US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th

Aidymac

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2015/04/03/116152982/tiger-to-play-the-masters-next-week/ Read the comments at the bottom a lot of die hard Tiger fans think he can win it :rollin if i ever get like that after Mcilroy gets past his sell by date you have permission to shoot me!
:lol:lol An achievement would be making the cut, he has no chance. He is finished, even if he improved 10 shots from when we last saw him he has no chance.

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Tiger Woods 50/1 365 - Great golfer with a huge price in the form of his... ---- But seriously, i want Rory to win but i just don't think he is even slightly backable. And would like Tiger to do well but as you guys have said if he makes the cut then id be surprised tbh. 50/1 is laughable. Would be amazing if he was to do it though ;) Stenson 20/1 Coral Long which is key here, and in form, think this price is a little bit large tbh. If he brings his best i wouldn't be surprised at all. Finished 14th andd 18th the last 2 times out, but think he has his game in the place he wants it to be. Dubisson 100/1 practically everywhere Admitedly haven't seen much from the Frenchman, but impressed in the Ryder Cup and think he can go well here. Ranked 17th in the world, and whilst he didn't make the cut last year he isn't a masters virgin. Hunter Mahan 125/1 Winner Hunter is always someone i don't think you can write off especially at a price that big. He is consistent has plenty of experience at this level and could surprise a lot of people. Has had a couple of top 10's so he knows what its like to be in the hunt on masters sunday. Miguel Angel Jiminez 200/1 BV Because why not. ;) He came in 4th last year and we have seen Cabrera do it at an "older" age and i don't see why Miguel cant do the same.

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th How they qualified; MASTERS CHAMPIONS: Bubba Watson, Adam Scott, Charl Schwartzel, Phil Mickelson, Angel Cabrera, Trevor Immelman, Zach Johnson, Tiger Woods, Mike Weir, Vijay Singh, Jose Maria Olazabal, Mark O'Meara, Ben Crenshaw, Bernhard Langer, Fred Couples, Ian Woosnam, Sandy Lyle, Larry Mize, Tom Watson. U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONS (past five years): Martin Kaymer, Justin Rose, Webb Simpson, Rory McIlroy, Graeme McDowell. BRITISH OPEN CHAMPIONS (past five years): Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen. PGA CHAMPIONS (past five years): Jason Dufner, Keegan Bradley. THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS (past three years): Matt Kuchar. U.S. AMATEUR CHAMPION AND RUNNER-UP: a-Yang Gunn, a-Corey Conners. BRITISH AMATEUR CHAMPION: a-Bradley Neil. ASIAN AMATEUR CHAMPION: a-Antonio Murdaca. LATIN AMERICA AMATEUR CHAMPION: a-Matias Dominguez. U.S. AMATEUR PUBLIC LINKS CHAMPION: a-Byron Meth. U.S. MID-AMATEUR CHAMPION: a-Scott Harvey. TOP 12 AND TIES FROM 2014 MASTERS: Jonas Blixt, Jordan Spieth, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Rickie Fowler, Lee Westwood, Thomas Bjorn, John Senden, Kevin Stadler, Jimmy Walker. TOP FOUR AND TIES FROM 2014 U.S. OPEN: Erik Compton, Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Henrik Stenson. TOP FOUR AND TIES FROM 2014 BRITISH OPEN: Sergio Garcia, Jim Furyk. PGA TOUR EVENT WINNERS SINCE 2014 MASTERS: Sueng-Yul Noh, Brendon Todd, J.B. Holmes, Hideki Matsuyama, Ben Crane, Kevin Streelman, Brian Harman, Camilo Villegas, Hunter Mahan, Chris Kirk, Billy Horschel, Sang-Moon Bae, Ben Martin, Robert Streb, Ryan Moore, Charley Hoffman, Patrick Reed, Bill Haas, Brandt Snedeker, James Hahn, Padraig Harrington, Matt Every. FIELD FROM THE 2014 TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP: Ryan Palmer, Cameron Tringale, Russell Henley, Morgan Hoffmann, Kevin Na, Geoff Ogilvy, Gary Woodland. TOP 50 FROM FINAL WORLD RANKING IN 2014: Victor Dubuisson, Jamie Donaldson, Ian Poulter, Joost Luiten, Luke Donald, Stephen Gallacher, Thongchai Jaidee, Steve Stricker, Shane Lowry, Marc Leishman, Mikko Ilonen, Danny Willett. TOP 50 FROM WORLD RANKING ON MARCH 30: Anirban Lahiri, Bernd Wiesberger, Branden Grace, Paul Casey.

