Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Chelsea (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August RVP Anytime Goalscorer 29/20 (BetVictor) I'd expect this price to come down closer to the game. There's probably little I could mention in my reasoning that people wouldn't already be aware of; Prem top scorer last 2 seasons, good record against big teams, set piece taker, etc. In the last couple of seasons games between the big teams have seen more goals than would usually be expected, particularly when the games are earlier in the season. When United had their big games (Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City) in the first half of last season RVP managed to score in all of them. I'd consider anything abov 6/5 as value.

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August I would probably wait for lineups. Won't bet against my own team ever so i won't be backing it. But if we go with: Ivan Cahill JT then it would seem big value... If Luiz is fit and we go with: Azpi Luiz JT Cole then that defensive line is much better to deal with RVP. Obviously biased, but i think the draw looks like the obvious result and i can't see them beating us, when you match the teams up. Obviously RVP is the big advantage they have as our striking options are Lukaku or the other two, one of which is really a useful backup and the other is well Torres. But elsewhere across the pitch our AM should be able to dictate things a bit more. Can't see United winning this. The draw or Chelsea on the DNB would probably be the selection, though i probably won't bet on it and just enjoy watching the lads, hopefully smash them.

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August

I would probably wait for lineups. Won't bet against my own team ever so i won't be backing it. But if we go with: Ivan Cahill JT then it would seem big value... If Luiz is fit and we go with: Azpi Luiz JT Cole then that defensive line is much better to deal with RVP. Obviously biased, but i think the draw looks like the obvious result and i can't see them beating us, when you match the teams up. Obviously RVP is the big advantage they have as our striking options are Lukaku or the other two, one of which is really a useful backup and the other is well Torres. But elsewhere across the pitch our AM should be able to dictate things a bit more. Can't see United winning this. The draw or Chelsea on the DNB would probably be the selection, though i probably won't bet on it and just enjoy watching the lads, hopefully smash them.
Can't see United winning a match at Old Trafford? :) I had my reservations until I watched them batter Swansea, quite confident now. Chelsea were useless in the 2nd half against Hull, and Villa deserved a point at least last night

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August This game looks like it's got draw written all over it to me. At this stage of the season both would be happy with a point, and I think Mourinho will line up so they don't give much away. I honestly couldn't pick a winner.

Can't see United winning a match at Old Trafford? :) I had my reservations until I watched them batter Swansea, quite confident now. Chelsea were useless in the 2nd half against Hull, and Villa deserved a point at least last night
Monster fixture for sure, and all eyes will be watching. United bashed Swansea good, a game where many were backing Swansea to get at least a result, if not the outright win. Never stood a chance. Swansea has looked good from what I've seen in the off season friendlies, as well as today's thrashing in Europa league. They've been scoring goals at will, and while they created some half opportunities vs United, the only goal they scored was gifted them really with Welbeck being unable to make a simple clearance. United's defense was pretty stout, and that was without Rafael who if nothing else is a more able 1v1 defender than Phil Jones. Chelsea was clearly well ahead of Hull City talent wise in the first half, but wtf happened in that second half? I can't fault Chelsea too much, as they were already up 2-0, but look at what City did vs Newcastle this week, and that's at least I would have expected playing against Hull with a lead. And Aston Villa were on par with Chelsea for much of that game. Huge step up for Chelsea this week. I'd expect United to have obvious trouble with the dynamic Chelsea midfield, and I expect to see Lukaku up top and he could create chances with his size, but honestly, United's defense I think should be able to contain them. I see it as a smaller speedier Chelsea midfield/wing against bigger, more physical United holding mids/defense. I honestly think Chelsea will have a hard time getting a result at OT, but I would really like to see who United has available and starts. Giggs almost certainly cannot start here, I would hope Kagawa and Rooney start and if they both do, I would make a big bet on United dnb. But, will need to wait for lineups. I also am of the opinion that there may not be 3 goals in this one. United is not going to want to get into an open, running style game, and I don't think Chelsea will be able to push forward as easily as they may like. 1-0, 1-1 type game here and I think RvP is once again the difference maker.

