Confederations Cup 2013

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Tonight's games Italy v Brazil Qualification is already decided. The only thing riding on tonight's games is which team out of Italy and Brazil finishes top of the group. The incentive is whoever finishes top will probably avoid Spain - so have a better chance of reaching the final. I think Brazil only need to draw to top the group whereas Italy would to win. Considering Brazil only need a draw to top the group, perhaps there is some value on Italy at fairly long odds? Italy +1 AH @ 1.87 with 188Bet seems reasonable value to me. But overall, I'm not convinced of enough value to make a bet worthwhile. I don't think either side will want to exert too much energy or risk injury ahead of the semi-finals. No bet Japan v Mexico I think the other game might be a better one. Japan were unlucky not to get anything against Italy and could be slight value here, but I think there is more value on goals. I think both teams will want to have a go and win the game, and there is a good chance of goals, so I think there is value on the 'overs' at decent odds - Over 2.5 1.9 Betfair

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Brasil vs Italy Latest games Brazil: 19.06.13 Brazil - Mexico 2:0 (1:0) 15.06.13 Brazil - Japan 3:0 (1:0) 09.06.13 Brazil - France 3:0 (0:0) 02.06.13 Brazil - England 2:2 (0:0) 25.04.13 Brazil - Chile 2:2 (1:1) Latest games for Italy: 20.06.13 Italy - Japan 4:3 (1:2) 16.06.13 Mexico - Italy 1:2 (1:1) 11.06.13 Italy - Haiti 2:2 (1:0) 07.06.13 Czech Republic - Italy 0:0 (0:0) 31.05.13 Italy - San Marino 4:0 (2:0) The first meeting of South Americans in the tournament were held with outsiders of the tournament. From these meetings can make an unambiguous conclusion - a great level of play shows a young novice Barcelona star, Neymar. Easily and effortlessly carried out both matches the brazilians, this can not be said about Italy - barely beat Mexico and recouped from beeing down 1-2 in the match against Japan. Both teams secured their exit from the group due to the very crazy Italians victory over Japan. Likely in this game, both teams will give space to some reserves, so it is not necessary to wait for the closed match and unproductive. Brazilians have more experienced bench, which should help on to score twice. Especially because in the first two meetings the South Americans did. Head to head: 21.03.13 Italy - Brazil 2:2 (0:2) 21.06.09 Italy - Brazil 0:3 (0:3) 10.02.09 Italy - Brazil 0:2 (0:2) And if we look at personal meetings, here we say that the individual total passed all three times. Not only that, in total over 1.5 goals in confrontations with Italy was breaking the first half. Felipe Scolari boys scored in each of the last eighteen matches. In the match against Japan, "Azzurrini" showed huge problems in defense. Therefore, Brasil 2+ is the choice @ 1.66 Bet365.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Brazil-Italy Prandelli has issued a statement saying that Italy does not have any plans to leave Brazil, even if the protests continue. The fact that he had to come out and quell any doubts about Italy leaving Brazil prematurely means that they are worried about the situation prevailing in the country. Their thoughts are not solely on football right now, and defeating Brazil would not make them the most popular individuals so I don't see them busting a gut to eventually face the wrath of the volatile Brazilians. Brazil ht/ft 2.25 then.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013

Japan v Mexico I think the other game might be a better one. Japan were unlucky not to get anything against Italy and could be slight value here, but I think there is more value on goals. I think both teams will want to have a go and win the game, and there is a good chance of goals, so I think there is value on the 'overs' at decent odds - Over 2.5 1.9 Betfair
Result: Japan 1 Mexico 2 Bet won :ok It was a strange game. Defences were on top in the first half, attacks on top in the second. At half-time with the score 0-0, you wouldn't have expected three goals and a missed penalty in the second half but that's what happened. Both teams were cautious in the first half and struggled to create chances. Mexico came out in the second half looking determined and went 2-0 up. Then Japan pressed and eventually got the goal they deserved. Mexico missed a penalty near the end, and probably deserved the win - their play had more penetration I thought.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Sunday previews: 5pts Spain (-1) to beat Nigeria 3/4 Boylesports Spain should be way too good for Nigeria in this match. Nigeria looked ok going forward against Uruguay but looking good against Spain is a different proposition entirely. One area Nigeria need to sort out if they are to win this match is their defence. Tahiti scored against it and could have had more and Uruguay wasted some great chances to put them to bed too. I don’t expect Spain to be so wasteful and only see a comfortable Spanish win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nigeria-vs-spain-betting-spain-should-be-too-good-for-weak-nigeria-in-fortaleza-20130622 5pts Uruguay (-7) to beat Tahiti 4/5 Paddy Power This is a question of how many Uruguay will win by and given that this will be third game in six days for a part time side in some pretty extreme conditions I sense that Uruguay will have it easier than any of the other sides. Tahiti have given off no indication that they will shut up shop and stick men behind the ball and with Uruguay’s front three all dangerous I think the South Americans can push Spain’s 10 close here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/uruguay-vs-tahiti-betting-tahiti-s-tournament-can-end-with-a-third-heavy-beating-in-recife-20130622

