** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sat 31st august

corky

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 3.50 Sandown - Danchai 1pt win @ 11/1 Bet365 I'm all over Danchai here who I am willing to forgive a disappointing effort at Haydock. Prior to that run he had looked very progressive. On his first try at 10f he won the John Smith's Cup at York beating his more fancied stable mate Stencive off a mark of 92. He is up 7lbs, which is the same mark as what he raced at Haydock but I feel he should still be competitive. I don't think he gave his true running at Haydock as he was beaten too far. If he can build on his win at York then surely he will go close here with his winning rider Andrea Atzeni back on board for this. He has 2 solid runs at the track to his name and his chance is there for all to see. Hopefully he will run much better then Breden did today!

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 1625 sandown 1pt win lilyfire 11/4 bet365 this looks a cracking little nursery,8 runners,in which you could make case for most of them, but i had lillyfire in my tracker after her win in a 18 runner maiden in which she finished strongly to win going away,the trainer said before the race, that she would need the run that day, so im hoping with a race under her belt she can win here,james doyle for the roger charlton yard and with the news he is being retained for mr k abdullah, he can repay his faith, she also has an entry at ffos las on monday

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 14:30 BEVERLEY CALEDONIA LADY @ 10/1 BETVICTOR What many people will think is a negative, i will turn into a positive... STALL 15 in a 15 runner race. The running style of this horse, and just from watching past races, i can see this horse overcoming this draw. Yes it's a 5 furlong sprint, but she overcame being drawn in stall 9 out of 13 at Sandown last year, and once again today will come late and fast. This stiff uphill finish at Beverley is made for her, you only need to look back at last weeks run at York, travelled really well, but met a lot of trouble that day. Haven't got luck of the draw ( stall 15, not a problem ) but hopeful she will get the luck in the race ! Milesey

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august Sandown 14.40 Kingman 4/9 Stan James There is a lot of Hype around Kingman, but i feel that hype is correct. This horse has many top class physical traits, that are very similar to Frankel in my view. I have watched many photos of that horse from different angles and it just makes the wow feeling in me. Its the best 2 year old ive seen so far so i would take any price vs any opposition, if the horse behaves in a normal way before the race. Im really interested if this one is that good or im wrong. I edited bookie from racebets to Stan James...!

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august Sandown 2.05 - Sir Maximillian 20/1 Stan James BOG I cant honestly say this is my best chance of the day but I think his price underestimates his chances. He has run some good races in defeat, firstly behind the highly progressive Demora at Nottingham where he was hampered when leaving the stalls but still did well enough to finish 4th. He then ran well to be 2nd at Chester when having to run a little wide by which time the winner had gained a decisive lead (winner and 3rd look progressive types too). He again ran at Chester but this time over 6f again having to run wide having had to be waited with in midfield, coming home fairly well at the end. Then LTO at Donny was a bit of a disappointment as I thought that race would be perfect for him, but at the time I did think the near side runners were at an advantage at the finish and considering they filled the first 5 or 6 places I think there is probably enough evidence to suggest that may have been possible. I perfectly accept that this is where there is a fine line between straw clutching and good analysis but I am hoping its the latter tomorrow. With regards to the draw, it isnt great but other than stall 1 (which is filled by a no-hoper IMO) and 2 (running style wont suit) I dont think there is that much in it, although if Burning Thread from stall 3 is in form (inconsistent) then he could also go very close but plenty short enough for the time being.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august

