** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Tues Oct 8th

3.00pm @ Catterick 'Another Royal' 5/1 (Bet365) Not beaten far last time over 7 furlongs and closer again the time before in a nursery over tomorrow's 6. No world beater by any means but doesn't appear to have much to beat tomorrow. A repeat of last time effort when right there at the 6 pole in a better race than this should suffice. Horse has done a fair bit of racing for a 2 year old but I think they'll get the win they seem keen for here. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 4.40 Leicester Miners Lamp 8/15 Paddy Power BOG Sorry about this but the racing on Tuesday seems even worse than Monday. Miners Lamp should almost win this by default. He missed the break the last day at Sandown over 1m and won going away. He will appreciate the extra furlong. Irrespective of their form, jockey booking for his 3 opponents would seem to suggest that they are not fancied with none of their stable jockeys choosing to ride them! Again it's a bad day but if you must have a bet, this is the only one sticking out. 1 Point win for nap purposes Miners Lamp 8/15 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 16.50 Brighton: Copper Trade @ 13/2 PP Copper Trade was probably better than the bare result of his most recent run at Chepstow suggested. If he is he would have gone very close for a win that day if it wouldn't have been for his rivals that were crossing his line and which resulted in the situation that gaps closed and he was short of room from 3f out, while travelling very strongly. His jockey had to hold Copper Trade back, in fact relegated him to the rear of the field, in order to be able to switch around the whole field and get a clear run on the outside. Once straighten up he flew home to finish less then 2 lengths beaten in 2nd. On that evidence it looks as if he could get further, as he really stayed on nicely, while his pedigree is inconclusive. Surly Brighton over 1m on softish ground is a very much different test to Chepstow over 7f so it has to be seen if he can see out the trip in these kind of conditions at a track with a very testing final furlong. But it is far from impossible and the fact that he is lightly raced, open to improvement and can race off the same mark as done lto should ensure that he has a very good chance to close tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 15.40 Leicester: Hamelin, 5/2 Paddy Power, win Hamelin won his maiden lto in good style. He was prominent throughout and went to the lead over 2f out. He was clear by a few lengths and finished well to win by a comfortable 2½L. Third has since franked the form. This is his first time encountering good to firm ground but his breeding suggests it will suit. He is a full brother to Native Ruler, who was beaten just a nose in the Group 2 Jockey Club Stakes on good to firm ground. He is a half brother on his dam's side to St Leger winner Sixties Icon. This is just his fourth run so there should be more to come. This is trainer Lady Cecil's only runner of the day. Richard Hughes continues in the saddle, having been on board lto, despite Richard Hannon having a runner in this race.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th Im Off to TipHerHairy:lol for my BBOTD. I would love to pick Sox's Girl in in the 3.55 (If she doesn't win this she will never win) B Cooper takes the ride as well and he jumps off a dessie hughes horse to ride it, but I cant get a price and im afraid he will be 1/3 or something stupid like that. So I take the plunge for a horse called Do na Paisti in Tipperary 2:25:hope. This horse ran in 3 bumpers, before he went for a maiden hurdle in Kilbeggan. He came 2nd to Vinnies Pride who is not a bad horse himself (coming 2nd to The Black Russian the race before that). Also in the Kilbeggan maiden was Fantasy King (3rd) who has won since, beaten horses like Twist of fate (4th), The fox tully (8th) who run here. That race was 20sec slower then the kilbeggen maiden and both were run over same trip and going (G-F). Do na Paisti last run he was 3rd in a DownPatrick bumper and it was over 2m 2f and he was found wanting. Hopefully that was to keep him fit and back over 2m trip 2moro, running off 10-11 and Shane Bulter claiming 5lbs puts in this race nicely. This is the Burger for today, and I know boys, you's are running out of red sauce with all these Burgers im giving out. I have Three horses hopes for 2moro Sox's Girl, Black Cache and Do na paisti. If me pick flops and the other two win ill do me nut:wall. BBOTD .. Do Na Paisti ... 2:25...Tipperary (Sorry No Prices).

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th Brighton 4:50 - Union Events Handicap (6) (D.I) Quite an interesting handicap this and the William Knight trained Bloodsweatandtears is my idea of the winner. He won with a good bit to spare last time out over course and distance and I don't think 6 pounds will stop him if in the same form. He is still very well treated off 63 because he won here at Brighton off 69 in the past. Bloodsweatandtears WIN @ 4/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th Catterick 4.30 - Beat The Shower (1pts win 7/2 William Hill) Returns to Catterick today a track where he usually runs well and ran okay lto here finishing fifth of thirteen and was staying on at the finish so upped in trip today should be a help to him. His mark looks workable and should be thereabouts come the finish.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 6.40 Wolverhampton Agerzam was only beaten 3 lengths last time out behind Dangerous Age will need to find a bit more to turn that around but is still unexposed and could find more for all horses are struggling to make ground up on this surface at present. Port Alfred is another that hasn’t been beaten far lately and remains unexposed, he can race a bit keen which wont help but not totally out of this if handling this surface. First In Command will make more appeal at Southwell despite this course riding slow not sure its enough for him anymore. Royal Bajan has gone totally off the boil and well held around here last time out. Secret Missile was all out to score last time out and both wins this year have been at Bath in 5 runner handicaps so likely to find this a lot more tougher. Top Boy continues to fall in the weights but still likely to find one or two better treated. Triple Dream requires a career best off this mark. Satsuma looks well below his mark at present and has a lot to prove. Rylee Mooch struggles to win these days but is a model of consistency and remains 4lb above last winning mark. Dusty Storm continues to go up the weights without winning but is atleast consistent, only raced the one on the AW around here and that was a decent runner up effort. Has Hughes in the saddle and would be no surprise to see him go well. Dangerous Age has to be my selection her record on the AW is brilliant 4 wins and 4 placed efforts from 8 runs. Has won last 2 starts including last time out over CD on this new surface 10 days ago a 5lb rise makes things tougher again but continues to progress and no surprise to see her make another bold bid especially with that form taking a boost from the runner up who has since won again. 1pt win Dangerous Age 9/2 Hills

