** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015

Group B Uzbekistan - Saudi Arabia Sunday Jan 18th This is a 2-way qualification fight. Uzbekistan have to win and Saudi Arabia need a draw. Although both teams can be a bit defensive, the fact is Uzbekistan have to score and if they do, then Saudi Arabia have to score too. In general, this sort of game tends to produce goals, so I think overs should be backed at attractive odds ... Over 2.0 AH 2.05 MarathonBet Stake: 5 points
great

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group B Uzbekistan - Saudi Arabia Sunday Jan 18th This is a 2-way qualification fight. Uzbekistan have to win and Saudi Arabia need a draw. Although both teams can be a bit defensive, the fact is Uzbekistan have to score and if they do, then Saudi Arabia have to score too. In general, this sort of game tends to produce goals, so I think overs should be backed at attractive odds ... Over 2.0 AH 2.05 MarathonBet Stake: 5 points
Result: Uzbekistan 3 Saudi Arabia 1 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 10.25 points Profit/loss = +5.25 points

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Any insights on Iraq v Palestine? I like the look of Iraq -1 half time Asian (2.2 @ b365) and -2 (7.3 @ b365). I honestly don't know much about the teams other than the info in the previews linked above (thanks MPL). However the following has caught my eye: - these bets would have paid out in both of Palestine's previous two group games. - Palestine lost big to Jordan and Iraq has beaten Jordan. - as far as I can tell from soccerway, Palestine has never beaten Iraq. - Iraq will want to ensure 2nd place over Jordan (both currently on 3 Pts) - Palestine is already eliminated.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Stressy I can tell you Palestine's achievement is simply being here present at the tournament. I remember reading pre-tournament one of their best players wasn't allowed to leave the Gaza strip by Israel :eyes, then some players play in Palestine, some players are part of the diaspora in Israel and play their football in the Israeli league. There's a handful that play in arab leagues and I don't remember seeing any European representation. The players aren't all professional and I think they qualified for the tournament via the Gulf Cup or something. Basically my point is they are really bad. They've conceded 4 goals in each match and I've seen them against Japan. Japan slept for 90 mins and won 4-0. Palestine have real enthusiasm and try hard, but you can really see technically they aren't up to standard with many mistouches and shanked clearences. Jordan hammered them and this is a Jordan side who was on a massive losing streak prior to meeting Palestine. Couple this with the fact that Iraq need to boost their goal difference in order to jump Jordan into second, and it's clear. There are rumours I saw briefly that the Palestinians would even be pleased to see Iraq qualify. Don't know why. I have stakes on Iraq -1.5 @ 1.75 but I think they will win by 3 or 4.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Iraq does not need to score more goals to surpass Jordan in the table, I think. First tie-break is results between teams and Iraq won 1-0 against Jordan. I actually think Iraq could even win by 1-0 only to Palestine. But I do agree they are very bad. Defensively they are seriously bad, from what I've seen from them. I think Over 2.5 Iraq is a good shout. Currently on 2 in some bookies.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 If Jordan win by one goal, Iraq need to match or better Japan and Jordan's 4 goal wins against Palestine. If Jordan win by two or more goals and Iraq win, they are through at the expense of Japan. If Jordan loose or draw, Iraq need a better result against Palestine.

Stressy I can tell you Palestine's achievement is simply being here present at the tournament ... ... Basically my point is they are really bad. They've conceded 4 goals in each match and I've seen them against Japan. Japan slept for 90 mins and won 4-0. Palestine have real enthusiasm and try hard, but you can really see technically they aren't up to standard with many mistouches and shanked clearences.
I remember being impressed with Palestine when I've seen them, but it was in tournaments like the AFC Challenge Cup where they beat teams like Afghanistan and the Philippines. I guess they are not used to facing teams of the standard of Japan and Jordan, who usually play against a higher level of opposition.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Can't see Iraq playing for the draw there. Manager already said they won't underestimate Palestine and alerted players that it will be a tough match, possibly to push away their complacency. I'm pretty sure Iraq will want to win and to win comfortably. I can see them having a strong first half to decide the match (winning 2-0, 3-0) and then try to manage their physical fitness for next round match. It is almost impossible for Jordan to beat Japan, unless they just shut up shop with 11 men behind like they loved doing against Iraq, and eventually score a scrappy goal, but if Japan manage to play half of what they can, they will win. I do like Iraq -2 AH @ 2.1 on Paddy Power. Hard to reject that odd. They have enough talent upfront to score goals against a very bad defensive line of Palestine. Jordan played like sh*t and on the counter against Palestine and actually scored 5... Masturbinho above actually stated some important stuff that I did not know, and I do believe that Iraq will want to start strong and to score some goals in the first half in order to manage their physical fitness in the second half for the QFs. And Palestine, even though some good notes, is very weak at the back. No tactical knowledge and defensive organization whatsoever. If feeling confident, you could also split stakes on Iraq -2 AH and Iraq -2.5 AH.