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Just looking through the prices and struggling to understand why Rickie Fowler is as big as 40/1 (BetVictor). I backed him in every major last season and he was ultra consistent - T5 in The Masters, T2 in US Open, T2 in The Open and T3 in The PGA. Before I side with him again does anyone know of any reasons (injuries, poor recent form etc) why he might be such a big price?

Just looking through the prices and struggling to understand why Rickie Fowler is as big as 40/1 (BetVictor). I backed him in every major last season and he was ultra consistent - T5 in The Masters' date=' T2 in US Open, T2 in The Open and T3 in The PGA. Before I side with him again does anyone know of any reasons (injuries, poor recent form etc) why he might be such a big price?[/quote'] Rickie Fowler is drifting because of his poor form going into this, he was 100/1 last year for this and finished 5th. Don't let the price and the fact he is drifting in the betting put you off as the majors brings out the best in him. I agree with you 40's is to big a price for a player who challenged for all four majors last year Lee Westwood is only 10pt bigger at 50's as is Tiger Woods i would back Fowler all day long over those two as i see it 40's great value for fowler 50's on Westwood & Woods piss poor they should be 80's or higher imo. Fowler 33's paying 7 places on betfair sports book aint to shabby either IMO.

Who you fancying Aidy? Got on your Spieth e.w last year which was a nice earner!
I quite like the chances of Snedeker at the prices mate, but it's wide open, impossible to call in reality.

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Tiger Woods to miss the cut 5/4 paddy power I have got to go for this bet as Tigher has not played for about three months so he will definitely be rusty and also making your comeback on one of the worlds tough golf courese is going to be tough even though he plays well here

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Despite woods chances of winning is extremely low The only concern with backing him to miss the cut would be that conditions are looking similar to the conditions in 2007 when the course was playing very long and +1 won the whole thing. With the 50 and ties/ plus 10 shot rule, it wouldn't surprise me for woods to find a way to get through to the weekend unless Rory or someone runs away with it. And tiger knows how to get round this course.

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Tee-Times 12:45 (Thurs), 15:52 (Fri): Charley Hoffman, Brian Harman 12:56, 16:03: Larry Mize, Danny Willett (Eng), (a) Byron Meth 13:07, 16:14: Tom Watson, Gary Woodland, Camilo Villegas (Col) 13:18, 16:25: Mike Weir (Can), Ben Crane, (a) Corey Conners (Can) 13:29, 16:36: Vijay Singh (Fij), Russell Henley, Darren Clarke (NI) 13:40, 16:47: Jose Maria Olazabal (Spa), Brendon Todd, Kevin Na (Kor) 13:51, 17:09: Jonas Blixt (Swe), Kevin Streelman, Stephen Gallacher (Sco) 14:02, 17:20: Patrick Reed, Keegan Bradley, Ian Poulter (Eng) 14:13, 17:31: Miguel Angel Jimenez (Spa), Lee Westwood (Eng), Anirban Lahiri (Ind) 14:24, 17:42: Bubba Watson, Justin Rose (Eng), (a) Gunn Yang (Kor) 14:35, 17:53: Adam Scott (Aus), Dustin Johnson, (a) Antonio Murdaca (Aus) 15:19, 18:26: Webb Simpson, Hideki Matsuyama (Jap), Paul Casey (Eng) 15:30, 18:37: Charl Schwartzel (SA), Joost Luiten (Ned), Sangmoon Bae (Kor) 15:41, 18:48: Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy (NI), Ryan Moore 15:52, 18:59: J. B. Holmes, Martin Kaymer (Ger), Brandt Snedeker 16:03, 12:45: Ian Woosnam (Wal), Erik Compton, Marc Leishman (Aus) 16:14, 12:56: Trevor Immelman (SA), Kevin Stadler, (a) Scott Harvey 16:25, 13:07: Ben Martin, Robert Streb, Cameron Tringale 16:36, 13:18: Sandy Lyle (Sco), Seung-Yul Noh (Kor), (a) Bradley Neil (Sco) 16:47, 13:29: Bernhard Langer (Ger), Bernd Wiesberger (Aut), Geoff Ogilvy (Aus) 15:09, 13:40: Zach Johnson, Jim Furyk, Ernie Els (SA) 15:20, 13:51: Angel Cabrera (Arg), Louis Oosthuizen (SA), (a) Matias Dominguez (Chi) 15:31, 14:02: Mark O'Meara, Chris Kirk, Shane Lowry (Ire) 15:42, 14:13: Padraig Harrington (Ire), Ryan Palmer, Thomas Bjorn (Den) 15:53, 14:24: James Hahn (Kor), Mikko Ilonen (Fin), Hunter Mahan 16:04, 14:35: Matt Kuchar, Brooks Koepka, Graeme McDowell (NI) 16:15, 14:57: Jordan Spieth, Henrik Stenson (Swe), Billy Horschel 16:26, 15:08: Fred Couples, Branden Grace (SA), Thongchai Jaidee (Thai) 16:37, 15:19: Luke Donald (Eng), Victor Dubuisson (Fra), John Senden (Aus) 18:48, 15:30: Tiger Woods, Jamie Donaldson (Wal), Jimmy Walker 18:59, 15:41: Jason Day (Aus), Sergio Garcia (Spa), Rickie Fowler

