** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Cant understand the different odds for ukraine to beat san marino 1/100 or Austria to win in faroe islands 1/4. Both these minnows have no chance. Austria won the reverse fixture 6-0. Can only see another win even though there is nothing to play for.Big bet on Austria for me at those odds

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th - Austria have nothing to play for, while Ukraine absolutely needs the win. - Faroe Islands is a slightly better team than San Marino, recording a win and a tie once in a while, whereas San Marino hasn't managed a tie for almost 10 years. Not saying that Austria will lose points there, but I'm not touching it, because I don't know Austria well enough as a team.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th

Cant understand the different odds for ukraine to beat san marino 1/100 or Austria to win in faroe islands 1/4. Both these minnows have no chance. Austria won the reverse fixture 6-0. Can only see another win even though there is nothing to play for.Big bet on Austria for me at those odds
The Faroes are a far greater side than San Marino. Brian Kerr went there and made them a tough outfit to beat at home in general. They got a draw against Kazakhstan and were the better side for a good part of the game, Italy could only manage a 1-0 win there. They also scored against both Ireland and Sweden at home. Austria should win, no doubt about that, but the Faroes are light years ahead of San Marino

The Faroes are a far greater side than San Marino. Brian Kerr went there and made them a tough outfit to beat at home in general. They got a draw against Kazakhstan and were the better side for a good part of the game' date=' Italy could only manage a 1-0 win there. They also scored against both Ireland and Sweden at home. Austria should win, no doubt about that, but the Faroes are light years ahead of San Marino[/quote'] That is very true - just compare the number of goals the two teams score.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Group F Israel v Northern Ireland 18.00 A meaningless dead rubber game between these two sides. Recent shots on target stats from both sides suggest Northern Ireland could be good value here at odds of 8.5 (Israel are 1.53). Northern Ireland lost the home fixture to Israel 2-0 in March, but they dominated much of the game according to the uefa report. In their last game, they lost in Azerbaijan, but the BBC report says they dominated the first half. Before that, they played poorly losing in Luxembourg. But earlier they got a surprise 1-0 win at home to Russia. Israel got a surprise late equaliser in Portugal on Friday. In their last home game, they played poorly in a 1-1 draw with Azerbaijan which virtually ended their qualification hopes. http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/10/15/europe/wc-qualifying-europe/israel/northern-ireland/1229675/?ICID=HP_MS_02_05 Games between these countries are normally close and low scoring. I think Nothern Ireland will be looking for a good result to end their compaign after the two disappointing away defeats, and are good value to get something here. Northern Ireland +1.5 1.71 Pinnacle

I think the money has to go on the highly motivated teams , that must win. Bets on relatively unimportant games will be money wasted.
Forgive me, but doesn't this depend somewhat on the odds on offer?

Think England will probably win but 1.25!? We aren't suddenly a decent team and have struggled for most of the qualification matches. I would want 1.5 to back England at least' date=' I can't believe people would think about backing them at this price.[/quote'] Your argument implies it's good value to back Poland then

Does anyone actually know if the Czech's can qualify? If they can' date=' I'll be all over a probable basketball match, otherwise I'll leave it.[/quote'] According to the uefa.com preview they can't ... "Although the Czech Republic can still finish second, they would not reach the play-offs as they would be the ninth best runners-up in terms of their record against the teams first, third, fourth and fifth in their section." http://www.uefa.com/worldcup/season=2014/matches/round=2000294/match=2008550/prematch/preview/index.html#focused+penev+hoping+divine+intervention

Group B : Italy Q , Bulgaria 13, Denmark 13, Czech 12 The Bulgaria v Czech Rep is a great betting opportunity. Both teams have to win this to get into head-2-head 2 game qualifying. 14 points will not do it. A draw is no good for either team, and they will each have to setup and play to win. Bet365 over 2.5 is 43/40, while the home win for Bulgaria is 13/10 bet365 I don't know much about either team, just that their motivation and desire to win is massive. Any help or insights here are appreciated.
I think you missed the fact that the Czechs can't qualify ;). Bulgaria do need goals though apparently ... http://www.uefa.com/worldcup/season=2014/matches/round=2000294/match=2008550/prematch/preview/index.html#focused+penev+hoping+divine+intervention

