Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina (23:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]92.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 5 months later...

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Argentinia-Bosnia Bet: Argentinia -1.25 @ 2.1 (Pinnacle) (4/10) I can’t understand this odds. Argentinia is having a really top team this season. Once again their focus is on the offense with Messi, Lavezzi, Higuain and Palacio. But especially Di Maria is a very important factor for me. He has developed really good in the last years and is a player that not only is perfect to play key passes for the offense but also works a lot for the defense. Argentinia’s main issue in the last world cups was the defense. But with the developement of the quality of their players here they are having ( in my opinion) their best defense compared to the last world cups. Which is a very good mix of quality and experience. Bosnia on the other side obviously does have less quality than Argentinia in most parts of the team. The climatic advantage also is a clear and important argument for Argentinia here. Especially in the defense of Bosnia I do see problems and don’t think that they will be able to keep up against this argentinian team.

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th

If Argentina wins here' date=' then certainly not with handicap![/quote'] No point giving an opinion if you can't back it up with reasoning. Why do you think they can't cover the handicap?

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Bosnian Team isnt Honduras. You watched them against Ivorians or Mexiko? Bet you didnt. Argentina beat them 2:0 in friendly in January, when Bosnian team was totally out of form, and even then Bosnian team had many chances, they certainly are going to score here, and I wouldnt be putting any money that Argentina can win by more than 1 goal difference.

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Argentina V Bosnia-Herzegovina Both teams to score @ 21/20 (Betfair) > 5% BR I guess the markets are wary of it being the opening group game contested by the two favorites to qualify. Classic world cup logic would probably foresee a cautious and cagey affair but these two sides are only good at one thing and that’s attacking. The defensive quality of both teams looks questionable on paper, while on the other hand, forward threat for both sides looks very menacing indeed. Bosnia-Herzegovina have a very attacking mentality and managed to put 3 past a very solid Greece outfit in qualifying. Bosnia were infact the fourth highest scorers in the European zone of WC qualification behind Netherlands, Germany and England. Attack is the best form of defense seems to be Safet Susic’s modus operandi and I don’t see that changing here. I wont wax lyrical about Argentina’s attacking options, their forward players are some of the strongest at this years tournament but there are many question marks over the teams cohesion and backline. For me the logical stance would be that Argentina will score a lot but also concede a lot. Even in the event of a cautious approach, I can imagine a few defensive bungles in this game with quality forwards ready to capitalize. The additional factor is that this game is a late kick off and will be played in Rio, conditions should be less harsh and more conducive to a positive and energized contest. I think this game could be one of the few that bucks the underish trend in the early group games and we could see some goals here. BTTS at odds against seems to hold some value in my view.

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th 5pts Over 2.5 goals 5/6 BetVictor Both these sides will score plenty of goals in this tournament so I see no reason why they won’t score a few in this match. We don’t really need to keep harping on about the quality Argentina possess in forward areas but Bosnia are pretty prolific in terms of scoring goals at this level too and there’s no doubt that there are weaknesses in this Argentina defence. With that in mind I like over 2.5 goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/argentina-vs-bosnia-herzegovina-betting-the-maracana-can-be-lit-up-by-goals

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Argentina vs Bosnia & Herzegovina = Argentina-1,5 @ 2.08 Marathonbet (6/10 stake) Odds of 2.08 for the heavy Fav to take this one by 2 clear goals is an offer I simply cannot refuse! First of all the class difference between both teams is way way too obvious and second the climate affect is also obvious for everybody to see also. It would be bothering to compare the argentinian stars to the debutant of Bosnia and I won’t do that. Instead will recall some stats where Argentina have had 9-1 wins and 24-4 goals record within the last 12 World Cup group games so far. These numbers alone are enough for me to welcome any day a generous offer of 2.08 nevermind the pressure of the expected great performance by Messi & Co. :hope

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th As a Bosnian and a person who saw every Bosnian's qualification & friendly game during this WC season I think Argentina can easly win with 2-3 goal difference. Bosnian defence is ok but nothing that good against the strikers like Messi and Aguero. I think the biggest question will be can Argentina play as a team and how good they can be. As individuals they have very solid team but that doesn't mean anything. Bosnia is definitely one of the worst teams in the tournament but on a good day they can win almost any team and on a bad day they can lose easly. I hope that referees wont play big role in this game because it would suck if either team wins by crappy penalty or such. Argentina -1 (is there a risk with this choice? yes definitely)

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th if you are bosnian you wouldn't talk shit like this. they were among the best performing team in euro qualifiers and qualified directly, whereas argentina was one struggling to qualify and messi performances haven't been on par with his displays for barca. bosnia is very good team that plays their best football against top teams and are definitely undervalued. they have nothing to lose here as their coach has said so all pressure is off them anyway. i think they will will get on the scoresheet here and maybe even score two goals.. the best best is over 2.50, both team to score and even a 2-2 draw

if you are bosnian you wouldn't talk shit like this. they were among the best performing team in euro qualifiers and qualified directly' date=' whereas argentina was one struggling to qualify and messi performances haven't been on par with his displays for barca. bosnia is very good team that plays their best football against top teams and are definitely undervalued. they have nothing to lose here as their coach has said so all pressure is off them anyway. i think they will will get on the scoresheet here and maybe even score two goals.. the best best is over 2.50, both team to score and even a 2-2 draw[/quote'] You must not have been watching Argentina then because they topped the table in qualifying and Messi has scored 19 goals in his last 19 international games so I don't know what you are talking about. And less of the personal insults, everyone is entitled to an opinion, you are even entitled to yours even though you're wrong.

