** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Wednesday 12th February

Lodge

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 8.15 Kempton - Climaxfortackle 1pt win @ 6/1 Bet365 I put this one up the other day for my BBOTD and I thought he was unlucky not to win as he didn't get the clearest of runs. He finished really well and I think a win is definitely just around the corner for this one. He races here off the same mark and he is a previous CD winner. He is well drawn in 6 and Joe Fanning keeps the ride. This is a slightly better race than that he contested a few days ago but he travelled really well in that race and picked up well once getting out. With a little luck in running he should go very close in this.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Clonmel 2:20 - Surehaul Mercedes-Benz Novice Hurdle (Grade 3) The Willie Mullins trained Urano has to improve to win this race and the price does not appeal much and with The Job Is Right carrying a big weight it could pay to back the mare Railway Zira. The stables last three runners have run big races which would suggest the trainer has his horses in good shape and this mare will thrive on this heavy ground. She bolted up on it at Fairyhouse this time last year and if she gets the trip she is a big player. Railway Zira - 1 Point WIN @ 11/1 Paddy Power Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/clonmel-surehall-novice-hurdle-railway-zira-looks-the-clear-value-here

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February

8.15 Kempton - Climaxfortackle 1pt win @ 6/1 Bet365 I put this one up the other day for my BBOTD and I thought he was unlucky not to win as he didn't get the clearest of runs. He finished really well and I think a win is definitely just around the corner for this one. He races here off the same mark and he is a previous CD winner. He is well drawn in 6 and Joe Fanning keeps the ride. This is a slightly better race than that he contested a few days ago but he travelled really well in that race and picked up well once getting out. With a little luck in running he should go very close in this.
he is a she not a he

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 7.15 - Kempton - Toga Tiger @ 12/1 Paddypower Both my bets for tomorrow have already been well backed and the value has disappeared. I'm going to take a chance on Toga Tiger who thrived on this surface in 2013. He managed to notch up a hat-trick at this time last year including a win over C&D, taking him from a mark of 70 up into the 80's. He finds himself off a mark of 78 tomorrow, which is still 4lb higher than his last winning mark but he was placed off higher marks last summer. He has a good record at Kempton having won 2 of his 4 races here, so the return to this course could be seen as a positive. His recent re-appearance run can be excused. He was extremely slowly away and was never going to make an impact from that far back, he'll be sharper for the run tomorrow and this is certainly a weaker race in my opinion. The form of his recent run looks very good, the 2 horses just ahead of him have both won since (Bowstar who re-opposes and The Great Gabrial) I think he's been overlooked in this market, he actually beat the favourite Brocklebank by 5L in the summer on turf, and he now meets that rival on 7lb better terms, he also beat Light From Mars on his winning spree last winter. There looks to be plenty of pace in this race, i reckon that could suit him providing Robert Winston doesn't leave him too much to do, he should come with strong late run.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Musselbrough 2.10 2m4f Novice Hrd Plan Again 15/8 Paddy Power BOG Not good racing today and Plan Again to me the only horse that could be well above his rivals. Scored his easy wins in decent times with much capacity to better level given te fact how the horse scooted clear in the end. Is a typical McCain Hurdler quite smart one i feel. Fennell Bay won a weak race to me and isnt suited by the 2m4f whcih my selection is i think. Martin Chuzzleweit is Flat Bred and and especially over 2m4f not for me has acceleration genes from his looks and not a stayer, has to cope first with a slower pace than on the Flat.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Musselburgh 4.25pm 2m4f Hunters Chase - Golan Way - 3 pts win. Interesting choice of race and timing for his reappearance under new trainer Tim Vaughan. I am a former owner but left under a big cloud 2 years ago (as did many others), but always love to watch him running. The horse was eventually taken from Sheena West last year, also under a cloud, following suspensory ligament damage. He has been given plenty of time for recovery and always ran his best races when fresh. He is a good ground horse (which it seems to be at Musselburgh) and 2m4f a good distance for him. If he is anywhere near his old ability he should have far too much to beat these. He holds a Grand National entry where surely his tendency to make a mistake would prove very costly but very interesting that they have waited until Grand National weights were announced to run him.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 1600 clonmel 1pt win truban 1/1 boyles seven year old gelding has 2 entries this week,and this looks the easier option today,only 4 runners, but this a tricky little race where as case could be made for all, especially the top 3 in the market,my guy was an easy winner last time out over a shorter trip,trainer mullins knows what to make of aupcharlie who has left his stable,and with ruby taking the ride, it could be another winner for this combo

