** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v Atlético de Madrid (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]96.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th Juve looks here as a draw hunter. Thats my opinion. But i dont trust Juve. Good times for Italian soccer are gone for ever Atletico is near top form, they are again a very competitive to anyone, even more against Juve Atletico Madrid X2 DOUBLE CHANCE @ fabulus 1.70 offered by bet365 10 points free money

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th

Juve looks here as a draw hunter. Thats my opinion. But i dont trust Juve. Good times for Italian soccer are gone for ever Atletico is near top form, they are again a very competitive to anyone, even more against Juve Atletico Madrid X2 DOUBLE CHANCE @ fabulus 1.70 offered by bet365 10 points free money
Please don't post things like 'free money' it's misleading at best as I hope you can appreciate, although I don't disagree with your pick.

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th Juve is the boss when playing in Torino as it hasn't lost yet and only 3 teams managed to score there. Today they need to a win or tie in order to get through the next round. There is a lot of rumour about the draw today as it is convenient for both teams but the manager and the players have made it clear that the italian champions are going for the first place which means that they have to win with 2 or more goals. Atletico is already at the ''16'' stage so they can be a bit more relaxed today, but they must also be carefull in the defense in order to keep the first place. The only time they lost with more than one goal this season was from Valencia when they lost 3-1. ?Juventus to win @ 2.18 Marathonbet

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th I'm tempted enough to take a play on Atletico +0.5AH and DNB here. Juventus are a very good home side in the Italian league but you do wonder how much of this is down to the minnows being beaten mentally before they get off the bus. Their CL games have been less than impressive although it's only fair to point out that they did win both of them, Olympiakos and Malmo are hardly in the same league as Atletico however. Juventus have to win this by 2 to top the group and it looks a difficult task to me, Atletico love upsetting 'bigger' sides and beating Juve in their own stadium where they are virtually unbeatable will certainly appeal. Juve didn't manage a shot on target in the reverse fixture, but they will have to be more attacking in this game which will open the game up. Miranda is still missing but Juve have a few injuries of their own. This will certainly be a tactical battle with Juve likely to have more possession but Atletico are decent on the break and Juve will give them chances, if Atletico score I don't see Juve beating them as Atletico have continued to improve throughout the season and haven't conceded in the last 375 minutes of CL football. Juve just don't convince me in Europe their build up play can look slow and pedestrian, the wing backs aren't as effective as they are in the league and without Asamoah on the left they don't have the same threat - Evra/Padoin aren't in the same league. I wouldn't have Atletico at 4.2 against anyone. Atletico +0.5AH - 1.75 - bet365 - 7 Points Atletico 0AH - 2.75 - bet365 - 2 Points

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th Juventus is a great team they can go all the way and win Champions League. Seriously, they are that good. You can see how good their play is when they play vs serious opponents. So tonight they need a win with two goal difference and I'm absolutely sure that's what they'll get. I respect Atletico but playing in Italy vs motivated Juventus is a tough, really tough.

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th Grains of salt regarding Juventus performances: -lucky win against Olympiakos who is notoriously weaker on the road -scandalous win with the help of the referee against AS Roma -last minute goal in the Torino derby -draw against Fiorentina in EL last season -hardly beat Lyon in EL last season -draw against Benfica in EL Weak performances overall in Europe fixtures this year and past season. You really got to question the value of their domestic results and their ability to put Atletico defense off balance. Juventus has had troubles in the air and this is where Atletico shines. Every corner or free kick will be a major danger. Grains of salt regarding ATletico: -seems to have lost strength in defense (Courtois has gone), mostly on the road -Mandzukic is not Diego Costa in counter attacks

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th Low scoring game is highly likely here. Italian teams are known for grinding out results and Juve needs atleast a draw. Atletico won't give up that easy cause they surely want to hold the top spot in this group. Both teams like to keep things tight at the back and especially Atletico won't risk any injuries here. This game could really go either way but these big names normally cruise towards a draw if it's enough in the end. Juventus made a huge mistake last year against Galatasaray so they will be fired up here. 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 are likely scores for me. I've played the draw for some stakes and under 1.5 goals too!

