Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 31 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Schalke 04 v FC Augsburg (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 1 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]1. FSV Mainz 05 v Werder Bremen (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hamburger SV v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hannover 96 v Eintracht Frankfurt (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfB Stuttgart v VfL Wolfsburg (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v Borussia Dortmund (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 2 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Mönchengladbach v 1899 Hoffenheim (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]1. FC Köln v SC Freiburg (16:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SC Paderborn 07 v Hertha BSC (16:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd Hamburg v Leverkusen. Hamburg have the lowest number of goals scored (just 3 goals in 9 games) of any team in major European football leagues. They have not won in 6 home games, and have not scored more than 1 goal in a home game in these 6 games. Leverkusen are decent. They blew a 3-0 lead last game out against Stuttgart, but have scored in 8/9 games this season. In a game with a limited Hamburg goal threat, and a strong probability of Leverkusen scoring the away win at odds of 2.05 looks decent. 4 Units for me here for the away win at odds of 2.05 stanjames

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd I have to admit Leverkusen have looked highly impressive this season. If only the could iron out their penchant for gifting goals to the opposition... Relentless in attack, but they will always concede goals.

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd My banker for the week is tonights game with Schalke and Augsburg. Schalke had a slow start to the season but are finding their feet. Had a decent Champions league draw with Chelsea, so they have quality. They have won the last 3 of this fixture against Augsburg 4-1 3-1 3-1 In those three games they won HT/FT as well. Schalke have scored 2 goals in 3 of 4 home games, winning 3 of 4. 2 games have been against Bayern Munich and Dortmund, drawing 1 and winning 1 . Augsburg have lost 4/5 away games this season. They have scored just 2 goals on the road. They have no 1st half goals. For me the home win here at odds of 1.91 is a gift. I will go a max 6 units here. HT/FT Schalke at odds of 3 paddypower is also worth 2 units for me.

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd I'm on Schalke as well tonight, took them at 1.975 yesterday. Looks a decent price to me in the circumstances, Schalke's injury problems have eased and Di Matteo has had another week to work with them after getting knocked out of the Pokal early. Their defence looked better last weekend and they will always score goals at home.

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd i can see some surprises in bundesliga this week. schalke v augsburg i think even though schalke brought in new coach di matteo they still can't shake off their defensive vulnerabilities. there has been some improvement from the team overall but they still look like conceding goals although their attack is decent but augsburg are more balanced team in attack and much better defensively. i think schalke would be lucky to win so i think draw holds some value mainz v werder bremen although obviously mainz is favorite and are still undefeated at home this season but their good form seem to have stalled last week when they lost to wolfsburg without scoring a goal despite having more rest and time off. werder bremen have replaced manager and signs of improvement were noticed on tuesday when they got their first win of the season in the cup. the coach has immediately had positive effect on the team and we could see werder bremen with new vigor and solidity in their play so i think away win is good bet stuttgart v wolfsburg stuttgart have been pretty bad throughout the season mainly due to not scoring enough goals and keeping onto leads but they finally broke their bad season form with an astonishing 4-5 last week which was a first away result since november last year. they have found now a way of scoring goals and will be tough opponent against wolfsburg who are in excellent form themselves but will be difficult match against reinvigorated stuttgart who will look to build on that result. home win hannover v eintracht frankfurt both of them have been mediocre so far but can play match better. neither have had a run of results go their way recently so i think both will be very keen on putting a good performance and not getting beaten. obviously they will both have to be without some key men but because neither seems capable of winning a match at the moment i feel a draw is a good call. bayern v munich there is not much to say about bayern munich. they have a lot of strength and ability especially now that ribery and robben have returned they look menacing going forward but its foolish to think its going to be easy against dortmund who have lost unbelievably six games already especially against easier sides. i think they played very good football and were were unlucky to not pick up some points. i think this match will suit them as bayern likes to attack instead of teams they faced who defended deep and punished them on the counters. i think this match can play out a draw

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd Schalke vs Augsburg – win for Schalke @ 1.93 Marathonbet Schalke didn’t deliver good performances with Roberto Di Matteo on the bench, but managed to win against Hertha and Sporting CP. It can be said that these wins were unfair, considering that the opponents had more chances and played better. But Schalke won and gained psychology for the next fixtures. Hosts are coming from the away defeat to Leverkusen (1-0), a fair result, that maybe it’s small for the winning team. Augsburg on the other side is a solid team, with many good players and high morale. They change their performance depending where they play (home or away), they are coming from a home win against Freiburg. Visitors have poor away results (4 defeats on 5 games), I expect them to lose tonight.

