Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v FC Bayern München (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Well ahead of this huge task awaiting Man Utd, Moyes has to ask himself some serious questions... 1912097_806214889407145_1060403760_n.jpg I will spend the next few days trying to workout how Bayern are decent odds vs a team who Liverpool and City (who both aren't at the level of Bayern) both comfortably accounted for at Old Trafford.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Think Aidy is right but then it's easy for me to say as I got on at the best price possible! :lol I got a fair wedge on too, as noted in the other thread, with 32red and coral before the prices were cut, it's difficult to top up when the line for -1.0AH will probably be the same as I got for the straight win previously. The -1.5AH handicap win is certainly appealing, Bayern can focus fully on the game following their title win last night, they have been rotating reasonably heavily lately and most players are pretty fresh. Dante is suspended for the game so Pep has been playing Martinez in defence for a few games recently alongside Boateng so they can get a bit of understanding going, I'm not convinced by Martinez in the back line but it is difficult to fully evaluate when the sides they are facing have about 25% possession. I don't think Muller will start he is in poor form, not good enough to get in the midfield and not enough of a goal threat in the big games to start ahead of Mandzukic. Expect the following line-up - Neuer; Rafinha/Lahm, Martinez, Boateng, Alaba; Lahm/Schwein; Ribery, Kroos, Thiago, Robben; Mandzukic. United obviously have massive problems all over the pitch currently with RVP out, Christ knows how many centre backs are missing, Evra suspended, Mata ineligible, can they risk Buttner in this game? Will be even play Smalling left back if he is fit? I hope Fellani starts as the game as it will simply pass him by but I can't imagine Moyes will take the risk as he appears to be a total liability when teams play it on the floor against them. Moyes will probably be terrified enough by now and should pack the midfield, I wouldn't like to guess what line-up Moyes will go with as they have been difficult enough to predict lately. It seems laughable now but I had a antepost bet on United for the EPL at the start of the season when Moyes was first appointed and I've been regretting it since he sacked the entire backroom staff, I think this was the biggest mistake he could have made, but to be honest we could fill 8 pages with the various mistakes he has made since being appointed. When landslide victories are predicted they rarely come to pass in games like this but it is difficult to see United coming away with anything other than a defeat, Bayern are just so much stronger all over the park. Regardless of the result I can't see any basis - form, players, tactical approach, manager - to favour United, Bayern are stronger away than at home so I would prefer to back them here as United will have to attack a little bit whereas they can happily stick 11 behind the ball in the Allianz. United are capable of scoring on the break as Bayern can be venerable to this but they usually play more cautiously in the CL so I wouldn't think they will play quite as far up the pitch as they do in the Bundesliga, Arsenal showed in the opening of the first game against Bayern that the right approach can unsettle them but I simply don't think United have the players to carry it out, Bayern's self confidence - or arrogance (well earned) if you prefer - is currently oozing out of them. As I said I got this price weeks ago, down to about 1.5 now, I couldn't resist a smallish punt on Bayern -1.75AH either, put that on today. Bayern Munich - 1.73 - 32red + corals - 12.5 Points Bayern Munich -1.75AH - 2.83 - pinnacle - 4 Points

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Only hope you could offer United is that they've been better in the CL this season, although not come up against a side like Bayern yet. Also Bayern are so far ahead of the rest in their own league it's a joke, but struggled twice against Arsenal and lost to Man City, who were obviously a step up from the cannon fodder they face domestically. That was at home though, whereas obviously this is the away leg. Only hope I could see for United is a narrow 1-0 loss at home and hope Bayern are as poor at home against them as they have been recently against PL sides.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st I think the only reason Bayern are poor at home to EPL sides is because by the time the match comes around, things have been decided. For example losing 2-3 to City at the Allianz still allowed them to finish top of the group on goal difference. They're smart. They were focusing on wrapping the league up back then, so they can focus on defending their Champions League Crown now. It's like if Bayern win 4-0 at Old Trafford then lose the home leg 2-1 in Kroos control, people will talk for years about how great MU were at the Allianz that night. Don't make sense to me. Another thing is Moyes is gonna be scrutinised at this point for every position in the EPL table MU moves up or down. It's a tough league and it's hard to win against anyone. Bayern meanwhile are already Champions in the 3rd week of March. This is truly a showdown of two clubs and managers who have consistently continued to break records this season. ;)