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th It all depends on what Simeone is going to do tonight. Main difference between the two is that Atletico already qualified and Juve isn't. So what does that mean for Atletico? Are they going to rest players from the regular starting line-up? Is there any news on that already? There is a risk that they lose the first place position if Juve wins tonight. On the other hand, a team will always approach a match differently if they know they're already qualified.

It all depends on what Simeone is going to do tonight. Main difference between the two is that Atletico already qualified and Juve isn't. So what does that mean for Atletico? Are they going to rest players from the regular starting line-up? Is there any news on that already? There is a risk that they lose the first place position if Juve wins tonight. On the other hand' date=' a team will always approach a match differently if they know they're already qualified.[/quote'] You can trust Simeone to go for the win There is a big difference between ending 1st or 2nd in the group (though it shoud be said that if Juve wins 1-0 Atletico will remain leader) Last season, last game of the Atletico group they were sure to end 1st but sill beat FC Porto 2-0 at home when the Portuguese needed a point to advance. He will probably line up the best available players.

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th It is unlikely he will rest players, finishing first and finishing second makes a massive difference in the CL - 8 of 8 group winners went through to the next round last year, 6 of 8 the year before. Qualifying is obviously the main priority but if you want to go further finishing top is vital. Simeone didn't sound like he was going in with anything other than the first XI in his interview.

It is unlikely he will rest players' date=' finishing first and finishing second makes a massive difference in the CL - 8 of 8 group winners went through to the next round last year, 6 of 8 the year before. Qualifying is obviously the main priority but if you want to go further finishing top is vital. Simeone didn't sound like he was going in with anything other than the first XI in his interview.[/quote'] It's a big game for them, leading the group is not an "option", it's nearly an obligation. As always they will "let their skin on the field" (translate from french haha) Juventus will probably fear exposing to counter attacks, knowing that a loss could lead to another drama.

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th Juve's character(istics) have been summed up well. scandalous. luck etc were some of the words. Simeone and the colchoneros are relentless and a win in Torino could be a huuuge shot in their arm in terms of overall confidence and momentum. They don't need to win. They have a fantastic repertoire to rely on to get on the scoresheet. Overall, Juve look too lightweight to shutout Atletico here. best bet maybe - Juve no clean sheet or atletico to score @ 1.66

Re: Juventus v Atlético de Madrid > Tuesday December 9th Juventus couldn't put Atletico into real trouble. Some mid-distance strike in early 2nd period then, as expected, Juventus had no will to expose themselves to counter attacks and played passing game between their 4 defensors I'll fade the italian squad in 1/8th for sure

I'm tempted enough to take a play on Atletico +0.5AH and DNB here. Juventus are a very good home side in the Italian league but you do wonder how much of this is down to the minnows being beaten mentally before they get off the bus. Their CL games have been less than impressive although it's only fair to point out that they did win both of them, Olympiakos and Malmo are hardly in the same league as Atletico however. Juventus have to win this by 2 to top the group and it looks a difficult task to me, Atletico love upsetting 'bigger' sides and beating Juve in their own stadium where they are virtually unbeatable will certainly appeal. Juve didn't manage a shot on target in the reverse fixture, but they will have to be more attacking in this game which will open the game up. Miranda is still missing but Juve have a few injuries of their own. This will certainly be a tactical battle with Juve likely to have more possession but Atletico are decent on the break and Juve will give them chances, if Atletico score I don't see Juve beating them as Atletico have continued to improve throughout the season and haven't conceded in the last 375 minutes of CL football. Juve just don't convince me in Europe their build up play can look slow and pedestrian, the wing backs aren't as effective as they are in the league and without Asamoah on the left they don't have the same threat - Evra/Padoin aren't in the same league. I wouldn't have Atletico at 4.2 against anyone. Atletico +0.5AH - 1.75 - bet365 - 7 Points WIN Atletico 0AH - 2.75 - bet365 - 2 Points PUSH
First half was pretty good, second half Atletico just sat back as Juve didn't have enough guile to get through them..feared the worst at ko as the above bet was 1.925 on bet365.