** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Hypers 1500 goal

Nade

Hello all. Feel I need to make this thread as incentive to put in the volume I want to achieve by the end of the month. Have been playing the $7 HU hypers for a few weeks with good success while trying to play 100/day but some days not succeeding. My goal is to play 1500 more by the end of the month at which time hopefully if I win a decent amount I'll be in a good position to seek a stake (on 2+2) for the $15 level This is the graph from the $7 I've played so far this year. God mode on, but worth noting when I played the $15's early last year I ran 50BI below EV so I'll take it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5683[/ATTACH] So 14th-28th goal: 1500 games Daily:100

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Day 1 made the goal of 100 games :) A pretty interesting days play, I knew I was in pretty bad form when this thread was made my results for the day were going downhill so I had to pull a few rabbits out of the hat and it worked out. The low point in the graph at about game 70 to the high point at 100 is an upswing of 7BI equity and that basically happened because of two reasons. Firstly near the bottom of the downswing I filtered my day to track from the current time (about 7pm) instead of having to look at a big losing day now I took it on as a fresh day my HEM was totally clear. This changes the mindset from 'I'm stuck x amount how much might I lose' to 'now starting from zero how much can I make'. This method has worked countless times for me and it's such a simple kind of 'mind hack' poker players can use and I've recommended it to many players including on here :ok. The second thing was to just play more patient. I realised I was trying to win games too early when a solid part of my edge comes late game when random people don't realise how crucial each chip they put in the pot is worth when the blinds get higher. When looking or talking about the graph I'm just taking notice of the equity line just fyi ;) Anyways +EV day, and I doubt many of them will be as eventful as this so there won't be lots to read every day don't worry :lol [ATTACH=CONFIG]5690[/ATTACH] 100/1500

post-16873-14429286110001_thumb.jpg

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Second day in the books. A pretty blegh day but happy to come out +ev when the vast majority of whales I faced were god moding out of control, I mean they really had their day today. All the gradual downswings in this graph are from re-matching god moded whales and that is entirely my own stubborn fault. There's a clause in my own 'rules' to abide by in these games - it is to never re-match a whale who is god moding regardless of how bad they are. Today I flouted that a few times - you know you have to test the rules sometimes to reaffirm why they're there in the first place... [ATTACH=CONFIG]5691[/ATTACH] 200/1500

Good luck!
Hey thanks! Cool to get some luck from the legendary DaMatrix!

post-16873-1442928611018_thumb.jpg

Re: Hypers 1500 goal

Hehe' date=' keep it up! I've studied some HT HUSNG strategy so finding this thread interesting :)[/quote'] Awesome, hope I can inspire you to get into them fully. However, if you want inspiration I suggest not looking at the graph at the end of today... at the moment it will be titled 'infinite tilt'. Going to have to pull out all the stops to rescue something from the day... but where there's a will.

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Played another 100 games. To cut a long story short I tilted very badly against two opponents costing a few BI as you can see in the two steep declines, and it's totally inexcusable. The tilt comes when you know your opponent doesn't know exactly what they're doing but they are running hot and because of the lack of time/opportunities if your opponent is running hot you're done. Simple as that. (More on this tomorrow) To keep this shorter I'll just say it really felt like the day and the challenge was turning into a disaster, I was playing bad and nothing was going right in general. So I reviewed a few of my games and noticed a couple of really subtle things. I wasn't opening every hand early on which is totally normal but it seemed to give my opponents (who generally play every hand) total freedom because it narrows my range thus narrowing my ability to rep whatever I like (like they do). These people may be intrinsically bad, but they realise if I've folded the first 2 hands and then call the third and the board comes 773 then my hands are totally tied. So then I have 420 chips vs a 580 chipped guy who will never fold and my chances of getting a +EV game is not great. So I basically totally changed my approach to the early game, implemented a few things I'd done in the past to try and win the game inside 2mins which isn't my norm or my natural game. Apart from some tilt it went better than I could have dreamed. The period is from game 35 onwards, overall that stretch is up 4BI in equity and without the tilt it's +8BI or so. I'll be trying to keep that up and tilt free tomorrow :ok It's actually a minor miracle I rescued a 0EV day from sunday! [ATTACH=CONFIG]5693[/ATTACH]

