** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Dortmund v Juventus (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th 4pts Dortmund to beat Juventus 5/4 BetVictor The way Dortmund have suddenly started defending should give them plenty of confidence that they can turn this deficit around. They only need the one goal with a clean sheet after all. Juventus should be looking at this match and go into it with the ambition of finding the net because it is unlikely they are going to keep the Yellow Submarine at bay for 90 minutes in this atmosphere and environment. That said I favour Dortmund to come through this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dortmund-vs-juventus-betting-germans-can-overturn-first-leg-deficit-with-wednesday-win

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th I' m not really convinced that Dortmund win this Game. Despite back to back clean sheets in the Bundesliga the back Four are still not stabile. They lose the ball far too often in midfield to Start of counter attacks and lacked creativity in the last games. They didn't even have chances to score goals and BVB always Need plenty of opportunities to get a goal. I See under 2.5 as the better bet.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th LOL, Juve are not bloody FSV Mainz or Hannover 96, although BVB is struggling against those as well. You may speak as much as you like about Dortmund "defence", but tommorow they face none else than Juve on other side, which is famous for its defence, and which is playing very good season. Besides it the game in Italy should have been won by Juve with handicaps, a lot of that being unsaid in the first game. Tommorow is only the following of what has begun in 1st leg, my money is on Juve, I am not backing BVB especially not at those odds, for me Juve to win, small bet on 0:1 Juve win and an insurance on 1:1 should BVB score first. I hope more of you who see "value" on BVB drive the odds in their favour even more during the day, so i can take even higher odds on Juve. And remember this, Italian sides when in form, are certainly the last teams on Earth you want to save your bad season on, which BVB certainly needs to do, so even more pressure on them to deliver, this game reminds me of Milan vs Bayern approximately 7-8 years ago, when Milan gave them no chance in both games, despite result not being that high. Same to go for Juve tommorow imho.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th Dortmund needs to score early to have a chance. This season, they don't really cope well when they put on all the pressure and then fail to score. If they don't, Juventus is going to give them the sucker punch like a lot of teams did to them at home.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th

LOL' date=' Juve are not bloody FSV Mainz or Hannover 96, although BVB is struggling against those as well. You may speak as much as you like about Dortmund "defence", but tommorow they face none else than Juve on other side, which is famous for its defence, and which is playing very good season. [/quote'] Agree. You could also add Cologne or Hamburg into this statement. Dortmund have improved lately but i dont think it's anywhere good enough to beat Juvy. I don't normally trust italian teams away from home but tonight I'll give them a chance.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th BVB will try to make it a high intensity contest with a lot of running and chances to be had. Juve will try to take the sting out by slowing things down and then trying to pick BVB apart one piece at a time. Two opposing styles and whichever gets the match play out their way goes through imo.

Juve not been in great form away in champs lge though , btn 1-0 by olympiacos , 1-0 by Madrid , won 2-0 at malmo Here's a list of their last few away CL games 1057492f028d82bd902aac13abba657d.jpg5544bc093a4df20f5ca732adb49f50fb.jpg So not invincible
I don't think stats from 2008 are very applicable for today's Juve, but since Conte's Juve returned to the Champions League in 2012, their away record is 3 wins, 3 draws and 5 loses. After the 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge in their first match, all their wins and draws were against weaker teams than today's opponent - Nordsjaelland, Shakhtar, Celtic, Kobenhavn and Malmo. Dortmund's record at Signal Iduna Park after their return to the Champions League in 2011 is 12 wins, 2 draws and 3 loses. With Marco Reus's return after injury and this Juventus team's away record in the Champions League, I see Dortmund -0,25 AH as a very solid bet.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th Dortmund didn't create many chances in the 1st leg. They needed a Chiellini's slip to score. Juve should have won by a bigger margin. It's hard to see Dortmund turn things around tonight. Allegri made Juve a much more solid team. His Milan dealt with Barca mightily before despite limited resources so I expect no less this time, specially with the sort of players at his disposal. Morata and Tevez up front are capable of hitting a sucker punch if Dortmund play all out attack. I'll go big on Juve +0.25 AH.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th Stats are there for people to twist into their opinion , a team could win 1 and draw 17 of the 18 home games they play , some say undefeated others say hard to win with. Dont think juve are that good a team , good defensively in a poor league by their Italian standards , but dropped points away recently at Cesena , Udinese & only decent team being Roma. Straight win at 5/4 looks best on offer

