** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Friday 30th May

Newmarket 3.40 - Hillbilly Boy (1pts win, 7/2 BetVictor) Comes here in top form having won three of his last six also has not been out of the first three in his last 7 outings. Those last two runs have come over 6f but I feel he's a better horse at 7f and gets that trip today he's won three of his last 4 over this distance and has to surely come into calculations today given the form he's in.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 4:15 Newmarket - Top Tug ?(7/1 Paddy Power) 1pt Win Not got a lot of time so need to be brief, but I really like the chances of the Stoute trained Top Tug in what looks like a very hot handicap at Newmarket tomorrow. My selection was a shade disappointing on his first start of the season but I think some of his form as a two year old makes him very interesting off a mark of 84. He looked quite green when winning his second career start in a poly track maiden and the horse he beat into second was Toast Of New York, who looks to be a classy individual judging by his demolition job in the Group 2 UAE Derby in Dubai. He then finished second in a nursery to Extra Noble who has been progressive without winning this year and a there have been a couple of the horses behind in that race come out and win since. I think his first run of the year can be overlooked for whatever reason and there are not many of Stoute's that are better at 2 than 3, I think this one could be a decent horse and he should be going very close off this mark and even though it is a hot race I am confident of a big run.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 6.05 NEWCASTLE (Class 5 - 5f Handicap) ADIATOR @3/1 (Bet365 #BOG) May might be a good month for tipping since it has almost always been profitable in the past years but not this time. Let's try to cut the deficit at least. Little class 5 race, closer of the day at Newcastle, and that's why I'm opposing the solid fav here. Harrogate Fair crushed the field away lto but that effort was on really heavy ground so this confidence isn't completely justified imo. Current second fav Adiator is looking for an hat-trick in her just 9th start on the flat (despite she's a 6yo). After having broke the maiden tag in her last race of 2013 she doubled up 10 days ago over same C&D by a neck. She'll be 6lbs higher than lto and this could be considered a too much hard penalty considering that winning margin but this one will be only her second appearance over 5f and there's the chance she's still not completely exposed and maybe slightly ahead the handicapper, especially because she looks progressing despite the age. Adam Carter is a very promising young rider who'll take 5lbs off and it's hard to negate the form of Bycroft stable lately considering the double they got in Beverley last Saturday despite being a small yard. No standout in the small field of only 6 runners and 3/1 is a really solid price.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 750 Stratford: Oscar Prairie 4/1 bet365/Skybet Not the most inspiring days racing I've ever seen on a Friday and I've plumped for a tricky little handicap at Stratford over an unusual trip of 3m3f to look at. Monetary Fund jumps out at first, he's dropped down the weights and is well handicapped nowadays but i was surprised to see he has only won 3 times in 34 hurdle races and is on a losing run of 15 at the minute. He has had similar opportunities lately and i'm not sure if this is his ideal bag, maybe wait until he goes back to Musselburgh on slightly better ground? Shammick Boy won't mind the soft ground but has to prove he stays while Qulinton is interesting off this mark now back hurdling and will pop in one day during the summer but i'm not sure it will be here in this ground. Scottsbrooke Cloud normally needs a run or two despite the booking of AP. Oscar Prairie is the pick by process of elimination more than anything, he stays forever, goes in the ground and has Gavin Sheehan on top today replacing the amateur who has been in the plate lately. He made late headway last time when it was all over and the smaller field and better pilot will see him in much better light here and looks sure to run his usual game race which could be good enough.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May Down Royal 8:30 I had a few quid on Strait Of Zanzibar here who looks a bit overpriced to me. His optimum trip is 7 furlongs in my opinion so we should see him to best effect dropping back down in trip. At this trip, this is the lowest mark he has ever run off (74). He finished a close enough 3rd behind Bronte at Tipperary off a mark of 85 this time last year so he is now 11 pounds lower this time round, he is off a nice handicap to strike. He was placed a couple of times on the all-weather at Dundalk earlier this year so he has been kept fit and he had his turf opener at the Curragh earlier this month. Cheekpieces go back on tonight and I think he can run a big race. Strait Of Zanzibar WIN @ 16/1 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May Bri 2.20 - Spreadable - win at 8/1 bog bet365 Immediate prospects for this horse don't look great as he has been beaten over 20 lengths all 4 times he's run on turf.......however 3 of those were his first 3 outings in Newmarket maidens and the fourth was a recent run in a Class 2 handicap at Sandown where he was out of his depth Back in class 5 today and following a decent run in a better race at Wolves, I think he might have a chance Improved quite a lot on the all weather over the winter and stays further than todays trip so should be running to the line if the soft ground begins to tell on the others It's a speculative one as he's never run on soft and never run on a quirky undulating track but much the same applies to the others

