Confederations Cup 2013

Re: Confederations Cup 2013

Japan to win to tournament at 51.0 looks pretty big to me. I know they are not comparable to Brazil or Spain' date=' but how seriously do teams take this competition? I've not followed it closely but I can remember some shock results before.[/quote'] Don't agree, mate. Japan is in my opinion worse than they used to be in 2010. I saw lately two of their games - friendly with my Bulgaria and qualifier with Iraq. They are very weak at the back and kind of impotent up-front. Haven't checked other odds yet, but if you are looking at long shot surprise, you better be looking at Mexico and Uruguay. Mexico are very good and you should not be confused by their mediocre campaign in qualifiers. All the other teams park the bus against them and they are not really build-up to play against such tactics. But they can be very dangerous against better and more open opponents.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Uruguay are the safest bet for outsiders to win this competition. Same group as Spain, but will surely take the second spot against a Nigeria without their best players, and awful Tahiti. Once in the semis, anything can happen, and Uruguay has que individual and team quality to win against Spain, Brazil and Italy. I actually don't fancy the Italians. Team looks lacking physically and demotivated for this competition.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 I have come across an interesting market. Total number of red cards in the entire tournament. Bit ridiculous seeing how 0 red cards are being offered at odds of 4.1. http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/market?id=1.109449492&mpch=ads&rfr=63 Anyone know if this tournament normally tends to have many red cards? Cos the most popular bet is for 5 or more red cards @ 1.62 I am baffled to say the least.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Brazil vs Japan Under 2.5 goals @ 2.45 Betfair

The stats don’t look too positive to back this up. Everyconfederations cup opening game has produced more than 2 goals, except the lastone; a 0-0 involving then-hosts South Africa.

Also, these two teams don’t go under 2.5 overly often andusually play an open attacking game, especially Brazil. Japan remind meslightly of Swansea, usually pass the ball well and press for a lot of thegame, whilst being defensively strong yet lacking in strong strikers to finishgames off they dominate.

But I can see this game being low scoring. Brazil haven’tplayed a competitive game since 2011 (incidentally a 0-0 ET then penalty loss),so I think mentally the competitiveness and pressure could get to their game alittle bit, therefore affecting the amount of chances they score and convert.

Japan are a typical strong but not great team, they beat whothey should but lose to who they should. They can grab a draw here and takeconfidence from being the 1st nation to qualify for the WC but aremore likely to thrive with the underdog status against heavily favouredopponents.

For these reasons under 2.5 is too high and is an attractivebet in a game that most think Brazil will win at a canter. :hope

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Tournament preview: 2pts ew Uruguay to win Confederations Cup 10/1 Skybet (1/3 1-2) Uruguay are the interesting side in this tournament. They should breeze through the group whether it is as winners or runners up and then from there the tournament will be wide open but at over five times the price of Spain it is Uruguay I see as the value. They were World Cup semi finalists three years ago and Copa America winners two years ago so they have a good tournament record and with a forward line of Forlan, Suarez and Cavani they have plenty of goals in them and at 10/1 look good value in conditions which won’t be against them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/confederations-cup-betting-uruguay-look-the-value-in-the-eight-team-showpiece-in-brazil-20130614

I have come across an interesting market. Total number of red cards in the entire tournament. Bit ridiculous seeing how 0 red cards are being offered at odds of 4.1. http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/market?id=1.109449492&mpch=ads&rfr=63 Anyone know if this tournament normally tends to have many red cards? Cos the most popular bet is for 5 or more red cards @ 1.62 I am baffled to say the least.
According to the FIFA records I've just seen: 4 red cards in 2009 2 red cards in 2005 1 red card in 2003 So an average 2.33 in the last three tournaments

