** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th

Watched Ukraine v Poland on Friday and I thought Poland did pretty well. Ukraine were heavily backed before the game but they didn't really deserve to win and the goal was one of their very few chances and came from a defensive error, Poland had quite a few chances and Lewandowski missed a sitter on his head 6 yards out. The FA have given Poland 18,000 tickets for the game which they will shift without problems, and as we know with Polish fans they will make a hell of a noise so that means there will be a decent atmosphere in Wembley - for a change. Think England will probably win but 1.25!? We aren't suddenly a decent team and have struggled for most of the qualification matches. I would want 1.5 to back England at least, I can't believe people would think about backing them at this price.
http://www.stanleybetcyprus.com/sportsbetting/Football/competition/119065/Europe-World-Cup-Qualification-uefa call me mad but in the bethouse where i play i found this offer for score-not score in that game. 2.25 poland to score sound ridicolous for me.i refreshed many times the page,think its some mistake.i will go to play it when i finish work today,hopely its not mistake!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tip is San Marino to defeat Ukraine @ 81.00 (William Hill.) I know you may think I'm mad, but I believe there's SERIOUS value in backing the outsiders in this one. Let's face it, all these so called minnows are improving big-time, even Luxembourg have a few wins to their name these days. San Marino haven't won in a long time, and I believe this is their time to shine. Ukraine have all the pressure to get all 3 points, which they need if they want to have any chance of overhauling England and seal their place in Brazil, I can foresee them crumbling at the Stadio Olimpico. San Marino managed to notch a famous goal against Poland, and I see no reason why they can't notch a few against an overrated Ukrainian side. At 80/1 it really is worth a small punt.
If you are genuinely serious, you should consider donating your stake to a charity, because backing a San Marino win here (or draw for that matter) is literally as worthwhile as throwing it down a drain. You can't reasonably compare Luxembourg to San Marino. As you say, Luxembourg have picked up a few wins in recent years. When it comes to San Marino, we're talking about a side that has lost every competitive match they've played since 25 April 2001 - 12 years without a single point in World Cup and Euro qualifying. They simply do not have the resources to compete at this level. In the game between the sides last month, Ukraine won 9-0. I wouldn't expect them to much that result tomorrow, but they will win and it's the closest thing to a certainty you will find in football.

My tip is San Marino to defeat Ukraine @ 81.00 (William Hill.) I know you may think I'm mad, but I believe there's SERIOUS value in backing the outsiders in this one. Let's face it, all these so called minnows are improving big-time, even Luxembourg have a few wins to their name these days. San Marino haven't won in a long time, and I believe this is their time to shine. Ukraine have all the pressure to get all 3 points, which they need if they want to have any chance of overhauling England and seal their place in Brazil, I can foresee them crumbling at the Stadio Olimpico. San Marino managed to notch a famous goal against Poland, and I see no reason why they can't notch a few against an overrated Ukrainian side. At 80/1 it really is worth a small punt.
:lol

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th The match to look out for tomorrow is Switzerland v Slovenia. Slovenia is on a great winning streak that reminds me of the last qualifications when they were in the same same win or go home situation as now, and they managed to crush Poland, Slovakia and even Russia. They got a new coach that already got them to their first world cup in 2002 and under him they are playing very well. They managed to win 5 out of last 6 games, beating Norway, Cyprus, Albania, Iceland and Turkey, while the loss was a friendly against Finland. They need 3 points here while Switzerland is already 1st in the group and has nothing to worry about. Id be surprised if Slovenia wouldnt win this one.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Backing San Marino is beyond absurd, if you(BookiesBane) want to do that, feel free, but I don't think you are in the right mind to come on this board and try to shove this illogical bet under our noses. CLAUDIO LOPEZ, if Turkey play like mad dogs, they will "die", they will lose, this is an open game as of now, I much prefer to place my money on games that I'm at least 65-70% sure of the outcome, and even then its not easy. You may be a supporter of Turkey team, but usually its highly recommended not to bet your money on teams that are close to heart because you may not make the right decisions.

