Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st

Aidymac

Re: Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st Everton V Aston Villa Aston Villa +1.5 @ 4/6 (Pinnacle) > 2 Units Price on Villa has shortened somewhat since the midweek results but it's an interesting game this weekend at Goodison. The fact that Everton got thumped 4-0 at Anfield midweek is neither here nor there for me as such a beating could just as easily galvanise a strong response rather than crush the grand old team's spirit. Similarly Villa have just had a nice win over rivals WBA but we can see Paul Lambert's side is still suffering from defensive issues, particularly from wide areas. This is a potential concern for my selection as Everton are usually strong with their offensive flank play so Lowton and Bertrand will have to be on their game this Saturday. On the flip side we know that Everton love to press high into their opponents half, a strategy which has yielded many great victories for Martinez this season but the Liverpool match was definately a harsh warning for the blue half of Merseyside. Everton were caught high up the pitch on many occasions at Anfield midweek and ultimately it cost them, it's been on the cards for a while now and I'm suprised it's taken until January for opposition teams to exploit Everton's high pressing. Villa are always better away from home under Lambert with his German school of counternomics mentality and strategically speaking, Everton away is potentially a decent fixture for this Villa side. We can see Everton are starting to suffer from one or two injury problems at present and the loss of Lukaku will definately dampen their forward threat. Ross Barkley and Seamus Coleman are both nursing minor knocks and at least one of them may return for the Villa game but Everton do seem a bit more human at this momment in time compared to their invincible exploits in the first half of the campaign. Despite their price shortening I still feel Villa are worth a shot here, their price is pretty big when you consider Lukaku's absence. Everton can indeed bounce back and win this game but with Villa dangerous on the counter I think this game will be an interesting battle and one that the home side might not be able to emerge victorious with margin to spare.

Re: Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st i`ve been betting on everton this season , but comon bookies @ 1.44 at home ? coleman ... distin....gerard...lukaky ...out and few players in for minor knocks and bruises ... mental ones as well ... and then there is villa... on fire in last two games, getting their mojo and believe back @ 7.50 ?! not so long ago they lost to sunderland with stronger XI. taking it now before it`s shortens... made two small bets... as two games at 3 o`clock and i am afraid to go big on cardiff at home @ 2.20 too big, but i like the price , i`ll just combine those two...villa and cardiff double @ 16.5 with paddypower, price for a fags... and single astonvilla/astonvilla as ht/ft @ 14 with paddypower , price for a fags... trying to quit here :D

Re: Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st Everton started the season great but now with the whole bunch of injured players their are starting to lose speed.Last time they were destroyed in Liverpool who showed them who is the real king of Merseyside.Aston Villa are baning goals for fun scoring 8 in 3 games.Last 4 meetings between those two at Goodison Park have all ended in a draw.The value is certainly in the draw or even in the AW.I think the home team will be glad not to lose with all those absences.We saw that verton cannot defend well with Distin missing and given that Villa are free scoring for the moment i think The Toffees will concede for sure.Now they ar at home and they will attack for sure so if WBA could score 3 Everton should hit the target a few times.Given their H2H games and the current situation draw suits both teams and i am happy to take @ 4.33 with bet365

Re: Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st Romelu Lukaku has been ruled out for several weeks and fellow on-loan striker Lacina Traore is at least 10 days away from being fit. Steven Naismith or Kevin Mirallas are the two likely options vying for the centre-forward role. Defenders Seamus Coleman and Sylvain Distin, and forward Gerard Deulofeu (all hamstring) will not be ready to return for another week. Paul Lambert will assess striker Gabriel Agbonlahor's fitness ahead of Villa's trip to Goodison Park.

Re: Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st Villa have to be way too long at 8.5 considering their away record. Everton have generally been superb at home this season, but Villa don't lose many away, and the odds just look too long to me, whether you take Villa on the straight win or some sort of handicap.

Re: Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st It is the games where everybody lines up to take the dog where the favorite surprises everybody. Seriously...just asking here...but when was the last time you saw a high-priced dog that everybody sees as the value pick actually win? Last time I recall this was, what, Liverpool at Stoke, similar odds, where everybody came up with 10 reasons why Stoke were value, and they lost 3-5? The ones that win are, like, Sunderland at Everton (0-1, @ 10.6). I maintain that if five people say they can't see past an Everton win, that's the time to back Villa. If five say they see value in Villa, Everton will find a way to win. Basic betting 101: The public is always wrong. Seattle will win the Super Bowl. :p

Re: Everton v Aston Villa > Saturday February 1st

It is the games where everybody lines up to take the dog where the favorite surprises everybody. Seriously...just asking here...but when was the last time you saw a high-priced dog that everybody sees as the value pick actually win? Last time I recall this was, what, Liverpool at Stoke, similar odds, where everybody came up with 10 reasons why Stoke were value, and they lost 3-5? The ones that win are, like, Sunderland at Everton (0-1, @ 10.6). I maintain that if five people say they can't see past an Everton win, that's the time to back Villa. If five say they see value in Villa, Everton will find a way to win. Basic betting 101: The public is always wrong. Seattle will win the Super Bowl. :p
You do make a great point att :)

Aston Villa +1.5 @ 4/6 (Pinnacle) > 2 Units
Took exactly the right AH line here which is pleasing, with Villa leading at HT I was regretting not taking the +1 line but it was a decent comeback from Everton - fair play to them. Last 15 mins of this game was not relaxing, if Charlie Nicholas had shouted goal one more time in that gruff Scottish accent of his I would have put my foot through the television screen.

i`ve been betting on everton this season ' date=' but comon bookies @ 1.44 at home ? coleman ... distin....gerard...lukaky ...out and few players in for minor knocks and bruises ... mental ones as well ... and then there is villa... on fire in last two games, getting their mojo and believe back @ 7.50 ?! not so long ago they lost to sunderland with stronger XI. taking it now before it`s shortens... made two small bets... as two games at 3 o`clock and i am afraid to go big on cardiff at home @ 2.20 too big, but i like the price , i`ll just combine those two...[b']villa and cardiff double @ 16.5 with paddypower, price for a fags... and single astonvilla/astonvilla as ht/ft @ 14 with paddypower , price for a fags... trying to quit here :D
god dammit ... was waiting for last ten minutes to back up my bet on everton +1 as cardiff was winning... and bang ! ahh well, no fags no pub on sunday :D

It is the games where everybody lines up to take the dog where the favorite surprises everybody. Seriously...just asking here...but when was the last time you saw a high-priced dog that everybody sees as the value pick actually win? Last time I recall this was, what, Liverpool at Stoke, similar odds, where everybody came up with 10 reasons why Stoke were value, and they lost 3-5? The ones that win are, like, Sunderland at Everton (0-1, @ 10.6). I maintain that if five people say they can't see past an Everton win, that's the time to back Villa. If five say they see value in Villa, Everton will find a way to win. Basic betting 101: The public is always wrong. Seattle will win the Super Bowl. :p
Anybody have Denver here? :loon