According to the FIFA records I've just seen: 4 red cards in 2009 2 red cards in 2005 1 red card in 2003 So an average 2.33 in the last three tournaments
Also I think it was 1 and 2 in the two tournaments before that, so 2009 was a blip (USA got 3 red cards) and the long-term average is really nearer 1.5.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 2pts ew L.Suarez Top Goalscorer 9/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1-3) Luis Suarez has to be on any shortlist for the top goalscorer in this tournament. He has plenty of creativity around him plus he is able to create space and chances for himself and he’s the kind of player who will want to fill his boots against Tahiti. Suarez scored four goals in the Copa America which is a decent return and there’s no reason why he can’t go even better here off the back of an excellent season with Liverpool. He’s been well rested after his ban at the end of the season so even at 9/1 I expect a decent run out of him. 1pt ew A.Iniesta Top Goalscorer 33/1 Stan James (1/4 1-3) One man who should go well at a bigger price is Andres Iniesta. Iniesta is such a clever player and often gets himself into goalscoring positions, especially against the weaker sides who can’t track his amazing movement. Spain are full of creative players but he is heavily involved in everything that is good about the Spanish attacking and at 33/1 there are worse picks to top score in this tournament. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/confederations-cup-betting-luis-suarez-looks-a-good-bet-for-golden-boot-20130614

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 4pts Brazil vs Japan - Over 3 goals Evs BetVictor Japan beat France last year so they shouldn’t be taken lightly but I’m not convinced they have the tools needed to win this match. I think we’ll see some goals in this game though. Neither side are watertight in defence and both do their best work going forward so I think we’ll see a few goals here and the even money that there will be more than three, with cash back if there are exactly three, looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brazil-vs-japan-betting-goals-are-expected-in-the-opening-match-of-the-confederations-cup-20130615

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Brazil v Japan I think Brazil are a good class above Japan and I was tempted to back them on the handicap tonight, but I remember that home nations rarely seem to do well early in tournaments like this, so I think Brazil might disappoint tonight - anyway I'll just sit back and watch this one No Bet

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Tahiti v Nigeria Having just seen the video of Tahiti losing 7-0 to Chile U20 recently and remembering that Nigeria are African Nations champions, I think there is value on the Nigeria - handicap at the moment. I think it's reasonable to expect Nigeria to win by between 3 and 8 goals. The 'Sport Authority' preview mentioned that goals scored against Tahiti could decide who qualifies - which is a big incentive for their opponents to rack up as many as possible. Nigeria -3 AH 1.9 Ladbrokes