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 3.40 LEICESTER My History 15/2 (BetVictor #BOG) 0.5pts E/W It's a purely speculative bet as I don't think this horse has a big chance of winning but 15/2 is a massive and underestimating price imho. It's a leveled field of 9 and this Mark Johnston 3yo horse is getting almost less than 1/9 chance of winning and it's a non-sense as he's the less exposed of the starting-list but already tested over good to firm. Plus the 79 mark seems handy especially with 2f added to his usual distance. He broke his maiden tag at the second time of asking after a head-second on his debut. If he has some room to improve, even if not much, he could place and bringing home some profit for me. Very interesting booking in Kieren Fallon since he's riding pretty well lately and got a cracking winner (16/1 SP) not many days ago.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 2.30 Brighton - Manipulation - win at 7/2 bog bet365 Typical 2yo maiden race with a couple of horses who've finished in the first 3 or 4 in poor looking races at the head of the market but looking vulnerable to anything that might be any good My selection made his debut in a novice race at Kempton. They're generally better races than Maidens as previous winners can run in them. He was beaten about 8 lengths into 3rd, looking green, running on a bit at the finish. The trainer, Simcock, generally leaves plenty to work with on debut runs so expected to come on a lot I'm particularly impressed with Simcock's record with 2yo at Brighton - 6 winners from 14 runs in the last 5 years. It means he doesn't send many here but they know how to win, which might be more important than usual on a quirky track like this. Perhaps shows that the trainer knows what type of horse can handle the track.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th

2.30 Brighton - Manipulation - win at 7/2 bog bet365 Typical 2yo maiden race with a couple of horses who've finished in the first 3 or 4 in poor looking races at the head of the market but looking vulnerable to anything that might be any good My selection made his debut in a novice race at Kempton. They're generally better races than Maidens as previous winners can run in them. He was beaten about 8 lengths into 3rd, looking green, running on a bit at the finish. The trainer, Simcock, generally leaves plenty to work with on debut runs so expected to come on a lot I'm particularly impressed with Simcock's record with 2yo at Brighton - 6 winners from 14 runs in the last 5 years. It means he doesn't send many here but they know how to win, which might be more important than usual on a quirky track like this. Perhaps shows that the trainer knows what type of horse can handle the track.
Sorry BH, this is the 2.20 That's 2 days running I've put the wrong race time.............not sure what's wrong with me but at my age, it ain't gonna get better.................:unsure

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 500 Catterick : Mohawk Ridge EW 25/1 Skybet No jumps again today and cant really fancy much on the flat just now but will give a sporting vote to Mohawk Ridge at Catterick. He goes well here and we can forget his last run on the AW as he never runs well on that surface. Last time on turf was 6th here and that wasnt such a bad run and is on a fair mark. Likes soft ground so today cut will suit and has the useful Conor Beasley on top who claims 5lbs. Seems overpriced to me and could run into a place with everything ideal.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 1640 wolverhampton 1 pt win dangerous age 5/1 bet365 i thought this would be favourite for this, but yet again there seems to be cash for the top weight agerzam,but i read a stat this morning that no stall one handicap winner since 2011,i dont know if that has something to do with the resurface,but back to my filly, she has won her last 2 starts including over course and distance lto with agerzam beaten into 4th,she has also won 3 of her last 5 races, i would hope she can continue her good form

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 4.10 LEICESTER SPIRAEA @ 12/1 Stan James .5ew BOG Interesting that Spencer is booked for hcap debut. Back to 6f today having ran really well over that trip on debut. Excuses on next 2 runs when having a poor draw in a decent Windsor maiden and trip on the sharp side last time out. Gets a decent mark today and should go close at a double figure price.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th 5.45 Leicester - Percythepinto e/w 33/1 bet365 Think this one has a sneaky chance here , penultimate missed the break and lto just wasnt very good but excuses due to the soft ground could be made. Last won on the AW off 55 five starts back , back in dec last year and those two turf runs were after a break of 8months then lto was a month later. Now on a mark of 56 but Clark takes 3lbs off , he has ridden horse to a close place in the past so looks decently enough handicapped. Usually over 7f on decent ground it runs a decent race so those odds look quite big.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th L5.45 Tee it Up Tommo 1pt Win 8/1 William Hill This trainer M Wigham is old school and I looked at this last night thinking that he might have laid this one out for a big run on its handicap debut and the money has been coming for it now so it looks like the horse is going to be trying. He's made a good jockey booking in this apprentice race and the draw should also prove to be favourable. The big plus however is the breeding - progeny of Clodovil have a 25% strike rate round here and you'd have doubled your money if you'd backed them all blind.

Re: BBOTD Tues Oct 8th Well in Boys:spank. Bashing the bas**** bookie. Trotter's tip trots up again:clap. I was just smiting by Smith17s tip:clap , Corky comes in with a corker, and Chris34 your my god punter as well:notworthy. I bow to you. Joeblitz's Tip well it just blitz them:clap. But then the HILLS came alive with the sound of music, 25 to f**king 1 music at that SO un-lucky BH. YOU WERE ROBBED, great TIP though :clap:notworthy:clap. And im still picking burgers:sad SORRY. If this was Best Lay of the Day, I be great:(. Again a Big Thank you to all :spankTuesday's Bookie Bashers:spank. I will leave you with my final thought of the day : Richard Fahey and Sam Bell Smell of shit of the pair of you.