** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Mmm, England have covered the -3 corner handicap in their last 6 home games in a row. England (-3 Corner Handicap) @ 1.60 Betvictor currently. Gonna double that with Ukraine Clean Sheet to give me odds of @ 2.06 5pts England (-4 corner handicap) 1.80 bet365 5pts Braver people can take on the -4 handicap @ 1.80 bet365 and @ 1.90 StanJames outright Needless to say I'm all in on the Ukraine clean sheet. Cue the San Marino goal..

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th

Not a trick' date=' just a way to get around their restriction placed on single bets.[/quote'] to clarify: yes, I would put my house on San Marino to fail to score, no, I would not put my house on Poland to fail to score. In short, you're not getting round the single restriction as you are not doing a single.

Mmm, England have covered the -3 corner handicap in their last 6 home games in a row. England (-3 Corner Handicap) @ 1.60 Betvictor currently.
I checked after you posted a similar tip for England v Montenegro. You are right of course :). One of these was against San Marino (16-0). For reference, according to the BBC website, the other games were against Brazil, Ireland, Scotland, Moldova and Montenegro - and most of the corner counts in these were much closer.

WHY EXACTLY ? SO for me the 4 games are Bulgaria v Czech over 2.5 goals (21/20 bet365) Turkey v Netherlands over 2.5 goals (1.67 bet365) Iceland Double chance against Norway (1.53 bet365) Switzerland v Slovenia over 2.5 goals (21/20 bet365) This 4 legged bet gets 9.5 to 1 and is worth 2 units to me
LOL what a f__ck up :beer . 3 out of 4 lose. May as well get them all in one bet Romania and Iceland to the play-offs

Bulgaria to win @ 2.25 bet365 I am going to once again back the Bulgarian national team in a game which is basically without any meaning. Bulgaria does have some chances to get to the play-offs but we should rely on a lot of luck in the other games and for me this is causa perduta. Anyway, the moral in the team is really high and if not for the playoffs, the team would like to win it for the fans and all those people who are going to fill the national stadium which is expected to be full with over 30 000 tickets sold already. The atmosphere here is great and people are gathering to support this young team which has almost done the impossible. The Czechs didn't have decent qualifications and are now without any chance for going further. The coach has said will not be seeking a result in this game but rather check the qualities of his players having in mind the future games of the team. I do not expect goal fest as most people do but am quite sure we will have our chances and with some luck score some goals.
pathetic performance this time - despite all the "attacking power" we barely managed to create any real chance for scoring and normally lost the game with yet another well deserved red card and very stupid behavior from our player... great call for everybody on the Netherlands game!

Group F Azerbaijan v Russia 18.00 Russia go to Azerbaijan knowing they only need a point to win the group and qualify. Defence has been their strength under Capello - they've only conceded 4 goals in their 9 qualifiers. Azerbaijan for their part have only scored 6 goals. I think there is a good chance that Russia will approach this game cautiously with more emphasis on not conceding than scoring. Earlier in the group, Russia surprisingly lost in Northern Ireland and I think they will be focussed on making sure they don't slip up again. It looks like a stage for a draw or a narrow Russia win to me. Azerbaijan's Shots on Target stats are only a little worse than Russia's, suggesting they are good value at odds of up to 12.0 (Russia are 1.36). Recent head to head meetings (most recent first) Russia 1 Azerbaijan 0 Azerbaijan 1 Russia 1 Russia 2 Azerbaijan 0 Where's the value? I think the draw looks good value at 5.2 with BetVictor. A tight defensive game is more likely to end as a draw, and I'm confident that Russia would be very happy with that result. Unders goals could also be good value. But I think backing Azerbaijan on the handicap is a safer bet, which includes a margin of safety - Azerbaijan +1AH 2.54 Pinnacle
Result: Azerbaijan 1 Russia 1 Bet won :ok

Group G Greece v Liechtenstein 18.00 Greece are so defensive. They've scored 10 goals and conceded 4 in their 9 qualifying games so far. The last four games have been 1-0 Greek wins - away to Lithuania and Liechtenstein and home to Latvia and Slovakia. Liechtenstein have only been heavily defeated by Bosnia - 8-1 and home and 4-1 away. Their other seven results have been two draws, one single goal defeat and four two goals defeats. Greece could overtake Bosnia and win the group if they win and Bosnia fail to win in Lithuania. A one or two goal Greek win looks likely to me, and I think their is value backing unders in this game at the current odds. I think it is unlikely Liechtenstein will score, and also unlikely that Greece will score more than 3 goals - Under 3.5 1.8 bwin
Result: Greece 2 Liechtenstein 0 Bet won :ok

