** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 27 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 28 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th Tuesday preview: 4pts Chelsea vs Liverpool - Both teams to score 9/10 Ladbrokes All eyes will be on Chelsea in this tie now, especially after Saturday’s loss, but that might suit Liverpool in a way. We saw in Madrid when everyone expected them to get spanked how they can organise themselves and be hard to break down but the difference is here they have to win at some point. I think they have more pace in their side now so can be a threat on the attack but Chelsea are going to be extra motivated after Saturday. I expect Chelsea to win but I’m more confident on both sides scoring. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-liverpool-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-open-second-leg

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th

Why do Liverpool have to win? No away goals? So why can't this finish 0-0 and they win on penalties?
Liverpool don't need to win, they need to score. Instead of winning, they can qualify by a score draw higher than 1-1 or take the match to extra time at 1-1. However, I think we will see a huge response from Chelsea after their FA Cup humiliation. Mourinho knows how to win this type of matches and he will.

Why do Liverpool have to win? No away goals? So why can't this finish 0-0 and they win on penalties?
Away goals count extra after extra time, so if it's 0-0 after extra time tomorrow, Chelsea go through ... "13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football. Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#wlLAQHUWwcupT50T.99'>http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#wlLAQHUWwcupT50T.99" http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th Wednesday preview: 4pts Tottenham to beat Sheffield United 5/6 BetVictor This tie is brilliantly set up and I expect Sheffield United to have a real go at this but that could well play into Tottenham’s hands with the quality they have in forward areas. The doubt with backing Tottenham is that they don’t have to win but it would be a dangerous game to play to try and protect a one goal lead. I’m expecting Sheffield United to be open to be picked off and Spurs have the ability to do it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-betting-tottenham-can-book-a-wembley-spot-in-style

Away goals count extra after extra time, so if it's 0-0 after extra time tomorrow, Chelsea go through ... "13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football. Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#wlLAQHUWwcupT50T.99'>http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#wlLAQHUWwcupT50T.99" http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/
Thanks. I read the rules on Wiki but it didn't mention after extra-time. I still think that extra thirty minutes needs to be considered though.

Liverpool don't need to win' date=' they need to score. Instead of winning, they can qualify by a score draw higher than 1-1 or take the match to extra time at 1-1. However, I think we will see a huge response from Chelsea after their FA Cup humiliation. Mourinho knows how to win this type of matches and he will.[/quote'] I agree Chelsea will be annoyed, but if they come out of the blocks and Liverpool hold firm, which I expect them to, they could get frustrated.

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th Interesting... Sheffield United next match 2 days later is against leaders Swindon Town, and a chance to get into promotion play-off position Tottenham next match 2 days later is against West Brom, and a chance to get into 4th position Only difference is, Sheffield's 2 home matches and Tottenham's 2 away matches... I guess H2H doesn't matter here -- The last time Spurs away beat Sheffield was 1975...

Definitely agree with this selection. I've laid Chelsea heavily at 4/6 on the exchanges because I think it represents incredible value. In my mind, you can make a case for Liverpool winning or drawing this match at least as much as Chelsea winning, therefore you have to oppose them here as the value is all on our side. Liverpool have improved significantly in the past few weeks while Chelsea's form is much more patchy. Liverpool are no longer conceding heaps of goals or making sloppy errors at the back. They are well organised. We know Chelsea will be setup well organised too and Mourinho will not want to give Liverpool a sniff. With away goals not counting until extra time, both teams will be looking to protect their defences. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a bore draw 0-0 after 90 minutes. This match is not going to be a thriller. The game will then come to life in extra time with Liverpool having to chase a result or lose on away goals. It might be worth going for a goal in the extra 30 minutes as Chelsea will have opportunities on the counter attack. But for me, I think there's a very good chance Liverpool do not lose this game in 90 minutes tonight. Lay Chelsea (4/6 - Betfair) 12 points
I think you make some good points Some related markets: Draw 4.33 Marathon/Boylesports Under 2.5 2.19 188Bet Draw and Under 2.5 5.0 Bet365/William Hill Chelsea to qualify in extra time 7.5 PP Liverpool to qualify in extra time 19.0 PP

