** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb

3.05pm @ Southwell 'Joe Eile' 8/1 (Coral) Horse has some very decent form in Ireland over the years and has kept some very good company. Not made too many forays over the water, last one was the Gold Cup at Ayr where finished well beaten but still in front of some very good horses who would win tomorrow's race at a canter. First run for new stable and mark doesn't look overly tough, nor does the competition. Massive price. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 3.05 - Southwell - Naabegha 1pt @ 14/1 Boylesports, BetVictor Frontier Fighter has an extremely good record round here and will undoubtedly go close, however he needs a career best to take this and i’m not usually one for backing at short odds. Naabegha is far from a confident selection opposing him but i get the feeling he’ll pick up a race soon enough. He’s far from straightforward and often spoils his chances by pulling hard but he’s starting to look feasibly handicapped. He didn’t win in handicap company last year but was placed on numerous occasions off higher marks. He’s been running in some decent races of late, and pulled hard last time in a race that was run quite slowly in the early stages, that put paid to his chances really. If he does manage to settle tomorrow i expect him to go close though, I personally think 7f is his best distance and i find it interesting that headgear has been left off for the first time since his win 3 starts ago. He beat Apostle off level weights in December over this distance. Today he meets that rival on 5lb better terms so the fact he’s a much bigger price than that rival is abit of an insult. He only finished 2L behind Frontier Fighter last time out too and has a slight swing in the weights so theres no reason why he shouldn’t get close to that rival. The one big question mark is whether he will take to the surface, i can honestly say i have no idea. It is obviously worth noting his trainers good record at this course though. Tom Queally rides, he had a big price winner for this yard yesterday and is 3 from 8 for Alan McCabe this year, i imagine he chose Naabegha over Bedloe’s Island who is ridden by Ben Curtis, so that could also be a pointer at his chances.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb A2.55 Ancient Times 1pt Win 8/1 Bet365 This horse is 2 from 2 in heavy ground races over c&d and with only 1 other c&d winner in the field, can go close off a higher handicap mark. I think the change in jockey is a positive, this jockey has much better stats than the one on board last time and the trainer also has a terrific strike rate at the track. Providing the race LTO hasn't taken too much out of the horse (15 days ago), it looks sure to give a good account of itself here. It feels more like a 5/1 shot to me and I certainly think it'll be shorter than 8/1 at race time.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb Southwell 1:30 I think Roxy Lane looks a big and backable price to land this first at Southwell tomorrow. This horse ran in a good Nottingham maiden on turf on debut last June and followed that up with a good 4th at 66/1 in a good Windsor maiden. The winner of that race Close At Hand of the John Gosden yard has gone on to run well in Listed company since and this is a Class 6 at Southwell tomorrow. This mare had a bit of money for her last time out on all-weather debut at Kempton and although she finished completely tailed off she had a bad draw in 11 and is better drawn tomorrow. They are also dropping her down in trip to 6 furlongs and if she can progress on some of her turf form of last year she could be able to land this. Roxy Lane WIN @ 16/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 4.40 Southwell Poor card and hard to find anything and certainly nothing at fancy prices for me! Grandad Mac has been in good form on this surface this winter having won 3 times, on recent runs he looks high enough in the handicap, only scraped home on last win and a 5lb rise looks to have halted the progression. Monzino slowly working down to last winning mark but impossible to back on current form but he is quirky and does often pop up at a huge price and is far from a punters friend. Fire In Babylon is another in good form this winter with 3 wins including 1 here, this would require a career best effort although is unexposed on this surface so may have more to offer yet. Samoset suddenly came to form in a course amateur handicap under Simon Walker that wasn’t much of a race and this will be tougher under a 6lb penalty but not without a chance. Light The City should be hard to beat today, Ruth Carr has got this gelding revitalised by running him over hurdles recently and he has made into a reasonable sort over hurdles last winning off a mark of 104, before winning off a basement mark last time out around here, again not a strong race but he is clearly in good fettle and still dangerously well handicapped and does go well here. Despite small price still looks value wouldn’t be surprised if he goes off odds on. 1pt win Light The City 11/8 Hills

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 2.55 Ayr - Scimon Templer 1pt win @ 4/1 PaddyPower ST ran a cracker on his reappearance to finish 2nd behind Blake Dean. Blake Dean franked that form today by finishing 2nd in a higher grade off effectively a 12 higher mark if you take into the jockeys non-claim. Scimon Templer is up 4 lbs for that effort but if he can come on for the run then he should go close in this. The extra yardage should be within his range.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 2.55 Ayr - Millers Reef win @ 100/30 Bet365 Millers Reef has looked like a really good horse in its last 2 races for Keith Dalgleish. It won at Wetherby in December and was unfortunate to unseat last time out. It unseated on the flat around the bend when it got a bit too tight. It looked to be travelling really well in comparison to the others and I feel he would've had a really good chance if he had stayed up. The horse is dropped in trip this time which should be fine as it has won over this distance before and has a jockey that is taking 3lb off so the horse looks to have a lot in his favour and should have a good chance as long as he can get round in one piece.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb Lucy Alexander makes the trip to Ayr for just the three rides and i like her chances in the second last, the 10 year old grey gelding won here at Ayr 2nd of Jan but was in the hands of Kit, today's going ''if they run'' will surely be testing and our fella wont mind that one little bit, if Lucy can keep out of trouble and get a nice toe along behind a front runner she could get involved near the business end, its a nice prize for first place and i wish her all the luck in the world. Be Lucky with a safe round. ?16:30 - Ayr Wicklow Lad. 1pt Win Bet @ 5/1 Bet365 ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb Southwell 3.05 - Apostle (1pts win 6/1 Bet365) Has started 2014 in fine form winning at Wolverhampton and then only going down by a length and a half lto at Lingfield. You have to take it on trust however that he will handle fibresand and it is a gamble but if he does then 6/1 seems a big price to me for a horse arriving in great nick and worth a go for me.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 1410 ayr 1pt win layla joan 11/10 paddy unbeaten 6 year mare is a course and distance winner on similiar ground conditions should run a big race today with everything just about in her favour,ap mccoy takes the ride for the first time and he should be able to keep her unbeaten record intact,mccoy has a win rate of 37% strike rate at ayr in last 12 months,and trainer gordon elliot has only had 2 runners at this course in last year with only the one winner