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Hello Everyone! Sorry for the unfamiliar post, as I am from the other side of the world...in the Dominican Republic. Excuse the American terminology as well as the team comparison, which I did for an audience which is lesser educated. I have my teams listed in ranking of finish from top to bottom, along with wagers I see posing value in the first stage. For the first games, I am backing. 1* Brazil Japan U/3 (-125) 1* Spain Uruguay Draw (+275) 1* Italy Win +115 1* Tahiti +3 (EV) Buena Suerte A Todos! ---- In case you have missed the steady stream of commercials, for the next fifteen days, ESPN is going to be flooded with soccer games. Here is an overview for everyone who may not be up to date on their international soccer teams and players. Overview The Confederations Cup is in reality a dress rehearsal for the World Cup. There are eight total teams in the tournament. The six nations of FIFA (North, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceana, Asia) all send one team along with the host nation and defending World Cup Champion. The eight teams this year are split into two groups. Here they are with their odds to win the Cup. Group A: Brazil 7/5 Italy 6/1 Mexico 12/1 Japan 33/1 Group B: Spain 13/8 Uruguay 10/1 Nigeria 25/1 Tahiti 1500 Format Group play begins on Saturday June 15th and goes through Sunday June 23rd. Teams play round robin and are awarded three points for a win and one point for a draw. The top two teams from each group advance to the Semi-Finals played on June 26th and June 27th. The Semi-Finals are a knockout game. If needed extra time (two periods of 15 minutes) and penalty kicks shall be played. The Final takes play in Rio on June 30th. Teams While many people are not up to date with international soccer in general, I decided to do my best and make this year’s field as relevant as possible. Something I did commonly when learning the teams and leagues of South America was compare teams to what I was familiar with…NFL Teams. Brazil (Denver) Brazillian soccer is fundamentally sound with a very strong defense and a quick strike attack heavy offense. They have a colorful history and are attempting to return to glory with a mix of younger all-star players and experienced veterans. This team reminds me exactly of the Denver Broncos. With all eyes on Neymar (Peyton Manning) who just worked out a major contract with Barcelona, the supporting cast of Alves, Luiz and Oscar will have a chance to relish on home turf. The Brazillian squad has had a rough go of things since hiring new head coach Luiz Scolari took over in November 2012. Aside from a 4-0 win against Boliva, they have had four draws and a loss to England. Much like the Broncos, home field has a promising history for Brazil who has never finished worse than second for a tournament they have hosted. With arguably more passion from home fans than any country in the world, Brazil will have the pressure and motivation to perform and make a statement early. They have the easy side of the draw as they face Japan and Mexico in their first two games before finishing up against Italy. Don’t be surprised to see Brazil run the table in Group A and set up a South American clash with Uruguay. I will look to bet them under in the first game as they won’t be taking any chances in front of their home crowd and will lock down defense and secure three points. Italy (Baltimore) Italian soccer for the last decade has been headed by their capitan and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon. Just like Ed Reed, Buffon is one of the best last lines of defense in recent history. His motivation and leadership holds this team together and has lifted them to the second best squad in Europe next to Spain. Andrea Pirlo will be playing in his final year of international play. Just like Ray Lewis, Pirlo is there to do a job and that is it. Pirlo dictates the pace of the game and establishes the Italians attack. This squad will be playing with added motivation for his “last ride” in this Confederations Cup and next year’s World Cup. Upfront for Italy there is Mario Balotelli who is either the best player on the field or the biggest problem. Similar to Joe Flacco, you can get an incredible performance or a head scratcher. With almost the entire 2012 Euro Cup team still together for Italy I fully expect them to move on to the semi-finals which would set up a game against European rival Spain. They get Mexico on Satuday which will be a pivotal game. As you will see below, I don’t buy Mexico. While both teams likely go 2-1-0 Italy will advance on a tie-breaker. Look to bet Italy on Saturday to win against Mexico, and the over against Japan in a game where they need goals to secure their goal differential. Mexico (New York Jets) With tons of media coverage and talk surrounding the team that has a lot of talent, the average fan would expect big things from Mexico. When it comes to deliver, viewers are left asking themselves, “What just happened?” Could there be a better example of this than the New York Jets? Alike the Jets who can’t find the scoreboard, the Mexicans have failed to score a goal in CONCACAF qualifying, at home. Their anemic offense has resulted in 5 draws and 1 win in qualifiers. With coach Jose Manuel de Torre (Rex Ryan) seemingly having his job on the line with every game, the coach is going to need his team to have a big performance in Brazil to take some heat off. Some names to watch for on the attack are Andres Guardado and Pablo Barrera on the outside and of course Javier Hernandez who goes by the name “Chicharito”. Chicharito is one of the best ball handlers in the world, and is an extremely good finisher. As skilled as he is, in the grand scheme of things, Chicharito is slightly overlooked. Think of Santonio Holmes. Just like the Jets who always seem to have a chance at making things, missed opportunities and frustration will continue for Mexico. As I mentioned, expect them to lose against Italy on Saturday in the opener and have their backs against the wall against Brazil on Wednesday which should be a fairly wide open high scoring game. Japan (San Diego) A familiar name that just does not have the big names needed to advance. Japan, a country who is always seems competitive in international tournaments rounds out Group A. Something this team has that no other team in the world has is a birth to the 2014 World Cup. Just last weekend Japan became the first team to qualify (aside from host nation Brazil) and will not have the burden of trying to stay healthy to qualify. Japan will be playing all out with hopes of getting out of their group and advancing to the semi-finals. Their club is filled with players who play in Europe who are familiar names to people who follow European soccer closely, but won’t be familiar to the average fan. Honda, attacking midfielder who plays for CSKA