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th The Czechs are definitely out of qualification. At best they can make 15 points which will still be behind Turkey and Iceland (both have 16) . My bad :spank for including them in the first place. Regarding the must win games. I was just trying to identify those first, and then think of a betting strategy. May have dropped myself in the poop already :hope, by taking Bulgaria over 2.5 goals Starting to fancy the Turkey v Netherlands game over 2.5 goals. Turkey has to win, because Romania will win. Can't see Turkey keeping a clean sheet. I don't think they will beat the Netherlands , but they will probably score 1. If its 1-1 they are going to have to open up and try and score again. The over 2.5 looks good in this game 1.67 bet365

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Missings: Israel v Northern Ireland Israel: Yuval Spungin, Rami Gershon, Yossi Benayoun, Beram Kayal, Tomer Hemed Northern Ireland: Ryan McGivern, Grant McCann, Kyle Lafferty, Aaron Hughes, Josh Magennis, Oliver Norwood, Jonny Evans, Gareth McAuley Switzerland v Slovenia Switzerland: Stephan Lichtsteiner, Pirmin Schwegler, Steve von Bergen, Xherdan Shaqiri Slovenia: Kevin Kampl, Tim Matavz (both doubtful), Bojan Jokic, Valter Birsa, Josip Ilicic, Zlatko Dedic Turkey v Netherlands Turkey: Umut Bulut, Mehmet Topal (both probably in), Semih Kaya, Bekir Irtegun, Emre Belözoglu, Hamit Altintop, Mevlut Erdinc, Caner Erkin Netherlands: Gregory van der Wiel, Joris Mathijsen, Stijn Schaars, Jonathan de Guzman, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Nigel de Jong Sweden v Germany Sweden: Behrang Safari, Oscar Wendt, Samuel Holmen, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Jonas Olsson, Albin Ekdal Germany: Marcel Schmelzer, Marco Reus, Lars Bender, Miroslav Klose, Mario Gomez, Lukas Podolski, Ilkay Gundogan, Sami Khedira England v Poland England: Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, Ashley Young, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Kyle Walker, Tom Cleverley Poland: Lukasz Piszczek, Sebastian Boenisch, Adam Matuszczyk, Maciej Rybus, Pawel Brożek, Bartosz Salamon, Lukasz Szukała, Paweł Wszołek Scotland v Croatia Scotland: Steven Whittaker, Andy Webster, Gary Caldwell, Shaun Maloney, James Forrest, Jordan Rhodes, Jamie Mackie, Kenny Miller, Lee Wallace Croatia: Josip Simunic, Dario Knezevic, Ivan Rakitic, Mateo Kovacic

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th May be interested in moving on Iceland aswell. Have seen Norway some times this season and Im not impressed. But the new coach, Högmo, is really good and he may be able to lift the team to another level. However, I think Högmo havent had enough time yet and it's possible that he will use this game to test some new stuff in the team. My opinion is that Iceland for the moment is a better team (and obviosly more motivated) and I think 2.04 on DNB is value. May also secure myself against rising odds on Iceland by moving on Iceland win AND odds to rise on the SpiffX-market...