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st I wouldn't back United if I got 14/1, and I am a fan. Obviously I hope we cause the master of upsets, but if Bayern come to Old Trafford and play the way they can it will be over by half time. If Liverpool and City can go to Old Trafford and win 3-0 in second gear, Bayern will have no troubles. The defence is a shambles, the midfield is a shambles and Rooney will be inside his own half most of the game. Keep your powder dry is my opinion dave.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st hmm just a word of caution man utd have shown their best form actually in champions league matches but like everyone else i think that bayern will exploit all their current vulnerabilities but there is always that chance of ultimately ending in a draw

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st

I wouldn't back United if I got 14/1' date=' and I am a fan. Obviously I hope we cause the master of upsets, but if Bayern come to Old Trafford and play the way they can it will be over by half time. If Liverpool and City can go to Old Trafford and win 3-0 in second gear, Bayern will have no troubles. The defence is a shambles, the midfield is a shambles and Rooney will be inside his own half most of the game. Keep your powder dry is my opinion dave.[/quote'] There has to be a price at which United becomes good value. I suppose it's all to do with estimating probabilities and deciding what you think the odds should be. I think most people would agree that United do have a chance - then the trick is to work out as closely as possible the size of that chance. Weight of expectation is a possible factor too I think - a lot of people are now expecting Bayern to win the first leg comfortably, so that puts more pressure on them and less on Man United. The home side's job is easier if people aren't expecting anything. I think Bayern themselves may suffer from this 'weight of expectation' when they play at home in the Champions League - people expect them to win and visiting teams can come there and play without pressure. Without analysing it, my hunch is that 14/1 would almost certainly be worth taking if it was available.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st When in doubt close your eyes and picture Ribery and Robben running at Buttner and Rafael for 90 mins. Then picture Fellaini and Cleverly jostling with Schwien and Lahm and ....breath out. http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1767704/man-utd-injury-crisis-ahead-bayern?cc=3436

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Bayern have just drawn 3-3 with Hoffenheim after leading 3-1. However a quick look at line-up and it's clear Guardiola has only Man U on his mind. He rested and rotated a whole host of players and Thiago was injured after 20 something minutes and is out 6-8 weeks. Even Neur didn't play to put it in context for you, while Pizzaro was the striker. This is what happened the last time Bayern faced a big team in Europe who were down on form, confidence and personnel.

5405507faa6858466.jpgthere-be-a-shit-storm-a-brewin.jpg

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Thiago missing is a big blow, they often struggle for rhythm when he isn't in the side, he links the midfield to attack very well. They have plenty of options in that area still, but in terms of central midfielders he is the best they have.

Thiago missing is a big blow' date=' they often struggle for rhythm when he isn't in the side, he links the midfield to attack very well. They have plenty of options in that area still, but in terms of central midfielders he is the best they have.[/quote'] I wouldn't go that far saying he is the best midfielder they have, he is important, but they have the depth to replace him and especially against this Man Utd side, they will have far too much for the Red Devils. Also Rafael and Valencia seem to be out, Valencia missed yesterday's match due to a knee injury and Rafael had to come off by half-time. Jones also had some problems at the beginning and Evra will be suspended. So they have huge problems in the defence, Mata and van Persie missing as well. And even if all players were fit, they would lose.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st 4pts Both teams to score 4/5 Unibet Clearly the United defence will be under pressure for much of the night here but I think United will come out and have a go in this match and try and take the game to their opponents. Wayne Rooney is in excellent form and United have some pace to give Bayern something to think about so I think both sides will have good chances to score in this match and at 4/5 that’s the bet for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-bayern-munich-betting-both-can-score-in-open-first-leg

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Struggling to find any value in this contest and it will be a watching brief for me. I made Bayern 2/5 though I won't rush to back 1/2 as I tend not to back anything less than 8/13. I really feel Bayern ought to score a few, there's little in this Man Utd side that will scare Bayern and they can kill the tie tomorrow rather than in the 2nd leg. RVP, Mata and Evra missing just make things that bit harder.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st hi to all tipsters out there let's have in mind some things manchester utd is not a boxing bag!!! bayern is playing like a clock machine are in form but there task in manchester is not so easy as it looks!!! So for there first meeting i think that the bliding beast(man utd) is more dangarous from the beauty(bayern) players will be waiting this game here and long time manchester utd is not going to win the premier leauge they know this here and 2 months.....and who is not telling me that they haven't prepair for this game ? after manchester went throw the next round.......there main worry day and night for them is for sure work on bayern project and how they will be able to beat them...... question how many times we have see teams not to perfoming well in there leauge and after when they focus in champions leauge they are perfoming better ? did you forget how chelsea passed barcelona ? and at last who is bayern that think they have won before they even play???? now back to our game......manchester was always the bad devils for bayern at all time of history here is there meetings [TABLE=class: resBG]