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd I've taken an alternative approach to tonights match, I like the look of Over 4.5 Cards at evens. 67% of Schalkes matches have gone over this line with 78% of Augburgs. Schalke have collected aleast 3 cards in 50% of their home fixtures whilst Augsburg are racking up atleast 2 cards per away match this season. Recommended Bet Over 4.5 Cards in Schalke v Augsburg @ 1/1 with Bet365

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd Bayern v Dortmund This is the Bundesliga's equivalent of Real Madrid v Barcelona. Bearing in mind Dortmund's good record against Bayern I am happy to oppose the home side here. These games are always hard fought, and the recent needle between the sides won't do anything to lessen that. Both sides have Champions League games next week, but as both lead their groups they will be free to concentrate on this game. Dortmund or Draw 2.8 Bet365 Stake: 3 points

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd

My banker for the week is tonights game with Schalke and Augsburg. Schalke had a slow start to the season but are finding their feet. Had a decent Champions league draw with Chelsea, so they have quality. They have won the last 3 of this fixture against Augsburg 4-1 3-1 3-1 In those three games they won HT/FT as well. Schalke have scored 2 goals in 3 of 4 home games, winning 3 of 4. 2 games have been against Bayern Munich and Dortmund, drawing 1 and winning 1 . Augsburg have lost 4/5 away games this season. They have scored just 2 goals on the road. They have no 1st half goals. For me the home win here at odds of 1.91 is a gift. I will go a max 6 units here. HT/FT Schalke at odds of 3 paddypower is also worth 2 units for me.
Huge win for me so excellent start to weekend:ok

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd Any thoughts about Leverkusen away in Hamburg? The home side is the worst goal scoring team in the 5 traditional top leagues in Europe and Leverkusen is preparing for a CL encounter with Zenit. Will they gather steam and confidence or will they rest their players a little? 1,98 is a good price on a goal scoring machine like Bayer 04, it seems

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd VfB Stuttgart vs. VfL Wolfsburg Rational Football Bet of the Week: VfL Wolfsburg DNB (0) @ 1.86 (minimum price 1.81) Current form based on past games Stuttgart: Stuttgart keeps their rollercoaster performances. Their recent comeback against Leverkusen from 0:3 to 3:3 followed a 4:5 away win with several lead changes. It is obvious that we cannot talk about stability when we talk about Stuttgart, but they certainly improved football wise and are capable of creating chances unlike at the start of the season. Wolfsburg: Wolfsburg with an amazing five out of five wins runs in their last five games. After a slow start the team surely got things running is and is in red hot form.

• Expected line up and alternative options
Stuttgart: Kirschbaum - Klein (Schwaab) - Schwaab (Niedermeier) - Rüdiger- Sakai (Klein) - Romeu - Gentner - Maxim - Sararer (Werner) - Kostic - Harnik Rüdiger might get back into the team as Armin Veh indicated in the press conference. Sararer, who was training in the second team, received a chance last week and performed pretty well. Veh stated that he has all the talent to play Bundesliga, but that talent only is not enough. The player reacted well in the second team and also used his first chance in Bundesliga in a good way. A lot speaks for him to start again, with youngster Werner being a good alternative. Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Jung - Naldo - Knoche - Schäfer - Guilavogui (Malanda) - Gustavo - de Bruyne - Perisic (Arnold) - Caliguiri (Vierinha) - Olic (Bas Dost) Wolfsburg is likely to bring back Jung on the right back position after Vierinha has covered the position in the last round in an offensive interpretation. In midfield Guilavogui might be rested due to small problems. Malanda could not fully impress recently, but is still the first name to replace Guilavogui here. In offense rotations are possible due to the intense schedule. Caliguiri and Perisic have to be rated better than Vierinha and Arnold here, so that a possible rotation could weaken the side a bit. Olic was rested in the Cup and is likely to start here.
  • Tactic and game plans of both teams