Stop saying "must win". Denmark' date=' Bulgaria and Czech can't qualify. Armenia has 1% chance if they beat Italy, Denmark gets at most 1 point and Bulgaria draws.[/quote'] WHY EXACTLY ? I accept Czech can't qualify, and Denmark need to win by 7 goals (possible but unlikely). Technically not dead yet. Bulgaria can still do it and it's far from impossible. 2 spots are available for the runners up from group B, Group D, Group E Bulgaria have 13 points, goal diff is +6 Romania have 16 points , goal diff of +5 Turkey have 16 points, goal diff +9 They need one of 2 scenarios...... 1) group D If Turkey lose by 2 goals to Netherlands, and Bulgaria win by 2 goals, and Romania lose. Bulgaria will be +8 , Turkey +7 , and Romania +4 or less and no runner qualifies up from group D The big problem for Turkey and Bulgaria, is that Romania will probably win. This will force the Turks to play an open game, and will torpedo Bulgaria. Bulgaria have 13 points, goal diff is +6 Iceland 16 points , goal diff is +2 Slovenia 15 points, goal diff is +4 2) If Iceland lose to Norway and Slovenia don't win , Bulgaria (with a win) will have better goal diff and 16 points and no runner qualifies up from group E To me this is a more likely outcome. Slovenia won't beat Switzerland away, so Iceland just need a draw against Norway to get to the play-offs. Either way, Bulgaria (excuse me) MUST WIN to have any chance Romania MUST WIN Turkey MUST WIN because Romania will win Slovenia MUST WIN While ICELAND MUST WIN if against the ODDS SLOVENIA win. I'll try and stop saying 'MUST WIN' now ...... er , hmmmm, er, but they must win (just one more time :lol) SO for me the 4 games are Bulgaria v Czech over 2.5 goals (21/20 bet365) Turkey v Netherlands over 2.5 goals (1.67 bet365) Iceland Double chance against Norway (1.53 bet365) Switzerland v Slovenia over 2.5 goals (21/20 bet365) This 4 legged bet gets 9.5 to 1 and is worth 2 units to me

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Why you say a thing like that?If Bulgaria win and Turkey loose by 2 goals or more(or Bulgaria win by 2 goals or more) then Bulgaria will be better number 2 than Turkey and they will enter Play Offs. EDIT: Thank you Neil:ok

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Scotland-Croatia Croatia are missingJosip Simunic, Dario Knezevic, Ivan Rakitic, Mateo Kovacic. Also nine Players are going to be suspended in the first Play Off Game if he became another yellow Card today. And there are some important Players in there. Luka Modric, Vedran Corluka, Mario Mandzukic, Niko Kranjcar, Nikica Jelavic, Gordon Schildenfeld, Ivan Strinic, Eduardo and Ognjen Vukojevic are all in danger. So Croatia Coach Stimac must decide who he let playing today. He must find the right balance because the Fans in Croatia are not happy that Croatia didn´t are on Top of the group and loosing against Belgium at Friday. Scotland also some important missings. So i think this can be a unspectaculary Draw. Draw @ 3.45 2/10 Marathonbet CS 1:1 @ 6.00 0.5/10 bet365

England - Poland After a loss to the Ukraine in the last game the WC campaign is as good as over, and the coach will be certainly fired after the England game. The morale in the team is obviously poor, but the public pressure gone now as there is nothing but pride left to play for. The task won't be easy as Poland plays England away, where our record has historically been abysmal, as the most we got was a draw back in 1973, something that is regarded as one of the best moments in Polish football. Considering that Hodgson's men need a win to qualify automatically, there is only one outcome of this tie. However, the odds are poor. I think England will put a few past Boruc, but it's certainly worth to look at some other options that are on offer. I have noticed over the years that when the pressure is off, our team performs much better. Maybe it's psychological, I'm not quite sure, but I think the guys will want to show to the supporters they have balls and will fight hard, that's for sure. Considering that in the 4 out of 5 last games against England we scored, and we have a good striker in Lewandowski, I think that both teams to score @2.30 represents value. I do think though that England will win. There has been a lot of rotation in the defensive line for Poland throughout the campaign, and as a result the back 4 does not play as a reliable, solid unit, and is velnerable to concede. If England managed 4 against Montenegro, they can easily put at least 3 past Polish goalkeeper. We are out for a tough night come Tuesday England to win & over 2.5 (it's not on offer yet but I think it'll be priced at around 2.30) both teams to score @2.30 Ladbrokes over 3 goals in the game @2.10 Marathonbet
Both teams to score looks like a good bet. Rooney and Lewandowski to most probably score.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Estonia played really bad in the last 4 games away only winning with Andorra by just 1 goal and letting in 11 goals from Netherlands, Turkey and even Hungary. I don't see Romania scoring 5 goals today, specially after only scoring 4 with Andorra but the stakes are high, they play at home and a difference of 3 goals can be achieved. Romania-Estonia -2.25 was 2.1 with Ladbrokes but now all handicap bets with ladbrokes for this game are suspended hmmm. -2.5 can still be found with MarathonBet at 2.06 or the lesser -2 at 1.65, and odds still dropping on this

