Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th

Aidymac

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th I lost 1 unit, going for the away win 0-2. Not too serious. I have 75 units already staked for this weeks games and counting. What an absolute S__t shower from United again. Just a quick note. They are desperate , and no team is going to sell them players at decent prices (NOW IN JANUARY or at the END OF THE SEASON)

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > Tuesday January 7th

2pts Sunderland to beat Man United 5.50 Bet365 Think this ones going to be a tight affair. I think 1-0 / 1-1. Sunderland look alot more solid with Poyet. In all comps at home with Poyet they have won 5, drawn 1 and lost just 3 against Chelsea, Tottenham & Villa. Villa aside that's top 10 form, not bottom of the league form. Last 4 they have let in just 3 goals combined. Man United last few away have been Okay. They are winning but never with any conviction it seems. These two played in the league at Sunderland and Man United won 2-1 thanks to 2 pieces of magic from Januzaj but Sunderland led 1-0 and they potential have O'Shea and Brown back and no doubt looking to prove a point to United as ex-players.
Good stuff. I'm a big West Ham fan and 20/1 tonight is ridiculous. I'm not quite brave enough to tip it though and if City get a goal before 30mins you will see a 4/5 nil no doubt. Roger Johnson will no doubt come straight into the team and hopefully Collins will be back. We rested alot of players against Forest and so we should have Downing, Cole, Diame, Morrison and Jarvis all avaliable in midfield. Wouldn't be surprised if you see the "no striker" tactic being used again tonight. My main bet will be the corner handicap. Jesus Navas gives them alot of width so that's a blow in terms of corner betting however I think we will try to shut them out and stick everyone behind the ball in and around the box which could force them out wide and I've heard Zabaleta could play and maybe Kolarov which will give them wing back width. I'm also going to take a couple of low stakes on the nil-nil and HT/FT as it's imperative we keep it tight early on and grow into the game. 4pts Man City [-4] corner handicap Vs West Ham EVES Skybet 2pts Draw/Man City 5.00 Betvictor 1pt No first goalscorer 29.00 BetVictor

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th westham purely coming here, just to get away with minimal damage, tight 10 man behind a ball and odd counterstrike for 1st leg. i don`t usually bet for clean sheets or no to btts , "as small something - ruins all"... but i fairly like to give a go for man city to win to nil @ 2 with paddy power, 9 % of my betting fund, and small fun bet , what could as well save my first bet... anytime own goal - yes @ 10 with paddypower, 1 % of my betting fund.. since man city will be pushing for 90 minutes to get advantage for 2nd leg and westham will be defending to save hope for 2nd leg, own goal @ 10 is possible + westham my get odd runaway or set piece what might result in man city own goal and save my bet :D

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th Have to to look at this in a pragmatic way. Allardyce is coming under heavy pressure and scrutiny. He's not going to be fired if he loses 5-0 at City as much better teams than West Ham have been slaughtered there before. There is talk in certain circles however, that if he loses away to Cardiff at the weekend, his head is on the chopping block. So you're Allardyce, most of your best players are injured and the best you have left were rested against Forest. Now do you reinstate your best available players to the starting 11 for a 2 legged semi final where you take on a vastly superior team and risk injury, fatigue and low morale for the trip to Wales? If I'm Big Sam Allardicci then all I care about is 3 points at Cardiff (which may or may not be more difficult now with Baby face's first home match - I think he had an excellent home record with Molde from memory) and get away from the bottom of the standings!!! SURVIVAL! I don't know maybe it's just me but when I'm fighting for survival and to keep my job, a league cup away at the Etihad is a bit of a joke when deep down everybody knows they ain't making the final. So I would throw teenagers on, get belted, and save the heavy artillery for the important battle. Lose away to Cardiff and then the atmosphere at the club gets real serious. Many here saying that they'll stick 10 behind the ball. Well this is what these City players are used to and have all the right tools to beat this tactic. In fact I believe it's their preferred way they'd like the visiting team to play as they can set up camp in the opposition half and get the crowd working for them. And if they manage to get an early one here they'll absolutely kill this tie off to allow focus on the bigger comps.