Moscow is the big name on the team. Another familiar name is Kagawa from Manchester United who will play alongside Honda in midfield. Think of these two guys as Ryan Matthews and Malcom Floyd. As a bettor you can’t expect much from Japan this tournament unless you are looking to fade. They are huge underdogs against Brazil with no legitimate hope of draw. They match-up terribly against Mexico who will need to win and score a couple goals expect them to be somewhere around +650. Against Italy you should see more of the same in the +600 range. Although they should be fun to watch, don’t be expecting any surprises so far away from home. Think of this Japan team as a Chargers team playing an 1PM start on the east coast…for the entire tournament. I get the feeling by watching them, you can tell they are just a step slow and a level of play behind the rest of the teams in the group. ______________________________________________ Spain (New England) The best team in the world over the past five years, the most feared team in the world and a team on the verge of being able to claim the title of “greatest ever”. The New England Patriots of International Soccer are the clear favorites in Group B and sit equal with the Brazil squad for tops in the tournament. Coming off back to back Euro Cup Champions and a World Cup title, the Spanish squad returns all the names and faces to this year’s Confederations Cup. Vicente Del Bosque (Bill Bellichek) is a mastermind with a ton of talent to play with. Tons of depth and talent make this team the ultimate challenge for 90 minutes. Unfortunately for comparison sake, the Spanish capitan and most successful player of all time is their goalkeeper and not an offensive genious like Tom Brady. Regardless, Iker Casillas is a name everyone should know, and all other teams fear. Between the net he fortifies the Spanish back line of defense. Javi Martinez, Sergio Busquets, Xavi, iniesta and Cazorla are the midfield and soccer equivalent of the study offensive line the Patriots have which creates all the opportunities featuring Solder, Mankins, Wendell, Connolly and Vollmer. Villa, Silva, Fabregas and Torres would be the equivalent of Amendola, Edelman, Gronkowski and Hernandez, and are instant match-up issues for not only every team in the tournament, but every team in the world. My only question when it comes to this Spainish team is if the motivation is fully there. Some of these guys are getting old, and while the talent is without a question there in full, can they really get up to play a dangerous team like Uruguay or Italy/Mexico in the semi-finals just a couple days after going 90 minutes with Tahiti and Nigeria? This tournament has been known for upsets, and while the upset may not happen, I feel great backing the draw in the first match vs. Uruguay. I will look to back over’s in the other two Spanish games as there should be goals a plenty. Uruguay (New Orleans) Always a sleeper in International play, Uruguay comes into this year’s Confederations Cup as a dangerous team with such high attacking power. Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez are the equivalent of Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham. Both have strong international experience and can find the back of the net in the blink of an eye, just like they can stretch the field for a touchdown before you know it. Uruguay as a team made the semi-finals in the previous World Cup so they are no stranger to competition at an International level. Many people are buying into what they have done in CONMEBOL qualifying and I can’t help but think that is over rated. Their recent win over Venezuela came just four days after the Vino Tinto played to an exhausting 1-1 draw in La Paz, a venue which is higher above sea level than any other in the world. This team was beat, and in the ultimate let down spot. Think, the Raiders coming off a Sunday win in Lambeau traveling back home to take on the Saints on Thursday Night. They didn’t stand a chance. I believe that their under-performance has presented them at such a good price. This country has a long history of success in international play and I believe this team should be third to win the tournament behind Spain and Brazil somewhere around 6/1, not 10/1. If they can sneak a point from Spain in the opening round, a win over Tahiti they simply have to draw against Nigeria next Thursday to get into the Semi Finals against neighbor Brazil. Watch out for La Celeste (in English, “The Heavenly”) over the next week. Nigeria (Tampa Bay) This team is a tricky one for me. While Nigeria has not lost in 2013, they really have not played anyone of any meaning. They do not have anything to lose to begin with, so they will be coming into this tournament playing all out. This team coming into this tournament is the equivalent of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers getting off to a 4-0 start in their schedule, but coming off wins against the Panthers, Rams and Cardinals. Everyone is saying, look out for Nigeria…when really; we should be watching them leave. First off, this team almost did not arrive at the tournament because they were not getting paid enough money, so perhaps the motivation is now there that they are getting paid. This squad for Confederations Cup will be without their two best attackers which will limit them offensively, not a good thing against offensive powerhouses in Spain and Uruguay. This is definitely something to keep in mind when betting totals. Their coach has also neglected to bring along a couple veterans and sided with the younger generation claiming he wants to implement a new style of play and a new mindset. Rather similar to what Greg Schiano did in his first year out of Rutgers. In order for Nigeria to get out of the group, they will have to draw with Uruguay (which I don’t see happening) and score more goals against Tahiti than Uruguay does (another problem). The odds here on the Super Eagles are high, and are there for a reason. A win over Tahiti and no more for Nigeria at this year’s Confederations Cup. Tahiti (Jacksonville) There isn’t much to say here. The jump in odds from 33/1 to 5000/1 is the biggest I have ever seen in my gambling career. The only thing to keep an eye on is how they limit goals against facing Nigeria and Uruguay which could have an impact. There isn’t any value what so ever on any moneyline with this team, but watch for totals and spreads. Remember the situation and keep an eye on points. If Uruguay draws against Nigeria, the over and spread with Uruguay could be a good bet. Likewise with Nigeria on Sunday, who will have to score a ton of goals to have a chance at advancing out of their group. Don’t make any rash decisions and lay an outrageous number with this team, but there is likely to be one spot worthwhile. They are my comparison to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a reason.

