Erhaab's Quiz Questions

What's the connection? Azure Fly, Brave Spartacus, Special Envoy. For anybody with gray, receding or no hair, here's a bonus clue. Barton Bank. I might be back in a few hours to reveal the answer. It depends if Homebase is still open, I need a short piece of rope and some step ladders.

Re: Quiz question

no ...dont know' date=',,better be good, just spent 1/2 an hour on it.:rollin[/quote'] hahaha knew you'd like it Primevil. For those of you who don't like to respond to my posts, here's the answer. They were all miles clear at the last obstacle only to for the jockey to fall off . I beat the SP last night on Azure Fly, my only bet of the day , was about 10 lengths at the last jumped it ok but the horse went left afterwards and the jockey fell off. This is one aspect of jumps racing that I hate, it obviously happens very often ,but last night I had an above average sized bet and it hurt me quite a bit. Not blaming anyone but myself. I'm sure many of us in the past have benefited when the second positioned horse is left in front under same circumstances. Unfortunately Homebase was shut last night, but I didn't have money anyway. I tried locking myself in the garage and keeping the engine running but at 430am I realised the gypsies had removed half the garage roof slates.

Re: Quiz question Prime, you recall a Jimmy Fitzgerald /Mark Dwyer, Peter O'sullevan owned horse called Amigos? Approx evens fav, miles clear all the way, instead of falling / unshipping, Dwyer pulls up!!! Tried jumping off a bridge that night but landed on a ferry and ended up in Timbuktu.:p

What's the connection? Azure Fly, Brave Spartacus, Special Envoy. For anybody with gray, receding or no hair, here's a bonus clue. Barton Bank. I might be back in a few hours to reveal the answer. It depends if Homebase is still open, I need a short piece of rope and some step ladders.
Oh my days..... Obvioulsy, I couldn't answer due to sporting a full head of hair but had I also spent half an hour (at least!) trying to answer this I'd be a tiny bit miffed at the answer!! Tonnes of horses missing from the list!! Reminds me of the Family Fortunes question!! 'Name something that is Red?', 'My Cardigan'!!!!! :wall What's the connection between Welease Bwian, Lastkingofscotland, Sea The Storm and Rose Garnet? I backed them all towards the back end of 2012. IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW!!!! :rollin Am only pulling your leg Erhaab - I think the whole 'Quiz' thread has some legs tbh - answer the question and if you get it right, put up another one type thing?! They've got to be getable though!!! ;)

Oh my days..... Obvioulsy, I couldn't answer due to sporting a full head of hair but had I also spent half an hour (at least!) trying to answer this I'd be a tiny bit miffed at the answer!! Tonnes of horses missing from the list!! Reminds me of the Family Fortunes question!! 'Name something that is Red?', 'My Cardigan'!!!!! :wall What's the connection between Welease Bwian, Lastkingofscotland, Sea The Storm and Rose Garnet? I backed them all towards the back end of 2012. IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW!!!! :rollin Am only pulling your leg Erhaab - I think the whole 'Quiz' thread has some legs tbh - answer the question and if you get it right, put up another one type thing?! They've got to be getable though!!! ;)
One was from last night which was the biggest clue, one from few months back for current gamblers, one from 6 years ago but in a higher profile race, the final clue was for Primevil, but I think he got it in 1. I think you are right, there could be a bit of mileage in this. I will think of another one, won't be back on here till late tonight, got a long shift ahead down the coalmine.

One was from last night which was the biggest clue, one from few months back for current gamblers, one from 6 years ago but in a higher profile race, the final clue was for Primevil, but I think he got it in 1. I think you are right, there could be a bit of mileage in this. I will think of another one, won't be back on here till late tonight, got a long shift ahead down the coalmine.
Yes... It may well have helped had I watched last night Jumpers - I'll give you that! :ok

Re: Quiz question 2

At which course have 4 jockeys been banned for taking the wrong course in 4 separate incidents since 2008. 3 rode a finish one circuit early while the other failed to ride a finish when it was due ? Aidymac , no ranting please.
Fakenham?

Quiz question 3 What connects 1970/80s comedy duo Cannon and Ball with the following prolific owners HH Aga Khan , Sheikh Ahmed ( yellow colours ) , the Niarchos family , Moyglare Stud , Mohammed Obaida , Michael Pescod . If possible no Googling , although some of you will have to Google Cannon and Ball's film career. If you get it , make a post to aknowledge you've got it but allow others time to work it out. Connection and reason please. First person to get the right answer gets a months subscription to my new tipping service , those who get it wrong will get 12 months . Answer to be posted after 10pm. Extra clue at the bottom............. Prince Fahd Salman , Robert Sangster .

Re: Quiz question 2

Fakenham?
Well done , and you didnt even mention S W Cohen. You win first prize . Ring my premium tate hotline and put £10 on each of my tips for me , you can bet as much as you like for yourself . If it wins just send me the winnings at SP , you take back your £10 stake . If you beat SP you keep the extra !!

Re: Erhaab's Quiz Questions Ok, my shout; I remember one of the Cannon and Ball duo owning a 2yo back in the late 80's, trained by Jack Berry and it won 3 races, and all of those other owners are quite old, from the same era. So is the answer something like they all had winning racehorses in the same season?

Re: Erhaab's Quiz Questions Answer to my last question is Godolphin. Cannon and Ball made a film called The Boys in Blue ( I watched it at the cinema and all I can remember is that it was dreadful ) ,who in racing circles is a reference to Godolphin. The named owners all had horses which subsequently went to Godolphin. In retrospect the Cannon and Ball theme was a bit hard without Google. Will try and think of an easier one tomorrow.

Re: Erhaab's Quiz Questions Steve Donoghue Champion Jockey 10 times on the trot. 6 derby wins, plus many other classics. Pommern and Gay Crusader, were the tripple crown winners. He is the only Jockey ever to do it twice. One of his most famous associations was Brown Jack, 6 Royal Ascot wins.

Re: Erhaab's Quiz Questions As an owner Sheikh Mohammed has won the Champion Hurdle twice. Without using Google, who are the 2 who trained the horses, they are current top trainers. If you know, make an acknowledgement like a tick or a wink. They were won about 20 years ago, using your knowledge of the sport who can they possibly be? Answer in approx 6 hrs time.

Re: Quiz question 3

What connects 1970/80s comedy duo Cannon and Ball with the following prolific owners HH Aga Khan , Sheikh Ahmed ( yellow colours ) , the Niarchos family , Moyglare Stud , Mohammed Obaida , Michael Pescod . If possible no Googling , although some of you will have to Google Cannon and Ball's film career. If you get it , make a post to aknowledge you've got it but allow others time to work it out. Connection and reason please. First person to get the right answer gets a months subscription to my new tipping service , those who get it wrong will get 12 months . Answer to be posted after 10pm. Extra clue at the bottom............. Prince Fahd Salman , Robert Sangster .
I havent a clue, but I do know who crashed his brand new jag into a lampost on Chew Valley Road in Greenfield while going for more ale at his daughter Julies 18th birthday party ;)