** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Monday 7th October

[b]16.30 Wolverhampton: Sylvia Pankhurst @ 11/1 Bet365[/b] Since winning a good class 4 Handicap at Chester (form works out well) she lost her form, finishing down the field in three subsequent starts. However that's been really good races, as she contested even in a Listed race, and it is fair to say she is better than these forms suggest. She had a little break since August and is of high interest now returning to the All-Weather where she improved rapidly earlier this year, winning three times, including two course and distance wins. She looked to have loads in hand when appearing the last time on the All-Weather, when she won a handicap at Lingfield in really good style off a 6lb lower mark than the current one. She can probably improve on this surface again and it is interesting to see her coming back after her little break fitted with a visor for the first time. She has a nice draw tomorrow, which is important in these sprint races around Wolverhampton and this should play into her hands taking into account that she loves to race handily. All in all 11/1 looks too big, particularly with Martin Harley booked who rides Wolverhampton extremely well.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October 5.20pm @ Windsor 'Legal Waves' 9/1 (Hills) This horse has been showing decent enough speed over shorter and just not getting home but there doesn't look to be any attitude issues, just a little lacking in stamina at this young age. It's gone close a few times and indeed the horses that finished in front of it (Goodwood Mirage, One Pekan and Glorious Protector) are no mugs and have all run credibly in better contests. Tomorrow's is an open race but I definitely think this is overpriced at 9s. Jimmy Fortune pillar to post. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October 3.40 Pontefract Statutory 5/6 SkyBet BOG Another risky nap I think but on a tricky days racing, he is the one I will go for. An improving 3yo against handicappers, his last run sets the standard when beaten 2 and 1/4 lengths by Caucus in a listed race at Newmarket over 2m. Has won at 2m but ran poorly before that at Haydock when there was cut. Should the ground become soft he could prove vulnerable. Has to make the running tomorrow but De Souza doesn't always ride the Johnston horses that way. Anyway, the race revolves around him one way or another. 1 Point win for nap purposes Statutory 5/6 SkyBet BOG

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October Still :nanafrom yesterdays BBOTD Post Well-in Boys:nana Here is todays Burger bet. Todays racing is like looking into a washing machine for me So I'm playing it safe my BBOTD IS Gary Barlow to win the x-factor :rollin put 2 points and a packet of crisps on him. No only messing, im going to put up Liberty Red Pontefract 2.10. for my BBOTD. The reason is more on stats then it is on form but E A L Dunlop has a good record for the little few rides he sends up to Pontefract. He's (1 from 2 in the last year) and (2 wins 1 place from 5 runs in 2012). G Lee takes the ride as he did Lto when 2nd in a Beverly 7f 2yo maiden, he was slowly away and was staying on at the end, could mean he wants further (This is 1m2 a lot further). Its a 2 year old race, so there is a lot of 1st time runners that could be anything. Its risky I know and probably a shit price as well, but its the only horse that Ed Dunlop is sending up to Pontefract 2moro and that's why I am selecting Liberty Red:hope. Its clutching at straws I know, but I cant see Dunlop and Lee going up to Pontefract and coming home empty handed. I cant get a price on the race now, I just hope its half decent. I am also looking forward to IRISHBUGGER (4 in-A-Row) and BillyHill (3 In-A-Row) bets:p, Good luck to you both LIBERTY RED ... 2:10 ..PONTEFRACT

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October Windsor 3:50 - Rhombus Won nicely under an inspired ride by Chris Catlin lto and the jockey returns for this ride. Stepping up in class but Rhombus looks like the improving sort and finished close up in a cl2 a couple of starts ago. Scored a good speed figure and rating for the last run which suggests that another good run is imminent. 4/1 win - bet365

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October 1550 widsor 1pt win rhombus 5/1 sjames im with jay on this one very easy winner last time out and has an 8lb penalty for that,and with i mohammed horse in such good form,he has a 27% strike rate for 2013,and with chris catlin retaining the ride,he has a one for one strike rate for this trainer,and since the gelding moved to this stable from the haggas yard,he has run 4 times,2 wins ,a 2nd and a 4th