Well there's obviously a chance like any game. But I think united will find the game tough and it will be closer than the odds suggest. No team will want to lose to their big rivals early on. Against hull we had the game one and shut off. That won't happen vs you. Villa did probably deserve a point but we struggled with Demba ba having a shocker, and mata who didn't look fit. I think our lineup will be better and much more threatening especially if Romelu starts. And you could say similar about Swansea, who played quite well. I wouldn't say you battered the. .The scoreline wasn't reflective of the game and in the end it was van persie that proved the difference.

I'm not as confident as Aidymac is about his team. For me, United didn't 'batter' Swansea in terms of being on top all game - they just took their chances and defended well in and around the box. If they let Chelsea keep the ball in the middle third like they did with Swansea, I'd back Chelsea to punish them. Chelsea weren't 'useless' in the 2nd half against Hull. They just chose to sit back and save energy because the game was already won. If they wanted to win 4 or 5 nil I think they could have easily done so. I think the managers will have a bigger role to play in this than in some of their other games. I'd back Mourinho to come out on top tactically and can therefore see it being a tight, low-scoring game. It could go either way but I'd favour Chelsea to get something and United's odds certainly don't represent enough value at the moment for me. Sent from my GT-I9505 using PL Forum

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August If any side can go to old trafford with confidence its chelsea. Its simply a ground where they always seem to do well. And im talking throughout the Ferguson years starting in the mid 80s, not post Abramovich. I tend to think this has to be tight,and as a poster above says both managers would probably accept the draw but if chelsea have as much of the ball as Swansea then i think Chelsea will have that extra class to nick it. What price a Rooney o.g?

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August Every man and his dog had written off United before the season even started - so the lack of signings is a problem? Don't forget United blew the rest of the league away with this very squad last year - like City, Chelsea have a load of new signings that need to bed in and Old Trafford is a massive place to go to for the first time Word is that Rooney will start - not so sure myself due to lack of fitness for such a big game and the obvious tapping up by Jose meaning we won't get 100% out of him - I'd start with Kagawa in the hole - he's due a good game after a poor pre-season and is such a major talent if he's firing United to win 1-0 and I'm not going for the obvious RVP 1st goal but Evra at 23.00 (B365)

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August It seems to be a unders game.. Under 2.5 will be my tip.. I think none of the teams will want to lose the game at this point, and both will be happy with a draw.. so 0-0 , 1-0, 1-1 are very probable results.. I can't see an open game and a goal fest here.. so Under 2.5 at 2.14 is a good tip here.. Please comment :)

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August 3pts Man Utd to beat Chelsea 6/4 Stan James Manchester United were written off by some people before the season started but they were my title pick before a ball was kicked and my thoughts were only strengthened after the opening round of matches. With that in mind I think United are worthy favourites in this match and I think they will win this one. They have that little extra quality around the box and having laid a marker down at Swansea last week they can rubber stamp it with a win this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-chelsea-betting-man-utd-can-lay-down-their-title-credentials-in-the-big-game-at-old-trafford

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August This game though will play out the complete opposite to the Swansea game. Swans play their passing and movement style at home and therefore give you space to counter so United obliged. Here the onus is on the Devils to beat Chelsea in front of their fans. Now Chelsea have the squad to play a number of ways. I think they'll sit and control the middle while hitting on the break. This could be very effective. I think a key area here is in the middle of the park. Let's compare the quality of the two: Carrick, Giggs, Anderson, Cleverly, Kagawa in my opinion don't match up to Lampard, Essien, Ramires, Luiz (if used here) Mata and Oscar. So if Chelsea dominate this area they can neutralise the potency of United's dangerous attackers. Obviously the one area where Chelsea are outclassed is RVP. Even if Chelsea should be on top for 90 mins this guy can flush all that down the toilet with a couple of touches. So if Chelsea sit back, do United have the midfield to pick them apart... don't know Another thing is Moyes is new to this. Big game at home vs title rival. Worse, he is coming up against the wolf Mourinho who's got the stars stripes and bars here at Old Trafford. I'm seeing the + 1 AH on Chelsea as a safe option at this stage. Checked prices only 1.30. Contemplating + 0.5 @ 1.60