Backing San Marino is beyond absurd' date=' if you(BookiesBane) want to do that, feel free, but I don't think you are in the right mind to come on this board and try to shove this illogical bet under our noses. CLAUDIO LOPEZ, if Turkey play like mad dogs, they will "die", they will lose, this is an open game as of now, I much prefer to place my money on games that I'm at least 65-70% sure of the outcome, and even then its not easy. You may be a supporter of Turkey team, but usually its highly recommended not to bet your money on teams that are close to heart because you may not make the right decisions.
im bulgarian so i cant call myself turkey supporter,just thats my vision about that game.i agree with you at all,its NO BET game. anyway,i dont see why we ve lost all bloody day in comments about eventualy san marino win or not?lets the lad make his bets on and thats all.stupid today,legend tommorow! we still got 20 or more games to talk about so lets make some job and get some money!we can start with eventualy armenia win vs italy for example! im joking ofcrs ;)

Even if some miracle happens and San Marino manage to score a goal' date=' I just can't imagine how are they going to win this game with only 1 goal scored, because if somebody thinks that Ukraine will not score... ok, but otherwise San Marino got to score more than 1 goal, and when was the last time that happened?[/quote'] In this particular situation San Marino to win to nil "represents value" :lol what are the odds? :)

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Group B : Italy Q , Bulgaria 13, Denmark 13, Czech 12 The Bulgaria v Czech Rep is a great betting opportunity. Both teams have to win this to get into head-2-head 2 game qualifying. 14 points will not do it. A draw is no good for either team, and they will each have to setup and play to win. Bet365 over 2.5 is 43/40, while the home win for Bulgaria is 13/10 bet365 I don't know much about either team, just that their motivation and desire to win is massive. Any help or insights here are appreciated.

Group B : Italy Q , Bulgaria 13, Denmark 13, Czech 12 The Bulgaria v Czech Rep is a great betting opportunity. Both teams have to win this to get into head-2-head 2 game qualifying. 14 points will not do it. A draw is no good for either team, and they will each have to setup and play to win. Bet365 over 2.5 is 43/40, while the home win for Bulgaria is 13/10 bet365 I don't know much about either team, just that their motivation and desire to win is massive. Any help or insights here are appreciated.
I don't know what to expect on 1x2 market.I heard from Peter Cech's interview that they will sit back and try on coutner-attack.Everybody here are talking about our good game against Armenia and during the whole qualifications.We are fully motivated to win.Players said that they will go all attack and try to play attractively.Czechs can score because we have 2 players who are suspended.More than that we will attack from the beginning and i am sure we will concede at least one,SO BTTS is a good option too.Personally i am all over 2.5 goals.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th i expect england to win tomorrow maybe 3-1 however robert lewandowski's goal minutes are 7-10 with spreadex and 8-11 with sporting. That looks like a rick to me,he may not get many chances but is a class finisher. recommended bet: buy r.lewandowski goal minutes at 10 with spreadex

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Strootman missed the last training of the Netherlands and is probarly not able to play. V gaal said it's small injury after the Hungary game and will need more then the three days rest we had right now. Fer could replace Strootman but this is a big miss

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Teams that need to win [TABLE=width: 165]

[TR] [TD]Bulgaria[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Denmark[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Czech Republic[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Armenia[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Turkey[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Romania[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Hungary[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Iceland[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Slovenia[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bosnia[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Greece[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]England[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Ukraine[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Spain[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]France[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=width: 165] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Match Predictions [TABLE=width: 384] [TR] [TD]Bulgaria v Czech Republic[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD]Risk Bet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Denmark v Malta[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Italy v Armenia[/TD] [TD]Away Win[/TD] [TD]Risk Bet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Turkey v Holland[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD]Risk Bet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Romania v Estonia[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Hungary v Andorra[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Norway v Iceland[/TD] [TD]Away Win[/TD] [TD]Risk Bet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Switzerland v Slovenia[/TD] [TD]Away Win[/TD] [TD]Risk Bet[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Lithuania v Bosnia[/TD] [TD]Away Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Greece v Liechtenstein[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]England v Poland[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]San Marino v Ukraine[/TD] [TD]Away Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Spain v Georgia[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]France v Finland[/TD] [TD]Home Win[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Think theres a good opportunity for some accumulators here.

Germany and Holland are playing their toughest group competitors away. They don't need to do anything . Just don't pick up injuries, be solid and don't lose. You can't afford to give a psychological edge to a potential WC Finals opponent. They may rest their regulars and play some of the fringe players here.
i read something like netherlands needs to win to be among the first-seed teams in world cup draw.