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October 14:40 Pontefract Stomp - Roger Charlton horse entering handicaps for the first time today. His yrrd does well here with a rate of 6/15 over the last 5 years. Half brother to Mince who ran best race LTO over distance. Yard not running to bad with Mince winning the other day to take yard 3/10. 1pt win 11/4 Betvic

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October 17.20 Windsor - Cruiser - EW @ 11\2 Corals BOG Course and Distance winner here this year on Good ground and races today off OR 78 7lbs higher than that win. Last 2 runs on the all-weather so ignoring these runs, previous run on turf was also here at Windsor at the same class and distance off todays OR of 78 and was 2nd just under a length behind the winner. Ground, course, class and distance all of no concern and should be competitive today. Was in my tracker after that last run as a horse that has run a race faster than RP Standard time. I like to see horses back at the same track, distance, class and OR that run fast races and the only varience is the ground this time is Good rather than Good to Firm. Been backed and a market mover but this is due to been a Hugh Taylor Selection. Usually avoid his selections or any race he is involved in due to effect he has on the market but feel that Cruiser should run a big race and be involved in the finish.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October 210 Pontefract: Liberty Red 5/2 SJ/Lads Saw this horse when i visited the Dunlop yard last month and looked extremely well. Hasnt fully clicked yet on the racecourse and is still quite immature which you could see in his last race at Beverley when he ran about all over the place. This step up in trip should be ideal and its worth noting he sends him up north rather than burying him in one of those Newmarket maidens which he could have easily gained a fair handicap mark on the qt. The obvious danger is the Godolphin runner but he's been a bit disappointing to me and has had a couple of similar opportunites and not done it.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October Windsor 3:50 - Reading Post Handicap (3) Won a Leicester maiden in good fashion last time out and previous to that seemed to run into a decent Gosden animal again at Leicester where he finished second. The cheekpieces seemed to do the trick last time out and they are on again today and this looks like a potential improver for Clive Cox. Mark of 79 is very fair and should hold every chance. Hassle WIN @ 6/1 Betfred

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October Windsor 2.20 - Throne Room - win at 6/4 bog wm hill Looks a decent 2yo - half brother to 2 gru one winners in Nathaniel and Great Heavens and entered up in the big races Ran well on debut at Yarmouth and the form has been franked by the ones who finished in front of him. That looked a good race with representatives from the top Newmarket yards Should be suited by extra furlong today Always a bit tricky looking at these 2yo maiden races with unraced horses in opposition who could be anything But my selection has the profile of a second time out maiden winner

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October

Windsor 2.20 - Throne Room - win at 6/4 bog wm hill Looks a decent 2yo - half brother to 2 gru one winners in Nathaniel and Great Heavens and entered up in the big races Ran well on debut at Yarmouth and the form has been franked by the ones who finished in front of him. That looked a good race with representatives from the top Newmarket yards Should be suited by extra furlong today Always a bit tricky looking at these 2yo maiden races with unraced horses in opposition who could be anything But my selection has the profile of a second time out maiden winner
Sorry BH.............my horse is in Div 2 of this race at 2.50..............

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October W5.30 Lucky Mountain e/w 28/1 Stan James This one is racing off a really low mark now and I think this jockey is really good value for his 5lb claim. The first time application of headgear and course are positives from a breeding angle as well. The trainer has had a few big priced placed horses this month and hopefully this one can follow suit. There's some bits and pieces of form, one over c&d which suggest that this handicap mark means that any improvement for the change in jockey and headgear could see the horse competitive here.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 7th October Hard Luck Boy's:(, a bad bout of seconditis Today:sad, Well in Joe our only winner:clap, Buick the bas***d, Lets us down on trotters tip and then Robs us on Irishbuggers, Some run Irishbugger. A Sad ending to a great run you were very un-lucky. Good run from aidymac's hassle (I thought he was going to win for you Aidymac he looked well for a long way).We need to support each other at times like this. The greedy bookies will eat tonight, let the fat bas***ds eat :cowfor tomorrow will be a different battle in the war for winners. Sleep Well my tipsters tomorrow we start again. So Ill end with has anybody got any spare change please.:ok