Group F Israel v Northern Ireland 18.00 A meaningless dead rubber game between these two sides. Recent shots on target stats from both sides suggest Northern Ireland could be good value here at odds of 8.5 (Israel are 1.53). Northern Ireland lost the home fixture to Israel 2-0 in March, but they dominated much of the game according to the uefa report. In their last game, they lost in Azerbaijan, but the BBC report says they dominated the first half. Before that, they played poorly losing in Luxembourg. But earlier they got a surprise 1-0 win at home to Russia. Israel got a surprise late equaliser in Portugal on Friday. In their last home game, they played poorly in a 1-1 draw with Azerbaijan which virtually ended their qualification hopes. http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/10/15/europe/wc-qualifying-europe/israel/northern-ireland/1229675/?ICID=HP_MS_02_05 Games between these countries are normally close and low scoring. I think Nothern Ireland will be looking for a good result to end their compaign after the two disappointing away defeats, and are good value to get something here. Northern Ireland +1.5 1.71 Pinnacle
Result: Israel 1 Northern Ireland 1 Bet won :ok

Group B Italy v Armenia 19.45 Armenia look good value here to me. Italy have qualified. Armenia have a faint chance of finishing second and finishing second and getting into the playoffs, but it's such a remote chance I think it's best to put it aside. But irrespective of any qualification chance, I think Armenia's odds are too long here. Their recent shots on target stats compare very well with Italy's. Italy beat Armenia away in the reverse fixture in October 2012. But in 17 games since then, they've only won three by 2 goals or more. Most of their wins are narrow ones. Since that early defeat to Italy, Armenia have won 4 games, drawn 1 and lost 4 (in all games including friendles). They've beaten Denmark and Czech Republic away. Of their 4 defeats, only one was by more than two goals - they lost 3-0 at home to Czech Republic. I'd say there's an outside chance of an Armenia win or draw here, and if they lose it's unlikely to be more than one goal ... Armenia +1.5 1.92 sbobet
Result: Italy 2 Armenia 2 Bet won :clap

For me just a little Combo. Israel+Bosnia+England+France+Hungary There was 2 Must Win Games for Bosnia and England. Can not see anything here, just they wining there Games. England not good as a single Odds but in a Combo you can play it. Bosnia for me with his style to play football impressed me and i just looking Bosnia Games with a Laught because there playing good offensive Football. Israel was @ home not so bad. Playing Draw against Portugal and win agains Finnland. Israel for me just a good Home Team and poor away. Nothern Irleand nothing special. Lost against Azerbaijan and now motivation gooing down. France also must win if they want to become there 0,000001 % Chance to become first Place in this Group. And i think there will be a easy win. Israel+Bosnia+England+France+Hungary @ 3.09 2/10 bet365
Israel just 1:1 :spank

Group H England v Poland 20.00 There's a good article on the back page of the Racing Post this morning looking back at previous crunch England qualifying games where they were similar short odds to win. Apparently in October 2001, England were 1/5 to beat Greece at Old Trafford - but needed a late Beckham free kick to draw 2-2 when it looked as though they would lose. In November 2007, England were 4/7 to beat Croatia, but lost 3-2 and failed to qualify for Euro 2008. The Racing Post later conclude that England will win, but add that Poland could be 'popular' on the 2 goal Asian handicap, implying some sort of value there, although tipping Rooney first scorer at 9-2 as their recommended bet. I don't think Poland are particularly good, but how good are England? More importantly, how much better than Poland are England? Until last Friday's impressive 4-1 thrashing of Montenegro, England's only wins in the qualifiers had been against Moldova and San Marino. Poland lost narrowly in Ukraine to end their own hopes. England';s Head to head record against Poland at Wembley is a story of narrow England wins - 2-1 3-1 2-1 England's recent home record is pretty impressive - 6 wins and 2 draws since Euro 2012. In the same period, Poland have only won away in San Marino, losing in Estonia, Ireland and Ukraine and drawing in Montenegro and Moldova. Poland will be well supported at Wembley tonight according to the media - will that work for or against their team? Will their fans' support encourage then to play too openly giving the superior England attackers more space than they would normally? Or will it give them a lift and help them get a good result? The price on the Poland +2 AH handicap is big enough to make it worth considering I think - Poland +2AH 1.72 Ladbrokes
Result: England 2 Poland 0 Bet void

Scotland-Croatia Croatia are missingJosip Simunic, Dario Knezevic, Ivan Rakitic, Mateo Kovacic. Also nine Players are going to be suspended in the first Play Off Game if he became another yellow Card today. And there are some important Players in there. Luka Modric, Vedran Corluka, Mario Mandzukic, Niko Kranjcar, Nikica Jelavic, Gordon Schildenfeld, Ivan Strinic, Eduardo and Ognjen Vukojevic are all in danger. So Croatia Coach Stimac must decide who he let playing today. He must find the right balance because the Fans in Croatia are not happy that Croatia didn´t are on Top of the group and loosing against Belgium at Friday. Scotland also some important missings. So i think this can be a unspectaculary Draw. Draw @ 3.45 2/10 Marathonbet CS 1:1 @ 6.00 0.5/10 bet365
Scotland win 2:0 :spank