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Hello from Augusta. Was lucky enough to be at Augusta National for the day yesterday. Some things I noticed that may help people with their selections... Tiger. Saw him hit some incredible shots. Looked very comfortable and relaxed. I have gone from laying him to make the cut to having a cheeky bet on him to win. Rory - looked very uncomfortable when I watched him round amen corner. Put one in the drink at 12. Mcdowell - looked very neat and tidy but a little short. The South Africans - oosty, shwarzel and grace were playing together and all looked very good - powerful, accurate etc. westwood - usual story, looked great of the tee, disgusting chipping. Others that I thought looked good - Ryan Moore, Casey (very relaxed), Willet (as casey), Rose (very studious), Els, Olly. Not so good - Gallagher, Stenson, Bae, Dufner.

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Tournament preview: 3pts ew B.Watson to win The Masters 12/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1-5) You could argue Bubba Watson is plenty short enough this week but he is short enough for a reason and that reason is that nobody is better suited to this golf course than he. Watson arrives here in excellent nick. He has won the HSBC Champions event and would’ve won in Phoenix had the putter not let him down and almost nabbed JB and Dustin Johnson at Doral in his last appearance. Bubba sits high in par five scoring and second on tour in scrambling and will be full of confidence having won two of the last three renewals. With the way his big booming cut shape suits this golf course even at 12/1 he’s the one they all have to beat. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-bubba-watson-primed-for-green-jacket-defence

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th .............No European golfer has won since Jose Maria Olazabal back in 1999 so that’s one trend McIlroy needs to beat but one man who I think can break that pattern is Henrik Stenson. The 39yo Swede is arguably at the peak of his career just now. He won the Fed-Ex Cup in 2013 and was placed in both the US Open and PGA Championship last year. A bout of Flu has put the mockers on his chances but It wouldn’t surprise me to see him play well once again and the 22/1 available with Coral looks decent value. Former winner Adam Scott is a big price at 25/1 (Hills) in my opinion, true his current form has not been great but he’s been experimenting with his putting and comes here with his trusty old long putter and reports are that practice has been going well. If he’s back on song in that department then he must have a very good chance and three times the price of the favourite will appeal to some. Selections Adam Scott 1pt 25/1 >William Hill Henrik Stenson 1pt 22/1 Coral

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Top European Betting: This is a market I like due to the very short price about Rory McIlroy (around 7/4). It gives plenty of value elsewhere and with some bookies paying out on the first four it’s worth looking around for some each-way value. I think Henrik Stenson will go well this week but reports about a flu bug could scupper his chances and at 6/1 in this field I’ll give it a miss, he’s much better value to win it outright. Ian Poulter looks interesting at 20/1 with >Boylesports, he’s been playing ok this season so far and should have arguably won the Hondo Classic. Anyway he’s a decent player in the majors and has been away for a week relaxing in the Bahamas as a prep for this and is feeling confident about his game. Selection: Top European Player: Ian Poulter 1pt EW 20/1 >Boylesports (first 4)

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th [TABLE]