Good Luck ' date=' these are fun but hat goes off to anyone that can grind these without tilting[/quote'] Cheers! Now my aim with the volume is to cut out the tilt, it's very possible but requires extreme discipline :eek

post-16873-14429286110346_thumb.jpg

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Do not adjust your sets.. yes this is a 25BI upswing in 60 games. Got coolered a couple of times at the end though so running pretty bad. :) Pretty strange day, not much of note happened. The period between game 15-30 was just a standard swing, though was calling too many flops OOP that was the main thing. The huge profit upswing I just won like every all-in. Overall the day was perfect I couldn't hope for better equity or profit. No major tilt, I can't say every hand was completely tilt free and I tilt re-matched once but it was a 98% legit day I would say. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5698[/ATTACH] 400/1500

post-16873-14429286183563_thumb.jpg

All the best is this what your grinding now or is this side challenge? keep it up
Hey Woodie cheers, this is my main thing right now. Between June to December last year I played a lot of small stakes cash with moderate success but the level people are playing at now even at small stakes means it wasn't worth it to carry on. I don't enjoy playing in games that are 4 bet pots pre-flop as standard, it creates too much unnecessary variance and stress and that is what the games are like, everyone wants to be Isildur at 50nl. The plan isn't to be playing $7 HU hypers for a living for the rest of time, the plan is to use the $7's as a springboard for better things. Hopefully I'll get another shot at the $15's with coaching.

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Only got in 74 games, had family things going on, a bit of a headache and then football so i'm behind pace now, but I think some 120+ game days were in the planning anyways. Now I present you a graph from the last day and some gifs that sum up the past 2 days where I'm up near 40BI and +10% equity ... [ATTACH=CONFIG]5710[/ATTACH] tumblr_mxm4klctYS1qkkh4no5_400.giftumblr_mw83ekDAbw1qkkh4no1_500.giftumblr_n163mvbWpl1s4bx7jo2_400.gif Gifs. Gifs everywhere.

post-16873-1442928618702_thumb.jpg

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Today was always going to be terrible, coupled with a migraine and the standard general disruption I guess I got a bit tilted that the day went as it did... 5vaanb.jpg Overall graph from the 6days so far, it's +2.3% EV which is below ideal but not too bad considering. 2el7fup.jpg 559/1500

haha vn! What % of hands have you been winning overall in this challenge?
about 52% whatever that means..

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Another ridiculous day. I'd actually prepared special fails gifs and

because everything seemed to be going wrong I was thinking hands up 'sometimes I fail'. Looking at the graph it was never actually too bad but felt 20x worse. The end is a nice variance upswing, BUT the last 21 games I did change strategy from what I was doing the past 3 days. Basically the strategy was too rigid, far too many whales were being let off the hook because I was looking for an early win instead of grinding them down. Still, at least I have a decent strategy against any player type. Used to have lots of problems vs people who limped a lot, now I've negated them by being more aggressive the only other main problem is vs the best regs. Usually they only sit me once each a day but they're a pain in the ass as... they're pretty good. 2s8pcf7.jpg Will leave you with some chillout, like we've ridden through the storm...

