Problem on Post Site ?

I've looked in on the Racing Post site a few times today and there are no Odds showing on the racecards..........you know, where it says Best Odds or where you choose your preferred bookie It's just blank............ I've tried it signed in and signed out, refreshed page umpteen times........... Anyone else noticed this today ? I'm on a new laptop so I get paranoid when something isn't right in case there's something wrong with my new laptop..............:eek:D

Re: Problem on Post Site ? Just as a follow up............. I've clicked on Odds Comparison and Latest Shows on tonight's cards and there's no odds shown there either I've been into the Betting site and there's no odds on the racecards there The only place I can find the odds is by clicking on Members Club Content on the racecard on the Betting Site then selecting 'Betting' which opens the odds comparison page............

thanks Saint ! I was beginning to think I'd poo'd in my pants or something.................:unsure It's been driving me crazy for two hours...............:$
Ha ha! I hate it when that happens!! I'm sure my posts are hidden from all but myself sometimes!!!

Re: Problem on Post Site ? Still no latest odds showing on the RP racecards.................:unsure I know I can find them elsewhere but it just puts me off because my normal practice is to sort the horses into price order then start with the fave and work down...............

Re: Problem on Post Site ? OK thanks guys..............I'll assume it's a problem with me then I had a problem with a site I use for work when trying to download an invoice...........apparently the site wasn't compatible with IE10 which is on my new laptop They had a note to that effect with instructions on how to get around it...........perhaps I'll try the same for the Post site

Re: Problem on Post Site ? RP did reply to my e-mail but it was just the usual 'clear your cookies' stuff which didn't help I think I've sorted it.............it appears to be a compatibility problem with IE10 I added the RP site to my Compatibility View List under 'Tools'...........then you have to click on an icon up the top which looks like a ripped piece of paper As soon as I did that it started working OK again................

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Problem on Post Site ? Three weeks on and I still haven't got this sorted out..............my e-mails with the RP basically just produced a 'we don't recognise this as a problem' I'm just not getting any odds showing on the Racecards, on the Compare Odds or Latest Odds tabs For some reason they're not loading and I'm not techy savvy enough to know why............. Tried firefox - doesn't work in there either To be honest I know I can have oddschecker or the ATR site open............but it's driving me potty and putting me off studying the races.............. I've posted other threads on here to the effect that I don't see the full racecards on the Life site............that's still the case now even though I'm on a different laptop. I'm still not seeing the Odds on the Sporting Life racecards either. There's something about these racing sites that my computer is not able to load.............and I'm pee'd off about it...................:wall

Re: Problem on Post Site ? That doesn't sound very helpful from the RP. I would be inclined to email them back and basically say that if you want my continued custom I suggest you try and help me out! Im sure one of their computer wiz kids will have an idea of why something like that may be happening, even if it isn't something directly linked to their site.

Re: Problem on Post Site ? It's probably to do with the plug ins being incompatible with either IE10 or Windows. I assume you're on Windows 8? I'd email the post and ask them what plug ins are used to populate the prices but at a guess it may be java so you could either google java windows 8 or java ie10 incompatibility as that'll bring up some useful forum help. Or try java.com and try their test page

Re: Problem on Post Site ?

Just seen this thread' date=' I have same problem too.[/quote'] Something else has now happened I have the Post site bookmarked and on my favourites bar............clicking on them the site opens But if I put Racing Post into google and get the usual links listed...........they don't work. I click on them and nothing happens That's just for the main site...........the links to the Betting Site and Bloodstock site work Since I posted last I've downloaded the most recent Java and I've also downloaded Google Chrome...........nothing works

Re: Problem on Post Site ? It's very unlikely to be RP and hard for them to diagnose as all PC's are running different spec's settings, etc so I'm not surprised they've struggled. Can you do Start, Right click on Computer and choose properties. Then screen print and pm me with it. Also can you let me know the exact version of IE and Chrome you're using. Also whether you're up to date with Windows patches or not. Also worth checking if your ISP has imposed some sort of block on gambling sites at their end. I know talk talk business do as I use them. No promises but I'll see what I can do for you if you like. If you want to search yourself try the forums on microsoft, the guys on there are very helpful. They'll need similar sort of info about your machine. It'll probably either be down to patching or some setting you have within windows

Re: Problem on Post Site ? Just use oddschecker m8..not exact science..at least you get most firms....However...Just go to betfair, the benchmark for all prices:ok...Every bookmaker does...In fact do they have odds compilers anymore?...I go off post....sorry........The RP has gone downhill in the last year or two...why people subscribe is beyond me. :eek

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Problem on Post Site ? Update ! I uninstalled my adblocker (Free Adfender) and it's now pretty much is back to normal So it was obviously a problem with the adblocker............I couldn't find any provision to add sites to an excepted list so I ending up uninstallng it Still think it's partly a compatibility problem with Windows 8 and IE10 as I had the same adblocker on my previous laptop with Win 7 and IE8 and there was no problem

Re: Problem on Post Site ? BTW.............I should add that I didn't have an adblocker because of PL...........the ads here are moderate and unobtrusive........and anyway the bosses will be pleased to know that the adblocker didn't block the banner ads at the top of the page............:nana But, you know...............it's those other damn sites !.................;)

Re: Problem on Post Site ? i have the same problem at work computer and home. Sometimes it will show prices sometimes it won't. Whilst at work I like to see the in running commentary and majority of times the race has been ran without and comments at all. Though reporter notes work fine.