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th Dortmund at home in Europa is a guarantee for atleast one goal. They are really energetic on these nights and Juventus will surely have troubles with the speed of the germans. They have to win so they will go all out. It's a major difference home or away for this team even when they sucked in the league, totally out of form but still managed to win almost every game in the CL. This has to tell you something about their potential to be honest. Juventus haa somy injuries to deal with especially pirlo is a big blow. No matter how old he is, he is the soul of their team. They aren't playing convincingly lately but ofcourse they are still an italian top team who knows how to get a result but no way they will keep a cleansheet here. This tie smells like going to overtime like atletico yesterday. 2-1 is a very likely result for me and may the best win. But from a betting angle I really like the germans at home to get a victory. I always liked teams who need a result in the second leg especially at home. 1-0 is enough so it might be tight in the first half but let's just hope for a fluke early goal to open up things! We saw in the away leg that Dortmund played pretty well and created enough chances to score a goal so I'll just stick with that. Besides all these facts, Juventus away record is terrible in the cl last few years. Only win was against Malmo in 7 attempts while loosing 5 of them. Dortmund to win medium stakes! Goodluck gents.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th I watch Dortmund in few game and I am not impressed, and for me they are far away from their best day, not playing high pressure so good anymore, and Juventus know to keep ball very well, they will go for draw, and they have good chance for that. So my bet is draw for small stake. In first game Dortmund without good game play, and they only lucky scored after Juve defensive mistake!

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th i'm from germany and big german footbal fan. this season, you can't compare their bundesliga perfomance with their perfomance in CL. the signal iduna park is a weapon and juve definitely won't survive. i never tire of saying don't make the mistake to underestimate the quality of the team and the fact of playing at signal iduna park. for me there will be a handicap HW.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th I watched the first game and thought both teams looked poor. Juve sat back and soaked up the predictable Dortmund attacks, whenever they broke they looked like scoring because the Dortmund defence was so poor. I really wouldn't like to predict this one, Dortmund look like they have a decent performance in them but require so many chances to score and defend so badly while Juve are poor away in the CL and didn't really do much in the first leg to convince me they are much of a side beyond Tevez. Whichever of these sides goes through I would expect them to go out in the next round.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th We may as well see a similar scenario to the one in Madrid last night, with ET. In any case what I see is an Over 2,5 Goals priced at 2,075 by the Asian line in bet365. My kind of choice, my kind of bet, medium to high stakes. Value bet by all my standards! I am not bothered what Dortmund do in Bundesliga, we are having a certain sitauation tonight, and value is with the Over. An attacking German team chasing a goal deficit against a very good Italian side, who already booked the title at home. No Italian team comes storming out regardless what happened in the first leg, and certainly not the best Italian team currently. So a steady, compact start from the guests, with one little detail in mind - Juve have yet to prove to me that they are a CL material, because regardless how dominant they are at home, in CL they are still not considered a serious contender. In other words they still look vulnerable to me... The game in Torino could have well ended 5-2, instead of 2-1 only. This time I see Dortmund leading the game, and if 1-0 (or more) up the first half they won't stop attacking - this is not Augsburg or FC Cologne (no offense to these teams!), it is the Champion of Italy, and trying to ''shut'' the game against Juve could be suicidal... Dortmund will go forward strong from the start IMO, a slow and patient approach is what most people expect, after all 1-0 will take them through. A surprise start is what Klopp needs and I think he will risk it, with ''all guns blazing''...Will Dortmund be able to score early enough and give us something of their fantastic performances against Real Madrid? I hope so, as my money is already on the Over! On 1X2 I would back Dortmund too, but I prefer the Over and GL to all tonight!

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th Dortmund were piss-poor against Cologne on Saturday and couldn't even break down their defence. Now they'll play Juventus who won't have a much different game plan than FC Cologne did in German league. Doubt we'll see a lot of goals in first 45 mins.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th Dortmund were very poor again. They created almost nothing. Their only serious chance was Ramos' header but it was not enough to beat Buffon. Juve had so many one on one chances and the Italians should have won 6-0 or 7-0. Grande Juve is back.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Juventus > Wednesday March 18th Bad result for me. Funny how a team fails when you make a bet on them. Juventus was awful last few years away from home and now suddenly without pirlo they show up great. Dortmund didn't created any decent chances. Have to be an off-day cause why would they dominate at home normally? This season sucks for them anyways! Congrats to all juventus backers

Bad result for me. Funny how a team fails when you make a bet on them.
When I played Chess with my Dad, he would say: "play the board as it is, not as you would like it to be" (I would attack his pieces recklessly, ignoring my defence, and he would win) I try to remember this lesson with football, especially in-play. So, for example, if I'd backed Dortmund pre-match last night, but then saw Juventus were dominating, if I 'cleared my mind' of the Dortmund bet, I might profit anyway, purely by following the Juventus dominance in the match. (With in-play betting, I think it is vital to try to FORGET any pre-match bets, and the idea of chasing or compensating for a loss - and then you can be free to focus on any possible in-play value)