Wsop 2005

Jezza

Anyone else wanting to play in this this year? Almost all the major sites have the qualifiers going now and I think I am going to give it a concerted effort for a month or two to see if I can get a seat in the 10,000 NL hold em championship event.....the experience would just be fantastic. Problem is I dunno who to try and qualify with! All the sites want you to qualify thru them so they get the free advertising if you get on TV over there and so they all have different "bonus extras" to tempt you into their qualifers over others. Some give you a free entry into another WSOP event, some pay your flights out of their own pocket and not the prize pool....some chuck in a seat or two for free in the final qualifiers...WHO KNOWS!! Anyone going to give this a shot this year as well or who has any idea what the best qualification deal out there is? Jez

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wsop 2005 I think you should cetainly go for it jezza. I have played in a few of the qualifiers on Betfair and PP. But only in the cheap buyins to be honest. i am going to play a few cash games over next few weeks to see if I can build account up then ill take a look. keep us posted in the "whose playing now thread" when playing I might just come and join you.

Re: Wsop 2005 I played a 10$ qualifier on betfair about 3 weeks ago and qualified for their Bi-weekly final. On the final though it was only six qualifiers from about 450 entries and I got knocked out early on (through bad play on my part it has to be said). It felt a bit too much like a lottery rather than a competition for a big event. I think it would have been fairer to have this 150$ comp as a semi and then a higher value buy in as a final. I haven't seen any other sites with qualifiers yet to compare it with.

Re: Wsop 2005 Well i am the break of the $20 sat for the WSOP $1000 buy in early tomorrow morning. I have got 19458 chips. The leader has 26,283 chips. i am in 4th place. Only 3 qualify and there are 30 people left. Be nice to qualify even if it does start at 0300 hours. Wish me luck.:hope

Re: Wsop 2005 staffordrangersfan: Remember to keep account on what you use, when you try to qulifie.. Maybe you find out its cheaper to just pay the 10K$ next year. :lol / cains Good luck to all of you.. I will be cheering on you if i spot you.. I will not give it go, as im not good enough i think.. So will wait till next year.

Re: Wsop 2005 Playit / BAW also has this.. 1 tour any evening through april at 19,30GMT Friday there was 15 places out of 65, to the final that is played on 30 april.. problably thousens players that night, fighting for 1 place to WSOP.. / cains

• 3 weeks later...