Group I France v Finland 20.00 France stand an outside chance of overtaking Spain and winning the group if they win tonight and Spain lose at home to Georgia. The latter would be a shock, but these results do sometimes happen. France will in in any case be going for the win here. It's likely that they will win but it could be close. France beat both Belarus and Georgia 3-1 at home. Finland managed a 1-1 draw in Spain, drew in Belarus and won 1-0 in Georgia. France thrased Australia 6-0 in friendly on Friday, but by all accounts Australia were poor, and they sacked their coach following that result. I think Finland will be tougher opponents. If France hear that Spain are winning, their performance might suffer, knowing that they are going to finish second anyway (although in the unlikely event that Spain are losing it would have the opposite effect!!). Value on Finland here I think - Finland +2AH 1.96 sbobet
Result: France 3 Finland 0 Bet lost

Group I Spain v Georgia 20.00 These are two very defensive teams (but there the comparison probably ends of course). Spain have averaged 2.1 goals per game in the qualifiers, and Georgia 1.6 goals per game. Spain have the insurance that they only need a draw tonight to qualify - and that is assuming that France beat Finland at home (if France don't beat Finland, Spain could lose here and still top the group). I think Spain will play their normal patient game, passing the ball all around the pitch, eventually working openings and looking to exploit those. It all spells a low-scoring game to me, with value on 'unders' and Georgia I think. Ultimately, if Spain get a draw and qualify they will be very happy - Georgia +3AH 2.01 Pinnacle
Result: Spain 2 Georgia 0 Bet won :ok

Not a trick' date=' just a way to get around their restriction placed on single bets.[/quote'] This doesn't work for me, like I said earlier could only get £5 on the Ukraine clean sheet bet, I tried doubling it with the Hungary CS and could only get £5.60 on..not sure if that is what you meant or not. Well done MP, you aren't afraid to go against the grain and more often than not it seems to pay off, allthethings long lost brother perhaps :lol..

This doesn't work for me, like I said earlier could only get £5 on the Ukraine clean sheet bet, I tried doubling it with the Hungary CS and could only get £5.60 on..not sure if that is what you meant or not. Well done MP, you aren't afraid to go against the grain and more often than not it seems to pay off, allthethings long lost brother perhaps :lol..
That's what I meant. I doubled Ukraine to win to nil & England, and did the same with Bosnia, worked fine with me. stuck £100 on each, so not sure what the upper limit was though :/

Mmm, England have covered the -3 corner handicap in their last 6 home games in a row. England (-3 Corner Handicap) @ 1.60 Betvictor currently. Gonna double that with Ukraine Clean Sheet to give me odds of @ 2.06 5pts England (-4 corner handicap) 1.80 bet365 5pts Braver people can take on the -4 handicap @ 1.80 bet365 and @ 1.90 StanJames outright Needless to say I'm all in on the Ukraine clean sheet. Cue the San Marino goal..
Trick is to place it in a double, like I did. The limit is then non-existent :D Bosnia and Ukraine to nil @ 1.83 10pts England and Ukraine to nil : 1.88 10pts
Everything came in, England smashed the corners line again - 17-4. Grats to all winners :)

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th New member here, hi everyone. Had a real nightmare last night. £1 on a 13 game accy, only let down by Latvia equalising in the 91st minute. Would've gotten about 4k back if slovakia had held on, oh well. :cry RLPxokB.png

I don't think Netherlands cares a lot about the world cup draw,wether they are first seeded or second.They can be handed a tough or an easy group by chance,it's not their priority at the moment.of course,if they do win it at instanbul,that will be a bonus to their impressive campaign.Normally,I would see turkey winning this game,because of the extra motivation,their stakes are greater than those of the dutch,they play at home,but turkey is not a big team and I am not convinced they play very well under this much pressure.I remember they lost to latvia and to croatia in past play-off matches.Also ,their big clubs tend to struggle in decisive matches in European competitions.Their only advantage is that it all depends on them,because I don't think Romania is able to score 5 or 6 goals to Estonia. They have a so-called hell in the stands,but if they don't manage to score,as the time passes,the atmosphere will work against them,not to forget they're playing against one of the best counter attacking teams in the world,even if Netherlands will play with reserves. So I will take x2 Netherlands ( 1.55 ) on an accumulator with Romania HT/FT 1/1 ( 1.50 ).
bet won.hope we don;t get portugal in the play-off

New member here, hi everyone. Had a real nightmare last night. £1 on a 13 game accy, only let down by Latvia equalising in the 91st minute. Would've gotten about 4k back if slovakia had held on, oh well. :cry RLPxokB.png
:welcome to PL. Unlucky mate, please read the rules and remember to not after event :)