Spain to beat Nigeria is 1.33 (various) and that is good value for me. If you take the range of odds available Nigeria are available as high as 17.0' date=' with the draw a best priced 6.7, so it is actually arbable with an overall underround book of 104.2%. I'm not taking the arb but this is a good indication of value; indeed, there has to be value either on Spain, Nigeria or the draw. I'm sure some people will think 17.0 is too big for Nigeria but for me the value is on Spain. I didn't see their game last night but Nigeria looked poor and disjointed to me against Tahiti, they have also been beset by off-field problems. As a general rule I feel African sides are a bit overrated, probably because they often tend to have excellent players on paper, but when they come up against European or South American sides they tend to struggle in my experience. This game is a good as a friendly considering Nigeria need a big win to knock Spain out, with goal difference taking precedence over head to head records (as I understand it). Even so, despite a few slip ups in such games, such as recently against Finland, Spain tend to win against this class of opposition. Looking back over the last 5 years, I've noted them to have an 82% win ratio (including home, away and neutral venues) against a vaguely similar class of opposition in 'meaningless' games. Spain were excellent against Uruguay and did the job last night. They also have the luxury of having rested players in one game, and also that game not being physically demanding. Nigeria, meanwhile, did not make many changes so the players will be more tired. I find it difficult to see Spain failing to win this one.[/quote'] I got on Spain at 1.3 with Hills for 10 Points and followed on with 5 Points at -1.25AH with bet365 at 1.55..think we all know its going to be a Brazil v Spain final but I certainly think Spain have a strength in depth that is better than anyone else here, there will be a stronger side out tonight than played against Tahiti (although that team would probably win the Premiership with ease!) and I haven't been impressed by Nigeria. I see the Tahiti manager is going to change the keeper again tonight so it will be Gilbert Meriel in for a battering tonight, he is the least experienced of the 3 gk's with only 3 caps to his name. Uruguay are likely to rest Cavani tonight as a booking will keep him out of the semi and Diego Lugano is suspended in defence, I'm not too sure how many they will rest with the semi's virtually assured. I was looking at the Uruguay squad though and they have experienced options in all areas..won't be playing any clean sheet bets but handicaps are an option again, -7,-8 probably.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Tahiti cant defend. The 3rd goalkeeper will play... Its the 3rd game in 7 days for them. This mentally and physicaly draining. Uruguay has some serious firepower upfront. Some reports say cavani will be rested but i dont think so. They need him in goalscoring form. Spain did go really easy towards the end vs tahiti and i think a guy like suarez isnt that kind. The hc odds are lower cause of tahiti fatigue and the 3rd goalie playing. The first did some really good saves vs nigeria. The second was shaky and said they cant go that muchforward.... . I can seeuruguay puttting more then 10 past a tired tahiti team. Also a penalty to be scored above evens looks again tasty if you expext tahitians to be mire fatigued and sloppy in one on ones

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Nigeria looked totally weak. Theironlydanger comes from their pacy wingers strikers. Oduamadi is a doubt while musa might play. Meanwhile spain rested their squad and will play their first team. I expect spain to pin nigeria to their area and cruise to a comfortable victory. Hc -1 for me + 2:0 correct score