Roger Johnson will no doubt come straight into the team and hopefully Collins will be back.
For me this is the main reason why I fully see no doubt in Man City thrashing West Ham. As a Sheffield Wednesday fan (where Johnson has just finished on loan) I can say that Johnson is no where near the player he was when he played for Birmingham in the Premier League. His alcohol problems have got the better of him and he is a poor player even for a team like mine in the bottom half of the championship table. To go up against the best attacking team in the country could be very, very dangerous.

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th

' date=' and small fun bet , what could as well save my first bet... [b']anytime own goal - yes @ 10 with paddypower, 1 % of my betting fund.. since man city will be pushing for 90 minutes to get advantage for 2nd leg and westham will be defending to save hope for 2nd leg, own goal @ 10 is possible + westham my get odd runaway or set piece what might result in man city own goal and save my bet :D
I really, really like this call and I agree completely with your reasoning so I will be having small stakes on this too.

For me this is the main reason why I fully see no doubt in Man City thrashing West Ham. As a Sheffield Wednesday fan (where Johnson has just finished on loan) I can say that Johnson is no where near the player he was when he played for Birmingham in the Premier League. His alcohol problems have got the better of him and he is a poor player even for a team like mine in the bottom half of the championship table. To go up against the best attacking team in the country could be very' date=' very dangerous.[/quote'] Yeah, no doubt it will be tough for him but from our point of view we need a real CB at CB. Vs Arsenal we had four full backs in defence and that's the last thing you want against City. I think how early City score is key.

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th Man City to beat West Ham and both teams to score (19/10 Ladbrokes) West Ham have scored in four of their last five away games and Man City only have two clean sheets in five at Etihad. Seems like a decent way to find some better value on the home win as it is nigh on impossible to see Man City not winning the first leg.

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th Man City v West Ham - Under 2.5 Goals @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes) This is a damaged limitation job for West Ham, they should be a lot harder to break down then on sunday with a few players returning from injury and Roger Johnson signing on loan. The return of Noble should add a bit more bite to the midfield and i can't really see West Ham scoring if they play Cole up front on his own and hopefully the wet conditions might make it tougher for the hosts. An early goal obviously puts this bet seriously in doubt but at 9/4 i think it is good value

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th Man City are going to open up a large advantage here tonight. I can see it being at least 3-0. It could possibly be alot more. I'm willing to take the -2 as I cant see West Ham keeping Man City out. My main Bet here is to take Man City -2 on the Asian Handicap. I might be back later with more tips. Good Luck. Odds = 1.60 BetVictor (Large stakes)

Man City are going to open up a large advantage here tonight. I can see it being at least 3-0. It could possibly be alot more. I'm willing to take the -2 as I cant see West Ham keeping Man City out. My main Bet here is to take Man City -2 on the Asian Handicap. I might be back later with more tips. Good Luck. Odds = 1.60 BetVictor (Large stakes)
We need reasoning with your selections in future.

We need reasoning with your selections in future.
Reasoning isn't required here imo AidyBoy. Man City are too strong at home and everyone knows that, and they thrash everyone on their home patch. Looking at the team selection, I cannot see West Ham competing with this mate.. Here are the teams below: Man City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Nasri, Toure, Javi Garcia, Silva, Negredo, Dzeko. Subs: Hart, Milner, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Demichelis, Nastasic, Lopes. West Ham: Adrian, Demel, Johnson, McCartney, O'Brien, Joe Cole, Noble, Diame, Taylor, Downing, Maiga. Subs: Jarvis, Rat, Collison, Morrison, Diarra, Jaaskelainen, Carlton Cole.

That is all you had to say then, not difficult is it? Reasoning is required with every bet on this forum unless you want to use the Glory Hunters, even if it is a 1.01 shot.
I don't see the point mentioning how great City are mate. We all know the strengths and home form of City. Anyway if that snippet made you happy, then Im pleased to have contributed.