Stuttgart: Stuttgart Coach Veh made a couple of changes that show first positive signs. The formation is changing steadily from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 type of formation which in offense is very flexible due to versatile players being lined up. The team is trying to create chances mostly from the wings (two goals against Leverkusen by headers) and set pieces (one goal against Leverkusen from a corner). After a starting period where Stuttgart had clear footballing problems they now play way more offensive minded and create regular goal chances. The team has a quick offensive midfield which gets support by the full backs and the center midfielders. Especially Gentner tends to support the wings. The injury of Ibisevic allowed Harnik to play in attack which we believe is much better than fielding him on right midfield. He is a clear instinct player with rather weak dribbling abilities, but a good finishing no matter with what part of his body. Wolfsburg: Like most teams that operate in a 4-2-3-1 with two defensive midfielders, Wolfsburg is looking to get support from the full back positions to create goal chances over the wings. The team likes to have ball possession and focus on the wings to get into a lot of 1 on 1 situation. They improved recently in creating more chances in the game especially because of players like Perisic coming back and gaining form. Key players like de Bruyne and good options like Caliguiri also increased form to get danger on all three offensive midfield positions. This makes the team less predictable going forward which straight away helped the team to create more chances, score goals and win games.

• Chances and risks of the individual tactics used against the respectively opponent
In this game two teams are facing each other with the same formation 4-2-3-1. Stuttgart is interpreting the formation quick offensive recently. They hold five offensive minded players in offense and with the support of the fullbacks they are thinking offensive with up to seven players at some stage. Wolfsburg has a similar balance with five offensive minded players, while the 5th guy (usually center midfield) is Gustavo and can certainly also play defensive minded first which allows us to say that Wolfsburg is a little more defensive minded first than Stuttgart. This is also highlighted in the goals conceded by both teams in the last rounds. Individually Wolfsburg has more quality, but we expect another crazy game where Stuttgart will try to push Wolfsburg hard and line up their defense high up the pitch to disturb Wolfsburg early on. Wolfsburg had can surely be troubled when a lot of pressure is applied on them. At the same time they hold big qualities going forward as well. Overall we expect an open game in which Stuttgart certainly looks offensive minded recently, while Wolfsburg will look to play a bit more balanced but also go forward dangerously with their big individual quality.
  • Influence of past or upcoming midweek games

Stuttgart: There is no influence expected to Stuttgart as the team did not participate in the midweek Cup round. Wolfsburg: Wolfsburg participated in German DFB Cup on Wednesday. Rotations are possible.

• Weather and Pitch Conditions
Around 19 degrees expected in Stuttgart with no rain risk and no wind. The pitch is in good condition.
  • General Club/Coach Situation

Stuttgart: Average atmosphere within the club which was again indicated by Veh during the press conference. He was asked if he is part of the decision making for the new sportive manager. He said that he thinks it would be a good idea to ask him which in other words means nothing else than he was not asked so far. The club is still searching for harmony on the management levels. We believe this will not affect the team, but the general club situation short to middle term. It is important that the club finds a philosophy on this position which also suits the Coach. Wolfsburg: Excellent atmosphere in Wolfsburg. With the recent results confidence in the team and the coaching squad is very high.

Re: Bundesliga > October 31st - November 2nd

Bayern v Dortmund This is the Bundesliga's equivalent of Real Madrid v Barcelona. Bearing in mind Dortmund's good record against Bayern I am happy to oppose the home side here. These games are always hard fought, and the recent needle between the sides won't do anything to lessen that. Both sides have Champions League games next week, but as both lead their groups they will be free to concentrate on this game. Dortmund or Draw 2.8 Bet365 Stake: 3 points
Result: Bayern 2 Dortmund 1 Bet lost Stake: 3 points Return: nil