England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 7 September 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Aldershot Town v Macclesfield Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Alfreton Town v Woking (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.44 % [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Braintree Town v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chester FC v Dartford (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Halifax Town v Barnet (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gateshead v Hereford United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hyde FC v Cambridge United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lincoln City v Salisbury City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Luton Town v Grimsby Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nuneaton Town v Wrexham (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tamworth v Southport (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Welling United v Kidderminster Harriers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15/8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 Harrow Borough Council have turned down Barnet's revised plans for the main stand and floodlights at the Hive - elements that are already in place. The club will appeal, no doubt, and some sort of fudge worked out but this is worth keeping an eye on as the club is unlikely to be allowed back into the Football League without full planning consent. The consequences of this decision will cause hardly a ripple now, but may be felt later in the season.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 One early spread play: a sell of the time of the 2nd Alfreton Town goal at 74 with Spreadex. They've been front-footed (and pretty wide open) at home, but I don't quote trust them enough even after three home wins to back them on the supremacy. They have some defensive issues at the moment and although that is party solved by the signing of Lathaniel Rowe-Turner on loan I think they might concede. But they'll surely have some joy against a Woking defensive unit that is looking a touch out of sorts, with a worryingly transitional feel at the moment. I see quite a few goals in this one - and I wouldn't put anyone off total goals - but Alfreton have enough power up front to notch reasonably early and I can see some upside to the trade.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 I've bought Gateshead's supremacy at 0.1 with Spreadex. Their form has improved a touch with a switch back to 4-4-2 and the arrival of Gary Mills will sharpen the appetite further. I'd like to withdraw the statement I made in the antepost thread that Anth Smith had a chuffing clue what he was doing, but the fact remains that they are a decent squad, way stronger and better funded this season. It's a good gig for Mills and I think they'll be top half before long. Hereford United are in a good place in the league but performances have been a touch scratchy (Welling deserved something on Saturday) and they have a host of injuries to deal with that is stretching the small squad. They've also found it hard to close out games this season and they allow their opponents a sporting number of chances.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 Alfreton v Woking Alfreton are three from three at home in the Skrill Premier so far this season and I think they can make it four on Saturday against Woking. Alfreton look as if they are turning into a home side as they have lost all three away games this term and thus I wouldn’t read much into their comfortable defeat by Forest Green Rovers last weekend. Woking are really struggling so far this season which is a bit of a surprise. Their only win to date was against a Chester side who were pointless until their win last week against Wrexham and with Alfreton looking so strong at home I think they will struggle again. BetVictor’s price of 7/5 makes plenty of appeal. Gateshead v Hereford Gateshead have got off to a very slow start, but got their first win of the season against Woking last Saturday and although Woking aren’t playing very well themselves, I think that victory might kick start Gateshead’s season. The other crucial factor here is that Gary Mills is taking charge of Gateshead for the first time and I expect that will see an upturn in performance. On the face of it Hereford are doing well, but as I wrote when I tipped Alfreton to beat them the other week, they haven’t really been playing that well. They beat Welling last weekend, but they were lucky to do so and I think they will suffer their second defeat of the season at an improved Gateshead side. BetVictor’s 8/5 is very appealing. Luton v Grimsby With it being Non-League Day on Saturday the attention is on non-league football at the weekend and this game is the one BT Sport have decided to show at 5.30 on Saturday afternoon. Grimsby are above Luton in the table, but they have had the easier games and they have not been impressing. They were on BT Sport on Bank Holiday Monday and I wasn’t impressed by what I saw and they were fortunate to get a 1-0 victory over Hyde. Luton have had a slow start as well, but draws with Forest Green and Cambridge United were decent efforts and then they beat Kidderminster 2-0 last Saturday. Luton have only conceded two goals all season, but on the other hand have only scored five, including two penalties in the Kidderminster victory. The lack of goals is a concern and obviously many will look at the under 2.5 goals market, but I think there is enough value in a home victory (23/20) to get involved. Welling v Kidderminster Welling are yet again over-priced to win at home just as they were against Grimsby when I tipped them up a few weeks ago. Kidderminster’s form isn’t actually anything special so far and wins against Gateshead, Braintree and Chester isn’t an awful lot to write home about. Having lost their other three games and with Welling’s superb home record they are too big at William Hill’s 23/10 to claim another home victory.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 Sadly for me Nuneaton to beat Wrexham is my pick, but you should never let your heart rule your wallet. We have been poor so far and the last two performances, away at Lincoln and then home versus Chester, had little to recommend them. Defensively we are light and porous at the moment, mainly because of injuries. Our midfield is missing Harris and Keates, who make it function, and our forward line at the moment is firghtened to shoot even if they get the ball. The only bright spot there was Bradley Reed who has now gone to Wolves but was loaned back to us for a month. However, wait for this, he is unlikely to feature as he requires international clearance to go to Wolves and then international clearance to come back!! With Ogleby off with the U21's (that 1-0 defeat to san Marino is a doozy!) our forward line could look positively geriatric...and we head off to face a Nuneaton team surprising everyone at the moment, playing with confidence both at the end of last season and this...they have only lost 2 of their last 21 league games and that was agianst Kiddy and Newport last season. This season the have turned over Kiddy and Grimsby already There is 7/5 available on Nuneaton and, to cheer me up tomorrow, I will have a piece of that.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7