[TR] [TD=class: cs, colspan: 6]UEFA Champions League[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]07.04.2010[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]qf-2[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]3-2[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf](4-4)[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c1] [TD=colspan: 6, align: center](Bayern Munich won on away goals)[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]30.03.2010[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]qf-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]2-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]13.03.2002[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]r2ga[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]0-0[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]20.11.2001[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]r2ga[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]1-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]18.04.2001[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]qf-2[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]2-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf](3-1)[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]03.04.2001[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]qf-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]0-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]26.05.1999[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]fn[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]2-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf](n) [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]09.12.1998[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]r1gd[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]1-1[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: c0] [TD=class: c1 date]30.09.1998[/TD] [TD=class: c1 rs]r1gd[/TD] [TD=class: team]Bayern Munich[/TD] [TD=class: c1 sc]2-2[/TD] [TD=class: team]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: c1 inf][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] i think manchester utd can take something from this game if they will be careful at there defense and after 1 or 2 magic attacks.......from the players that want to give evrything in this 2 games i also use some special countings that i can't share them....... they predict manchester utd to win or take a draw at odds 2.62 wowww they are too low outsiders why do you think ???!!? and correct scores 2-1 home win for manchester or clear 0-0 draw good luck to all of you

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Well here it is, the most important fixture in Manchester United's season to date, if they lose this the season is over and the chances of them beating the German and current European champions are very slim. David Moyes has had a horrid season on his first year in charge as the United boss but to be fair to him it was always going to be a poisoned chalice. The only positive here for the home side is they have absolutely nothing to lose as everybody has them down as having no chance. I don't think I have ever seen a Manchester United side to ever be 13/2 at Old Trafford but I think the pricing is about right. Bayern Munich are 1/2 but I think they will win by a couple of goals so the -1 EH with Sky Bet @ 5/4 looks like value. The big thing here is Bayern Munich have already wrapped up the German league so they can fully concentrate on this game and with the class in their ranks I don't know how United are going to cope. Buttner will more than likely be playing left back for United and he will somehow have to try to cope with Arjen Robben down that right wing with Lahm over-lapping him! Rafael has been one of a few players that has performed very well for United this season but he will be in for a torrid time also with Götse and Alaba flying down the left wing. They will control midfield like they always do and Kroos will be a serious goal threat so I really fear for United here, it could end up being a cricket score. United lack intensity this season under David Moyes, the players are simply not playing for him for whatever reason and he can't afford to just sit back and let Bayern have 70% of the ball tomorrow night. The problem is, United are incapable of controlling possession against anybody this season and the likes of Cleverley, Giggs, Valencia, Carrick and Rooney are going to have to work harder than ever just to compete. Pep Guardiola is the highest paid manager in the world at the moment on £17m per year which is £7m more than Mourinho per year so he has to produce the goods in this fixture. Some people may say United are value at that price but I could not go near them, they are too poor defensively and in midfield. Bayern -1 Goal EH @ 5/4 Sky Bet - Also get £35 Free Bets when you Register with Sky Bet!

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Bayern -1 free money 6/5 imo. I mean Bayern arguably the best team on the planet, and utd are utd. Can't see utd keeping them to less than 3, and would be surprised if Utd scored more than once. Bayern/Bayer Evens And 0-4 18/1 would be my picks.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st I am amazed some people are actually backing Man U in this match. Sure it might look like value because the price is so high but there is an absolute gulf between the two sides. Would you fancy Bayern to win against Manchester City? Probably, and City are in a different class to United this season beating 4-1 and 0-3. No Mata, no van Persie, depleted defence. It all just screams relatively easy win for the away side. Can we really expect Moyes to outfox Guardiola tactically and produce a result? Even against Villa they were wide open at the back and a team with half the quality of Bayern would have punished them badly. Bayern are probably the best side in Europe and will not miss the chances that Benteke did. Even at 1/2 I still consider Bayern good value because their attacking power against United's defence could end up with an embarrasing result for Moyes.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Im amazed with comments on this thread. A lot of you guys saw great value on Man City to win at Old Trafford...that wasn´t even debatable according to some of you...they won.. Then again a great value according to the same punters on City to beat Arsenal..they would do that easily someone said. Well, they didn't... Now you see value on Bayern at 1.55???!!!! Man Utd has been poor and Bayern has been great???? OF COURSE...but when it comes to betting and you look for value, 1.55 doesn´t represent any value whatsoever...Bayern can smash United 6-0 or 7-0...but from the point of view of the sharp bettor, 1.55 an awful bet! Will anyone be surprised if United manages to score a goal and get a 1-1 draw? Bayern will still be happy with it.. Like i´ve been saying..it is still Old Trafford..