What's your stars name mate?
Blavdes :ok

Re: Hypers 1500 goal It's amazing how many randoms I'm facing who are able to create a false loose image early because they're being smashed in the face with the deck, then you truely realise the definition of god moded. [x] infinite tilt 28i5b2t.jpgtumblr_mz65rtYuRR1tne7pgo1_400.gif

Hey Woodie cheers, this is my main thing right now. Between June to December last year I played a lot of small stakes cash with moderate success but the level people are playing at now even at small stakes means it wasn't worth it to carry on. I don't enjoy playing in games that are 4 bet pots pre-flop as standard, it creates too much unnecessary variance and stress and that is what the games are like, everyone wants to be Isildur at 50nl. The plan isn't to be playing $7 HU hypers for a living for the rest of time, the plan is to use the $7's as a springboard for better things. Hopefully I'll get another shot at the $15's with coaching.
I know what you mean mate I don't even play much online these days but whenever I've fancied a game I've deposited and played some omaha zoom the hands people are checking behind with at 5 cent 10 cent youd think there on the bubble of the wsop lol. Seems to of gotten even harder these days seeing a lot of the old grinders I have had notes on all grinding very low these days when a year or two ago theyre all grinding higher.

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Haven't played much the past 24hrs so will leave update till tomorrow, needless to say going pretty bad still. Funny thing is outside of the tilt games I'm up a solid % in equity though playing terribly. In these games there's so many elements that contribute to playing well you can't just mindlessly do x y and z your opening has to make sense, your anticipation has to be on point, your maths has to be legit, game flow has to be in tune, your timing tells have to be in sync, your checking has to have some balance and you gotta get some cards. Oh and you gotta work out your opponent in 5 hands. Going to try and make some cash the next days instead of pure volume, let's see what happens.

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Since the last garf. Bit of an embarrassing performance lately, like a veteran footballer going through the motions, but the last 40 games switched to 1 tabling and changed style a little bit which made a few BI equity back. Going to continue 1 tabling which will affect volume but so be it. 2dbm7vc.jpg

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Keep it up! do you usually 2 table or 4-table them? I've played a few hundred 25bb husngs this month at a site where the rake is a ridic 7% (I have rb tho but even that is not as good as like the 2% rake on stars), can't seem to win more than 50% of hands there which means I'm losing to the rake grrrrrrr

Keep it up! do you usually 2 table or 4-table them? I've played a few hundred 25bb husngs this month at a site where the rake is a ridic 7% (I have rb tho but even that is not as good as like the 2% rake on stars)' date=' can't seem to win more than 50% of hands there which means I'm losing to the rake grrrrrrr[/quote'] Hey cheers, most often I 2 table them. Do you use HEM to keep track? that's why I use as it's so easy to keep track of my equity in each individual game and that's what I take most notice of. As you're playing a lot of these also do you want to discuss them on Skype, pm me if you want :ok

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Yeah, I played a few thousand before I took a little break from poker, and I do use HM2 OFC :) You can add me on skype: damatrix.com Here's a graph on when I was just starting out with HU HTs (3000 games in Feb 2012 :S) which included various different sites (merge, ipoker, cake, ps, etc lol) and stakes. 03-01-2012-challenge.jpg Will probably wait until March to give them another proper shot, after I get 300 MTT cashes this month hehe :) gl today!

Re: Hypers 1500 goal Not much going on, think I got mental fatigue/burnout as literally was just clicking buttons with no regard to the outcome so had to stop. Whenever putting in volume most of the time you're trying to find 'form' that sweet spot where you're running good and every bet,check,raise is done with an exact outcome in mind based on a lot of set variables. When you're losing form opponents start to call when you expect a fold, they know exactly when you're weak and when you're strong. This leads to a drop in confidence as all of a sudden you pressing to go left but not exactly sure if left means left or left means right. So it's time to try and regain some form, but maybe tomorrow. Also been distracted the past days with wanting to learn coding/programming. Think this is from the last update: The 1500 games goal is out of the window, think i'm on 900+. xzia0.jpg

Re: Hypers 1500 goal I know what you mean Nade, lost like 10 games in a row against the same player yest, he couldn't lose a flip and it was like he could see my cards! #godmode What has been your roi on the 7s this month then? You think you will play the 15s next month? gl