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May LLOYDS BANK COMMERCIAL SUPPORTING YOUR BUSINESS HANDICAP (Bobis Race) (CLASS 3) (3yo 0-95) Barye @ 13/2 William Hill Pulled away really well lto at Lingfield. I rate this horse much higher than his current OR of 76. Carries bottom weight and is 1st 5lbs lighter than favourite Cloudscape. Seems like there's loads of improvement available and should have a very good chance. Managed to make up a few lengths after being impeded lot and get up on the line. Also very lightly raced so further backs up my impression that the handicapper has got this one wrong.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 5.00 Newcastle - Gee Sharp ew 16/1 bet365 Hoping this can hit the right notes (pun intended) and run well. Has the application of first time blinkers which Camacho has about 20% s/r when first applied. Last seen over 1m2 btn 10L but drops back to a mile which will suit better , best run so far was a 3rd in h/cap at wolves , keeping on finishing 2L behind over 7 , off 57 so could be better off 55 , same mark as lto. Could improve with blinkers and 3rd turf start. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May Haydock 7.30 Bond Fastrac win 10/3 bet365 I risked it today with this nap because after this month I could have gone for a nice short priced favourite but I stick by what I do & this horse I saw as my best bet of day & best chance of winning today I dont know if anyone has noticed but Bond Fastrac ran against some of these last time & is worse off at the weights today Last time Rusty Rocket carrying 8-11 beat Bond Fastrac carrying 8-2 about two & half lengths Today Rusty Rocket is carrying 9-2 & Bond Fastrac is carrying 9-0 Now anyone can see that Bond Fastrac is 7lb worse off today & on paper Rusty Rocket should beat Bond Fastrac easy. But you have to look into that race more & going into that race Bond Fastrac had the better form but was coming back from 518 days off Also the jockey that day was Natasha Eaton who I think was under orders to see what the horse had without over exerting the horse She sat at the back before making nice headway then eased up The horse was given a run out that day & I for one was impressed & judging by the money for the horse today so were other people as Bond Fastrac is as low as 10/3 now Today the trainer G. Oldroyd has Robert Tart on today who is a good claimer who has a good record for mr Oldroyd In the last 12 months Robert Tart has ridden 22 times for this trainer winning 7 & placing 4 times which is a healthy record Robert Tart also has a good record at Haydock which is about his top track with one win from two rides this year & an all time record of three wins from eleven rides

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 8.00 Haydock - L'importante win @ 11/2 BetVictor I think this one looks to have a good chance of beating the favourite here. He has looked green so far in his two runs but has since been gelded and now wears a hood for the first time which should correct the greenness. He ran a good second last time out and looks to be suited to the trip as he stayed on well to claim second despite being wide throughout and cornering fairly wide. I also think his 6th on his first appearence looks good. That race featured a lot of winners and L'importante finished in front of a few that have won on marks ranging from the mid 80s to the mid 100s which suggests that L'importante should have a win in him if he can run up to that level. If he can I think he can win. The favourite is an obvious threat but I'm hoping he doesn't go well after a break. I also don't think the race that outlawed ran in was that strong and it has only produced 1 winner so he could be vulnerable.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 1825 down royal 0.5 ew protaras 11/1 billy hills 7 year old gelding reverts to hurdles and he could be low enough to get a place at least in a race of this nature(has had a mark of 129 in chase)trainer meade has a 15% strike rate at this track, and when he teams up with jockey carberry they have a 13% strike rate

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May go go green 7.30 haydock takes my eye today. despite not being a prolific winner by any means, and not having won in this class, i just cannot ignore the horse off current mark and with an extra 5lb off for the jockey claim. soft ground suits and on best form can get involved in the finish of this, so at a fair price i feel a big run could be on the cards. 1 point win 9/1 bet victor bog

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 19.30 Haydock: Arctic Feeling, 12/1 BetVictor, e/w Arctic Feeling's last win came back in October at Pontefract over 5f on heavy ground. He followed that up with a placed effort in class 2 company at Wolverhampton. He hasn't shown much since but he has been slipping down the weights and is now nine pounds below that placed effort. He is fitted with blinkers for the first time which could spark a revival in form today. The ground and trip will suit.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May 2 winners so far; Santos 7/2 Calculus 7/1 :clap Lots still to run;

