** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sunderland v Manchester United (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th We'll see what sort of shape United are in after a very long (and probably unprofitable) trip to Ukraine I thought Sunderland were the better team yesterday despite losing and 6.5 at home against a team struggling for form looks massive value IMO Hope I'm wrong :)

I don't expect man utd to bounce back at all. they are terrible at the moment and there is no coherency in the team. three games lost already I think this will be fourth
I hope these initial thoughts push the price up on United, that's all I can say. Firstly even SAF had the odd poor result, especially at home. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't take them at odds on away because there are doubt's but I don't see a crisis and the over reaction shouldn't be to jump on Sunderland. It was only five minutes ago they were down and nothing's changed. Di Canio's gone but all is left is a team full of players signed in the summer that weren't happy being trained hard, coached hard etc. Don't see any cause for optimism and United should use this game similarly to how Liverpool did.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th Agree with Jase. Man U are poor atm but this is Sunderland who have a serious lack of quality in the team and I think that much more than Di Canio is the reason for the results. Good squad playing badly vs. Bad squad playing badly Expect them to play Man U into some sort of form with United snatching a result.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th As much as I want to take United on here, I just dont trust Sunderland. This does look a dour game with both sides struggling for goals. 30/49 games United and Sunderland have been involved in v respective oppo have gone under, whilst 61/125 out of the previous bottom 5 v 6-10 contests have also gone under. With a midweek CL trip for United, I can see this being a tame affair. In fact, last 4 h2h's at SoL have gone under 1.5 with United keeping 4 consecutive clean sheets. Under 2.5 1.95

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th Come on guys it's United you are talking about.If this game was an year before you would determine it as the bet of the weekend given the odds.1.6 on United who visits one of the worst teams in the league with 1 point from 6 and 2.2 goals conceded per game?!AND there is no time for Moyes,UTD need points.It is true that they were awful vs WBA with bad midfield,lacking creativity and etc.but against Shakhtor they looked ok and took a lesson.1.6 for United no matter in what shape they are is a gift against a pathetic side like Sunderland...Still the bet of the weekend to me.0-2 CS

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th

I hope these initial thoughts push the price up on United' date=' that's all I can say. Firstly even SAF had the odd poor result, especially at home. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't take them at odds on away because there are doubt's but I don't see a crisis and the over reaction shouldn't be to jump on Sunderland. It was only five minutes ago they were down and nothing's changed. Di Canio's gone but all is left is a team full of players signed in the summer that weren't happy being trained hard, coached hard etc. Don't see any cause for optimism and United should use this game similarly to how Liverpool did.[/quote'] Yep.That's exactly what is happening.Yesterday bet365 was offering price of 1.55 for United win and 1.625 on -0.5AH.About 10 mins ago i took 1.65 United to win.Everything above 1.5 for an away win is value to me so i am happy to take it

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th As a United fan, I would want 1.80 to have a bet on them. The only option for this game is to get on United after 15-20 minutes, you need to see how they are playing to get involved for me. I watched the 2nd half of the Sunderland v Liverpool game and it was far from one-sided, Sunderland played very well actually. I would also say Liverpool now have the best striker partnership in the league and that proved to be the difference. I hope and think United should win the game, but I need to see a lot more improvement before getting stuck in at 1.6ish away from home.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th If Moyes pairs RVP with Welbeck and Rooney playing just off those two, it should be game over. Evans needs to partner Vidic. If Utd don't beat Sunderland, they'll be in a full blown crisis.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th I don't think you can touch this until you see who Moyes sets out, and his starting formation .... The first spark I have seen from United this season was Welbeck and Cleverly working their socks off, midweek. Kagawa is outof the picture, especially after being subbed 1st half last week. OK , so leave him out then, and let him go back to Dortmund in a player swap. I though Fellani had another poor game. He gave the ball away, and looked slow when asked to show pace. Donesk played around him. I would love to see Vidic and Fellani start as center backs. Fellani has all those characteristics of the great Man United defenders. ( Gary Pallister, Paul McGrath , Jaap Stam ... the core of all those great Man U teams Fergie built). The guy is really tall, strong, and almost unbeatable in the air. It's so obvious where he should play !!! I think that Chris Smalling is a better all-round athlete, than Fellani. Let him and Jones rotate in midfield as a holding, tackling midfielder (ala Paul Scholes). Valencia has been unimpressive, and Young has shown almost nothing this season. Play van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck , ( Nani, smalling, Jones) , Carrick , Cleverly as your midfield. Fellani, Vidic, Rafeal, Evra back 4 . Everyone says Nani is a waste of time , but I think he can be outstanding. He's is one of the best 2 footed players in the EPL. So he may be a slight defensive liability. Big deal, get over it !!! You need creativity as well. The guy will get better with games and has to play. They extended his contract for another 5 years because they see and believe in his talent and ability. Enough, just play him !!!!! I will leave this game alone, until I see the Man U lineup and formation. It's time for David Moyes to find his core group and stop rotating .....