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Not sure what rules are you applying, but Denmark and Bulgaria will have a maximum of 10 points if they get 2nd place. Wins over Malta, last place, will not count. Last qualified place is Turkey, they already have 10, if they don't get a point, Romania will win and they will have 13 which is better than 10, right?

No he is not.
Van Gaal has promised united and will keep persie on the bench and not play him due to a fractured toe, they took the gamble against hungary but wont be taking the risk against turkey. Please do your research before quoting me that he will be playing. My sources are turkeys biggest footballing website and broadcaster, LigTV.

Not sure what rules are you applying' date=' but Denmark and Bulgaria will have a maximum of 10 points if they get 2nd place. Wins over Malta, last place, will not count. Last qualified place is Turkey, they already have 10, if they don't get a point, Romania will win and they will have 13 which is better than 10, right?[/quote'] Right:ok

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Personally don't think Van Persie will play, although there is no confirmation and I very much doubt such news would be leaked to a Turkish media source! Just makes sense really, he thought he had broken his toe against Shakhtar when he got a hard kick and had to have a pain killing injection to play against Sunderland - he has said he won't have another injection like this as it won't allow the toe to heal. He played against Hungary having not trained and came through well scoring a hat trick. Had another few days rest now, would say the chances of him starting are 40/60.

Van Gaal has promised united and will keep persie on the bench and not play him due to a fractured toe, they took the gamble against hungary but wont be taking the risk against turkey. Please do your research before quoting me that he will be playing. My sources are turkeys biggest footballing website and broadcaster, LigTV.
That is not correct and not confirmed by either Van Gaal or any Dutch media. So unless you were with Van Gaal and Moyes when they decided this, it's incorrect information at this point. There are a couple of players substituted for tonights game but Van Persie is not one of them until this moment. The players that will not start tonight, but did start against Hungary are: Bruma, Van der Vaart, Nigel de Jong and Strootman. Bruma will be replaced by Feyenoords Bruno Martin Indi, Van der Vaart will be replaced by Sneijder, Nigel de Jong by Jordy Clasie and Strootman by Fer. No reports of an absent Van Persie so far. And for the fact, I am Dutch and follow most of the national football websites. If Van Persie is playing I would bet on him to score. Some facts about his form: He scored 29 goals in 41 matches this calender year. He also scored 10 goals in the last 6 world cup qualification matches. He scored at least once in each of these last 6 games. Van Gaal also stated that he doesn't care that much about the FIFA ranking because we had tough groups before, even when we were placed as group leaders. Despite that, he does want to win this game. I would also like to bet on a red card on the Turkish side. They will most likely loose their head, like they tend to do when the pressure is up. You see that happen a lot in the Turkish league in matches between Galatasaray, Fenerbahce en Besiktas and I also remember the complete meltdown in Switzerland if I'm correct. When the Turkish were eliminated and a crazy fight broke out on the pitch and in the tunnels.