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 4.00 Clonmel Aupcharlie 15/8 Paddy Power BOG Turban won well at Fairyhouse lto but wins very seldomly. Aupcharlie has his quirks but is in a different league to these. 3rd to Cheltenian in the Cheltenham bumper a couple of years ago, he was beaten a head by Back In Focus in the Topaz Novice Chase at Leopardstown last Christmas, 0,5l by Tofino Bay in a grade 2 at Naas last January and would have won last April at Punchestown but for falling at the last. Is making his seasonal debut tomorrow (now with de Bromhead) but won fto last season and the stable is in good form. This is his race to lose and I don't fear anything in the race. 1 Point win for nap purposes Aupcharlie 15/8 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 16.45 Lingfield: Cathedral @ 7/2 Bet365 Cathedral seems a very interesting runner for a new yard tomorrow due to a couple of reasons: First of all I thought he run quite well in his most recent start of a new career lowest mark. He missed slightly the break, was than extremely keen and pulling hard for quite a while until settling in midfield. He travelled then like an absolute dream, on the bridle until 2f out but I felt his jockey asked too late for an effort since Cathedral certainly lacks a "push button acceleration" and hit a flat spot when everyone one else was pretty much getting first run on him. Eventually he got asked for full effort inside the final furlong and he finished the race fine enough, without being too impressive though. But taking everything into account I think it was a decent enough performance. What's interesting tomorrow in the Apprentice race: He gets another pound off the mark and has an extremely talented 3lb claimer in the saddle who is also absolutely flying at the moment. So effectively Cathedral can race off a four pounds lower mark than the last time and that must give him a tremendous chance to win this race. Not to forget that he is still generally lightly raced for a five year old and didn't look entirely talent free as a younger horse.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Trainer A C Whillans sends out just the one runner destination Musselburgh, his 5yr old bay gelding has only raced the once coming home 3rd at Ayr, but a significant point is that 4th that day was Splash of Ginge ''The Betfair Hurdle winner'' from Camp N.T.W Sure its a punt on trust as the 5yr old has not been seen in almost 300 days, but he could be a nice future prospect and any money coming for him in the market would be a major pointer / hint. The going will be right up his street and he should have zero issue with the distance, jockey Ewan gets the leg up for the second time and its also his only ride. Good Luck. 16:55 Musselburgh - Apachee Prince. 1pt Win Bet @ sp

