** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Ligue 1 Orange > January 17th - 19th

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 17th - 19th Psychology of a mass does wonder :). This forum reminds me very much of the mentality of my people (Serbian). When things go well everybody does the tapping by the shoulder, but as soon as something goes wrong everybody races who will be the first to drown the guy deep in the mud. We have a guy here who every week brings twenty great previews of Ligue 1 and 2 (just to write that amount of useful info should be enough to put a statue) and of top of that suggest very useful picks. People expect wonders, nobody can hit every single pick, but to come here with a story "even I can hit Real + Barca" is really rude. Anyway, thanks to Meatman, and a wish for a bad streak (happens to everyone) to ends as soon as posibble. Cheers!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 17th - 19th True, but there is a pretty logical reason why people follow meatman because he knows a lot about this league and shares info others dont know. His picks are often quite precise and ofcourse every punter looses bets thats normal. But i just cant stand people who are so negative a after a bet lost while they never share any thoughts. Thats way to easy and all Im saying that meatman deserves way more than those reaction. No one is perfect, obviously but he atleast takes the time and effort to share picks and thoughts with good arguments whether his bets win or loose its still your own choice to place money on it. And I think it is always wise to also do your own homework and view on the game. I often take bets in this league an I compare them to meatman and some other french tipsters to pull the trigger.

Same story here weekend after weekend... when Meatman wins everyone comes here to congratulate him and say he is the best, when he losses everybody is yet again here to complain what a poor tipster he is. Seriously all of you who are here blaming him should get a lifetime ban on the forums! This is a FREE forum, remember it - FREE forum where everyone is welcome to share picks and opinions. Meatman is giving every week here fantastic previews on almost all games of french football with so many insight information that even the paid services do not have and so many of you are still not happy. If you are planning to build a fortune by betting in a day, week or a month, you should quit now or search for a different place to offer you this. It is not important if you win or lose this weekend but to have a positive Roi in the long run so get with it - by betting you should be ready to lose - sometimes more sometimes less. The poor fact tthat Meatman is sharing his picks here is enough to salute him and give a decent respect - especially those of you who are only here to read and never contributing. You have your head on your shoulders and are free to make your own decisions: do not read only the last line of the preview with the pick - read the whole of it, make your own research and decide on your own whether you agree or not and dont bet blindly. Ah and yeah - congratulations to the one who said value is with Levante - it indeed was. Have fun spending the units won on Real and Barca :)

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 17th - 19th And for the Record guys, Monaco won their game and PSG probably will win too [they are leading]. 2 picks without a preview won too:D I have no doubts luck will be on our side again within a few weeks. Just keep on chasing the value and do your research, bookies live from all the donkeys out there. We are here together as a community trying to beat them with good picks based on great research. Many say this is a hard league to predict but I do think that after 6 months we have some favorite teams to bet on home or away and that bookies dont adapt to this fact. We also found some teams who are just really unpredictable like Sochaux and Rennes. I think it is a good thing to drop those teams and to look closely to the teams who bring us great profit [almost] every week. Lorient, Bastia, OL Nice, Reims [except for the loss today] are really good home teams who still have great odds to bet on at their own ground. This will keep on going because they dont have the BIG name or BIG budget. Almost every year the same clubs hold the same records in the end. You often see that the home records of some clubs are great every year but away they really suck. This does not change every year it's a given fact. Especially the smaller clubs often keep the same squad [starting 11] except for 1 or 2 players. That's great for us, maybe if we just focus on a group of 5 or 6 teams we can make a lot of money overall. We didn't even look at OL Nice this round, probably because they were priced pretty poor and Ajaccio is fighting for survival but if we compare stats/form/quality/H2H the 2-0 home win was not a surprise at all! Odds of 1.50 but still it's profit. We often chase evens or better because it is value in the long run but some teams are just great at some points and their opponent is really bad than maybe it is not a bad thing to sometimes forget about value and just take the clear pick. Anyways, Cu next week.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 17th - 19th

I don't know what's so right with always searching for prices of 1.75 or above for a few units. This week I placed 100 units on Real and Barca to win which would generate a 46 unit profit. That's the way to go. :ok
Yeah, that's the way to go.

Yeah' date=' that's the way to go.[/quote'] Yeah, that's the way to go. Except the away fixtures against the sides in contention for the fourth place - Valencia, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Villareal and Athletic Bilbao and the fixtures after the international break when strange results are known to happen, Atletico Madrid, Barca and Real have won a stunning 37/40 fixtures. Surprisingly two of the results happened today - Barca at Levante and Atletico at home to Sevilla. Until today the number was 37/38 with the only exception Real Madrid 2-2 at Osasuna in December. No wonder Tata Martino said that 100 points may not be enough to win the title this season. :ok

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 17th - 19th Meatman probably played Nice, PSG -1.5 and Lorient and put the other matches for discussion in the forum. I seriously doubt he put real money on teams like Sochaux or Rennes or overs in a league that's notorious for being boring with few goals scored. He watches french football, he must know that Rennes play very bad football and placing a bet on them is pure speculation.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 17th - 19th Good job meatman on your previews. Results might not be what you/we expected, but you did a great job again on your write-ups. I wouldn't worry to much with all the complaints coming. If people are looking to invest their money into betting just becuz they looking forward into getting rich by it, it's their own fault. It's same as following or asking someone else into what business to invest your earnings. This is gambling after-all and bookies will always be the ones winning overall. If you people can't stand or didn't learn to lose on this game, then you should stay away from it and invest your money in something else. For me it's just a hobby. It involves money and of course I would be glad to win all the time, but I know before placing my bets that chances are to blow it up and lose. If some people can't find peace with themselves when they lose a bet then they should move on and find other hobbies. I myself, can't wait for Fridays to come just to read meatman's previews. It's the first thing I do on Friday mornings when I wake up and I'm happy with it. He does a great job on it and I value a lot all the write-ups and time he puts into it.

I don't know what's so right with always searching for prices of 1.75 or above for a few units. This week I placed 100 units on Real and Barca to win which would generate a 46 unit profit. That's the way to go. :ok
And this weekend would have generated a 100 unit loss :eek

And this weekend would have generated a 100 unit loss :eek
This week my treble on Real, Barca and Atletico lost. Gameweek 19: Espanyol - Real 2 won Gameweek 18: Malaga - Atletico 2, Barca - Elche -1.5, Real - Celta -1.5 won Gameweek 17: Atletico - Levante 1, Getafe - Barca 2 won Gameweek 16: Osasuna - Real 2, Barca - Villarreal 1, Atletico - Valencia 1 lost Gameweek 15: Elche - Atletico 2, Real - Valladolid -1.5 won Gameweek 14: skip - round after international fixtures Gameweek 13: Betis - Barcelona 2, Real - Real Sociedad 1 won So on until round 5 when I started, every gameweek is won except 12, 16 and 20, excluding the rounds after international fixtures when strange results are known to happen. As you see, playing with short odds can be more profitable. :ok