I remember being impressed with Palestine when I've seen them' date=' but it was in tournaments like the AFC Challenge Cup where they beat teams like Afghanistan and the Philippines. I guess they are not used to facing teams of the standard of Japan and Jordan, who usually play against a higher level of opposition.[/quote'] That's the name I was trying to remember! The "AFC Challenge Cup". Their presence here is due to their success in that, where the reward for winning is going to the Asia Cup to get pummeled by the real teams. 2 hours ago important team news http://boxscorenews.com/palestine-rocked-by-stalwart-saleh-injury-blow-p112231-68.htm

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Marathon just put odds up of 2.00 while paddy has 1.67 for the Iran win if anyone fancies it. Iran are a clear level above Iraq from what I've seen and the UAE have the special Omar Abdul Raman but he won't be enough to see off Japan. Two clear ties in my opinion. UAE played some nice tiki taka short passing and really put Iran in some bad positions. Omar threaded some lovely through balls to put his strikers in quality positions. They didn't take those chances. The difference is that when Endo puts his attackers in those same situations with dangerous through balls, they don't waste many opportunities to finish you. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_cWldX7_Nqw7Gbf7UnVM9XHL50YDse8dXjkF2WIx35usUytzE

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 23 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Iran v Iraq (06:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Japan v United Arab Emirates (09:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Draw/Iran @ 4.35 (Unibet) for a 0.25 stake We all know Iran is the king of the 1-0 and of clean sheet matches. Iraq could be a very dangerous team should they have been convincing so far, which they have not. They have the players and the criativity upfront, but poor decision making and very defensive playing style make them a dull team. They managed to escape from their group due to their scrappy win against poor Jordan (1-0). They could not even create that many chances against Palestine, even though they deserved to win 3-0 or 4-0, and were very disappointing against Japan, in a match that was expected to be very tight, but Japan missed a lot of goals. Even though Iran has a big advantage due to having a stronger tactical depth and better players overall, this match should be very tight. Both teams have defensive approaches and will surely enjoy some sit back in the first half. I'm expecting a first half without any interest, two teams fearing each other and expecting defensive mistake. However, in second half, both teams could start to risk a bit more and try to get a goal to put them ahead. And Iran usually know how to score in the second half, with 3 of their 4 goals in this competition being in the second half (and the first half goal was in stoppage time). Both teams also played a friendly before the competition, with Iran nailing the usual 1-0...with a second half goal. Draw/Iran or simply more goals in the second half if you are willing to risk it and should it be above evens should be value. Japan x UAE Over 2.5 @ 2.05 (BetVictor) for a 0.75 stake Japan is the usual suspect around, the stronger squad of the AFC Asian Cup. They did a regular group stage performance, beating Palestine 4-0 without playing 50% of what they can, won 1-0 against Iraq and it could have been 3-0 or so, and did a good performance overall against Jordan. They seem to be coupling well upfront but the lack of finishing is worrying. Okazaki can't find his way to score, while Honda is loving to hit the posts in this competition. But they are playing well, and should have enough to create a handful of goal scoring chances against any team in this competition. However, they Nagatomo and Sakai leave a lot of space behind and quick wingers could exploit that. UAE have pacy wingers and actually surprised everyone. Qatar was named as a big dark horse, but UAE killed their expectations in the first day with a big 4-1 win. Then they managed to win against Bahrain and actually held Iran to a 0-0 until 90+1, where Iran eventually scored a scrappy goal. But UAE actually played well, and even had the control of possession and the match for most of the time. They are a team that's much more worried in scoring than conceding, and even though they could push it to a more cautious approach tomorrow, they will surely test the Japanese defensive line (finally, after 3 matches!) Both teams are attacking based squads and enjoy attacking more than defending, so I expect a wide open match and goals could come in. Japan have been suffering from the lack of finishing but that can't last forever and I expect the big players to step up in these QFs and to start scoring as they should. UAE are not that good defensively, lacking some strength in defensive set pieces and against individual skilled players (Reza from Iran Bahrain forwards gave them a lot of trouble, for example). But upfront, they could damage Japan.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Australian referee added to his already woeful reputation by sending an Iranian player off for no good reason. Ben Williams just ***** a lot of people over with his incompetence including myself. Should be banned from A-league matches. At 1-0 up and with 11 men I was very confident in Iran seeing it through. 891201.jpg