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Confederation Cup - D.Forlan *top goalscorer* 1pt 13.00 >Betvictor (Uruguay V Tahiti) L.Suarez to score 3 or more goals 3.19pts 2.62 >paddypower Today's bets will be on tonight's game between Uruguay and Tahiti. Tahiti, when coming here had a main aim to score a goal and did that in their first game Vs Nigeria. Their first game was always going to be the hardest working game and it must demoralize you somewhat being smashed 6-1 and 10-0. Uruguay didn't look too special with their 2-1 win Vs Nigeria either but I think their front pairing will cause more damage then Spain's from a goal-scoring perspective. Cavani is on a yellow card so he may not be risked in this game. This would lean me toward Suarez or Forlan really going on a score-fest and getting 3/4 goals. So I'm taking Suarez to score a hat-trick and also sticking a point on Forlan being top-scorer of the Confederation cup as I don't really understand how the odds have been complied. Suarez and Forlan both have 1 goal. Both have similar odds in the *Hat-Trick* market yet one is 4/1 to be top-goalscorer of the competition and the other 12/1. Forlan has a better record at international level and it would only take a night of 4 goals or more for him to take the lead from Torres.

Confederation Cup - D.Forlan *top goalscorer* 1pt 13.00 I'm taking Suarez to score a hat-trick and also sticking a point on Forlan being top-scorer of the Confederation cup as I don't really understand how the odds have been complied. Suarez and Forlan both have 1 goal. Both have similar odds in the *Hat-Trick* market yet one is 4/1 to be top-goalscorer of the competition and the other 12/1. Forlan has a better record at international level and it would only take a night of 4 goals or more for him to take the lead from Torres
A related market is Uruguay Top Goalscorer (for the tournament), where Sporting Index are quoting: Suarez - 1.44 Forlan - 3.5

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Uruguay v Tahiti Uruguay -10 Handicap @ 7/2 Bet365 Suarez 3 or More @ 13/8 Paddy Own Goal Scored-Yes @ 10/3 Bet365 Can see plenty on offer betting wise for this game, Uruguay need a win and we've all seen how poor Tahiti are defensively. Both Spain and Nigeria missed a whole load of chances against the Tahitians but I'm expecting the Uruguayan strikers to just run riot here and I can see Suarez just tormenting them all game. Plenty of value for me in the handicap market on the -10 as Tahiti will just be trying to get a goal tonight and with Uruguay needing the win I can see there just being a flood of goals so they know they will secure qualifications through goal difference. I took the own goal market in the Spain-Tahiti game aswel but was pretty gutted when it didn't come in. The Tahitians are one of the worst defensive teams I've seen in a long time and any of there players could potentially miskick a clearance or end up knocking the ball in to there own net. I'm getting on this again at this price. Good luck with the bets on this game though plenty of money to be made! :rollin

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Top Scorer market http://www.oddschecker.com/football/confederations-cup/top-goalscorer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_Confederations_Cup#Goalscorers I think the Brazilian Fred is good value at 26.0 for Top Scorer. He is on 2 goals, and Neymar is on 3 (Neymar's odds are 5.5!). Also one of the Uruguayans like Suarez or Forlan could easily finish top scorer if they really go to town against Tahiti tonight - if Torres can score four against Tahiti, how many can Suarez score? Eight? !! ?. And they're more likely to play another game than Torres or Villa (who played against Tahiti for Spain). Fred and Neymar will probably play 2 more games (if Brazil reach the final). Torres and Villa are surely unlikely to start again, and of the Spanish players who started the first game, I don't think there is an outstanding goalscorer. Italy are less likely to make the final. I'd see the top goalscorer probably coming from: Neymar Fred Suarez Cavani Forlan Any thoughts on this market?

