** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Tuesday 4th February

Lodge

3.00 - Lingfield - Ask The Guru 1pt @ 12/1 Bet365 Ask The Guru isn't an obvious form choice but if a short break has rekindled some of the ability he showed as a 2yo he'd be very hard to beat tomorrow. He hasn't won since his debut in 2012, but atleast now finds himself in modest class 5 company, having been rated 87 around 9 months ago. He's been more miss than hit over that time, and his best effort probably came over C&D when 4th to Silly Billy lto. The winner hasn't really fired since but the other 3 horses around him have all won since and have been going the right way up the handicap. He runs off a mark of 69 which shouldn't be beyond him when he puts it all together. Jim Crowley rides which is a big positive, as he's one of my favourite AW jockeys (surprised not to see him off Drawnfromthepast) I feel that the favourite is worth taking on returning to a handicap and the likes of Mossgo and Roys Legacy might find this abit tougher than the class 6 races they have been running in... I'll probably regret going against Drawnfromthepast, I've backed him on his last 2 C&D starts and he's been very close to winning but I'm abit weary of following horses off of a cliff so to speak. Either way, Ask The Guru is too big at 12/1 in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 15.30 Lingfield: While You Wait @ 5/2 Bet365 While You Wait ran an absolute cracker in a claimer recently on his first start after a two month long break. He had a huge disadvantage on the huge to the eventual winner and long odds on favourite La Estrella but came with a big run on the outside from 2f out and seemed to have the race on his mercy, but the jockey seemed a bit too confident and just asked While You Wait too late for everything, while La Estrella by a neck in the end. He clearly gets the 2m trip though and he showed a fine performance over course and distance off a similar mark back in November when he finished 2nd. That day he travelled like a dream, but the eventual winner got first run from the front which made the difference. They pulled clear a long way from the rest of the field and this form looks good. I expect him really to score tomorrow as he also has still not too many miles on the clock and it doesn't take too much to win this race.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February

15.30 Lingfield: While You Wait @ 5/2 Bet365 While You Wait ran an absolute cracker in a claimer recently on his first start after a two month long break. He had a huge disadvantage on the huge to the eventual winner and long odds on favourite La Estrella but came with a big run on the outside from 2f out and seemed to have the race on his mercy, but the jockey seemed a bit too confident and just asked While You Wait too late for everything, while La Estrella by a neck in the end. He clearly gets the 2m trip though and he showed a fine performance over course and distance off a similar mark back in November when he finished 2nd. That day he travelled like a dream, but the eventual winner got first run from the front which made the difference. They pulled clear a long way from the rest of the field and this form looks good. I expect him really to score tomorrow as he also has still not too many miles on the clock and it doesn't take too much to win this race.
10/3 available with Paddy Power...

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February Just the sole ride for my pal Sir William Twiston Davies, he had a winner yesterday and it can ''sometimes'' pay when he only has the one runner, his ride has only had the 5 runs with zero wins and is trained by Mr David Bridgwater, another small point is its also Mr Bridgwater's sole runner on the card, its tough to make any assessment on the 5yr old mare as she has been off the track almost 200 days, any market support could give us a clue. ?14:10 Southwell - Danisa. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 12/1 Betfred

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 1.30 Lingfield - True Spirit 1pt win @ 6/1 Bet365 True Spirit got his first win last time out at Wolves over 7f but he didn't have much to spare at the line with plenty close up at the finish. That being said I do think he stayed on well that day and was getting on top near the line. I think the step up to 1m here will suit him. Sean Levey keeps the ride and this horse is well drawn in 3. This horse is pretty unexposed on the all weather but he is bred to do well on the surface. I'll take a chance on him winning what is a very competitive race.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February M3.50 Taffy Thomas 1pt Win 5/1 Bet365 This jockey has been on board for all 3 of the horses wins and the horse certainly needs encouragement sometimes in its races and Tom O'Brien is a great jockey in such situations. The horse is also 2 from 2 at the track and is one of only 2 c&d winners in the field. The horse has also been given a chance by the handicapper since it is now 6lb lower than its last winning mark which looks really generous now that the horse returns to arguably its optimum conditions.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February Lingfield 1:30 Very tricky opener here at Lingfield tomorrow in a very competitive contest and I have risked a bet on the Pat Phelan trained Countess Lovelace. This is a class 6 contest so it won't take much winning and in races like this it can pay to look for the younger unexposed horse that has a bit of potential improvement rather than a horse that has been running at this level for years. This horse is only a 4 year old so has time on her side and now runs off a career-low mark of 57 following what I feel was a decent run over course and distance last time out. She finished 5th to Run It Twice at 25/1 but traded a good bit shorter in running and was not beat all that far, so the 3 pound drop in the weights should help a lot. It is also worth mentioning that she had a bad draw that day in Stall 12, the first four home were in Stalls 1-4 amazingly. She is in Stall 12 yet again tomorrow which probably reflects the price but if she can get into a good early position I think she has every chance. She finished 2nd here at Lingfield over 1m2f in a Class 5 maiden on her second career start which is also encouraging. Countess Lovelace WIN @ 20/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 4.40 Southwell Back on Bailey's ew 14/1 bet365 Dwyer has a decent record in 3yo handicaps with s/r of 7/21 and this one was beaten 4.5L on previous run at course when prominent then weakened , that was in a 2yo nursery off 57 over CD and race worked out well enough and has had hit and miss performances on the Aw , only decent handicap performance was off 53 when btn a length so could have a decent rating off 48 tomorrow. Curtis never had a ride for Dwyer but rides course well enough Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February Lingfield 4.00 - Intomist (1pts win 6/1 Bet365) Did manage to land a hat trick at this course last year and although there hasn't been a win for a while his last run here where he finished 2nd hopefully signaled a return to form and races off the same mark and sneaks in at the bottom of the weights today and although it's 6lbs higher then his last winning mark I feel a similar run to his last would see him in the mix today.