You must not have been watching Argentina then because they topped the table in qualifying and Messi has scored 19 goals in his last 19 international games so I don't know what you are talking about. And less of the personal insults' date=' everyone is entitled to an opinion, you are even entitled to yours even though you're wrong.[/quote'] i can't be wrong because the match isn't finished yet

i can't be wrong because the match isn't finished yet
You said Argentina struggled to qualify which was wrong. I think Bosnia are a very good side, not to be under-estimated, so I don't agree with Escalibur's post, but personal insults and aggression won't be tolerated. So chill out :ok

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Asian Goal Line: Under 3 @ 1.95 Bet365 (3 Points) I appear to be going against the grain here but i don't fancy a high scoring match particularly. In the warm up games Argentina have kept clean sheets in their last 5 matches whilst 4/5 from Bosnia have gone under. These two actually met each other in a friendly towards the end of last year and it finished 2-0 to Argentina. I can see a similar sort of score line tonight. No doubt Argentina have some of the best players in the world in their attack but that doesn't mean they necessarily score huge amount of goals every game. Bosnia will be wary of the huge threat and they would be daft to try and take Argentina on in an attacking contest. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosnia pack the midfield to try and contain the South Americans. In Asmur Begivic they also have a world class keeper in the sticks. There needs to be 4 goals in the game for this bet to be a loser. With the layers underestimating the amount of goals in this tournament so far, I'm a little surprised to see the odds on the overs being so poor here. In my opinion its an over reaction to the likes if Messi and Aguero lining up for Argentina but personally I envisage a tight game.

if you are bosnian you wouldn't talk shit like this. they were among the best performing team in euro qualifiers and qualified directly' date=' whereas argentina was one struggling to qualify and messi performances haven't been on par with his displays for barca. bosnia is very good team that plays their best football against top teams and are definitely undervalued. they have nothing to lose here as their coach has said so all pressure is off them anyway. i think they will will get on the scoresheet here and maybe even score two goals.. the best best is over 2.50, both team to score and even a 2-2 draw[/quote'] Shit? How can you even compare Argentina's and Bosnia's qualifiers between each other? Bosnia had one of the easiest group in Europe which was definitely good news for us. They were the best because attacking force was too strong against teams they had in the group. Sure they don't have any pressure here and why should they? The biggest problem for Bosnia is that subtitutes are nowhere near good as starting 11. Also experience against the strongest team in the world is a bit low and that's why we lost play offs to France and Portugal (twice). ps. Messi is not alone in Argentina's team so judging the whole team on him is a bit silly.

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Every statistic about this game is telling you to bet on easy victory for Argentina. I remember Bosnia playing a decider match between them and Portugal team before Euro 2012 or WC 2010. That was so intense match, so many missed opportunites, crossbars etc, they were very close to eliminate Portugese guys. Anyway my point is, that they just LOVE the underdog position to go with. The better their opponent is - the better they play. Balkan blood, all I can say, no one should underestimate them :P Someone mentioned Argentina's 5 games clean sheet streak - I think It ends here. BTTS @ 1.83 with bet365

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Hi all, New here. I don't usually bet, but yesterday put on a bet for Italy to win and won £150 then today I won £85 with a Switzerland win. Tonight I've gone for a Bosnia win! Good luck everyone.

Hi all' date= New here. I don't usually bet, but yesterday put on a bet for Italy to win and won £150 then today I won £85 with a Switzerland win. Tonight I've gone for a Bosnia win! Good luck everyone.
:welcometo the forum Robert mate. Well done on the wins and get joining in with the discussion. We always provide a small bit of reasoning with our selections here so if you could tell us why you fancy Bosnia it would be appreciated. Hope you stick around mate

Every statistic about this game is telling you to bet on easy victory for Argentina. I remember Bosnia playing a decider match between them and Portugal team before Euro 2012 or WC 2010. That was so intense match, so many missed opportunites, crossbars etc, they were very close to eliminate Portugese guys. Anyway my point is, that they just LOVE the underdog position to go with. The better their opponent is - the better they play. Balkan blood, all I can say, no one should underestimate them :P Someone mentioned Argentina's 5 games clean sheet streak - I think It ends here. BTTS @ 1.83 with bet365
My heart says Bosnia will win but brain says Argentina is too strong for them. Let's wait and see what's gonna happen. ;) ps. Tell me more about balkanians' blood. :D