This game though will play out the complete opposite to the Swansea game. Swans play their passing and movement style at home and therefore give you space to counter so United obliged. Here the onus is on the Devils to beat Chelsea in front of their fans. Now Chelsea have the squad to play a number of ways. I think they'll sit and control the middle while hitting on the break. This could be very effective. I think a key area here is in the middle of the park. Let's compare the quality of the two: Carrick, Giggs, Anderson, Cleverly, Kagawa in my opinion don't match up to Lampard, Essien, Ramires, Luiz (if used here) Mata and Oscar. So if Chelsea dominate this area they can neutralise the potency of United's dangerous attackers. Obviously the one area where Chelsea are outclassed is RVP. Even if Chelsea should be on top for 90 mins this guy can flush all that down the toilet with a couple of touches. So if Chelsea sit back, do United have the midfield to pick them apart... don't know Another thing is Moyes is new to this. Big game at home vs title rival. Worse, he is coming up against the wolf Mourinho who's got the stars stripes and bars here at Old Trafford. I'm seeing the + 1 AH on Chelsea as a safe option at this stage. Checked prices only 1.30. Contemplating + 0.5 @ 1.60
If going for this route consider the draw no bet at Bet365 at a stand out 2.2. Also with this you would get a £50 in play bet also (if you stake £50) which if you want you could place on Chelsea at good odds. I cannot call this game with any certainty whatsoever so I have used the Bet365 offer and layed on betfair and will have a £50 in play bet when the game is underway and we have some kind of clues as to how the game will be play. Good Luck Everyone.

Every man and his dog had written off United before the season even started - so the lack of signings is a problem? Don't forget United blew the rest of the league away with this very squad last year - like City, Chelsea have a load of new signings that need to bed in and Old Trafford is a massive place to go to for the first time Word is that Rooney will start - not so sure myself due to lack of fitness for such a big game and the obvious tapping up by Jose meaning we won't get 100% out of him - I'd start with Kagawa in the hole - he's due a good game after a poor pre-season and is such a major talent if he's firing United to win 1-0 and I'm not going for the obvious RVP 1st goal but Evra at 23.00 (B365)
Chelsea hardly have a load of new signings to bed in, and it's quite likely that none of the new signings will start. Money coming in for United at the moment, but the draw looks to hold the most value at 3.4. Someone has already mentioned that both teams would probably be happy with a draw, and someone else stated that Chelsea shut down in the second half against Hull (in typical Mourinho fashion). 1-1 scoreline for me, with Chelsea looking to negate any United threat and then use players like Hazard and Mata to cause problems at the other end.

Every man and his dog had written off United before the season even started -
Rubbish, Not one single person had "written off" United. Some had them 2nd or 3rd favourites but that is hardly writing them off!

Rubbish' date=' Not one single person had "written off" United. Some had them 2nd or 3rd favourites but that is hardly writing them off![/quote'] It is when there's a three horse race :lol You don't get anything for finishing second or third...

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August For me united win 2.46 @ betfair.com is representing a value, I cant see any other draws except 1-1 (7.8) which I cover, of course Mourinho will try to keep the score low and try to get a point or few but every visiting manager at Old Trafford is trying to do the same noone can just go there hoping for a straight win, but Mourinho is confident and I respect his skills, so it's really low stakes for me - 2pts. If you think it's going to be a draw go for corrrect score(s), more value, I don't actually believe in 0-0 or 3-3.

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August i think X2 1.61 @ marathonbet is the way to go. Both teams have equal chance of winning this game and this can very easily turn out into a score draw. Moyes will be under pressure being the first game at OT and that to against a big 4 team. Both these teams can on their day run away with the game but i think it will be close and the advantage lies with chelsea. gl all!

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August Manchester Utd have been completely written off by pundits this season, the total favouring of City and Chelsea has been somewhat ridiculous in my view as the champions haven't become a bad team overnight. Ferguson has built a robust infrastructure and mentality there that will simply not just vanish when he has gone. Ofcourse City and Chelsea have a chance of winning the title but they are definately not significantly superior to Utd at this present stage. What you might find at Utd this year is a siege mentality created by the players, they will want to help and protect Moyes as much as possible and this may give them that extra percentile of motivation when it's needed. In terms of tonights game I don't see any +ev in the 1x2/AH market, this is the spotlight game of the EPL so far, if bookies got their prices wrong here then they should just be rounded up and shot. No bet but will watch the game with interest.