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 The Iranian player also got a part to play in the sending off. Why did he have to stick out his leg and then over react when he was pushed? While the 2nd yellow maybe harsh but the player actions gave the ref an opportunity to produce a card.

The Iranian player also got a part to play in the sending off. Why did he have to stick out his leg and then over react when he was pushed? While the 2nd yellow maybe harsh but the player actions gave the ref an opportunity to produce a card.
The player didn't stick out his leg in a dangerous way. He just was late to take it away to niggle the goal keeper. Like what happens in every match all the time. Little psychological jabs between players. The referee saw the stupid overreaction by the Iranian on the ground and instead of (if he was normal) telling the two guys to get on with the match, he decided he needed to fire a card at someone but didn't know who. Only after he booked the player did he realise he was already on a yellow.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 26 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]South Korea v Iraq (09:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 27 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Australia v United Arab Emirates (09:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Tuesday 27th Jan 09.00 Australia v UAE My first thought is Australia look a good price against UAE. I saw UAE draw 1-1 with Japan, winning on penalties. After starting quietly, Japan dominated the game and were unlucky not to win I thought. UAE were mostly camped in their own half desperately defending in the second half. I think Australia should be too strong for them and are worth taking on the handicap - Australia -1.5 2.35 BetVictor Stake: 5 points

Tuesday 27th Jan 09.00 Australia v UAE My first thought is Australia look a good price against UAE. I saw UAE draw 1-1 with Japan, winning on penalties. After starting quietly, Japan dominated the game and were unlucky not to win I thought. UAE were mostly camped in their own half desperately defending in the second half. I think Australia should be too strong for them and are worth taking on the handicap - Australia -1.5 2.35 BetVictor Stake: 5 points
Plus the coach of Australia has made a point to start every match at full tilt (unlike Japan) so hopefully it's Australia who net first and in that case, the -1.5 stands every chance. Stupid Japan.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Monday 26th Jan 09.00 South Korea v Iraq Something tells me Iraq look well priced here. The countries have met once before in the Asian Cup, which was 0-0, and once in the Asian Games, which was 1-0 to Iraq. Korea won two home friendlies 3-0 and 2-1. Korea are higher ranked and tend to play higher standard opposition. Looking at teams BOTH sides have played in the last 12 months, these are the results for comparison: Korea 1 Oman 0 Iraq 0 Oman 0 Iraq 1 Oman 1 Korea 1 Kuwait 0 Iraq 0 Kuwait 0 Iraq 1 Kuwait 1 Korea 2 Uzbekistan 0 (after extra time) Iraq 0 Uzbekistan 1 Iraq 0 Uzbekistan 0 Korea 0 Iran 1 Iraq 0 Iran 1 Iraq 3 Iran 3 (after extra time) Korea 1 Jordan 0 Iraq 1 Jordan 0 (source: soccerway) Korea's results are noticeably better against the same opposition. But I think it is worth taking Iraq on the handicap here. Iraq +1AH 1.72 Marathon Stake: 3 points