750 Stratford: Oscar Prairie 4/1 bet365/Skybet Not the most inspiring days racing I've ever seen on a Friday and I've plumped for a tricky little handicap at Stratford over an unusual trip of 3m3f to look at. Monetary Fund jumps out at first, he's dropped down the weights and is well handicapped nowadays but i was surprised to see he has only won 3 times in 34 hurdle races and is on a losing run of 15 at the minute. He has had similar opportunities lately and i'm not sure if this is his ideal bag, maybe wait until he goes back to Musselburgh on slightly better ground? Shammick Boy won't mind the soft ground but has to prove he stays while Qulinton is interesting off this mark now back hurdling and will pop in one day during the summer but i'm not sure it will be here in this ground. Scottsbrooke Cloud normally needs a run or two despite the booking of AP. Oscar Prairie is the pick by process of elimination more than anything, he stays forever, goes in the ground and has Gavin Sheehan on top today replacing the amateur who has been in the plate lately. He made late headway last time when it was all over and the smaller field and better pilot will see him in much better light here and looks sure to run his usual game race which could be good enough.
Down Royal 8:30 I had a few quid on Strait Of Zanzibar here who looks a bit overpriced to me. His optimum trip is 7 furlongs in my opinion so we should see him to best effect dropping back down in trip. At this trip, this is the lowest mark he has ever run off (74). He finished a close enough 3rd behind Bronte at Tipperary off a mark of 85 this time last year so he is now 11 pounds lower this time round, he is off a nice handicap to strike. He was placed a couple of times on the all-weather at Dundalk earlier this year so he has been kept fit and he had his turf opener at the Curragh earlier this month. Cheekpieces go back on tonight and I think he can run a big race. Strait Of Zanzibar WIN @ 16/1 Bet Victor
Haydock 7.30 Bond Fastrac win 10/3 bet365 I risked it today with this nap because after this month I could have gone for a nice short priced favourite but I stick by what I do & this horse I saw as my best bet of day & best chance of winning today I dont know if anyone has noticed but Bond Fastrac ran against some of these last time & is worse off at the weights today Last time Rusty Rocket carrying 8-11 beat Bond Fastrac carrying 8-2 about two & half lengths Today Rusty Rocket is carrying 9-2 & Bond Fastrac is carrying 9-0 Now anyone can see that Bond Fastrac is 7lb worse off today & on paper Rusty Rocket should beat Bond Fastrac easy. But you have to look into that race more & going into that race Bond Fastrac had the better form but was coming back from 518 days off Also the jockey that day was Natasha Eaton who I think was under orders to see what the horse had without over exerting the horse She sat at the back before making nice headway then eased up The horse was given a run out that day & I for one was impressed & judging by the money for the horse today so were other people as Bond Fastrac is as low as 10/3 now Today the trainer G. Oldroyd has Robert Tart on today who is a good claimer who has a good record for mr Oldroyd In the last 12 months Robert Tart has ridden 22 times for this trainer winning 7 & placing 4 times which is a healthy record Robert Tart also has a good record at Haydock which is about his top track with one win from two rides this year & an all time record of three wins from eleven rides
8.00 Haydock - L'importante win @ 11/2 BetVictor I think this one looks to have a good chance of beating the favourite here. He has looked green so far in his two runs but has since been gelded and now wears a hood for the first time which should correct the greenness. He ran a good second last time out and looks to be suited to the trip as he stayed on well to claim second despite being wide throughout and cornering fairly wide. I also think his 6th on his first appearence looks good. That race featured a lot of winners and L'importante finished in front of a few that have won on marks ranging from the mid 80s to the mid 100s which suggests that L'importante should have a win in him if he can run up to that level. If he can I think he can win. The favourite is an obvious threat but I'm hoping he doesn't go well after a break. I also don't think the race that outlawed ran in was that strong and it has only produced 1 winner so he could be vulnerable.
go go green 7.30 haydock takes my eye today. despite not being a prolific winner by any means, and not having won in this class, i just cannot ignore the horse off current mark and with an extra 5lb off for the jockey claim. soft ground suits and on best form can get involved in the finish of this, so at a fair price i feel a big run could be on the cards. 1 point win 9/1 bet victor bog
19.30 Haydock: Arctic Feeling' date= 12/1 BetVictor, e/w Arctic Feeling's last win came back in October at Pontefract over 5f on heavy ground. He followed that up with a placed effort in class 2 company at Wolverhampton. He hasn't shown much since but he has been slipping down the weights and is now nine pounds below that placed effort. He is fitted with blinkers for the first time which could spark a revival in form today. The ground and trip will suit.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May

Down Royal 8:30 I had a few quid on Strait Of Zanzibar here who looks a bit overpriced to me. His optimum trip is 7 furlongs in my opinion so we should see him to best effect dropping back down in trip. At this trip, this is the lowest mark he has ever run off (74). He finished a close enough 3rd behind Bronte at Tipperary off a mark of 85 this time last year so he is now 11 pounds lower this time round, he is off a nice handicap to strike. He was placed a couple of times on the all-weather at Dundalk earlier this year so he has been kept fit and he had his turf opener at the Curragh earlier this month. Cheekpieces go back on tonight and I think he can run a big race. Strait Of Zanzibar WIN @ 16/1 Bet Victor
Great tip aidymac, thanks! quick question, I backed it successfully in a treble and the bookies have applied a 40p rule 4 as opposed to the 18p it says on the sporting life website. Are rule 4 deductions higher if part of a multiple bet?

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May

Great tip aidymac' date=' thanks! quick question, I backed it successfully in a treble and the bookies have applied a 40p rule 4 as opposed to the 18p it says on the sporting life website. Are rule 4 deductions higher if part of a multiple bet?[/quote'] Hi Dan, what time did you place the bet at and I'll check it out.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th May Rule 4 deductions Win - 35p reductions on bets placed between 00:00:01 and 12:04:17 Win - 40p reductions on bets placed between 12:04:18 and 17:22:46 Win - 35p reductions on bets placed between 17:22:47 and 20:36:57 Win - 20p reductions on bets placed between 20:36:58 and 20:37:06 Win - 10p reductions on bets placed between 20:37:07 and 20:37:17 Win - 35p reductions on bets placed between 00:00:01 and 20:41:13