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 150 Ayr: Stonebrook 5/4 SJ One from my list of horses to follow Stonebrook was third at Punchestown and then moved to the McCains. Not long after JP McManus got involved and AP rode him for the first time at Wetherby last month. It was a strange ride but and never got going until it was too late and finished third to Tiqris. Obviously a sighter and now should push on and show us how good he is today.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 16.30 Ayr: Gansey @ 4/1 VC Should go close here today dropping in class after a very strong second place in a hot class 2 Handicap Chase at Haydock six weeks ago. He gets his soft ground today and is four from twelve over the 2m4f trip. He's on a long losing run but he's the class act in this field and today might be the day he finally gets his head in front when it matters again.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb Sou 1.30 - Gebayl - EW at 16/1 wm hill A very poor handicap My selection won his maiden over CD last year and has a record of 22215 at the track The '5' was last time out coming back from a break and being up with the pace until fading in the finish. Hopefully he'll have come on a bit now and will run to the line His mark has dropped from the 60s to 54 (he's still topweight here !)......and he should be capable of winning off this mark looking at some of his previous handicap runs So......in a poor race my angle is a horse having a second run back from a break with a decent course record behind him

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb

Southwell 1:30 I think Roxy Lane looks a big and backable price to land this first at Southwell tomorrow. This horse ran in a good Nottingham maiden on turf on debut last June and followed that up with a good 4th at 66/1 in a good Windsor maiden. The winner of that race Close At Hand of the John Gosden yard has gone on to run well in Listed company since and this is a Class 6 at Southwell tomorrow. This mare had a bit of money for her last time out on all-weather debut at Kempton and although she finished completely tailed off she had a bad draw in 11 and is better drawn tomorrow. They are also dropping her down in trip to 6 furlongs and if she can progress on some of her turf form of last year she could be able to land this. Roxy Lane WIN @ 16/1 Bet365
My main bet of the day, shame what happened with Roxy Lane! :wall Hope everyone's ok though!

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb

Shocking fall!! :sadHope they are all ok.
According to Racing Post:
Mark Coumbe has been taken to the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham following his fall from Gebayl, and was conscious when loaded in the ambulance. Gebayl was also reported to be okay, having bled. There will be a delay to racing at Southwell... William Carson also fell from Roxy Lane, though horse and jockey appear unharmed.
:)

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 2.35 Southwell - Plunder - 1pt win 9/2 Ladbrokes BOG I'd personally make Plunder a tad closer to Arabian Flight in the betting. He showed some improvement fitted with a hood and blinkers last time and is interesting on his fibresand debut. He won a class five handicap at Wolverhampton when the ground was slower, like Southwell is and his front running style should suit if he adapts to the surface.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th Feb 3 winners so far; Rade 7/2 Corky 5/4 BH 5/4 :ok Still To Run;

4.40 Southwell Poor card and hard to find anything and certainly nothing at fancy prices for me! Grandad Mac has been in good form on this surface this winter having won 3 times, on recent runs he looks high enough in the handicap, only scraped home on last win and a 5lb rise looks to have halted the progression. Monzino slowly working down to last winning mark but impossible to back on current form but he is quirky and does often pop up at a huge price and is far from a punters friend. Fire In Babylon is another in good form this winter with 3 wins including 1 here, this would require a career best effort although is unexposed on this surface so may have more to offer yet. Samoset suddenly came to form in a course amateur handicap under Simon Walker that wasn’t much of a race and this will be tougher under a 6lb penalty but not without a chance. Light The City should be hard to beat today, Ruth Carr has got this gelding revitalised by running him over hurdles recently and he has made into a reasonable sort over hurdles last winning off a mark of 104, before winning off a basement mark last time out around here, again not a strong race but he is clearly in good fettle and still dangerously well handicapped and does go well here. Despite small price still looks value wouldn’t be surprised if he goes off odds on. 1pt win Light The City 11/8 Hills
5.00 pm - The Unsub win 9/2 betvictor Debutant from Elliot but has a decent bumper sire in overbury whos progency do well in soft. Elliot never had a bumper at Ayr but has had winners under both codes. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2