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 South Korea have a much better team and almost all players have had the opportunity to play a part in this tournament, which proves their high quality diversity. Iraq will be handicapped because their best midfielder Y. Kasim (from Swindon) is suspended for this game. Also, Koreans have a great advantage in the character of a much more experienced coach, Uli Stielike from German, so I wouldnt have believed in the Lions of Mesopotamia at that price.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Yeah honestly I was just expectantly waiting for Iran to go 1 goal up based on the play of that match and they did. Then from there, Iran were looking very confident and more likely to make it 2-0 rather than let Iraq back in. But of course the red card changed the match from the referee who had already sparked major controversy in the tournament prior to that. Korea are yet another level above Iran so it doesn't get easier for Iraq here, unless they get more miracles go their way. Honestly their build up play and technical aspects are very basic and easy to defend. There's no dangerous player for them that makes you take note when they are on the ball. Their no.10 is the captain and tall striker. He has heavy feet and scuppers millions of attacking opportunies with bad decision making and worse finishing. Son from Leverkusen will be the gem on the field here and Iraq have the sort of defense that can really be sliced open a few times. Iraq only lost 0-1 to Japan, but if you saw that match Japan missed sitter after sitter and it was yet another miracle they managed to only concede once. The big take away is how easily Japan were able to get in behind. Almost at will. I will just keep it simple as I think SK to win would have 1.40 - 1.50 as a fair price. South Korea to win in 90 mins 1.70 @ BetVictor

Monday 26th Jan 09.00 South Korea v Iraq Something tells me Iraq look well priced here. The countries have met once before in the Asian Cup, which was 0-0, and once in the Asian Games, which was 1-0 to Iraq. Korea won two home friendlies 3-0 and 2-1. Korea are higher ranked and tend to play higher standard opposition. Looking at teams BOTH sides have played in the last 12 months, these are the results for comparison: Korea 1 Oman 0 Iraq 0 Oman 0 Iraq 1 Oman 1 Korea 1 Kuwait 0 Iraq 0 Kuwait 0 Iraq 1 Kuwait 1 Korea 2 Uzbekistan 0 (after extra time) Iraq 0 Uzbekistan 1 Iraq 0 Uzbekistan 0 Korea 0 Iran 1 Iraq 0 Iran 1 Iraq 3 Iran 3 (after extra time) Korea 1 Jordan 0 Iraq 1 Jordan 0 (source: soccerway) Korea's results are noticeably better against the same opposition. But I think it is worth taking Iraq on the handicap here. Iraq +1AH 1.72 Marathon Stake: 3 points
Result: South Korea 2 Iraq 0 Bet lost Stake: 3 points Return: nil Profit/loss = -3 points A deserved win for South Korea from what I saw.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 UAE held Japan to a 1-1 draw over 120 minutes, but as seen in the group stage matches, Japan is very wasteful in front of goal. Japan did not apply physical pressure, but relied on a lot of intricate passing which siuted UAE defensively. The Emiratis were put under intense physical pressure in the last 10 minutes of the match with Iran and succumbed to a 90 minute goal from a corner. Australia will put them under this sort of intense physical pressure for about 70 minutes of the match. UAE are a bit soft defensively and I think that they will have great trouble preventing the Socceroos from scoring a few goals. An interesting stat is that Tim Cahill has scored Australia's first goal in the last 8 out of 9 matches in which he has featured.

Re: AFC Asian Cup (Australia) 2015 Also it will be raining all day and into the night at Hunter Stadium. It is now 10.00 am in nearby Sydney and has been raining constantly for a few hours. This could severely hamper UAE's nice passing style and play into the hand of Australia who love a blood and guts contest and the physical confrontation of it. Important central defender Spiranovic returns from suspension and Jedinak had the China match to get the rust out and should be sharper in this one. As long as Jedinak and Milligan can bully Omar Abdul Raman out of being so influential on the ball, I fancy the good forward options of Australia to score against the UAE defenders who may struggle against power and strength.

Tuesday 27th Jan 09.00 Australia v UAE My first thought is Australia look a good price against UAE. I saw UAE draw 1-1 with Japan, winning on penalties. After starting quietly, Japan dominated the game and were unlucky not to win I thought. UAE were mostly camped in their own half desperately defending in the second half. I think Australia should be too strong for them and are worth taking on the handicap - Australia -1.5 2.35 BetVictor Stake: 5 points
Result: Australia 2 UAE 0 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 11.75 points Profit/loss = +6.75 points Well deserved win for Australia from what I saw.