Tahiti v Nigeria Having just seen the video of Tahiti losing 7-0 to Chile U20 recently and remembering that Nigeria are African Nations champions, I think there is value on the Nigeria - handicap at the moment. I think it's reasonable to expect Nigeria to win by between 3 and 8 goals. The 'Sport Authority' preview mentioned that goals scored against Tahiti could decide who qualifies - which is a big incentive for their opponents to rack up as many as possible. Nigeria -3 AH 1.9 Ladbrokes
The only reason it won't come in is Nigeria's attitude towards the game, from experience and what I've read (and looking at those highlights) they will be defending in numbers and not going forward very much. Chile have got a bloody good U20 team but its an embarrassing scoreline that might focus a few minds..Nigeria don't score many goals though and, again from what I've read, they can come across as not really trying too hard at times. I'm slightly dubious about my own -2EH bet as I don't really see this ending in a mauling but then I might be surprised by how bad Tahiti are, either way I would rather be on the clean sheet bet than a massive handicap.

Brazil v Japan I think Brazil are a good class above Japan and I was tempted to back them on the handicap tonight, but I remember that home nations rarely seem to do well early in tournaments like this, so I think Brazil might disappoint tonight - anyway I'll just sit back and watch this one No Bet
Brazil took the competition quite seriously last time in South Africa. I remember that I backed them against a team (forgotten which one) and they were trailing 1-0 but came back industriously and won with a Dani Alves free kick. Now in Brazil they will take it more seriously as it will be their only competitive matches until the world cup. They even made some notable progress from their friendly against England, when they beat France.

Tahiti v Nigeria Having just seen the video of Tahiti losing 7-0 to Chile U20 recently and remembering that Nigeria are African Nations champions, I think there is value on the Nigeria - handicap at the moment. I think it's reasonable to expect Nigeria to win by between 3 and 8 goals. The 'Sport Authority' preview mentioned that goals scored against Tahiti could decide who qualifies - which is a big incentive for their opponents to rack up as many as possible. Nigeria -3 AH 1.9 Ladbrokes
Tahiti v Nigeria European Handicaps (3-way handicap) (Note: Nigeria have to win by at least the margin stated for a EH handicap bet to win. So if the bet is Nigeria -3 and Nigeria win 3-0, the bet loses). Here are some other handicap odds I've just checked. I've backed most of these, as I think they're good value. Paddy Power are offering the best odds but only up to a -4 handicap. Nigeria -2.0 1.66 Paddy Power Nigeria to win by 4 or more goals (i.e. Nigeria -3) 2.5 Paddy Power Nigeria -4.0 4.33 Paddy Power Nigeria -5.0 7.0 William Hill