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Kempton 7.15 - Bowstar (1pts win 7/2 BetVictor) Is looking to follow up on a victory here at Kempton lto where the blinkers seemed to make the difference so I'm hoping they will have the same effect today as well. She had been finishing down the field in her last few runs but the margins of defeat were not that big and lto looked good coming into the race and going through with a strong finish. The 4lbs raise is fair enough given that last win and now could be the time to catch her.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 4.55 Musselburgh - Hurricane Hollow won @ SP Hurricane Hollow has won its only race so far and I feel it can continue the run today. It won really well and came well clear in the final furlong to win by 9l and if it can produce a performance close to that here it should be in with a shout. The trainer is in good form after a double yesterday at Southwell and he tends to do well in this type of race. Most recently winning a similar race with 'Royal Supreme' at the end of January. Also the conditions should suit as it won its only race on soft ground. The slight worry I have is that it hasn't run for 105 days but if it the break doesn't affect it then it should have a decent chance of winning this.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February K6.45 Prisca e/w 50/1 Bet365 You never know quite what to expect from a Jamie Osborne runner but I'm going to take a wild swing on this one. It's only the 2nd run for the stable for this ex Hannon trained runner that finished a close runner up in a maiden to a horse that has since won off a 10lb higher mark than this horse races off today. There's also the first time application of cheekpieces which on breeding should be a positive and the horses first run at this track which could both bring about improvement. I suspect its fate will be decided pre-race when it'll either be a steamer or friendless in the market.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 3.15 Muss Blue Kascade ew 14/1 betvictor Mania has won last two on board for Sandy Thompson here and 3/6 overall at musselburgh and team up with this who he's ridden few times before. btn 15L lto but dropped 2lbs for that and 3 of those behind have won since so level looks ok and now 6lbs below opening handicap mark , has maybe dropped enough to be competitive. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Clonmel Off! Musselburgh 3:15 Blue Kascade was backed off the boards at Kelso two runs back and could only manage 7th place but the fact he was so heavily punted must mean the yard clearly feel he has plenty of ability. He did not run all that bad at Carlisle last time out when he was 4th to Moufatango and he has dropped two pounds in the weights to a mark of 90 as a result. This is still a very lightly raced former Irish Point winner so you would think he can only improve on what he has shown to date. Ryan Mania is the hottest jockey in the UK at the moment as he has won 3 and placed on 2 of his last 6 rides. Blue Kascade WIN @ 14/1 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 210 Musselburgh: Plan Again 2/1 (BVic/PP) Looks a 2 horse race on form with the favourite being Fennell Bay trained by John Ferguson. He was tough as old boots on the level so should suit this jumping game and won easily in the end on his debut at Fakenham. He did worry me slightly part way through that race when he seemed to get out paced and may be worth taking on here on this speedy track. Plan Again is the obvious one to challenge the jolly. He won a point then a bumper (here at Muss) and then won his hurdle debut with the minimum of fuss. He will want further in time as he has loads of stamina so expect to see him try and make all here today, he is unexposed and just could be above average and represents the best value in this contest.

3.15 Muss Blue Kascade ew 14/1 betvictor Mania has won last two on board for Sandy Thompson here and 3/6 overall at musselburgh and team up with this who he's ridden few times before. btn 15L lto but dropped 2lbs for that and 3 of those behind have won since so level looks ok and now 6lbs below opening handicap mark , has maybe dropped enough to be competitive. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Clonmel Off! Musselburgh 3:15 Blue Kascade was backed off the boards at Kelso two runs back and could only manage 7th place but the fact he was so heavily punted must mean the yard clearly feel he has plenty of ability. He did not run all that bad at Carlisle last time out when he was 4th to Moufatango and he has dropped two pounds in the weights to a mark of 90 as a result. This is still a very lightly raced former Irish Point winner so you would think he can only improve on what he has shown to date. Ryan Mania is the hottest jockey in the UK at the moment as he has won 3 and placed on 2 of his last 6 rides. Blue Kascade WIN @ 14/1 Boylesports
Nice one guys!! :ok Was waiting for 14s on Betfair when it was 12s earlier. It ended up going down to around 6 before the off, so decided to hold out for the price to go back to 10/12s in-running, but didn't, so no bet..! :\

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February 4.15 Lingfield - Zaeem - 1pt win 11/2 Ladbrokes BOG Luke Morris takes the ride on Dean Ivory's gelding Zaeem here. He put in a solid run at the track here last time and although not quite taking to the AW, he's a good horse and has a couple of respectful performances on the turf. A lot of these horses won't take too much to beat and if he shows a bit of improvement from last time he should go close. First time blinkers are applied, maybe to help him away from the stalls.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Kemp 6.45 - Dazza - ew at 25/1 betvictor Competitive handicap here with many of these having run well last time out I'm going for one of the more lightly raced ones She came back from a break last month and finished a close up 3rd at lingfield with the Post reporting that she should come on and be cherry ripe next time Her previous run was last October when she made all to win a maiden on turf Ideally drawn in stall 1 tonight if they want try front running and they've put up a 7lb claimer tonight

Clonmel Off! Musselburgh 3:15 Blue Kascade was backed off the boards at Kelso two runs back and could only manage 7th place but the fact he was so heavily punted must mean the yard clearly feel he has plenty of ability. He did not run all that bad at Carlisle last time out when he was 4th to Moufatango and he has dropped two pounds in the weights to a mark of 90 as a result. This is still a very lightly raced former Irish Point winner so you would think he can only improve on what he has shown to date. Ryan Mania is the hottest jockey in the UK at the moment as he has won 3 and placed on 2 of his last 6 rides. Blue Kascade WIN @ 14/1 Boylesports
Nice touch fella.

