** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

February 16 - February 22

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Joao Sousa to beat Dominic Thiem for a 7/10 stake at 2.17 with Pinnacle Thiem is yet to get going in the new season (his only recent win came against the out-of-form Gulbis), while Sousa was playing pretty well in both Montpellier and Rotterdam, so I fancy him here at odds against. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sousa-vs-thiem-betting-joao-sousa-looks-value-against-dominic-thiem-in-marseille

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Anna Karolina Schmiedlova to beat Alison Van Uytvanck for a 7/10 stake at 1.62 with Pinnacle This should be incredibly tough for Van Uytvanck. Still in Antwerp on Sunday, conditions that probably won't suit her, and an opponent that's better than her when it comes to clay. I would be really surprised to see Van Uytvanck win this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schmiedlova-vs-van-uytvanck-betting-anna-karolina-schmiedlova-to-get-through-to-the-second-round-in-rio

Re: February 16 - February 22 Yuliya Beygelzimer (+1.5 sets) to beat Barbora Zahlavova Strycova @ 2.760 Pinnacle Yuliya Beygelzimer (+6 games) to beat Barbora Zahlavova Strycova @ 1.917 Pinnacle Zahlavova Strycova was playing in Antwerp only yesterday having made the last four of that tournament and so she might not have enough time to properly prepare for this match, not to mention recover from any fatigue that might have built up. In contrast, Beygelzimer has had plenty of time to acclimatise as she has played the qualifying rounds. Ordinarily I wouldn't give the Ukrainian much of a chance here because Zahlavova Strycova is in good form, but as it's possible the Czech's level will drop I like the look of the handicap lines.

Re: February 16 - February 22 Good Luck With Nadal a hot favourite in Rio, there are some juicy each way prices around for the likes of Robredo who made the quarter finals last year and Klizan who played ok in Sao Paulo last week. Tommy Robredo @ 20-1 [Ladbrokes] Martin Klizan @ 50-1 [skybet] Both each way

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Caroline Garcia (+1.5 sets) to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 5/10 stake at 2.05 with Pinnacle Back Caroline Garcia to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 2/10 stake at 3.85 with Pinnacle Radwanska isn't playing well at the moment and Garcia actually beat her last time out, so I'm happy to go with the big price here. Garcia can hit through Radwanska on a regular basis, that's what's important here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/garcia-vs-radwanska-betting-caroline-garcia-to-impress-against-agnieszka-radwanska-in-dubai

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Malek Jaziri (+1.5 sets) to beat Bernard Tomic for a 5/10 stake at 2.24 with Pinnacle Back Malek Jaziri to beat Bernard Tomic for a 2/10 stake at 4.30 with Pinnacle I'll give Jaziri another chance. He didn't disappoint me last week performance-wise, while Tomic is still so up-and-down that I just cannot trust him to win this one easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jaziri-vs-tomic-betting-malek-jaziri-looks-value-against-the-talented-australian

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Jerzy Janowicz to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 2.55 with Pinnacle Goffin is still struggling to kick-start the new season and the loss against Muller won't add to his confidence, so I'll back Janowicz here at odds this big. The illness should be gone already and he was playing decent stuff in Montpellier before that, so chances are that he's going to pick up where he left off. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/janowicz-vs-goffin-betting-jerzy-janowicz-to-record-his-second-victory-against-david-goffin

Re: February 16 - February 22 Daniela Hantuchova to beat Simona Halep @ 6.640 Pinnacle There's an element of risk to this bet as Hantuchova could run out of steam after winning the title in Pattaya and then beating Barthel in the first round here, but I tend to think that if she was running on empty she would have folded in the third set against Barthel and saved herself from taking on a top player like Halep if she had nothing left to give. It could be that she fancies her chances as her form is obviously very good, whilst Halep could be vulnerable as she doesn't have any momentum right now. If Hantuchova is fit then I'd say she has a better chance of winning this than her price suggests, but if she isn't then this could be over very quickly. As such, I'm leaving the handicap lines and taking the match line but with a 0.2 point stake rather than my usual 1 point. Daniel Gimeno-Traver (+1.5 sets) to beat David Ferrer @ 3.210 Pinnacle Daniel Gimeno-Traver (+5.5 games) to beat David Ferrer @ 1.925 Pinnacle Since Ferrer lost to Nishikori at the Australian Open in what was his last match, Gimeno-Traver has played ten matches on South American clay courts and so might have a slight advantage in that regard. That said, Ferrer often has a break after the Australian Open before joining the clay swing in this part of the world. He should be fine as far as winning is concerned, but as it might take him some time to get warmed up I think Gimeno-Traver might be able to either take the first set or win enough games to cover the game line.