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 To be honest the Nigeria v Tahiti game looks a massive swerve to me. Nigeria without all their best attackers and have struggled for goals in their World Cup qualifying group and nobody knows how Tahiti are going to play (one would presume ultra defensive with everyone back behind the ball).

nobody knows how Tahiti are going to play (one would presume ultra defensive with everyone back behind the ball).
That's how they seemed to play against Chile U20 going by the Youtube highlights. Which didn't stop Chile scoring seven goals. African sides tend to be very defensive and you often get low scoring games. Nigeria only drew 1-1 with 125th ranked Namibia last week - Namibia are ranked only a little above Tahiti. But looking at how many goals Tahiti have been conceding, and taking into account the importance of Nigeria trying to outscore Uruguay does suggest a lot of Nigeria goals here.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Tahiti v Nigeria Just had a look at some stats from what I think is the only previous meeting between Nigeria and Tahiti. They met in the 2009 Fifa U20 World Cup in Egypt. Score: Tahiti U20 0 NIgeria U20 5 Shots on target: Tahiti 2 Nigeria 14 Corners: Tahiti 0 Nigeria 12 Tahiti had 2 players sent off (in the 43rd and 74th minutes), but Nigeria were already 3-0 up before the first sending off. Statistics: http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/u20worldcup/egypt2009/matches/round=253217/match=300090158/statistics.html Report: http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/u20worldcup/egypt2009/matches/round=253217/match=300090158/summary.html Match highlights: http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/u20worldcup/egypt2009/highlights/video/video=1111216/index.html Watching the highlights I noticed how vulnerable Tahiti were in the air in the penalty box, similar to the Chile defeat.

That's how they seemed to play against Chile U20 going by the Youtube highlights. Which didn't stop Chile scoring seven goals. African sides tend to be very defensive and you often get low scoring games. Nigeria only drew 1-1 with 125th ranked Namibia last week - Namibia are ranked only a little above Tahiti. But looking at how many goals Tahiti have been conceding' date=' and taking into account the importance of Nigeria trying to outscore Uruguay does suggest a lot of Nigeria goals here.[/quote'] The big difference between namibia and tahiti is that namibia is playing vs. rather strong opponenets in africa while Tahiti is beating other islands on their islands. namibia as european teams like lets say iceland, liechtenstein or azerbeidjan are reguarly messing with the best. Tahiti isnt used to defending like crazy. I get 1,6 local bookie for nigeria to beat the hc -2(no ahc) and 2,3 to beat the hc -3. Ahmed musa is in fine form with cska. nigeria looks rather inexperienced but this might be good for them this time and prevents them from beeing overconfident.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Italy Mexico feels like a draw. Italy is complaining about jetlag and some of their players had long seasons. They looked rather unfocused vs. czech team. Italy to my knowledge never looked good in these tourneys. Mexico on the other hand is known to turn up the heat vs. strong opponents. Meanwhile they are struggling for goals vs their concaf opp. I think going for the draw in this game has value as both teams dont look like sure winners to me. I think italy is more interested in messing with spain then going far in this tournament. Im also considering to take mexico for the win or not to loose as they are more then 2 weeks together now and are rather experienced to play together. I certainly wouldnt take Italy for the win as they dont look fresh and a player like shaaraway isnt in good form. I expect an overall lackluster performance from Italy in this game. I also wouldnt overvalue the concaf results from mexico as theri opponents know them inside out and mexico loves to take spaces rather then constructing the game.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Spain - Uruguay Both teams are expected to go through this group. I dont see nigeria troubling them. This could result in a rather open game. Both sides have enough power to trouble the other team upfront. I wouldnt give too much for uruguays problems in world cup qualifying. They are always in trouble flying from europe coming from the big leagues. This is a big stage that these players love to play and they will go out to take that game to spain. Spain players had another long season with cl football etc. I dont expect them to deliver a euro or world cup performance. Its time for spain to loose again. And I see them loosing at this confed cup. Many Uruguay players are well known of spain players on the pitch and with these odds on Uruguay I will try them for the straight win. Spanish coach always has the problem to select the right attacking combination. One off day from his attack and spain looks rather toothless. These players have many trophies and confed cup isnt on their priority. Also over 2,5, btts look tasty odds wise.