Sadly for me Nuneaton to beat Wrexham is my pick, but you should never let your heart rule your wallet. We have been poor so far and the last two performances, away at Lincoln and then home versus Chester, had little to recommend them. Defensively we are light and porous at the moment, mainly because of injuries. Our midfield is missing Harris and Keates, who make it function, and our forward line at the moment is firghtened to shoot even if they get the ball. The only bright spot there was Bradley Reed who has now gone to Wolves but was loaned back to us for a month. However, wait for this, he is unlikely to feature as he requires international clearance to go to Wolves and then international clearance to come back!! With Ogleby off with the U21's (that 1-0 defeat to san Marino is a doozy!) our forward line could look positively geriatric...and we head off to face a Nuneaton team surprising everyone at the moment, playing with confidence both at the end of last season and this...they have only lost 2 of their last 21 league games and that was agianst Kiddy and Newport last season. This season the have turned over Kiddy and Grimsby already There is 7/5 available on Nuneaton and, to cheer me up tomorrow, I will have a piece of that.
That last stat is pretty amazing really given they don't have that strong a squad and I still think they could end up going down. I was tempted but I am not sure there is a lot of value in the price, but that could be down to it being Nuneaton and can't fault you for wanting to back them.

That last stat is pretty amazing really given they don't have that strong a squad and I still think they could end up going down. I was tempted but I am not sure there is a lot of value in the price' date=' but that could be down to it being Nuneaton and can't fault you for wanting to back them.[/quote'] Looking at the respective positions how can 7/5 not be value. We are devoid of confidence at the moment. I don't think we had a shot on target at home to Chester and if the players didn't get up for the derby then there are problems. Sent from my HTC One X using PL Forum

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 TV preview: 4pts Luton vs Grimsby - Under 2.5 goals 10/11 William Hill 1pt No goalscorer 10/1 Coral Under 2.5 goals looks good to me here. So far this season Luton’s strikers haven’t scored a goal. They’ve only scored five goals as a team in their first six matches, three from the penalty spot, but they’ve only conceded twice and one of them was a viciously deflected free kick which was going nowhere near the goal until the deflection. Luton are well organised and hard to break down. Grimsby are generally tight at the back too but haven’t looked the most fluent going forward so this, while being competitive, could be quite low scoring, so much so that a small stake on no goalscorer is also worth a go. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/luton-vs-grimsby-betting-kenilworth-road-may-be-short-of-goals-on-non-league-day

TV preview: 4pts Luton vs Grimsby - Under 2.5 goals 10/11 William Hill 1pt No goalscorer 10/1 Coral Under 2.5 goals looks good to me here. So far this season Luton’s strikers haven’t scored a goal. They’ve only scored five goals as a team in their first six matches, three from the penalty spot, but they’ve only conceded twice and one of them was a viciously deflected free kick which was going nowhere near the goal until the deflection. Luton are well organised and hard to break down. Grimsby are generally tight at the back too but haven’t looked the most fluent going forward so this, while being competitive, could be quite low scoring, so much so that a small stake on no goalscorer is also worth a go. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/luton-vs-grimsby-betting-kenilworth-road-may-be-short-of-goals-on-non-league-day
Interesting stuff, Kevshat. I think the match now has a very different feel to it with the departure of Scott and it is really difficult to know how the Grimsby side will react. The cause of him leaving will come out in good time, and all we know is that it was not performance related, and therefore something he's done that the directors judge as a step too far. The question is, is it a one-off incident or the latest in a long line? There are some rumours it's related to a series of arguments with a player followed by a confrontation with a senior delegation of players. If true, the focus is on his management style - very much the bad cop to Paul Hurst's good cop (he's quite shouty). But I'm not entirely sure this explanation holds water as the players do seem to have bought into the management team. They have been, of course, incredibly successful as a partnership across non-league - without a shadow of a doubt, close to being the best in the business in recent seasons. They haven't won anything at Grimsby but they have reversed a decade of failure and mismanagement, and turned them into a credible outfit on a much smaller budget than previous managers had to play with. This deserves much credit. The main complaints about Scott have come from Grimsby fans, whose sense of entitlement as an ex-league club is laughably gigantic. So, all we know is that he was pushed. If it was with the help of the players, the team may well feel that the shackles are off, even though Hurst is still there. If it was for some one-off incident, Paul Hurst will clearly be thinking about his future - he may only be staying for this one. That could have a detrimental effect on the performance today. On balance I think this development is bad for Grimsby and will help Luton - it's going to be fascinating viewing.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 One final spread trade for me: a buy of John Akinde's goal minutes at 22 with Sporting. It's a risk, as I am already on Alfreton's second goal (so if it finishes 0-0 I'm a double loser) but with four in three home games so far Akinde has started strongly, and they've a way of playing that suits him. He was reasonably lively at FGR, too and it's tempting to think he'll be in amongst it today.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 See this thread: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/142122-What-happens-to-teams-the-match-after-having-two-men-sent-off Since I started keeping track a few weeks back, home sides the game after having two men sent off are 11-2-1 at odds of 4.0 or below. Halifax listed at 3.16, and of course I hate the pick. Halifax were already in this position once, and they beat Wrexham 3-2 @ 3.53. Barnet seem way too good an outfit to fall here. Anybody have any thoughts about this one?