Re: February 16 - February 22 Eric Quigley (+1.5 sets) to beat Adrian Mannarino @ 2.940 Pinnacle Eric Quigley (+5 games) to beat Adrian Mannarino @ 2.070 Pinnacle Since Mannarino retired against Lopez at the Australian Open, the Frenchman hasn't won a match. It's hard to imagine that his confidence is high right now and so Quigley might be able to turn his run of wins into an upset of sorts. The American got through three rounds of qualifying, including a win over former top 50 player Hanescu, and so I think he has a chance to cover these lines in home conditions.

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Garbine Muguruza Blanco to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 7/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Radwanska just isn't playing well these days, so I'm happy to oppose her once again, especially since Muguruza Blanco has already beaten her in this season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/muguruza-blanco-vs-radwanska-betting-agnieszka-radwanska-looks-set-to-struggle-yet-again

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Gabriela Ce (+1.5 sets) to beat Johanna Larsson for a 7/10 stake at 2.12 with Pinnacle Larsson will be asked to play all the big shots here and I'm not sure that she'll be able to do that without making a lot of errors. One set should therefore be well within the reach of the local heroine. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ce-vs-larsson-betting-gabriela-ce-can-take-a-set-off-johanna-larsson-on-wednesday

Re: February 16 - February 22 John-Patrick Smith (+1.5 sets) to beat Kevin Anderson @ 2.550 Pinnacle John-Patrick Smith (+4.5 games) to beat Kevin Anderson @ 1.833 Pinnacle Anderson is playing well enough and he has a good record in Delray Beach, but having made the final in Memphis a couple of days ago and having had some problems getting to this tournament due to bad weather, this might not be a straightforward match for the South African. John-Patrick Smith has won a few matches already here, and although it's not relevant as it was so long ago he has beaten Anderson before. It can't do any harm though in my opinion when you play against someone that you know you've got the better of in the past, and so Smith on both plus lines is the play here for me.

Re: February 16 - February 22 Simone Bolelli (-5 games) to beat Luca Vanni @ 1.813 Pinnacle So far this season Bolelli has only lost to players ranked higher than him, which gives an indication of the task facing Vanni here. If he was fresh I think he would struggle against Bolelli who is a more complete player, but as it is he played the final on clay in Sao Paulo at the weekend and hasn't had that much time to make his way to Marseille. Last week was a breakout one on the main tour for Vanni, which is likely to have drained him emotionally as well as physically. This should be a match too far for him and so I'm backing his compatriot Bolelli to win this with plenty in hand.

Re: February 16 - February 22 Pironkova tends to pefrorm better when she is the underdog but she fails to meet the big expectations though.There are many examples but the recent one was yesterday against Peng when the Bulgarian was priced @ 2.50.Saying that,i don't mean she will win tonight but certainly her win shouldn't be priced as high as 8.Halep might win in straight sets but i think Cveti could take more than 4 games so i will be on:Halep-Pironkova-between 17&19 games @ 2.87 with bet365.Bear in mind that our girl has never reach that far in the competition so she must be fired up to go through and she has nothing to lose. 6:4,6:3

Re: February 16 - February 22 Andrey Kuznetsov (+1.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils @ 2.860 Pinnacle Andrey Kuznetsov (+4.5 games) to beat Gael Monfils @ 2.120 Pinnacle Monfils had some problems against Zverev in the last round and his mind has a tendency to wander, so I think Kuznetsov might be able to win a set like he did against Raonic last week. The Russian wasn't convincing in the first round against Golubev, but he's not the most consistent player and is capable of playing considerably better here and if he does I think these lines have a chance. Thiemo De Bakker (+1.5 sets) to beat David Ferrer @ 3.050 Pinnacle Thiemo De Bakker (+5.5 games) to beat David Ferrer @ 1.854 Pinnacle Ferrer didn't have it all his own way against Gimeno-Traver in the first round, and he dropped a set against De Bakker at the start of the year in Doha and so I like the look of the handicaps here. De Bakker has plenty of clay court wins behind him right now and he's had a few notable wins on the surface, so if he continues to serve as he has done recently and if he can make some chances on Ferrer's serve this could be surprisingly close.