Spain - Uruguay Both teams are expected to go through this group. I dont see nigeria troubling them. This could result in a rather open game. Both sides have enough power to trouble the other team upfront. I wouldnt give too much for uruguays problems in world cup qualifying. They are always in trouble flying from europe coming from the big leagues. This is a big stage that these players love to play and they will go out to take that game to spain. Spain players had another long season with cl football etc. I dont expect them to deliver a euro or world cup performance. Its time for spain to loose again. And I see them loosing at this confed cup. Many Uruguay players are well known of spain players on the pitch and with these odds on Uruguay I will try them for the straight win. Spanish coach always has the problem to select the right attacking combination. One off day from his attack and spain looks rather toothless. These players have many trophies and confed cup isnt on their priority. Also over 2,5, btts look tasty odds wise.
Not sure about the motivation factor, when you consider that Spain have been under achievers for so long in world football it's not surprising that they are insatiable at the moment. I would think that lack of motivation would be more on Uruguay's side. When they won the Copa America Cavani and Suarez while well known weren't players that would command astronomical transfer fees and were keen on shining on the international stage, but now it seems that those two are more concerned with their next move in club football, busy making their wish known to potential suitors.

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Confederations Cup Betting – Day #2 Tournament Record: (0-0-1) +/- $0 Mexico +240…..Italy +135…..Draw +215…..TOTAL 2 Spain -185…..Uruguay +645…..Draw +325……TOTAL 2.5 Day two of the cup presents two matches filled with story-lines… To begin the day at 3PM Italy takes on Mexico and where is one to start with this game. Mexico seems like a waste of talent through seven world cup qualifiers so far and Italy is about as hit or miss as it comes. The Italians are complaining about jet-lag and conditions in Brazil, which leads me to ask the question, do you want some cheese with that wine? Mexico on the other hand is relishing in their wall to wall media coverage on latin american ESPN outlets. In my mind the most disappointing country in 2013 should start acting like their play dictates, and not like they are invincible. With that said, both teams frustrate me, but, I still believe that the Italian team is simply on a different level. Looking at some of the personalities on this team, I can estimate where the complaints have come from. This team has such a solid leadership from the back end, now under the microscope of a major international competition, I think they put aside their issues and forget about the last game against the Chezch Republic and play a quality match together as a team, dictated from the backline. I don’t think they will need more than the first half goal they will score, but wouldn’t be shocked to see them get another one late in the game. I like Italy here 2-0 as I simply can not back this Mexican team, until they show me something. Italy +135 ($100/$140) At 6PM it is a clash between Spain and Uruguay. The amount of attacking power in this game is overwhelming, but the question is, does the lack of urgency call for an all out barrage of offense? In my mind, no. We saw what Brazil did yesterday under the pressure to make a statement, and I wouldn’t expect Spain to produce an effort to match that by any means. To me, it seems like Spain has coasted along in recent major matches, and for good reason. While the results have been positive for the last four years, there is that feeling in my mind that this tournament, especially this group stage with their name next to Nigeria and Tahiti, that we won’t see an inspired effort. Another angle I see working against the Spanish team from a betting perspective is the fact that this is really the first time that the entire American audience is going to be ontop of this country. This is the first major tournament ran exclusively on ESPN and is drawing a ton of new spectators. ESPN is pushing soccer in a big way to draw a buzz for the upcoming World Cup and their newly purchased TV rights. When it comes to weighing what we can expect from this team on an effort basis, and what their price (odds) say we should see, its an extreme over value. The only match where Spain may be priced true to their motivational expectations where we could see a true, full 90 minute effort, would be in a Final against Brazil. Uruguay has the chance to shock and pull an upset here, as well as anywhere down the line in the tournament. This team is sneaky good. While I would like to step out and back the draw, I think there is a better chance of Uruguay pulling the upset then it is to go to Spain by two. I will take the handicap here at -120 odds, and have the goal of insurance. Uruguay +1 (-120) ($120/$100)