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 No doubt I will regret this, but in addition to my usual draws (Hyde, Salisbury, Macclesfield @ 3.71, 3.81 and 3.71, 5dimes), I have gone for Dartford to win outright at Chester (4.35). Getting greedy, but Dartford just aren't a draw outfit and both sides need the points. I see them poaching 3 points. Also took Halifax against my better judgment.

No doubt I will regret this, but in addition to my usual draws (Hyde, Salisbury, Macclesfield @ 3.71, 3.81 and 3.71, 5dimes), I have gone for Dartford to win outright at Chester (4.35). Getting greedy, but Dartford just aren't a draw outfit and both sides need the points. I see them poaching 3 points. Also took Halifax against my better judgment.
Typical...Halifax win when I'm feeling queasy about it. Meanwhile Salisbury win outright when I'm on the draw and Dartford draw when I'm on the win. I should really do the opposite of whatever I think.

TV preview: 4pts Luton vs Grimsby - Under 2.5 goals 10/11 William Hill 1pt No goalscorer 10/1 Coral Under 2.5 goals looks good to me here. So far this season Luton’s strikers haven’t scored a goal. They’ve only scored five goals as a team in their first six matches, three from the penalty spot, but they’ve only conceded twice and one of them was a viciously deflected free kick which was going nowhere near the goal until the deflection. Luton are well organised and hard to break down. Grimsby are generally tight at the back too but haven’t looked the most fluent going forward so this, while being competitive, could be quite low scoring, so much so that a small stake on no goalscorer is also worth a go. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/luton-vs-grimsby-betting-kenilworth-road-may-be-short-of-goals-on-non-league-day
Quality bit of tipping that Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Well done, Kev. Not on myself unfortunately, but still good to see it come in.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 Easy to see why Luton have scored so few this season. They look very light weight up front and Gray looks half the player he has been in the last couple of seasons. Grimsby created very little themselves and I really should have just lumped on the unders like Kev.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 Very good day on the spreads. Alfreton's 2nd came early enough for a 31 point profit, though I handed a good part of that back with Akinde failing to score, but Gateshead supremacy came in nicely with 0.9 points to the good. Great calls on Alfreton and Gateshead by addpea and BartonBank on Nunny, and superb by ATT on Halifax, but pride of place to Kevshat tonight for a double pick on the live game - unders and the monster 10/1 no goalscorer - brilliant stuff!

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 Cheers all. Plenty of good calls around today in another excellent non-league thread.

Gray looks half the player he has been in the last couple of seasons.
How can you make such a definitive statement from one 70 minutes :eek:eek.

Cheers all. Plenty of good calls around today in another excellent non-league thread. How can you make such a definitive statement from one 70 minutes :eek:eek.
How many goals has he scored this season? You have outplayed one of last seasons play-off contenders and not won and that was down to a lack of quality in the final third. Basis of a good team who will challenge but you need to start scoring goals pretty soon.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 He hasn't scored any but he's been wiped out for 3 penalties and hit the post a couple of times. He was nowhere near his best today but to say he's half the player he was is complete nonsense. Goals will come when everyone is back fit and firing and when they do we'll be absolutely fine this season.

He hasn't scored any but he's been wiped out for 3 penalties and hit the post a couple of times. He was nowhere near his best today but to say he's half the player he was is complete nonsense. Goals will come when everyone is back fit and firing and when they do we'll be absolutely fine this season.
Sure you have made the same sort of comment every season ;). To be fair you have started exactly how I thought you would which is nice as you have drifted out in the betting as I had hoped and if things do start to change I will be ready to pounce.

Sure you have made the same sort of comment every season ;). To be fair you have started exactly how I thought you would which is nice as you have drifted out in the betting as I had hoped and if things do start to change I will be ready to pounce.
I never made it last season. We were shipping stupid goals like confetti. Every other year we've lost in the playoffs. This year we don't even look like conceding. Put goals on it and we'll go very close.

I never made it last season. We were shipping stupid goals like confetti. Every other year we've lost in the playoffs. This year we don't even look like conceding. Put goals on it and we'll go very close.
I think I am right in saying that you have scored just two goals from open play in seven games. That is poor whatever way you loook at it. You never really looked like scoring yesterday bar the clearance off the line and their keeper never had a serious save to make. Obviously you didn't look like giving a goal away yesterday (although Grimsby could have had a penalty), but Grimsby never threatened at all and for me didn't exactly put your defence under that much pressure. Certainly will be an interesting game on Friday night with a badly out of form Wrexham hosting a goal shy Luton.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Sept 7 Don't recall saying it wasn't poor but it isn't going to be like that all season. The quality we've got up front when everyone is fit dictates that. On another day we could easily have had 5 in the first half yesterday with a little bit more composure and a bit more luck but that will come with a bit of confidence.