** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014'

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' 12:45 Clairefontaine: GOLDEN HERITAGE @ 6/1 Bet365 Placed twice and once successful in four career starts, André Fabre's GOLDEN HERITAGE (4) has the beating of Charm Spirit (recent winner in the Prix Jean Prat - Group 1 at Chantilly) on debut and is taken to land the spoils at the main expense of Summer Moon (1) earlier on the card at Clairefontaine (France) today, with Miss Amélie Foulon in the saddle taking a useful 6lb off.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' caledonia 7/2 william hill 16.40 thirsk caledonia has ran in class 1 and 2 contests in the past with mixed results,caledonia won last time out in a class 4 contest so this class 5 contest shouldnt be much of a problem,i think the only thing against caledonia is the time since last run and a slight doubt about its ability on this ground,its last win was on soft,but at 7/2 in a 5 horse race gets my vote

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014'

caledonia 7/2 william hill 16.40 thirsk caledonia has ran in class 1 and 2 contests in the past with mixed results,caledonia won last time out in a class 4 contest so this class 5 contest shouldnt be much of a problem,i think the only thing against caledonia is the time since last run and a slight doubt about its ability on this ground,its last win was on soft,but at 7/2 in a 5 horse race gets my vote
1 point win on the above please

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' 3.05 goodwood Belgian bill @ 10/1 Boyle 1pt win backed this one all season and it's been unlucky in running.... Off the same mark as last run, has won over the distance and off a higher mark. I'm convinced it's ready to strike. Bf last time out and 10/1 is about right. Baker is the ideal pilot for this tricky ride...

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' 4.50 - Goodwood J Wonder - Win - 6/1 @BetFred Ended up fading in it's last two runs, which were at 1m. Should perform alot better at this shorter 7f distance today, which she has won on before (in April).

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' 3:05 Goodwood - Pastoral Player (28/1 BetVictor) 1pt Win A difficult horse to catch right but talented on his day, his run when midfield behind Louis The Pious in the Buckingham Palace Stakes is possibly better form than it looks on the face of it as he raced on the far side and the subsequent performances of many of the horses from that far side group have been very good (e.g. Table Rock, First Flight, American Hope, Madeed). He looks potentially very well weighted on his best form with the young apprentice taking off a handly 7lbs, the jockey has had four rides in public and won twice (both wins for Hughie Morrison).

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' Two For Two 3.05pm Goodwood 33-1 Betvictor 0.5pt EW Overall career form is patchy but this horse didn't join David O'Meara until 2013 and he has a knack of improving horses. This horse won over 1m on good to firm ground at Ayr in a class 2 handicap but in a small field. The bigger field today might suit as he's likely to get a decent pace for a late finishing kick and in Danny Tudhope he has one of the best, improving jockeys in the country. The run last time out was over 10f and that is too far, ignore that effort. 33-1 looks a little too big and is well worthy of each way interest as bookies are paying 4 places.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' 3.40 bangor - red merlin - win at 6/4 bog wm hill formerly a classy hurdler who had a couple of years off after winning te 'Swinton' at Haydock Came back a few weeks ago to run 2nd in a decent race and generally has run in better races than all his rivals Could come on for that run after lengthy absence and had 5 weeks to recover AP McCoy up

3.40 bangor - red merlin - win at 6/4 bog wm hill formerly a classy hurdler who had a couple of years off after winning te 'Swinton' at Haydock Came back a few weeks ago to run 2nd in a decent race and generally has run in better races than all his rivals Could come on for that run after lengthy absence and had 5 weeks to recover AP McCoy up
that's the 3.50 !.......

3.05 goodwood Belgian bill @ 10/1 Boyle 1pt win backed this one all season and it's been unlucky in running.... Off the same mark as last run, has won over the distance and off a higher mark. I'm convinced it's ready to strike. Bf last time out and 10/1 is about right. Baker is the ideal pilot for this tricky ride...
If this horse doesn't win a big hcap over 1m this season off this mark and class I will stick my balls in the oven......

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday '1st Aug 2014' 5.35 Bangor - Makellys Blackpool 1pt win @ 11/8 Corals BOG My selection has the best form here, won easily by 3l last time out at Cartmel. Carries an extra 10lb here as Harry Challoner has no 3lb claim but doesn't have much to beat imo.

3.05 Good Red Avenger win 14/1 paddy power 2nd in the Gordon stakes h/cap off a lb lower than it races on only course run last year and seems to like these quirky tracks having ran well at Epsom when 3rd not so long ago , first time blinkers applied.
?Great Stuff fella, ran a cracker.

Just got a little bit tired last time out here at HQ but did travel oh so well, the 5yr year old gelding was taking on the mile last time out but is dropped back down in trip to the 7f. He fell out the stalls half a sleep back on the 18th July here at HQ and still bolted up, if his run 7 days ago hasn't took much out him he should once again travel up strongly and be the shake up. Jockey D.Cook gets on well with him and gets the leg up again, he only has the two rides but the selection must be his best chance of taking home wages. Track - Trip - Going all suit. HQ 7:30 - Athletic - 1pt Win Bet @ 3/1 Bet365 ''BOG''
Hand in your licence Danny, that was shocking!!!