Top Scorer market http://www.oddschecker.com/football/confederations-cup/top-goalscorer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_Confederations_Cup#Goalscorers I think the Brazilian Fred is good value at 26.0 for Top Scorer. He is on 2 goals, and Neymar is on 3 (Neymar's odds are 5.5!). Also one of the Uruguayans like Suarez or Forlan could easily finish top scorer if they really go to town against Tahiti tonight - if Torres can score four against Tahiti, how many can Suarez score? Eight? !! ?. And they're more likely to play another game than Torres or Villa (who played against Tahiti for Spain). Fred and Neymar will probably play 2 more games (if Brazil reach the final). Torres and Villa are surely unlikely to start again, and of the Spanish players who started the first game, I don't think there is an outstanding goalscorer. Italy are less likely to make the final. I'd see the top goalscorer probably coming from: Neymar Fred Suarez Cavani Forlan Any thoughts on this market?
Fred has to score three goals to overtake Torres and he has only one or two games left against Uruguay and probably Spain. I think its unlikely he will score three goals in these games. Neymar has a chance but it depends really on who plays for Spain. The Uruguayan front three all have a chance and I think Cavani might be rested as he is on a booking so either Suarez or Forlan could fill their boots tonight and win it, but again they'd need to score four to go ahead of Torres and I see them getting knocked out in the semis. I backed Torres and Villa before the Tahiti game on the basis I thought they could score 4/5/6 goals and maybe win it at a big price. If Soldado and Pedro play again tonight and the semis then there is a chance Torres could be beaten but surely one or two will get some gametime. Nigeria look poor and I expect Spain to take a few goals off of them tonight and I expect them to get to the final. I'm hoping Torres/Villa get some more gametime and I think they will be hard to beat but I don't have any more information on Spanish possible line-ups. I'd rather back Suarez to score a few tonight than outright win.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 There are a few bets that I fancy. For the Spain match, with the return of most the regulars to the side, Spain ought to win the final game with relative ease against Nigeria who have to do the impossible and beat Spain and hope Uruguay don't destroy Tahiti. Pretty much agreeing with what everyone else has said above. 6pts Spain (-1 EH) @ 1.72 Ladbrokes I think there is value is betting on the second half to have the most goals in the match between Uruguay and Tahiti. This has been the case for both games played against Tahiti thus far and I think it can be the same once again as I feel as the game wears on, Tahiti will get more tired and that's when the difference in class between the two teams will begin to show. 5pts Half with most goals - 2nd @ 1.91 Skybet

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/index.html Derp. Not going to be a mauling. Time to lump on the Tahiti handicap? Spain: 1

2 Victor VALDES, 3 Gerard PIQUE, 6 INIESTA, 8 XAVI, 10 Cesc FABREGAS, 11 PEDRO, 14 Roberto SOLDADO, 15 SERGIO RAMOS, 16 Sergio BUSQUETS, 17 Alvaro ARBELOA, 18 Jordi ALBA Nigeria:

1 Vincent ENYEAMA, 2 Godfrey OBOABONA, 3 Uwa ECHIEJILE, 5 Efe AMBROSE, 7 Ahmed MUSA, 8 Brown IDEYE, 9 Joseph AKPALA, 10 John Obi MIKEL, 13 Fegor OGUDE, 19 Sunday MBA, 22 Kenneth OMERUO

uruguay:

23 Martin SILVA, 4 Sebastian COATES, 5 Walter GARGANO, 6 Alvaro PEREIRA, 8 Sebastian EGUREN, 11 Abel HERNANDEZ, 13 Matias AGUIRREGARAY, 14 Nicolas LODEIRO, 15 Diego PEREZ, 18 Gaston RAMIREZ, 19 Andres SCOTTI Tahiti:

22 Gilbert MERIEL, 3 Marama VAHIRUA, 4 Teheivarii LUDIVION, 6 Henri CAROINE, 10 Nicolas VALLAR, 13 Steevy CHONG HUE, 15 Lorenzo TEHAU, 16 Ricky AITAMAI, 17 Jonathan TEHAU, 19 Vincent SIMON, 21 Samuel HNANYINE

