Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup I like Bobs Worth too. Had my money on him last year. The one ante-post bet I've had so far is a small amount each way on The Giant Bolster. 20/1 just seemed too big a price to me given his Cheltenham form over the past couple of years. 2nd to Synchronised in 2012 plus he won the Argento this year.

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup Gold Cup this year is one horse race Bobs Worth sticks out like a sore thumb and at 7/4 I would get on soon. He will be nearer evs on the day. The Giant Bolster has great e/w claims at around 16/1 and I would put him in for the forecast. Captain Chris can't go left handed, Al Ferof won't run and Silivinacio Conti won't beta Bobs Worth up the Cheltenham hill.

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup

Gold Cup this year is one horse race Bobs Worth sticks out like a sore thumb and at 7/4 I would get on soon. He will be nearer evs on the day. The Giant Bolster has great e/w claims at around 16/1 and I would put him in for the forecast. Captain Chris can't go left handed' date=' Al Ferof won't run and Silivinacio Conti won't beta Bobs Worth up the Cheltenham hill.[/quote'] You forgot Last Instalment?

Gold Cup this year is one horse race Bobs Worth sticks out like a sore thumb and at 7/4 I would get on soon. He will be nearer evs on the day. The Giant Bolster has great e/w claims at around 16/1 and I would put him in for the forecast. Captain Chris can't go left handed' date=' Al Ferof won't run and Silivinacio Conti won't beta Bobs Worth up the Cheltenham hill.[/quote']Bobs Worth must have a great chance, no argument.not so sure he will shorten in price. going wont be anywhere near as bad as in the past. all opinion but will he be able to claw them back up the hill this year with the faster going. maybe he will but that question alone makes me think he wont start a red hot favourite, got to be honest I wouldn't put money on it though. Backed Conti last year EW myself and very happy with 10/1.

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup There's still a bit of me that wonders if he'll run despite being cleared, but my belief in Last Instalment grows by the day. From those inside racing, if I recall correctly it was Davy Russell that suggested he was clearly better than Sir Des Champs, and AP has got behind him too. A potential improver, who shown his best novice form on better ground than his Hennessy win. In a Gold Cup where the form is pretty well known and being increasingly billed as a match race between Bobs Worth and Silviniaco Conti, this one feels like he could be the unexposed usurper he race so badly needs.

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup Cheltenham 3:20 - Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase(Grade 1) (1) 3m2f 110yds I have said that I would stay away from the favourites at Cheltenham all week and try look for some each-way value and I genuinely feel Lord Windermere is a big price here at 33/1. He has only ever had one run here at Cheltenham and what a run that was when he stayed on gamely to win the RSA Chase last year. This is obviously a lot tougher but he is going to get the trip and Davy Russell gets on well with the horse. He ran too bad to be true last time out in the Irish Hennessy but I am expecting a big run here coming back to Cheltenham, a course he clearly enjoys. LORD WINDERMERE - 1 Point each-way @ 33/1 Coral Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/cheltenham-gold-cup-preview-lord-windermere-can-place-with-a-repeat-of-the-rsa-run

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup My bets are on ap, first lieutenant and Katenko ( already in the bin ). Will be place laying Bobs and Conti for reasons given on my ante post thread. Putting FL in exactas and trifectas with Teaforthree and Lord Windermere, reasons given on my thread.

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup He was very unlucky falling last year but was going along just nice, different pilot this year and if he stays on his feet and gets a clear round he must have a major chance, when the business part kicks in and if he's still on the premisses he might just have more in the tank than a few will give him credit for, Mr Nicholls has always said this is his best chance of a winner, who are we to doubt him, he'll be absolutely at peak fitness today and given a clear round should put the record straight, he's a class act and this race has always been the plan. ?Silviniaco Conti - is your 2014 Gold Cup Winner.

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup Im still siding with Bobs Worth for this and whilst I can only get a tenner on I will be taking the WH offer of 4/1 (from 10am). I do like the look of Last Installment though and I dont see any issues with the ground. I like the way he jumps and travels through his races and I also like the way he gets his head down and scraps. I will take the 5/1 from BetVictor in the w/out Bobs Worth market which I think is a cracking price!

Re: Friday 3:20 > Cheltenham Gold Cup I really don't fancy anything in this race. You can't knock Bob's Worth, i just don't see the point in backing him at 13/8 or whatever he is, for all he'll probably win. I love Silviniaco Conti, backed him in the King George but the form of the Nicholls horses this week must be a big worry and i'll avoid him for that reason alone, even though i'd like to see him win. The fact they've been undecided about whether running Last Instalment on the ground puts me off straight away. Did show good form last time though... Then theres Triolo D'Alene, would have to improve a lot to win this but was impressive winner of the Hennessey on good ground. Not been seen since which would be a slight worry and this could be abit of an after-thought as the Grand National looked to be main target. No Cheltenham form but does at least have McCoy in the saddle. I personally don't think any of the others are good enough, unless one of them can find 15lb+ from somewhere... I reckon i'd have probably chanced my arm with Triolo if he was 25/1 or something. Corals do go 9/1 without Bob's Worth so maybe i'll take that for abit of interest

Cheltenham 3:20 - Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase(Grade 1) (1) 3m2f 110yds I have said that I would stay away from the favourites at Cheltenham all week and try look for some each-way value and I genuinely feel Lord Windermere is a big price here at 33/1. He has only ever had one run here at Cheltenham and what a run that was when he stayed on gamely to win the RSA Chase last year. This is obviously a lot tougher but he is going to get the trip and Davy Russell gets on well with the horse. He ran too bad to be true last time out in the Irish Hennessy but I am expecting a big run here coming back to Cheltenham, a course he clearly enjoys. LORD WINDERMERE - 1 Point each-way @ 33/1 Coral Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/cheltenham-gold-cup-preview-lord-windermere-can-place-with-a-repeat-of-the-rsa-run
Great call. Glad I followed you on this :)