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th After a bit of thinking, i decided to take United win by one @~3.5...i can't see any other value here, and being 10 points behind (if Arsenal win) would be too much i guess, so i hope they can nick it, otherwise they are screwed and the season hasn't even started yet. Sunderland are decent side, and they can make problems to anyone at home, but this bet is based purely on quality of the teams and Utd urgency to win.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th Nani can be world class - has one brilliant game and then thinks he's done enough to be picked every week so doesn't do what he did in that great game He was brilliant in the first 20 minutes against WBA but then went missing until the last 5 Agree Fellaini has all the attributes for a great centre half - he was exposed against Shakhtar but he needs games to fit into the side and chopping and changing him is not the answer Young is NOT United class - I've said that since we signed him and nothing has changed that view Although I'm a big fan of wingers and United's heritage of having top wingers I really feel that we need to play a narrow formation and use the attacking ability of Evra and Rafa - we DO have some world class (or potential world class) players - Moysie said we didn't to decrease expectation and take some pressure off him We need to find a system where we play ALL our talent (Rooney, RVP, Chico and Kags) - maybe even play 3 CBs and wing backs? Maybe something like this: De Gea Jones Fellaini Vidic Rafa Evra Carrick Kagawa RVP Chico Rooney LOL - formatting didn't work Basically 3 CBs - Rafa and Evra wingbacks - Carrick holding and Kags supporting playmaker - RVP and Rooney rotating as inside forwards No better time to try something new than against the bottom team :) Let's dominate teams like we used to

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th 4pts Under 2.5 goals Evs Coral Most people would expect Manchester United to win this match but there’s no value in them given their recent matches. One thing I expect to see from them here is a much tighter backline. Moyes is a manager who builds from the back so I think they will keep things tight here and after a tough game in midweek and long journey they might just labour their way to a win given the under 2.5 goals every chance to land at even money. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunderland-vs-man-utd-betting-united-can-labour-to-a-low-key-win-at-the-stadium-of-light

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th Okay. I only post winners. Say what you want about my reasoning, but look back at my picks and I have a pretty good record. This game is my second largest wager of the weekend. ManUnited -155 to win. Plain and simple, this is a match featuring a giant and a small club. Sunderland is not very good. Those backing Sunderland will be hoping for a miracle. It's not going to come in. Sunderland has a few decent pieces, and I can see this team coming together in a bit, but, not tomorrow. Adam Johnson has fallen from any type of threat is a non-pressence any longer. Giacherini's work rate is still nice but he will not be much of a factor, and Altidore will not have much if any opportunity to press United's defense. Honestly, outside of a Seb Larsson set piece, I don't think Sunderland will have much opportunity if any to score. I don't like playing against Sunderland at home (for the most part), but I have a hard time seeing a scenario where Sunderland grab a point. Truth be told, I had a hard time seeing WBA grabbing a point (or three ffs) last week, but I did not lay the heavy United home odds, and passed that game altogether. United is a bit of a mess right now, yes. But, they have a few things going for them. They are comfortable in CL play after the home win and away draw. Not a great performance @ Shatkar, but not the easiest place to play for sure. United is deep, and Moyes NEEDS this game. No two ways about it. United not scored from open play since their opener, and don't think they haven't factored this in. Goals need to be scored. And what better medicine than a banged up team that can let up goals. This could easily be setup as a trap game, but United 12th on the table right now? No fucking way this goes other than a United win. Put my reputation on that. United's last game they dominated the first half and had nothing to show for it. The longer a home game goes without a goal, the higher the pressure. Same could be said on the road, but United is scoring this game. Sure, this reads like a play with Red Devils glasses, but if United doesn't take the full 3 points here, heads are going to roll, and not mine, that's for sure. United wins here 2 - 0, 3 - 0. Don't mess around. G'luck

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th Thinking about this game, and Fergie last season. Fergie already saw the warning signs in terms of defense last year. And Man U adjusted fantastically. They had a 'we score, you score, we score again' attitude away from home last season. The games were morbidly fascinating, yet brilliant to watch !!! Goals, huge emotional swings, betting money swings. It was unique and captivating. THAT AWAY FORM won them the league by 11 points last season. Better to win 2 games and get hammered once (every three) , than go 1 win, 1 draw , 1 loss every three. Do this though the season (ie. philosophy : play an open game against the lesser teams) and it's almost 30 points versus 20 (5 x6 versus 5 x 4) Sometimes attack is the best form of defense. It works for Barcelona and Real Madrid, so it can work for United as well. Still waiting for the lineups. Would love to see Moyes back his team as an attacking force and go for it. Set them up for goals, and go and do it !!

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th DAMN, but I am impatient for this weekends game's to start. Like a dog with 9 di__ks in a street full of lamposts. Worst thing you can do as a punter, is come to the game eager to bet ! Anyone have team news for this game ?

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th You are my Adnan, my only Adnan You make me happy while we're away You look so classy, and even sassy And you make Young look really GAY *disclaimer - there is nothing wrong with looking gay - just had trouble rhyming :D

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th

Come on guys it's United you are talking about.If this game was an year before you would determine it as the bet of the weekend given the odds.1.6 on United who visits one of the worst teams in the league with 1 point from 6 and 2.2 goals conceded per game?!AND there is no time for Moyes' date='UTD need points.It is true that they were awful vs WBA with bad midfield,lacking creativity and etc.but against Shakhtor they looked ok and took a lesson.1.6 for United no matter in what shape they are is a gift against a pathetic side like Sunderland...Still the bet of the weekend to me.0-2 CS[/quote'] nice

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Saturday October 5th Could have been very different if Shaggy hadn't made that brilliant save when we were 1-0 down As much a hero as Adnan :) Adnan, Shaggy and Rooney outstanding but everyone else still average and Vida had the worst game I've ever seen from him :( Good three points though and very much needed - don't want to get even further behind the leader at this stage Adnan for England!! :D