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Okay, here are my two cents. With the entire line-up changed for Uruguay, and I do mean the entire line-up. I would be nervous to back a landside victory for Uruguay. Their B team is not even close to being compared with Spain's B team and I feel they will struggle to get going and the goals will be at a premium. I see something similar to the Nigeria-Tahiti game happening here. For those reasons I will be backing the following: 12pts Under 8.5 Uruguay Goals @ 1.85 Sportingbet 1pt Under 6.5 Uruguay Goals @ 3.20 Sportingbet 0.5pts 6-0 Correct Score @ 7.00 Sportingbet 0.5pts 7-0 Correct Score @ 7.00 Sportingbet Risky most definitely, but without the 3 strikers upfront, Uruguay will not have the same quality to put 9 goals past them. Going to take them before the price disappears.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Nigeria v Spain Contrary to at least one report I've read, Spain haven't qualified yet. They need to get a point tonight to be sure. Nigeria have to win to have an outside chance of going through. This will probably mean a high-scoring game with Spain winning. I think Spain would probably settle for a draw as well if it comes to it, but a Spanish win is more likely. I was looking at backing 'overs' for this game but the odds have come down a lot and I'm not sure if it's still good value No bet Uruguay v Tahiti Uruguay have to win and of course they are near-certain to do so. The question is how many goals will they score? Nigeria scored 6 against Tahiti and Spain scored 10. Uruguay I think should score 8. Handicap prices have come down a little in the last few hours, and now look reasonable I think - Uruguay -7.25 AH 1.98 188Bet Looking at goal-scorers, if Torres can score four goals against Tahiti (and miss a penalty), you would have thought Suarez should be able to get three. Suarez hat-trick odds have just gone up and look good to me now - Suarez hat-trick 2.8 Betfair

Nigeria v Spain Contrary to at least one report I've read, Spain haven't qualified yet. They need to get a point tonight to be sure. Nigeria have to win to have an outside chance of going through. This will probably mean a high-scoring game with Spain winning. I think Spain would probably settle for a draw as well if it comes to it, but a Spanish win is more likely. I was looking at backing 'overs' for this game but the odds have come down a lot and I'm not sure if it's still good value No bet Uruguay v Tahiti Uruguay have to win and of course they are near-certain to do so. The question is how many goals will they score? Nigeria scored 6 against Tahiti and Spain scored 10. Uruguay I think should score 8. Handicap prices have come down a little in the last few hours, and now look reasonable I think - Uruguay -7.25 AH 1.98 188Bet Looking at goal-scorers, if Torres can score four goals against Tahiti (and miss a penalty), you would have thought Suarez should be able to get three. Suarez hat-trick odds have just gone up and look good to me now - Suarez hat-trick 2.8 Betfair
Suarez is a sub.

Nigeria v Spain Contrary to at least one report I've read, Spain haven't qualified yet. They need to get a point tonight to be sure. Nigeria have to win to have an outside chance of going through. This will probably mean a high-scoring game with Spain winning. I think Spain would probably settle for a draw as well if it comes to it, but a Spanish win is more likely. I was looking at backing 'overs' for this game but the odds have come down a lot and I'm not sure if it's still good value No bet Uruguay v Tahiti Uruguay have to win and of course they are near-certain to do so. The question is how many goals will they score? Nigeria scored 6 against Tahiti and Spain scored 10. Uruguay I think should score 8. Handicap prices have come down a little in the last few hours, and now look reasonable I think - Uruguay -7.25 AH 1.98 188Bet Looking at goal-scorers, if Torres can score four goals against Tahiti (and miss a penalty), you would have thought Suarez should be able to get three. Suarez hat-trick odds have just gone up and look good to me now - Suarez hat-trick 2.8 Betfair
Seeing Suarez is not starting, obviously I would not recommend this bet now :cry - I mean the Suarez one, but will stand by the handicap one !!

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Hmmm ... I should perhaps wait until teams are announced before placing bets on players :eyes I am standing by the Uruguay handicap bet though. It will be interesting to see how Uruguay B team gets on and what impact this might have on the 'top goalscorer' tables ...

Hmmm ... I should perhaps wait until teams are announced before placing bets on players :eyes I am standing by the Uruguay handicap bet though. It will be interesting to see how Uruguay B team gets on and what impact this might have on the 'top goalscorer' tables ...
Abel Hernandez who is up front for Uruguay has went from 100/1 to 25/1 for top scorer since the team was announced.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Uruguay v Tahiti Both teams to score @ 4/1 Bet365 Having seen the Uruguay line up the line looks a little high to me here and one good thing about Tahiti is there not shy in getting players forward. Whilst I still expect a comfortable Uruguay victory, Tahiti should be able to grab a goal. The Uruguay team put out is probably weaker than the Nigeria team that conceded one aswel to the Tahitians, with nothing to lose tonight and the fans right behind them i'm expecting a goal at least.