I don't know what to expect on 1x2 market.I heard from Peter Cech's interview that they will sit back and try on coutner-attack.Everybody here are talking about our good game against Armenia and during the whole qualifications.We are fully motivated to win.Players said that they will go all attack and try to play attractively.Czechs can score because we have 2 players who are suspended.More than that we will attack from the beginning and i am sure we will concede at least one' date='SO BTTS is a good option too.Personally i am all over 2.5 goals.[/quote'] I like the over 2.5 goals as well. A team that scores first can't sit back, and will have to secure that second goal. If the second one goes in, it's all or nothing for the side that's 2-0 down. May as well lose 6-0 trying to win. If it's 1-1 they have to give it a full whack as well. Looks like a very solid bet.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Happy to offer 101.00 on San Marino if BB wants to paypal me my winnings. ;) If Holland put out a full strength team, there's no way Turkey can beat them. Turkey are mediocre at best and Holland are probably in the Top 4 sides in the world right now.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th I don't think Netherlands cares a lot about the world cup draw,wether they are first seeded or second.They can be handed a tough or an easy group by chance,it's not their priority at the moment.of course,if they do win it at instanbul,that will be a bonus to their impressive campaign.Normally,I would see turkey winning this game,because of the extra motivation,their stakes are greater than those of the dutch,they play at home,but turkey is not a big team and I am not convinced they play very well under this much pressure.I remember they lost to latvia and to croatia in past play-off matches.Also ,their big clubs tend to struggle in decisive matches in European competitions.Their only advantage is that it all depends on them,because I don't think Romania is able to score 5 or 6 goals to Estonia. They have a so-called hell in the stands,but if they don't manage to score,as the time passes,the atmosphere will work against them,not to forget they're playing against one of the best counter attacking teams in the world,even if Netherlands will play with reserves. So I will take x2 Netherlands ( 1.55 ) on an accumulator with Romania HT/FT 1/1 ( 1.50 ).

I don't know what to expect on 1x2 market.I heard from Peter Cech's interview that they will sit back and try on coutner-attack.Everybody here are talking about our good game against Armenia and during the whole qualifications.We are fully motivated to win.Players said that they will go all attack and try to play attractively.Czechs can score because we have 2 players who are suspended.More than that we will attack from the beginning and i am sure we will concede at least one' date='SO BTTS is a good option too.Personally i am all over 2.5 goals.[/quote'] Please beware ALL. None of these teams,Denmark Czech or Bulgaria can qualify for the play offs,so take care with your picks.

i read something like netherlands needs to win to be among the first-seed teams in world cup draw.
You are right. Netherlands are ranked 9 http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html September Brazil are ranked 8, so Netherlands really needs to get ahead of Uruguay in 7th spot. Uruguay have been crappy in South American Qualification, and they are 5th in South American Qualifying. They will play Jordan in a playoff winner going to Brazil. The FIFA rankings are just impossible to work out. Probably start with a Phd in mathematics just to understand the basics. From http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/world-cup-2014/2013/10/04/4311501/world-cup-2014-draw-seeding-to-be-unveiled-in-october The decision to use this month's world ranking positions as opposed to November’s - which will be released closer to the date of the draw in December, was made as to avoid giving team’s participating in the play-off round the possibility to better their ranking. My feeling is that Uruguay will slip down. They lost 1-0 to Ecuador in Oct 2013-10-11 and it will hurt them. Netherlands 8-1 demolition of Hungary will propel them up the ladder. They make some ridic calculation like this... P = M x I x T x C M = 3 for a win I = 2.5 for world cup qualifier T strength of opponent . 200- opponent ranking. Hungary 30th means 170 C confederation is a 1 so P = 3 x 2.5 x 170 = 1275 for Netherlands Uruguay will gain no points because they lost 1-0

Please beware ALL. None of these teams' date='Denmark Czech or Bulgaria can qualify for the play offs,so take care with your picks.[/quote'] You are mostly wrong. Only Czech can't qualify. The rest are not dead yet, but will need 16 points to have a hope. Czech can't qualify, but 2 playoff spots will go to Bulgaria or Denmark , Turkey or Romania, Iceland or Slovenia. All of those 5 will have to play for a win. ie if Turkey lose 2-0 to Netherlands and Bulgaria win 2-0 and Romania lose, Bulgaria have a better record. Plenty of scenarios like that. All I'm trying to do is figure out motivation and intention. From those below I think Iceland and Romania will get those two spots Group B : Italy Q , Bulgaria 13, Denmark 13 Group D : Holland Q , Turkey 16 , Romania 16 Group E : Switz Q , Iceland 16, Solvenia 15

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Not sure about Bulgaria but Czech Rep. can not qualify for sure. The worst 2nd placed team from all grups , where the games with the last team in the group are not considerd , is not going to play offs.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th To determine which eight out of nine teams will advance to the playoff round, the following rule is taking into consideration. Because one group has five teams and all other groups have six teams, matches played against the last placed team in groups of six are not taken into account. After that, total points, goal differential etc. are counted to determine the top eight second place teams.