Re: Confederations Cup 2013 Mexico V Italy Last 3 competitive games: Mexico 0-0 Costa Rica Panama 0-0 Mexico Jamaica 0-1 Mexico Czech Rep 0-0 Italy Malta 0-2 Italy Italy 3-1 Denmark Squads: Mexico: Goalkeepers: Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca), Guillermo Ochoa (Ajaccio) Defenders: Francisco Rodriguez, Diego Reyes (both America), Hiram Mier, Severo Meza (both Monterrey), Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres UANL), Hector Moreno (Espanyol) Midfielders: Gerardo Torrado, Pablo Barrera (both Cruz Azul), Jesus Molina (America), Jesus Zavala (Monterrey), Hector Herrera, Angel Reyna (both Pachuca), Carlos Salcido (Tigres UANL), Andres Guardado (Valencia), Javier Aquino (Villarreal) Forwards: Giovani Dos Santos (Real Mallorca), Raul Jimenez (America), Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey), Oribe Peralta (Santos Laguna), Javier Hernandez (Manchester United) Italy: Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain) Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), De Sciglio (Milan), Maggio (Napoli) Midfielders: Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), Cerci (Torino), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus) Forwards: Balotelli (Milan), El Shaarawy (Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus). Injuries: Mexico: Oribe Peralta (thigh) Italy: El Shaarawy (doubtful) - Initial reports said Balotelli may miss out with a thigh injury which caused Italys odds to drift however reports in the last 2 hours say he is fit to play - check the lineups before parting with the cash! Italy: 6/4 (StanJames) Draw: 11/5 (Ladbrokes) Mexico: 23/10 (Ladbrokes) Goals are likely to be at a premium tonight and if the match follows recent form with Mexico scoring 1 goal in their last 3 competitive fixtures against weak opposition and Italy conceding a single goal against mediocre opposition it should be difficult for Mexico to breach the Italian goal. Mexico have drawn 8 of their last 9 matches and conceded 5 goals in their last 10 (5x 0-0 draws) while Italy have 3 clean sheets in their last 5. Javier Hernandez is Mexico's main hope of getting on the scoresheet having scored four of their last five goals (32 goals in 50 appearances) while Italy will be relying on Ballotelli to get their confederations cup off to a winning start. Paddy Power have a special on this match that might entice some: "If Javier Hernandez scores last, we will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast single bets!" For those that that follow the trends Paddy is going 16/5 on Italy to win and 1 or 2 total goals in the match which does offer value in my opinion. Mexico played a World Cup Qualifier on Tuesday where they failed to score against Costa Rica which shows the team is not gelling well at the minute and will struggle to break down a well organised Italian defense. The best value bet on this match for those that want a personal interest would be Italy to win 'draw no bet' @ 8/11 with Stan James / William Hill / SkyBet

Confederations Cup Betting – Day #2 ....Another angle I see working against the Spanish team from a betting perspective is the fact that this is really the first time that the entire American audience is going to be ontop of this country. This is the first major tournament ran exclusively on ESPN and is drawing a ton of new spectators. ESPN is pushing soccer in a big way to draw a buzz for the upcoming World Cup and their newly purchased TV rights. Uruguay +1 (-120) ($120/$100)
Mate, with all due respect to any alternative betting perspective, I can assure you Spanish players and nearly any other non-American players won't care at all even if the whole US nation is watching them on TV. I seriously doubt that any of the Spaniards will be even aware of these facts. Contrary to what many Americans believe, most people in Europe and around the World don't go to bed and wake up, thinking about USA.