3.15 Muss Blue Kascade ew 14/1 betvictor Mania has won last two on board for Sandy Thompson here and 3/6 overall at musselburgh and team up with this who he's ridden few times before. btn 15L lto but dropped 2lbs for that and 3 of those behind have won since so level looks ok and now 6lbs below opening handicap mark , has maybe dropped enough to be competitive. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Great stuff, nice find.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Later Runners

8.15 Kempton - Climaxfortackle 1pt win @ 6/1 Bet365 I put this one up the other day for my BBOTD and I thought he was unlucky not to win as he didn't get the clearest of runs. He finished really well and I think a win is definitely just around the corner for this one. He races here off the same mark and he is a previous CD winner. He is well drawn in 6 and Joe Fanning keeps the ride. This is a slightly better race than that he contested a few days ago but he travelled really well in that race and picked up well once getting out. With a little luck in running he should go very close in this.
7.15 - Kempton - Toga Tiger @ 12/1 Paddypower Both my bets for tomorrow have already been well backed and the value has disappeared. I'm going to take a chance on Toga Tiger who thrived on this surface in 2013. He managed to notch up a hat-trick at this time last year including a win over C&D, taking him from a mark of 70 up into the 80's. He finds himself off a mark of 78 tomorrow, which is still 4lb higher than his last winning mark but he was placed off higher marks last summer. He has a good record at Kempton having won 2 of his 4 races here, so the return to this course could be seen as a positive. His recent re-appearance run can be excused. He was extremely slowly away and was never going to make an impact from that far back, he'll be sharper for the run tomorrow and this is certainly a weaker race in my opinion. The form of his recent run looks very good, the 2 horses just ahead of him have both won since (Bowstar who re-opposes and The Great Gabrial) I think he's been overlooked in this market, he actually beat the favourite Brocklebank by 5L in the summer on turf, and he now meets that rival on 7lb better terms, he also beat Light From Mars on his winning spree last winter. There looks to be plenty of pace in this race, i reckon that could suit him providing Robert Winston doesn't leave him too much to do, he should come with strong late run.
Kempton 7.15 - Bowstar (1pts win 7/2 BetVictor) Is looking to follow up on a victory here at Kempton lto where the blinkers seemed to make the difference so I'm hoping they will have the same effect today as well. She had been finishing down the field in her last few runs but the margins of defeat were not that big and lto looked good coming into the race and going through with a strong finish. The 4lbs raise is fair enough given that last win and now could be the time to catch her.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 12th February Just realised 6.45 is delayed;

Kemp 6.45 - Dazza - ew at 25/1 betvictor Competitive handicap here with many of these having run well last time out I'm going for one of the more lightly raced ones She came back from a break last month and finished a close up 3rd at lingfield with the Post reporting that she should come on and be cherry ripe next time Her previous run was last October when she made all to win a maiden on turf Ideally drawn in stall 1 tonight if they want try front running and they've put up a 7lb claimer tonight
K6.45 Prisca e/w 50/1 Bet365 You never know quite what to expect from a Jamie Osborne runner but I'm going to take a wild swing on this one. It's only the 2nd run for the stable for this ex Hannon trained runner that finished a close runner up in a maiden to a horse that has since won off a 10lb higher mark than this horse races off today. There's also the first time application of cheekpieces which on breeding should be a positive and the horses first run at this track which could both bring about improvement. I suspect its fate will be decided pre-race when it'll either be a steamer or friendless in the market.