[TR] [TD=colspan: 2]
[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]Jason Day - all the way! Seems to have visibly matured since his WGC World Matchplay victory last season and despite his thumb injury which curtailed 2014, the momentum he has built from the latter part of last season is tangible. Top 7s across Ridgewood, TPC Boston, East Lake and Isleworth were followed by a win with Cameron Tringale in December at the Shark Shoot Out. 3rd at Kapalua on his 'dreaded' Bermuda greens (East Lake and Isleworth also notably on Bermuda) was the perfect pre-cursor for a return to the classical courses on which he thrives and his win at Torrey Pines was notable for a number of reasons. 1) He won his second PGA stroke-play title in a 4-man Play Off. 2) The Torrey Pines winner's trophy is littered with the names of Masters winners - Tiger (x7), Mickelson (x3), Bubba, Olazabal, O'Meara and Stadler. He went on to finish a strong finishing 4th the week after at the classical Pebble Beach and since then has played well enough on unfavourable Bermuda green courses in Florida. Lightly raced and primed for a huge week on a course his game is perfectly suited to I think JD has finally found the mental key that will see him capture his first Major this week after a 3-year stretch that has seen him finish 4 times in the Top 3 across here and the U.S. Open. In his winner's interview at Torrey Pines in February Day said " I was talking to bench a little earlier this week and you know, a lot of people when they feel fear they kind of run away from it. I just said, enough, instead of feeling the fear and kind of running away from it, I got to run towards it and try and face it. And did I that this week and I'm happy with the win." He's ready and available at 14/1.[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I quite like the chances of Snedeker at the prices mate' date=' but it's wide open, impossible to call in reality.[/quote'] Cool mate, let me know what else you wade in on.

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Have gone a bit mad with the bets this week, but have it done that I get my money back if any of them finish in the top 7, bar Walker who is a win bet. Jimmy Walker - 5 Points WIN @ 22/1 (On fire at the moment, leads the Fedex Cup, has transformed into a Top 10 player comfortably) Brandt Snedeker - 5 Points each-way @ 40/1 (Putting could be crucial this week, no better man. T6 at The Masters two years ago) Matt Kuchar - 4 Points each-way @ 40/1 (3 x Top 3's this season, very consistent. T5, T8, T3 the last three years) Billy Horschel - 3 Points each-way @ 66/1 (Fedex Cup Champion. Back to form 3rd in Texas last week, big player) Brooks Koepka - 3 Points each-way @ 80/1 (Won Phoenix Open this year, T4 in US Open last year, huge talent. Big hitter) Gary Woodland - 2 Points each-way @ 100/1 (Frustrating player but huge hitter. 3 x Top 5's this season. T26 in this last year) Jamie Donaldson - 2 Points each-way @ 125/1 (Ryder Cup hero, excels on tough courses. T14 in Masters last year) Cameron Tringale - 1 Point each-way @ 200/1 (T5 in Houston so in form. First Masters, but has plenty of talent) Sang Moon Bae - 1 Point each-way @ 200/1 (Won the Frys this year. Talented Asian player, looks a big price) Morgan Hoffmann - 1 Point each-way @ 250/1 (Should have won Arnold Palmer, finished 4th. Might surprise a few this week) Erik Compton - 0.5 Points each-way @ 750/1 (Shot in the dark. T2 in US Open last year)

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Plenty of decent Masters offers kicking about this week (for new and existing customers)... New Account Offers Treble Odds on any player (£5 max stake) new Coral customers -> http://punts.pl/CoralEnhanced Treble Odds on any player (£10 max stake) new 888sport customers -> http://punts.pl/888Treble Rory McIlroy @ 20/1 (money back if he doesn't win) with Paddy Power -> http://punts.pl/Paddy1 Rory McIlroy @ 10/1 (money back if you lose plus £100 free bets) with Betfair -> http://punts.pl/Betfair3 Existing Customer Offers Bet £10 (or more) pre-tournament, get a £10 In-Play free bet with Coral -> http://punts.pl/CoralIP Bet £20 (or more) pre-tournament, get a £10 In-Play free bet, with Unibet Money back if your selection misses the cut, with Ladbrokes Money back if your pre-tournament outright bet finishes 2nd or 3rd, with Boylesports Money back if 2nd to Rory McIlroy, with Titanbet In-Play money back if your selection birdies the 72nd hole, with Boylesports Seven places each-way, with Betfair