Bosnian Team isnt Honduras. You watched them against Ivorians or Mexiko? Bet you didnt. Argentina beat them 2:0 in friendly in January, when Bosnian team was totally out of form, and even then Bosnian team had many chances, they certainly are going to score here, and I wouldnt be putting any money that Argentina can win by more than 1 goal difference.
I did watch this friendly, it was in November, not January. And I don't know what u mean by "Bosnia was totally out of form" - it was just after they already qualified for the World Cup and they didn't seem to be out of form in their group. Anyway, it was Argentina without Messi, Lavezzi and Higuain against full-strength Bosnia. Argentina was completely dominant throughout the whole game, even though the Gauchos were more easy-going and didn't play at maximum effort. The quality gap seemed huge. Bosnia can threaten Argentina, because they are good when going forward, but their defense is simply not capable of dealing well with the Argentinian attack. Their will be goals in this match as Bosnia is a positive team who doesn't park the bus. Argentina&Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Ezequiel Garay TSA @ 11 (Unibet) for a 0.05 stake Edin Dzeko TSA @ 4 (Unibet) for a 0.25 stake Di Maria TSA @ 4.5 (Coral) for a 0.15 stake Well, this one is going to the role of weirdest bets of my life, but it's time for a fun one. Think this game will go Overs as well, Argentina even with a 5-3-2 has a very strong team upfront, Di Maria, Messi and Aguero are still enough to do an awful lot of damage in a very weak Bosnia defensive line. Can't see Argentina not scoring at least 2. Still some doubts about Messi, hasn't been that great in friendlies, let's see if he is in good physical shape, but expecting him to rise up to the occasion. However, I can't rely on Argentina's defence, they were never that good. GK is not good enough, and I can't trust Rojo and Fernandez enough. Think the switch to 5-3-2 will give more defensive security, but Edin Dzeko might still be able to score. Bosnia know that defending won't win them this game, although they have a solid GK, defensive line is not so good. They have nothing to lose, and with a solid midfield and a good attack, think they could create some goal chances to his target man, Edin Dzeko, who won't miss them. He's a goal machine, really good season for Manchester City, and I expect him to rise to the moment as well. As for Argentina, can't see value in assuming that Aguero and Messi will score. Yes, they are most probable, but what about in-form Di Maria? Will probably create a lot of goal chances, but can't ignore the 4.5 on Coral! Looks too high to me. We all know how much Di Maria loves to dribble towards the goalie from the left. The other bet is more speculative. If Argentina gets some corners and FK from fouls on Aguero, Messi and Di Maria, Garay is the real threat. Scored a lot of goals for Benfica this season, has excellent offensive positioning and accurate heading, might be just the right "dark horse" goalscorer here. --- Good luck everyone.

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th Marcos Rojo, Sergio Romero, Hugo Campagnaro, Maxi Rodriguez, Federico Fernandez This Argentina team seems way unbalanced in terms of quality. Just compare it with Spain, Germany or Brazil. In recent years Bosnia is establishing itself as one of the good teams in Europe with outstanding players in attack and a smart manager. Bosnia to win DNB 9.00 Bet365 4 units

:welcometo the forum Robert mate. Well done on the wins and get joining in with the discussion. We always provide a small bit of reasoning with our selections here so if you could tell us why you fancy Bosnia it would be appreciated. Hope you stick around mate
Thanks very much for the welcome mate. I do honestly feel like some others on here that Bosnia shouldn't be underestimated. I think from the outset tonight they'll go on the attack with Argentina playing a more defensive role for the first half. It's a gut feeling :ok

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th I thought Bosnia played well in spells during this game but a more conservative lineup than I was expecting with just 1 up front and Ibisevic benched. Luckily Susic bought him on later in the game to vindicate Overs and BTTS selections. People with Argentina on a - will feel miffed as the Bosnia goal came at a time when the match was effectively sewn up. Not sure Argentina deserved to win by a two goal margin overall, markets look to have been fairly on the mark here.

Re: Group F - Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina > Sunday June 15th I was a bit gutted to see that 3rd go in and ruin my unders bet. In the end was happy to get my money back though as an OG within 3 minutes didn't bode well at all. Well done to overs and BTTS backers. Thought Bosnia looked a very useful team and can see them finishing 2nd

Bosnia will be wary of the huge threat and they would be daft to try and take Argentina on in an attacking contest. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bosnia pack the midfield to try and contain the South Americans. In Asmur Begivic they also have a world class keeper in the sticks.
You were definately right Wisey, under 3 was shrewd play with Susic switching to a 4-2-3-1 module and more conservative approach. It was something I did not foresee, but still, one or two question marks over both these teams backlines I feel.