Sandown 14.40 Kingman 1/2 racebets.com There is a lot of Hype around Kingman, but i feel that hype is correct. This horse has many top class physical traits, that are very similar to Frankel in my view. I have watched many photos of that horse from different angles and it just makes the wow feeling in me. Its the best 2 year old ive seen so far so i would take any price vs any opposition, if the horse behaves in a normal way before the race. Im really interested if this one is that good or im wrong.
You can't use Racebets.com, please read the rules.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 2.55 Chester: Alejandro, 6/1 boylesports, win Alejandro arrives here in good form. He won lto over 7f at Musselburgh. Second ran well nto in a strong handicap at York while third and fifth won nto. He finished 1L behind Magic City in a good handicap at Glorious Goodwood. MC won with a bit in hand nto off a seven pound higher mark. The ground will suit and the trip is perfect. Trainer Richard Fahey is in good form and Lee Topliss is in the saddle.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august Tangerine Trees 2.30 Beverley A cracking renewal of this Listed sprint. Last years winner Borderlescott is in again but he's come back from retirement not the force of old. The runner up to him, Masamah is here again but this also looks a stronger race than last year. Ballista should go well but is giving them all weight for a Listed win & is drawn wide in 13. Excellette & Caledonia Lady are also drawn wide & while it doesn't seem the kiss of death it once was here it's still not ideal. York Glory tries to add a Listed win to some top class handicap form & ran a good race in the Nunthorpe. I'm going with the 2011 winner Tangerine Trees. 6 is not a bad stall & he goes on any ground, you need to forgive him his last two starts but he's had a little break, goes well fresh & on the pick of his form he'd take some catching. Bet. Tangerine Trees 1pt win @ 10/1 Boylesports.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 2.05pm @ Sandown 'Joe Packet' 13/2 (Bet Victor) Horse has been running mainly consistently in decent races this season and been quite unlucky more than once. Running style should negate what doesn't appear a great draw. Best race in the last few has probably been at this track too and won't lack anything from the saddle. Expecting to see this bounce out and make all given it has stamina for slightly longer and speed to burn. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 230 Beverley: Doc Hay 18/1 Stan James Drawn well and was only 6 lengths behind Sole Power at Ascot, this is a drop in class and hit form at this time last season and ended up winning the big sprint at Doncaster last September. Trainer David O'Meara going great guns and is way over priced in my opinion. May as well go for glory on the last day and try and make the dormant leader get out of bed.:p Good luck all:ok

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 19:00 Market Rasen 2m 1f Class 4 Emerald Green Feeds Handicap Hurdle Selection: Dont Take Me Alive – 11/4 Bet365 AP McCoy is booked to ride the likely favourite Strongly Suggested in this race, and after showing good form in his last four races, including winning twice and being placed on the other two occasions, he could take all the beating. However, is looks high enough in the weights now on a mark of 117 and he’s worth taking on with Noel Fehily’s mount, Dont Take Me Alive. He’s won twice to date, including over course and distance back in June when winning a Class 5 Handicap Hurdle. After racing in the rear for much of the race he came into contention with ease and pulled clear of the rest of the field with Mighty Clarets, staying on gamely inside the final furlong to win by a neck. Since that win he has been raised 11lb in total, but he did run well last time out on a mark of 107 when 2nd of 7 over 2 miles at Southwell in a Class 4 Handicap Hurdle. Beaten 4 lengths by the winner, Cut The Cards, it was still a good performance as the winner was completing a hat trick of wins. The ground was Soft, Good to Soft in places that race which may not have helped his chances, and returning to ground which is currently Good, Good to Firm in places (Watered) should be preferred. Back in 3rd was Taaresh who went on to win by 2 1/2 lengths in a Class 4 contest at Worcester next time out to strengthen the selections form too. As mentioned, Strongly Suggested could be tough to beat but he can be opposed and conditions look set to suit for Dont Take Me Alive and it looks a good opportunity for him to add another victory to his name. Noel Fehily keeps the ride and he is more than capable of getting this horse home.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 14.55 Chester: Ayaar @ 11/1 Bet365 A clear return to form from Ayaar here at Chester a fortnight ago. He looked a bit awkward at the beginning of the race, had to be pushed forward right after jumping off the gates just to pull very hard seconds later. He travelled then very well in the middle of the pack for the reminders of the race, in fact he was going much the strongest 3f out. But while the eventual winner and runners-up had the run of the race from the front, Ayaar was locked on the inside and had to delay his challenge. Turning for home he switched to the outside, turning widest of all, which cost vital momentum. Finally balanced and straighten up he flew home the final 300m or so but the two leaders weren't to catch. This was a very nice performance nonetheless. A clear return to form after a rather disappointing year so far. He looked so promising as a 2yo last season, when he won a Group 3 in Germany, beating this years German Oaks win Penelopa in second. Ayaar is down to a good mark now I feel anyway, and I find it interesting to see him running against older horses for the first time again. This is the time of the year when 3yo can have a real advantage in open contests and the weight for age allowance can make a huge difference for Ayaar. He has a decent draw as well, so he should be able to get a good position early on, and then he must have every chance to be in the mix. He's overpriced in my mind, no doubt.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 7.20 Killarney Capitol Hill 13/8 BetVictor BOG Capitol Hill won over this course and distance in July on fast ground and then won again on soft at Galway. Course form is an advantage here. Of the opposition Ravello Again won a maiden at Bellewstown and in the context of this race, that form isnt good enough, while Waver drops back 6f today having run over 14f lto and is not totally dismissed. However I will stick with the cd form. 1 Point win for nap purposes Capitol Hill 13/8 BOG