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Top Player previews: 2pts I.Poulter Top Englishman 9/2 Ladbrokes Ian Poulter probably should have won his first PGA Tour strokeplay title earlier in the year before he blew up in the Honda Classic but he was in contention a few times before and after that tournament so the new manufacturer he has for this season has given him the tools to improve his game. Poulter has a couple of top ten finishes around here and probably arrives here in the best form he’s been in since the last of those. We know he has the short game to produce the goods around here and with his tee to green game in good shape he could be a penalty kick at 9/2. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-ian-poulter-can-head-the-english-challenge-at-augusta 1pt ew A.Cabrera Top Rest of the World Player 20/1 Coral (1/5 1-4) One man who has both the game and the experience for this course is Angel Cabrera. The Argentine comes alive when he drives up Magnolia Lane. Cabrera won this tournament in 2009 and had a major chance to win it in 2013 when he lost out to Adam Scott in a playoff and he has a number of other solid efforts here. His driving comes alive here and he has the length to take care of the par 5s which is essential. If the putter plays the game the man from Argentina will have another strong week at a big price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-angel-cabrera-can-tame-augusta-again 4pts H.Matsuyama Top Asian 10/11 Stan James Hideki Matsuyama has already won on the PGA Tour and arrives here with good statistics in 2015. He has a very good all round game but the stat which stands out is his scrambling where he is third in strokes gained from tee to green and inside the top 20 for scrambling so if he can get a nice feel with the short stick he can contend in the tournament outright but even if he doesn’t his long game should see him comfortably clear of his Asian challengers. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-hideki-matsuyama-looks-a-good-thing-in-the-asian-market 1pt ew B.Langer Top Continental European 25/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-3) Bernhard Langer knows his way around the Augusta National facility having won the tournament twice and even though he is getting on a bit he is still capable of good golf as he showed last year when he made the top 10. The Champions Tour has really revived him and from a man who notoriously never left the fairway and who had a decent short game without being spectacular he should continue going well here. Langer scores exceptionally well on the par 5s on the Champions Tour and that coupled with his knowledge of the place should see him go well again this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-bernhard-langer-could-prove-to-be-value-among-continental-europeans

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th Its nearly here the first major of the year:nana My anti post bets from other thread- Rickie Fowler 50/1 1-5~Much better than shown of late majors brings out the best in him Jordan Spieth 40/1 e/w 1-5 ~Playing very well really think he will pick up a major this year went well here last year Martin Kaymer 80/1 e/w 1-6~Can never write the tough german off... bookies have he's out too 100/1 now! Keegan Bradley 80/1 Betfair Sports Book e/w 1-7~Playing very well at present could go well here at a very big price.

Its nearly here the first major of the year:nana My anti post bets from other thread- Rickie Fowler 50/1 1-5~Much better than shown of late majors brings out the best in him Jordan Spieth 40/1 e/w 1-5 ~Playing very well really think he will pick up a major this year went well here last year Martin Kaymer 80/1 e/w 1-6~Can never write the tough german off... bookies have he's out too 100/1 now! Keegan Bradley 80/1 Betfair Sports Book e/w 1-7~Playing very well at present could go well here at a very big price.
What a price you got on Spieth Ted, great stuff..

Re: US Masters - Augusta National > April 9th - 12th First round previews: 4pts B.Haas to beat J.Dufner & B.Crenshaw 5/6 Coral In the 3.08pm tee time in the UK there is one of those groups with a veteran as Bill Haas and Jason Dufner are joined by Ben Crenshaw. Crenshaw is playing in his final Masters so he’ll be out to do well but with it will come plenty of emotion. Crenshaw isn’t really a tournament player any longer so I’m happy to write him off and I’m not certain this course is one for Jason Dufner. Bill Haas may not be totally suited to this course either but I love his short game and he brings winning confidence from the Humana with him and he looks a good thing in this three ball. 3pts H.Mahan to beat J.Hahn & M.Ilonen 6/5 Betfair A little later at 5.53pm, again UK time, Hunter Mahan tees off alongside James Hahn and Mikko Ilonen. I’ve seen nothing from Ilonen all season to tell me he is going to go well here although in fairness to him there aren’t many putters than he on their day but he’s up against another good putter here. James Hahn is a rookie here and while he won the Northern Trust Open I’m not convinced his game suits Augusta. Hunter Mahan’s does though. His ball flight is perfect for around here and with his putting ability he should have a successful enough tournament starting by leading this three ball home. 3pts J.Walker to beat T.Woods & J.Donaldson 6/5 Ladbrokes There is no doubt where the eyes will be in the afternoon. That is on Tiger Woods. He goes out in the second to last group of the first round alongside Jimmy Walker and Jamie Donaldson. The biggest question of this year’s Masters centres around which Tiger will turn up. Tiger at his best plays this golf course really well but you don’t get around Augusta without a short game and Tiger’s short game in his last two outings was chronic. Jamie Donaldson is a fine player although he hasn’t been great tee to green this season and he could be slightly out of his comfort zone here but Jimmy Walker won’t be. He loves hitting a soft draw so this course shapes up well for him and he’s one of the best putters on tour. He will have to ignore the Tiger sideshow but he’s experienced enough now to do that and if he can do that he should coast home in this group. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-first-round-groupings-offer-plenty-of-value