** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 south korea 5/2 to beat the aussies again, thats gotta be worth a bet ? they are yet to conceed a goal too i think. aussies may not handle the pressure like 97 v iran ? uae should beat iraq in the other game, think their defeat of iran was the nadir.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 3rd Place Playoff and Final ... [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 30 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Iraq v United Arab Emirates (09:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.52[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 31 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]South Korea v Australia (09:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 I've been working on some Aussie betting sites the past couple of weeks and surprised by odds on Korea for the final. Considering Korea bet Australia in the group stages, haven't conceded a single goal all tourney, am I missing something here? Bet: S. Korea in 90 mins: 3/1 Son Haeng-Min 1st scorer 17/2 Under 2.5 goals 2/5 0-0 5/1

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015

I've been working on some Aussie betting sites the past couple of weeks and surprised by odds on Korea for the final. Considering Korea bet Australia in the group stages, haven't conceded a single goal all tourney, am I missing something here? Bet: S. Korea in 90 mins: 3/1 Son Haeng-Min 1st scorer 17/2 Under 2.5 goals 2/5 0-0 5/1
Massive just massive home ground advantage.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Also in that third game against S Korea in the group, coach Postecoglu rested his first choice front three who play overseas and replaced them with three A-league based attackers who normally start from the bench. Captain and important midfield screener Jedinak didn't play either. Basically the coach chose to use the match to rotate the squad in a bid to stay fresh for the latter stages and overall you have to say it worked as Australia do look a fit side. Contrast this with Japan who played best 11 every match and looked burnt out by the end. So the bookies know this and it may affect the way they think. Also after the loss to Korea, all the talk in Australia was of how many chances Australia created and how unlucky they were not to convert at least one and how well they played. It was quite a positive reaction for a loss. Bookies have been taking note of this too. Personally I don't have an opinion on the result yet. PS Australia is sweating on the fitness of Franjic who is the only proper right-fullback we have. Who ever may come into that role would be a step down as Franjic is proficient at both attacking and defending down that right channel.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 I believe in Australia's rematch mentality tomorrow. Key players Jason Davidson, Mile Jedinak, Matthew Leckie, Robbie Kruse and Tim Cahill will be back in the starting eleven as compared to the match with Korea in the group stage. Australia lost the final of the last edition of the tournament to the other East Asian powerhouse - Japan.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Very well organised Korea won't be easy to break down. I'm impressed with their water tight defence and excellent work ethics. Korean are known as fine athletes and they also seem to enjoy the workload. OZ will face a tough task today. However, Korea don't offer much going forward and I expect the Kangaroo's defence to hold their line alright. It's difficult to pick a winner so I will go for Under 2 goal. Too much at stake, the 2 teams will be extremely prudent. Plus Korea strong defence and not so great strikeforce, so don't think there will be 3 goals or more in this match. Extra time looming.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015

It was an amazing tournament both for watching and betting. I don't think anyone who betted regularly could have finished without a profit. The fact that all 24 group stage matches finished without a draw was beyond staggering.
Compare that to the ACN which virtually every game was a draw! I'm probably just going to blind bet draws in every game in the knockout stages, confident it'll turn a profit. Congrats to Australia, cracking final.