February 10 - February 16

Re: February 10 - February 16 Back Tomas Berdych (-2.5) to beat Marin Cilic for a 7/10 stake at 1.87 with BetVictor Cilic did beat Igor Sijsling quite easily in the end, but it seemed to me that he was starting to run out of steam in that match, so I think that Berdych will be able to stop him today. The Czech has been in fine form so far, after all, beating Ernests Gulbis with minimal fuss on Saturday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-cilic-betting-tomas-berdych-looks-value-to-capture-the-title-in-rotterdam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: February 10 - February 16 Back Fabio Fognini to beat David Ferrer for a 4/10 stake at 3.50 with Bet365 Fognini is in the form of his life, so why not really? He will need to keep the points short today - but, if he does, I think that he will have every chance of winning the title in Buenos Aires. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fognini-vs-ferrer-betting-fabio-fognini-to-get-his-first-victory-over-david-ferrer

Re: February 10 - February 16 i'm taking a strong look at Karlovic +2.5 in the Memphis final. the big disparity in height (nishikori short, karlovic tall) along with Ivo's powerful serve might be something that gives Kei extreme difficulty. My favorite thing about this wager, is if Nishikori wins 7-6,7-6, is still a winner

Re: February 10 - February 16

Have been watching quite a few matches from ATP Memphis this week and boy you just gotta admire this Michael Russell. Guy is like what, 36 years old but still runs like a rabbit and fights like a lion. Such an inspiration, many of the younger generation players would have a lot to learn from him. Then you have guys like Lacko, Young or Vesely who, in this tournament at least, just totally gave up when either having lost a lead or being down a set. Russell on the other hand was down 3-6, 0-3 against Przysiezny but fought his way back to win the match. Today versus Hewitt he was a break up two times in the second set and served for the match at 5-4 - only to be broken. Then had a *6-4 on tiebreak but blew it. However, he didn't let the choke affect him, kept his cool and took the tiebreak 8-6. As CzechPunter put it, this guy plays his heart out everytime he steps on court. So my point is, always take the players mentality into account when betting the handicaps. This might be old news for the veteran punters here, but some less experienced guys could use the information. And that's why we are here for - to share information, right? :)
Another Russell story :) He was down 0-6 1-4* (double break down in 2nd set) last year against Kuznetsov at Maui, nothing was going for him, but he fought hard and managed to squeeze out a break of serve, from that point on everything changed and Russell ended up winning 0-6 7-5 6-3. I would add Berlocq and Dodig in the same group as Russell and Ferrer. They can lose, play badly, but it's never due to lack of effort.