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st If you think that MU is able to compete with Bayern Munich , then 9 times out of 10 you cheer for the Red Devils , and in one case out of 10 - have not seen MU this season. And so, if you an avid fan of football , here the choice is more than evident. Ferguson's statement that Moyes will do the job and that the ex-Everton - a worthy successor to him , now look bullshit. "Moyes out" ( think that the translation is not needed here) "Moyes saked" (Moyes dismissed), "Moyes joke" ( Moyes clown) - These are the top three answers that will give you the English version of Google , if you drive there name David Moyes. What's successor ? What is success? What are you ? Here even the principal rivals on the road endure MU (greetings from the City and Liverpool) , hand down thoroughly to 3:0, what then of Bavaria wait ? Since I started talking about Bavaria. Where to start then? 7:0 in the semifinal with Barcelona on aggregate , finally convinced the world that the reins of European football go Bavaria , a kind of "pragmatic , tiki- taka muscular" (if it exists at all). Since then, Bayern did not take the gas pedal. 53 matches without defeat , it's 17 more than any other team in the history of the Bundesliga. The team has already issued the championship and it is purposefully prepared for this meeting , no underestimation is not in sight , for each match players out as the last battle. "Mission Impossible" , if you watched the Manchester derby , you will agree with me , "Red Devils" there is nothing to catch. Do not add optimism and personnel news from the camp of the team. So , Patrice Evra (29 games) disqualified , Juan Mata (10 games , 1 goal) played in the Champions League for Chelsea , Robin van Persie (18 games , 11 goals , a hat-trick hero in the game with Oli in 1/8 finals) injured. Missed yesterday's training workout Rafael (19 games) and Tom Cleverley (21 games , 1 goal) , so that their participation in the match a big question. For Bavaria out Thiago Alcantara (16 games , 2 goals). But there is someone to replace him with dignity , unlike the hosts. Since the finals in 1999 , Manchester United won only one of their last 6 meetings with Bayern (2 draws , 3 losses). Bayern won the last 7 outreach meetings in the Champions League - Bayern scored in 26 of the last of the 27 meetings in the Champions League. MU won only 1 out of 13 meetings of the Premier League this season against teams from the top 9 , how can I believe at all in this team today ? Especially without Van Persie and Mata , Kagawa and Welbek - are not the players level 1/4 final UCL. Overall, to Moises goodluck , but even here not help , 0:3. Bayern (-1) AH at 1.88 Sbobet

Im amazed with comments on this thread. A lot of you guys saw great value on Man City to win at Old Trafford...that wasn´t even debatable according to some of you...they won.. Then again a great value according to the same punters on City to beat Arsenal..they would do that easily someone said. Well, they didn't... Now you see value on Bayern at 1.55???!!!! Man Utd has been poor and Bayern has been great???? OF COURSE...but when it comes to betting and you look for value, 1.55 doesn´t represent any value whatsoever...Bayern can smash United 6-0 or 7-0...but from the point of view of the sharp bettor, 1.55 an awful bet! Will anyone be surprised if United manages to score a goal and get a 1-1 draw? Bayern will still be happy with it.. Like i´ve been saying..it is still Old Trafford..
You didn't actually say so, but if you're saying Bayern is an awful bet at 1.55, then backing Man Utd +0.5 at 2.78 (latest Pinnacle odds) must be a good one ... yes?

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Dante and Thiago out - Martinez and Lahm/Schweinsteiger in. Ribery and Robben fit, if they both play, it's very dangerous. I can't believe that Manchester can get something. Rooney in decent form and de gea on a very good day, and they can get a 1-2 Normal day Prediction: 1-5 FT

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st I actually think 1.55 is reasonable, look at Utds home form and then Bayern's away form there's a big difference. People keep saying "ohhh its still Manchester Utd at Old Trafford" yet this season at Old Trafford United have lost to such sides as: West Brom, Swansea, Newcastle, Sunderland, with recent mauling's from City and Liverpool. If City and Liverpool can comfortably win here then why shouldn't the current European Champions. Combine this with the fact United will be without RVP, Mata and Rafael.... and Bayern look good for a win. Further more Bayern are not a side to settle and will push for goals. Bayern -1 AH 1.8 @ Betfair 10units Bayern -2 AH 3.74 @ Betfair 4 Units