I tend to disagree in the internationals tbh' date=' although each game should be based on a case by case basis, there's plenty of reasoning to suggest the opposite occurs. The motivation factor works both ways as why should a team that has been eliminated, may or may not have had an abysmal qualifying campaign suddenly start to play much better than they had been doing. Its the notion that team A has already qualified so therefore they should be opposed that pushes their value up IMO. But a lot still depends on team news etc.[/quote'] OK - good point Jase. I think I know what you mean. But I'm talking about a team which has qualified (say Belgium for example off the top of my head) versus one who has no chance (Wales), rather than an already-qualified team against one who needs a result.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Group F Azerbaijan v Russia 18.00 Russia go to Azerbaijan knowing they only need a point to win the group and qualify. Defence has been their strength under Capello - they've only conceded 4 goals in their 9 qualifiers. Azerbaijan for their part have only scored 6 goals. I think there is a good chance that Russia will approach this game cautiously with more emphasis on not conceding than scoring. Earlier in the group, Russia surprisingly lost in Northern Ireland and I think they will be focussed on making sure they don't slip up again. It looks like a stage for a draw or a narrow Russia win to me. Azerbaijan's Shots on Target stats are only a little worse than Russia's, suggesting they are good value at odds of up to 12.0 (Russia are 1.36). Recent head to head meetings (most recent first) Russia 1 Azerbaijan 0 Azerbaijan 1 Russia 1 Russia 2 Azerbaijan 0 Where's the value? I think the draw looks good value at 5.2 with BetVictor. A tight defensive game is more likely to end as a draw, and I'm confident that Russia would be very happy with that result. Unders goals could also be good value. But I think backing Azerbaijan on the handicap is a safer bet, which includes a margin of safety - Azerbaijan +1AH 2.54 Pinnacle

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Group G Greece v Liechtenstein 18.00 Greece are so defensive. They've scored 10 goals and conceded 4 in their 9 qualifying games so far. The last four games have been 1-0 Greek wins - away to Lithuania and Liechtenstein and home to Latvia and Slovakia. Liechtenstein have only been heavily defeated by Bosnia - 8-1 and home and 4-1 away. Their other seven results have been two draws, one single goal defeat and four two goals defeats. Greece could overtake Bosnia and win the group if they win and Bosnia fail to win in Lithuania. A one or two goal Greek win looks likely to me, and I think their is value backing unders in this game at the current odds. I think it is unlikely Liechtenstein will score, and also unlikely that Greece will score more than 3 goals - Under 3.5 1.8 bwin

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Swiss.In the team there will be no for sure stopper Von Bergen to whom was showed the second yellow card in Tirana, and even Shaqiri who left the pitch due to injury. Some players like Kasami or Drmic will be probably given to Swiss Under-21 team, and Hitzfeld will certainly make several other changes as the result’s imperative is non-existent.

You are mostly wrong. Only Czech can't qualify. The rest are not dead yet, but will need 16 points to have a hope. Czech can't qualify, but 2 playoff spots will go to Bulgaria or Denmark , Turkey or Romania, Iceland or Slovenia. All of those 5 will have to play for a win. ie if Turkey lose 2-0 to Netherlands and Bulgaria win 2-0 and Romania lose, Bulgaria have a better record. Plenty of scenarios like that. All I'm trying to do is figure out motivation and intention. From those below I think Iceland and Romania will get those two spots Group B : Italy Q , Bulgaria 13, Denmark 13 Group D : Holland Q , Turkey 16 , Romania 16 Group E : Switz Q , Iceland 16, Solvenia 15
Does anyone actually know if the Czech's can qualify? If they can, I'll be all over a probable basketball match, otherwise I'll leave it.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th For me just a little Combo. Israel+Bosnia+England+France+Hungary There was 2 Must Win Games for Bosnia and England. Can not see anything here, just they wining there Games. England not good as a single Odds but in a Combo you can play it. Bosnia for me with his style to play football impressed me and i just looking Bosnia Games with a Laught because there playing good offensive Football. Israel was @ home not so bad. Playing Draw against Portugal and win agains Finnland. Israel for me just a good Home Team and poor away. Nothern Irleand nothing special. Lost against Azerbaijan and now motivation gooing down. France also must win if they want to become there 0,000001 % Chance to become first Place in this Group. And i think there will be a easy win. Israel+Bosnia+England+France+Hungary @ 3.09 2/10 bet365

Group G Greece v Liechtenstein 18.00 Greece are so defensive. They've scored 10 goals and conceded 4 in their 9 qualifying games so far. The last four games have been 1-0 Greek wins - away to Lithuania and Liechtenstein and home to Latvia and Slovakia. Liechtenstein have only been heavily defeated by Bosnia - 8-1 and home and 4-1 away. Their other seven results have been two draws, one single goal defeat and four two goals defeats. Greece could overtake Bosnia and win the group if they win and Bosnia fail to win in Lithuania. A one or two goal Greek win looks likely to me, and I think their is value backing unders in this game at the current odds. I think it is unlikely Liechtenstein will score, and also unlikely that Greece will score more than 3 goals - Under 3.5 1.8 bwin
Nice play m8. Have exactly the same thoughts but went for Lichtenstein +3 1.94 @Marathon