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 2:40 Sandwon Music Theory 4/1 Ladbrokes Kingman's odds are too short because of the hype and the overreaction from the public. Music Theory won his last 2 races in impressive fashion and is a classy horse. Music Theory is the only front runner in this 4 runner-race and could get a soft lead and make all like in his last race. Barzalona has the ride, he is a smart jockey and I am sure he will take the lead soon. Musical Theory has a tactical advantage and 4/1 is good value in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august 5.00 Sandown - 1pt win Starlight Symphony @ 18/1 (VC) Had been in form before showing nothing last time out but that came quickly off the back of a good effort at Bath. Clearly not the easiest (hung the race away when beaten a head on that occasion). Looks like a strongly-run mile is ideal and Tom Queally takes over in the saddle. Hopefully he can time it right and now she's had a break to get over her latest exertions, I think she can put that disappointment behind her and go well at a nice price.

Re: BBOTD Sat 31st august Later runners;

19:00 Market Rasen 2m 1f Class 4 Emerald Green Feeds Handicap Hurdle Selection: Dont Take Me Alive – 11/4 Bet365 AP McCoy is booked to ride the likely favourite Strongly Suggested in this race, and after showing good form in his last four races, including winning twice and being placed on the other two occasions, he could take all the beating. However, is looks high enough in the weights now on a mark of 117 and he’s worth taking on with Noel Fehily’s mount, Dont Take Me Alive. He’s won twice to date, including over course and distance back in June when winning a Class 5 Handicap Hurdle. After racing in the rear for much of the race he came into contention with ease and pulled clear of the rest of the field with Mighty Clarets, staying on gamely inside the final furlong to win by a neck. Since that win he has been raised 11lb in total, but he did run well last time out on a mark of 107 when 2nd of 7 over 2 miles at Southwell in a Class 4 Handicap Hurdle. Beaten 4 lengths by the winner, Cut The Cards, it was still a good performance as the winner was completing a hat trick of wins. The ground was Soft, Good to Soft in places that race which may not have helped his chances, and returning to ground which is currently Good, Good to Firm in places (Watered) should be preferred. Back in 3rd was Taaresh who went on to win by 2 1/2 lengths in a Class 4 contest at Worcester next time out to strengthen the selections form too. As mentioned, Strongly Suggested could be tough to beat but he can be opposed and conditions look set to suit for Dont Take Me Alive and it looks a good opportunity for him to add another victory to his name. Noel Fehily keeps the ride and he is more than capable of getting this horse home.
7.20 Killarney Capitol Hill 13/8 BetVictor BOG Capitol Hill won over this course and distance in July on fast ground and then won again on soft at Galway. Course form is an advantage here. Of the opposition Ravello Again won a maiden at Bellewstown and in the context of this race, that form isnt good enough, while Waver drops back 6f today having run over 14f lto and is not totally dismissed. However I will stick with the cd form. 1 Point win for nap purposes Capitol Hill 13/8 BOG