Lingfield 1:30 Very tricky opener here at Lingfield tomorrow in a very competitive contest and I have risked a bet on the Pat Phelan trained Countess Lovelace. This is a class 6 contest so it won't take much winning and in races like this it can pay to look for the younger unexposed horse that has a bit of potential improvement rather than a horse that has been running at this level for years. This horse is only a 4 year old so has time on her side and now runs off a career-low mark of 57 following what I feel was a decent run over course and distance last time out. She finished 5th to Run It Twice at 25/1 but traded a good bit shorter in running and was not beat all that far, so the 3 pound drop in the weights should help a lot. It is also worth mentioning that she had a bad draw that day in Stall 12, the first four home were in Stalls 1-4 amazingly. She is in Stall 12 yet again tomorrow which probably reflects the price but if she can get into a good early position I think she has every chance. She finished 2nd here at Lingfield over 1m2f in a Class 5 maiden on her second career start which is also encouraging. Countess Lovelace WIN @ 20/1 Bet365
Non Runner again BH, sorry. Lingfield 1:30 The other horse in this race that I thought was overpriced is the Roger Curtis trained Claude Greenwood. This horse won a turf race at Leicester in very easy fashion on heavy ground back in May and he only had his first all-weather run for the new yard over course and distance last time out. Now he finished 7th which on first glance may look poor but if you look at the race you will see he was not beat far at all. He was a 33/1 shot on the day and he only finished less than 2 lengths behind the winner Nubar Boy. He has been dropped a pound in the weights and now a 7 pound claimer Ned Curtis hops on board so he is effectively 8 pounds lower here and 16/1 is too big. Claude Greenwood WIN @ 16/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 2.50 Market Rasen GAELIC WARRIOR @ 7/1 Stan James BOG .5ew Relatively unexposed for a 7yo and all his runs have been at southern tracks so interesting that he comes up north for his hcap debut. Trainer also has a 6-18 record at the track. Upped in trip for hcap debut which could bring out the improvement needed to win this. Brennan takes the ride again today after being on for his best efforts in novice events. Should go close today.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 420 Market Rasen: Classinaglass 11/10 BetVictor Formerly trained in the name of David Easterby and now officially by his wife Stephanie, Classinaglass is a multiple point winner in Yorkshire and won when last seen at Sheriff Hutton. That day he beat Special Portrait by just over 3 lengths and that form looks good enough here. Classinaglass is hoping to run at Cheltenham in the Fox Hunters where he is a 33/1 shot at the moment so needs to be winning small races like this if those dreams are to be realised.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 4.20 Market Rasen Classinaglass Evs Paddy Power BOG I can't really add much more to what BH has written except to say that he has the best form by quite a way and is progressive where a lot of the opposition are on the wain. On that basis alone you would expect him to win easily. 1 Point win for nap purposes Classinaglass Evs Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February MR 2.20 - Spookydooky - ew at 12/1 bog betvictor Just 8 runners here and my horse is 4th fave Jonjo/AP runner who has shown talent by winning an Irish point and finishing 5th in a decent nvice hurdle at Chepstow and 4th behind The Liquidator at Carlisle Ran a bit of a shocker last time here at MR where he made jumping errors and got well behind before staying on again late. Even though he was beaten 48L the Post saw fit to call it an 'eyecatching' run...... Extra couple of furlongs today should suit I've missed the price again as he was bigger this morning.........you've got to post early before the bookies start cramping the EW market !

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 2.50 Market Rasen - Grate Fella win @11/4 Betvictor I had this horse on here last time out when it won on the 1st of Jan. It won fairly well and the extra furlong should suit this horse as it looked like it could've gone a bit further with ease. Sue Smith is still in decent form with a winner on Saturday and the same can be said for the jockey, Ryan Mania, who had 2 winners yesterday. The non-runners work to this horses advantage as Last Shadow looked like a big threat. Saffron Wells does have a solid chance but it has yet to win and today is its first race in a handicap but it would be no surprise if it came in. However Grate Fella should have this if it can run to the same level as it did last time out.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 1620 market rasen 1pt win classinaglass 10/11bet365 seems a popular selection today 7 year old gelding has numerous entries in the next couple of days, and im glad he is running today,as a good showing will make him certain to for the foxhunters chase at the festival,he has won his 3 point to points, the last only 23 days ago

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 4th February 16:30 Ling Officer Drivel - Will have definitely needed last run. Lost a 1lb for it and dropping to a 0-70. Claimer George Downing isn't the most prolific claimers but Officer Drivel RPR is joint highest for course. Odds of 25/1 looks fair in this 7 horse race. 0.5EW 25/1

No luck today, especially for Boulder! always tomorrow:ok
It was worse than bad luck as well BH ! It was the 3rd part of a multi bet where the first 2 won at 7/1 and 4/1. This one traded at around 1.6 and leg 4 went down by a short margin having traded at around 1.6 again - think I may have broken a mirror or something recently.:\ Needing Tom Lewis or Ryan Palmer to win one of the golf tourneys at the weekend now to land a decent treble, but at 100/1 and 40/1 respectively, I think this one might have slipped away today (or they could of course lose in a play-off to rub it in !) :)