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Group A Winner: Belgium 2nd: If Croatia don't lose to Scotland and Macedonia lose away to Serbia which is the most likely outcome, Croatia will have at least 12 Points Nett. Group B Winner: Italy 2nd: Denmark are going to beat Malta, which will give them 10 Points Nett. The Czech's cannot qualify which means Bulgaria have to win and if they do they will also have 10 points Nett but it could get very interesting with the goal difference between themselves and Denmark as Denmark need to put a good few past Malta to catch up with Bulgaria. Now onto Armenia... They are doomed because Denmark are not going to lose to Malta. Denmark have to go out tonight and try to win 8-0, a very tough task but that is what their mind set has to be.. Recommended Bets Denmark -3 EH @ 11/10 Paddy Power Bulgaria WIN @ 13/10 Sky Bet Group C Winner: Germany 2nd: Sweden are in the play-offs already, even if they lose to Germany tonight they will have 14 Points Nett. Group D Winner: Netherlands 2nd: This is an interesting group. Hungary have a glimmer of hope and if they can put 7 or 8 goals past Andorra and Romania manage only to draw with Estonia, Hungary will finish 2nd if Turkey lose to the Netherlands. It is a long shot, but the Hungarian players will have to have a positive mind set going into tonights game and they will be looking for early goals. You would have to fancy Romania to do the business though at home to Estonia so that puts a lot of pressure on Turkey, however backing them at around 6/4 would be madness. I fancy Romania to finish in 2nd place, which will give them a Nett of 13 Points. Recommended Bets Romania to win 2-0 @ 5/1 Bet Victor Hungary -3 @ 17/20 Betway Group E Winners: Switzerland 2nd: Iceland have been a revelation in this campaign and have played some very good attacking football. Norway won't give much of a hoot tonight in my opinion and they would probably like to see Iceland get to the World Cup! If Iceland win they are into the play-offs, this is the biggest match of the nations history and they should definitely be backed at decent odds in my opinion. Slovenia have to win also but it is all in Iceland's hands. They will end the campaign on 16 Points Nett if they win tonight! Recommended Bet Iceland WIN @ 9/5 Bet365 Group F Winners: Russia or Portugal 2nd: If somehow Azerbaijan were to beat Russia tonight (Bear in mind Russia lost in Belfast), Portugal could finish top on goal difference if they put a lot of goals past Luxembourg! Recommended Bet Portugal -3 EH @ 10/11 Paddy Power Group G Winners: Bosnia-Herzegovina or Greece 2nd: Bosnia have to win in Lithuania tonight to secure a place in the world cup! The motivation will be there, huge game for the players and they beat Lithuania 3-0 at home. They will be looking to get the game over early doors so you can see them winning by a couple. Greece have to win tonight and hope Lithuania provide a huge upset, so both sides look set to win. Recommended Bets Bosnia-Herzegovina -1 EH @ 5/6 Sky Bet Group H Winners: England or Ukraine 2nd: There is a lot of pressure on England tonight as if they do not win they are going to be in the play-offs, and they certainly won't want that! Poland will be no pushovers, England could only get a 1-1 draw away from home and they have Lewandowski up front. There seems to be no value at all backing England tonight, the price is terrible, but backing Poland on the handicap could be a good bet. The Ukraine found it very hard to break Poland down last time out. The Ukraine should batter San Marino. Recommended Bets Poland +2 @ 23/20 Ladbrokes Ukraine -5 @ 5/4 Paddy Power Group I Winners: Spain 2nd: France Not much to say about this group, both home sides should win comfortably! France in the play offs.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th scorer treble: Lukaku to score 2 or more Marica to score 2 or more Dzeko to score 2 or more 105 @>Bet365 Belguim, Romania and Bosnia are expected to score plenty of goals against inferior opponents. All three players have a very good goalscoring record for their national teams lately.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification > Tuesday October 15th Ladbrokes have somehow come up with 1.5 for Ukraine to get a clean sheet against San Marino, I would put my house on if I could, they'll only let me have a fiver though so I won't bother :lol..won't last long and as close to a certain winner as you will find tonight.