** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Monday 3rd March

2.40 - Kempton - Darnathean 1pt @ 12/1 Paddypower Interesting little race, i’ve gone for Darnathean who in my opinion has been running over slightly insufficient trips of late. He ran his best race for a while over 10f at this course a few outings ago but has been racing back over 6/7f since. He was an eye-catcher in a messy race last time at Lingfield, where he was caught way too far back going into the final couple of furlongs like most of the field. Despite being taken wide he made up tons of ground in the final furlong or so to finish a 2L 4th (recorded quickest final furlong time). He steps back up to 1m tomorrow and that should be a more suitable trip in my opinion, he has won over the distance before and Kempton is the only AW track he has won at. He looks rather well handicapped on the best of his 2013 form too. Having won off a 4lb higher mark in June and also finishing a neck 2nd off an 11lb higher mark the following month. This looks to be marginally weaker than some of the races he has been competing and i expect this to help his chances too. Jockey booking can be seen as a positive also. Sean Levey rides and he’s had 2 winner from his 5 rides for this yard in the past year. at a double figure price he looks worthy of a bet in my opinion. The main danger will probably be Spirit Of Gondree who was 2nd over C&D on Weds, he would have gone even closer with a clear run so must be respected. On a side note i did also consider Gabrials Wawa who is also looking attractively handicapped. I felt he showed signs of potential comeback on his first start for his new yard last time, and didn’t looks to be given the hardest of times by his jockey. He’s back over a C&D where his record is 1/1 and is 13lb below his last winning mark (less than 1 year ago), he looks like a horse that will be gambled on very soon imo.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March Kempton 3:45 Adam Kirby is 6 wins from 17 rides when he rides for Jeremy Gask here at Kempton so it is clearly a profitable partnership and the form Kirby has been in the last 12 months, this horse Nelson Quay looks a big price at 10/1 especially with a lovely draw in Stall 2. This is still a very lightly raced 4 year old gelding having only had 8 runs and although he has not won yet he has dropped to a mark of 68. He didn't run too bad over 6f here at Kempton last time out, finishing a 5 length 5th behind Ex Ex and the extra distance is definitely going to suit. His best ever run came over course and distance when he was 2nd in a maiden here and with cheekpieces on tomorrow it could aid the cause. Nelson Quay WIN @ 10/1 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 1535 southwell 1pt win barton rose 11/8 pp absolutley hosed up last time out, and although she carries a penalty, she is turned out rather quickly, just the 7 day layoff,trainer has a good strike rate at this track , a near 29%,although this includes flat as well as the jumps

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 4:15 Kempton - Might Mambo (7/1 Victor Chandler) 1pt Win Step up to 2 miles saw this one break the maiden tag at the 21st attempt under all codes over C&D lto. Is up 6lbs for that and up in class, but is not fully exposed at this trip and went close of marks higher than this when trained by George Margarson. Trainer is in hot form and had one bolt up over jumps today. Seems far more value to me than the fav who is also up 6lbs for a win last time but who does not have the scope for improvement that my selection has.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 3.35 Southwell Dougalstar ew 14/1 Decent 3rd lto when blundered the second last but held off Ghost of a Smile to finish 3rd who won today off Mark of 100 on Sunday. Winner Waldorf Salad went onto win again and now rated 125 , 2nd only btn a nse by 117 rated Tarabela so form looks strong enough. Best efforts have been on gd or g/s so possibly the soft ground rather than the heavy it's been contesting in of late. Curran has won with 3/15 with hurdlers here . Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 5.15 Kempton Nabeegha 6/1 BOG Bet365 Difficult character that can definetely win a race like that coming late, first time out in Kempton and hooded may make the difference. If there is pace and the horse settles and doesnt miss the kick it has great chances, but is very inconsistent and a closer so a bit of a lottery.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 15.20 Lingfield: Hillbilly Boy @ 7/1 VC I was very impressed with his latest start at Wolverhampton when attempted to make all, setting a really quick pace. Soon after the start he put some lengths between himself and the field and travelled still strongly turning for home. Two in the betting more fancied rivals stayed on from behind in the closing stages though and caught him 1f out. Yet even then he rallied and was even able to defend the second place. He goes only one pound up for this effort and the more experienced Andrea Atzeni gets the leg up tomorrow, which can be only a positive. It seems like there aren't too many others in this race that would like to make the running so a soft lead is likely for Hillbilly Boy. That is usually an advantage around Lingfield, a track he performs well on. So plenty to like the chance of Hillbilly Boy.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 5.15 KEMPTON PEACE SEEKER @ 13/2 Paddy Power BOG Drops into a class 4 today which could signify a change in luck for a horse who has been a model of consistency in his career. Only once out of the first 5 in his 14 AW race career. It was only Nov he was a nose second off this mark in a class 2. Hasn't run for 3 months but has run well after a break in the past and should go close today.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 300 Southwell: Benenden 3/1 BetVic Caught the eye when staying on well in third behind Act Alone at Doncaster. A point to point winner so will like these mini fence type hurdles at Southwell and looks a 3 mile chaser for the future. Comes up against the Hobbs horse Cloud Creeper who on the book has the best form but he has had 7 starts now over hurdles and remains a maiden so worth taking him on at the prices. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 15:10 kempton Watersmeet 1 pt win @ 2/1 will hills this colt has a good pedigree and did very well in it's debut finishing a close 2nd and looked like a right handed track may suit. Mark Johnston is also approaching form with a decent Feb so should go be there or thereabouts.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 1.45 Lingfield One of these running in this handicap looks a huge price. Copperwood is a regular around here with 6 wins around here but he is somewhat in decline on the back of most recent efforts and is hard to fancy despite dropping into class 6 handicap and visor on for the first time. Indias Song won a seller on penultimate start over CD and ran even better in a handicap last time out when looking a little unlucky and could take all the beating but is a very short price. Travel is still unexposed and shaped just ok on fibresand last time out may do better switched back to polytrack and does look your typical Johnston runner that will pop up at some point. Cataria Girl is an interesting runner from the now very small yard of Tregoning, showed very little in 3 maidens but switched to handicap last time out and caught the eye finishing well, runs off same mark but does now need to back that effort up over this longer trip. Super Duplex looks a huge price in this he stayed on eye catchingly under an inexperienced ride in an amateur handicap, he has dropped to 1lb below last winning mark and looks like a big effort can be expected under professional handling and at a big price. 0.5pt e/w Super Duplex 14/1 pp