Man City are going to open up a large advantage here tonight. I can see it being at least 3-0. It could possibly be alot more. I'm willing to take the -2 as I cant see West Ham keeping Man City out. My main Bet here is to take Man City -2 on the Asian Handicap. I might be back later with more tips. Good Luck. Odds = 1.60 BetVictor (Large stakes)
Another great nights work for me and plenty of $$$$$$$$$$ to count after this round of Capital CUp action. BET OUTCOME: WIN

westham purely coming here' date=' just to get away with minimal damage, tight 10 man behind a ball and odd counterstrike for 1st leg. i don`t usually bet for clean sheets or no to btts , "as small something - ruins all"... but i fairly like to give a go for [b']man city to win to nil @ 2 with paddy power, 9 % of my betting fund, and small fun bet , what could as well save my first bet... anytime own goal - yes @ 10 with paddypower, 1 % of my betting fund.. since man city will be pushing for 90 minutes to get advantage for 2nd leg and westham will be defending to save hope for 2nd leg, own goal @ 10 is possible + westham my get odd runaway or set piece what might result in man city own goal and save my bet :D
all those goals and non of them OG !!! :D will be interesting to bet on 2nd leg now, wonder what first XI will be and what prices? maybe westham will be good call :)

Another great nights work for me and plenty of $$$$$$$$$$ to count after this round of Capital CUp action. BET OUTCOME: WIN
You will be banned within a month.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Can't see any appeal in the Man City handicap prices currently, Man City aren't going to beat every team they play at home 4-0 and they are a lot less effective in forward areas without Aguero, Dzeko and Negredo haven't proved they can play together so Pellegrini can't combine them like he does 1 of them and Aguero, therefore City are more reliant on Silva and Nasri to create and score. I expect Man City to win but 1.7 -2.0AH? Have to be mad to play that imo. I would wait in-play before playing anything, -1.5AH will stick about 1.45 or possibly a bit higher. Would you play that price in an EPL game? I don't think many would, I would want 1.75 at least. The odds are way out of line since the Forest game. Probably 2 or 3 players who played against Forest will play here, namely Morrison and Downing. Collins is 50/50 to return in central defence and new signing Roger Johnson - on loan from Wolves, has been at Sheff Wed all season - will start alongside him. West Ham will obviously set themselves up to frustrate, much like Palace did away to City recently, but while there is little to think they can get anything out of the game I would hesitate to think that City can knock 3 past them without reply though, that is a big handicap to beat. City have tons of games coming up in Jan and must rotate quite a lot, add in the reply in the cup against Blackburn now too. This is an in-play job for me, City probably won't come tearing out of the blocks and I think it will take a while to break West Ham down, assess how the game is going 10-15 minutes in.
I missed out on the money here, was trying to place bets on City -1.5,-2.0AH when City knocked in their first..anyone who has tried to play in-play at pinnacle will know how difficult it actually is to get a bet on there without the 'price has changed' screen coming up about 5 times..I thought it might be a long slog for City tonight but West Ham were total pony, they may as well have not bothered turning up tonight, most of them were playing at 60%..Big Sam is done.

anyone who has tried to play in-play at pinnacle will know how difficult it actually is to get a bet on there without the 'price has changed' screen coming up about 5 times.
Yes - Pinnacle is rubbish for in-play unfortunately. Bet365 and sbobet are pretty good though

For me this is the main reason why I fully see no doubt in Man City thrashing West Ham. As a Sheffield Wednesday fan (where Johnson has just finished on loan) I can say that Johnson is no where near the player he was when he played for Birmingham in the Premier League. His alcohol problems have got the better of him and he is a poor player even for a team like mine in the bottom half of the championship table. To go up against the best attacking team in the country could be very' date=' very dangerous.[/quote'] Is he a part time alcoholic??? :spank

Re: Capital One Cup Semi Finals > January 7th & 8th Frankly it amazes me as to how Football is run. These idiotic mismatches would never fly in the USA. The NFL works on a draft and the process/concept works. The league remains healthy, and everyone gets a chance to win (at some stage). They understand that the league belongs to all participants... If the Dallas Cowboys won the super bowl every year. the comp would be done after about 5 years. European soccer is a sick joke played on supporters ... Portugal : Benfica-Porto SPain: Barcelona and R Madrid Germany : Bayern Munich Italy : Juventus Holland : Ajax and PSV France:PSG People supporting teams that will never win is incredible. I admire their dedication but for a person not from the UK it is just weird