Re: February 16 - February 22

Pironkova tends to pefrorm better when she is the underdog but she fails to meet the big expectations though.There are many examples but the recent one was yesterday against Peng when the Bulgarian was priced @ 2.50.Saying that' date='i don't mean she will win tonight but certainly her win shouldn't be priced as high as 8.Halep might win in straight sets but i think Cveti could take more than 4 games so i will be on:Halep-Pironkova-between 17&19 games @ 2.87 with bet365.Bear in mind that our girl has never reach that far in the competition so she must be fired up to go through and she has nothing to lose. 6:4,6:3
:nana

Re: February 16 - February 22

Good Luck With Nadal a hot favourite in Rio, there are some juicy each way prices around for the likes of Robredo who made the quarter finals last year and Klizan who played ok in Sao Paulo last week. Tommy Robredo @ 20-1 [Ladbrokes] Martin Klizan @ 50-1 [skybet] Both each way
Poor play by Robredo today, beaten in straight set @ 1.33!

Re: February 16 - February 22 Donald Young (-4.5 games) to beat Alejandro Gonzalez @ 1.833 Pinnacle Young is in fine form just now and should win this handily enough. Gonzalez isn't great on hard and was trailing in the last round before Querrey retired, and unless Young gets injured this is likely to be the end of the line for the Colombian. With luck, one break in each set will be enough to cover this line and as I think it's possible Young will break more than that I'm happy to play this. Pablo Carreno Busta (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 4.830 Pinnacle Pablo Carreno Busta (+6.5 games) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 1.847 Pinnacle Bellucci managed to stay with Nadal for most of the first set of their match, and if Carreno Busta can do the same then he'll have a chance of covering these lines. The young Spaniard was emphatic in the final set against Berlocq in the last round and so should be feeling positive, which I think is important when taking on Nadal. At this tournament last year Andujar very nearly knocked out Nadal, and as Carreno Busta is similarly ranked I don't see why he can't take a set. Chances are that Nadal wins easily, but Carreno Busta has talent and clay is his favourite surface so I think the value is on him here.

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Simone Bolelli (+1.5 sets) to beat Milos Raonic for a 7/10 stake at 2.40 with Pinnacle Didn't happen last week, but I think that it could happen this time around, as this will actually be the Canadian's first match of the week. That alone should give Bolelli a better chance - and the odds are also slightly juicier than they were last week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bolelli-vs-raonic-betting-simone-bolelli-looks-value-against-milos-raonic-yet-again

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Pablo Cuevas (-4) to beat Albert Montanes for a 7/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Cuevas showed no signs of fatigue against Almagro and this should actually be a step down in terms of difficulty, so I fancy him to get the job done relatively easily. After all, Montanes seems to be in some sort of a decline these days. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cuevas-vs-montanes-betting-pablo-cuevas-should-be-too-strong-for-albert-montanes

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Pablo Carreno-Busta Total Games - Over 6 for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Pinnacle Agree with Torque here. Carreno-Busta shouldn't have any pressure to weigh him down (like Bellucci did) and Nadal is still far from his destructive best, so I do fancy Carreno-Busta to win at least six games today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carreno-busta-vs-nadal-betting-pablo-carreno-busta-to-show-plenty-of-resilience-against-rafael-nadal

Re: February 16 - February 22 Back Yoshihito Nishioka to beat Marinko Matosevic for a 7/10 stake at 3.40 with Bet365 Nishioka could provide us with the upset of the day in Delray Beach in my opinion. The fact that Matosevic won against Isner doesn't mean anything, the American was just missing everything in that one. Nishioka will give Matosevic plenty to worry about from the back of the baseline, so anything above 3.00 looks worth taking to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nishioka-vs-matosevic-betting-yoshihito-nishioka-to-provide-the-upset-of-the-day-in-delray-beach