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March You know your luck is out when you bet a horse on the AW and ends up U/R, bet this one last time out on Feb 14th and jockey M.Harley never made it to the first marker, Mr Botti sends the 3yr old back out again and lets hope jockey L.Morris gets a bit further. Its Mr Botti's sole runner on the card but the horse does look a drifter on the market. ?3:10 Kempton Pk - Maahir 1pt Win Bet @ 5/2 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 3.10 Kemp - Khutze - ew at 33/1 bog bet365 Ran about 6l behind one of todays favourites, Watersmeet, when both horses were on debut last time out My selection was noticeable green that day and might come on a lot for the outing. The Johnston horse ran 2nd and as usual from that yard, semed ready to go so might not improve so much There's a fair chance my selection will be closer to Watersmeet today and if he is then he should be in the shake up

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 3.45 Kempton - Imperator Augustus 1pt win @ 11/1 Bet365 This horse is yet to win on the all weather form 10 starts but has gone close a couple of times. He was left with a little too much to do last time out over CD but could go better here with Sean Levey taking over form Jack Garrity. This is very much his trip with all 3 turf wins coming over this distance. He has a tough draw but could go well at a big price.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 4.05 Southwell - 1pt win Sky Watch @ 5/2 (Bet365) Has been running consistently well in novice hurdles under similar conditions but has just found one or two too good in these events. However, the form has typically worked out well as he's been bumping into some decent rivals rated around 130 and above on a regular occasion. Now entering handicaps off a feasible mark of 118 and in an event where he's vying for favouritism with a modest benchmark, I think he'll take all the beating for an in-form Warren Greatrex.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 4.45 Kempton - Two In The Pink - 1pt win 7/2 BetVictor BOG A course and distance winner, Ralph Smith's filly was eyecatching while finishing off strongly last time out at Lingfield and could be on a nice mark at 59. The step back 1f is probably a positive move and she should enjoy the likely pace here. Mill I Am showed a great turn of foot at here last time though it was a weaker class and the 5lb hike may be enough to stop her achieving two wins in a row.

Re: BBOTD Monday 3rd March 5.15 Kempton - Mac's Power win @ 4/1 Betvictor This horse looks like a good bet on its current mark. It has been in decent form on the AW at Lingfield recording two seconds.The last of which came by a neck behind my Kingdom. It has in the past run in much better races than this and the horse is well below its last winning mark (In October 2012). However the horse is knocking on a bit now and is obviously not the same animal as it was a few years ago but on this mark if he can run similar to how he did last time out then he has as good a chance as any of the rest of the field.