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August The H2H in the #ManUtd v #Chelsea game is interesting from the matches played in 2013. Sun 05/05/13 PRL Manchester United 0 - 1 Chelsea Mon 01/04/13 FAC Chelsea 1 - 0 Manchester United Sun 10/03/13 FAC Manchester United 2 - 2 Chelsea We can write off the last match as Utd basically had the league in the bag and were on cruise control and cup matches are not great to base league match stats on but Chelsea kept Utd scoreless in the last 2 and that is the motivation for Powers special tonight but with Utd at home and #VanPersie on fire I think any bet should be based around this special. Paddy Power: If Robin van Persie scores a goal in this match, we will refund all losing First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, Correct Score & Scorecast singles on the match up to £100. Possibly the best way to play this one is to stick up to £100 on Van Persie to score the first goal @ 5.50 and if scores anytime other than the first goal you get your money back! Maybe you expect a repeat of the last match between these two sides and see Chelsea run out 1-0 winners @ 11.00 which wouldn't be a bad bet at all considering if Utd score it will more than likely be Van Persie in which case you get your money back! Bet365: Place a pre-match bet on this much anticipated fixture and you will receive a free in-play bet to the same stake on the big match. To qualify for your free in-play bet, simply place a bet before kickoff, then once the game starts, place another bet on any in-play market. If your first in-play bet loses, we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet up to a maximum of £50. As always, there'll be plenty to choose from with over 70 in-play markets available throughout the game, including next goal, match goals, total corners, halftime result, full-time result and much more. So the best way to play this would be to bet on under 6.5 goals prematch for £50 and then after the game starts place another bet of £50 on any bet you like and if this second bet loses you get your money back!

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August Really cant see Chelsea winning this, watched their first two games and wasn't overly impressed. Ref was shocking against Villa. The big difference between the two sides is that United have top strikers and Chelsea don't. 2-1 United I'd say.

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August I'm on Both teams to score first half, Lad @ 4.0. I wouldn't read too much in the first matches of Chelsea as they did the minimum to grab the three points. Mourinho has been anticipating his return for so long that I can't see him trying to shut off Utd and return to London after a drab 0-0 in the first big test match of his second spell. With the firepower at his disposal Moyes won't be reining his players at the start of the season when there are more than 80 points to be grabbed as the season unfolds. All in all I fancy a frantic paced encounter tonight with two enthusiastic young managers going for the jugular.

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August Rvp in great form and if we see goals big chance he will score one. Odds on him to score al too low so i will take to other chances. Unibet is offering rvp to score outside the penaltybox odds 9 He will take the free kicks and can score outside the 16, as in the game against swansea. Rvp to score with a header odds 12 on unibet. Both bets small stakes 1/10

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August Chelsea do seem to have a good record at Old Trafford. This, together with the renewed spirit and confidence in the camp under Mourinho makes me think they are unlikely to lose tonight, and are possibly a tiny bit of value. Also, as others have said, I think both managers will be more interested in not losing this game than winning it. I get the feeling both would walk away happy with a draw.

Re: Manchester United v Chelsea - Mon 26th August Chelsea win is value for me (3.25 William Hill). They look strong and with new signings everyone is on their toes to keep their places. Mourinho will have an edge over Moyes tactically. There is a lot of pressure on Man U to win tonight, which sometimes has a negative effect on the players. The midfield is where these games are decided and Chelsea man for man are better. Lukaku/Torres/Ba will definatly have chances with creative players like Hazard, Lampard, Mata and Oscar behind them. Taking their chances is another thing. At the moment RvP needs 1 chance to score 1 goal, while the Chelsea strikers need 2 or 3 chances to score 1. I would also go over 2.5 goals scored, there is too much attacking quality on the pitch for it to be a zero/one goal match. And Both teams to score would be a good bet too.