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th Chelsea - Liverpool Chelsea in the last 2 games, lost to inferior Bradford in their home and had 1-1 against Liverpool at ''Anfield'' in a game that they were very lucky and could have easily lost. Liverpool had 59-41 ball possesion, 15-1 shots and also one shot that hit the bar. Two bad games don't mean that Chelsea is out of shape but I think their mind will be in Saturday's game against Man. City for Premier League Liverpool on the other hand has lost only to Man. Utd since late November and since they have no chance of winning the Premier League title they would love to say goodbye to their captain by winning a trophy. Aslo to be more realistic, winning the Capital One Cup will give the Reds the opportunity to play to Europa League next year as the competition for the 5th place is really hard. Under the circumstances I find the 6.10 odds@marathonbet for away win extremely high and I will put a small bet there but will also go for the safer choice that still has high oods Liverpool to qualify @ 3.60 Marathonbet

Definitely agree with this selection. I've laid Chelsea heavily at 4/6 on the exchanges because I think it represents incredible value. In my mind, you can make a case for Liverpool winning or drawing this match at least as much as Chelsea winning, therefore you have to oppose them here as the value is all on our side. Liverpool have improved significantly in the past few weeks while Chelsea's form is much more patchy. Liverpool are no longer conceding heaps of goals or making sloppy errors at the back. They are well organised. We know Chelsea will be setup well organised too and Mourinho will not want to give Liverpool a sniff. With away goals not counting until extra time, both teams will be looking to protect their defences. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a bore draw 0-0 after 90 minutes. This match is not going to be a thriller. The game will then come to life in extra time with Liverpool having to chase a result or lose on away goals. It might be worth going for a goal in the extra 30 minutes as Chelsea will have opportunities on the counter attack. But for me, I think there's a very good chance Liverpool do not lose this game in 90 minutes tonight. Lay Chelsea (4/6 - Betfair) 12 points
Seems that you read it pretty well :clap

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th Just a pre-match warning for the Sheffield United v Spurs game tonight. There is a high probability of snow here in Sheffield tonight (more than likely during the late night/early morning). It has been forecast for heavy snow overnight. There has been little bits of hail on and off this morning (nothing drastic at all) but there is a small possibility of snow coming down this afternoon and when we get snow up here in Sheffield it is often pretty bad. Luckily where Bramhall Lane is situated, in the centre of Sheffield, it is very low down in terms altitude compared to the majority of the city. I for example live near the highest point in the city and can easily get 6-10 inches of snow on a bad snow day but there been hardly anything in the centre (where Bramhall Lane is) so I am not trying to put anyone off betting as hopefully the pitch/ground will be fine, but maybe it could be worth waiting until nearer kick off to establish exactly what weather the teams will be playing in.

Personally I wouldn't wait for the snow to hit tonight. I'd get involved now using that local knowledge. It's bitterly cold in Sheffield, and will get colder before the match starts tonight. Whether the playing area is affected or not, it will have an impact on the type of football we'll see tonight. The first leg was pretty awful and no way are the players lining up in freezing conditions going to raise their levels. So for me, I'm expecting another low scoring game with the conditions aiding a pretty drab match. Tottenham have what they need to qualify already, and I'm not expecting Sheffield United to take any risks until the last 15-20 minutes. This is when Tottenham may sneak one in on the counter attack. But of course they don't need to score, so they may just run the clock down and let the hosts huff and puff their way to a commendable 0-0 draw. So for me this is a one goal maximum game tonight, but I've taken the 10/11 on Under 2.5 goals on Betfair. I expect unders lines to contract significantly between now and kick off. Under 2.5 goals @ 10/11 Betfair (12 points) Good luck everyone!
You actually raise a very good point there Yiddo :ok I think your selection of under 2.5 may well be worth taking on actually considering the weather factor. My only concern with this bet is Tottenham's poor defence and if their defenders are more worried about finishing the match and getting a warm cup of coco than concentrating on the game then their very frequent complacency could lead to Sheff Utd getting that vital first goal they need. If this happens within the first hour or so then it could blow the game wide open.

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th It's snowing in sheffield now (i'm in totley which is high up) but we've had hailstones and sleet with very high winds at times. as other posters have said it will be very cold with windy conditions and maybe hail/sleet. The southern softies may not fancy it :)

Re: Capital One Cup Semi-Finals > January 27th & 28th I like your thoughts into how this match will be played out Yiddo and think there is a very good chance (as you did last night) that you may have called it correctly. I think the Unders is worth a play and that will be my selection on this match too. I am currently in the city centre right now (approx 2 miles from the stadium) and although it is only rain at the moment it is getting colder and colder.