** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

May 20 - May 25

Re: May 20 - May 25 :notworthy

OK, I told I would not post till FO, but I lied :-) Hampton to bt Flipkens @2.52 Pinnacle (6/10) As it happened, Brussels schedule is rather tight bacause of the weather. Both Hampton and Flipkens played their R1 matches today, Hampton beating Yanina Wickmayer in a quality 3-set match, Flipkens beating lame Madison Keys (about zillion backhand unforceds) in a 3-setter 6-4 1-6 6-2. Flipkens had problems with her back relatively recently, which casused her to retire in the match against Goerges in Stuttgart. Since then, she defeated only the out-of-form Mona Barthel, and today she managed to defeat rather inconsistent Keys. Hampton has not stellar record on clay this year, too, but her performance today against Wickmayer was outstanding. H2H is 2-0 for Hampton, though both matches were on hard (Australian open 2012 and Miami 2011). The only factor speaking in favour of Flipkens is home soil - but that was Wickmayer's case, too. I noticed that Jamie had bandaged right wrist during the match, but I have no reports about injury, and her schedule recently was rather light, so this is probably nothing serious. However, this is the only reason I am not going 8/10. GL. edit: I forget to stress out that they play in about 1-2 hours TODAY.
Fantastic tip, that's what we all needed....I thank you

Re: May 20 - May 25

:notworthy Fantastic tip, that's what we all needed....I thank you
Thanks for the cheer, but you probably did not watch the match, otherwise you would have only words of hate for me, mate ;) Jamie was losing 1-5 in the decider, but Flipkens massively choked. Jamie made 6 games in a row from that point, winning the decider 7-5. WTA requires strong nerves, but this one was little bit to much even for me... Glad I did not let down my followers, though.

Re: May 20 - May 25 strewth! even by WTA standards, that's a crazy choke by Flipkens although the ATP can throw up big chokers too at times i remember being saved by a a similar choke from Kavcic vs Odesnik last year, also from 5-1 down in the final set! couldn't believe my luck that day, but like you homunculus my nerves were shot to bits!

Re: May 20 - May 25 anyone watching the tennis in Dusseldorf? have been kepeing an eye on Sijsling he's been impressive so far, dispatching Kohlschreiber in 3 sets and taking care of Jan Hajek with a minimum of fuss it looks like he's gotten over his injury problems and i think he's got a chance of going all the way when his serve is firing, it's damn near unreturnable and indeed he's only been broken once so far, in the first set vs Kohlschreiber Niemenin's serve is not as good as Kohlschreiber so I think he'll have some opportunities to break he's 6/4 to beat Niemenin @Paddy Power and that's not a bad price for a game that could go either way i'm tempted, but my last few bets haven't gone well so i'll wait and see how Sijsling starts off and if he looks like he's holding his own, i'll see if i can get him with a couple of games handicap

Re: May 20 - May 25 3.5pts K.Kanepi to beat V.Lepchenko 2-0 2.10 SkyBet Kanepi has had a real good tournament here and I can't say I'm suprised. She came into this with some decent form and I fancy her to stroll into the final too. She had 2 games in a row on Wednesday and she managed to win them both 2-0 even with a break down on the forth set in the last game against a decent player she still won it 2-0. I tipped Kanepi to win this tournament and she should get her chance tomorrow by beating Lepchenko and setting up a Vinci-Kanepi final.

Re: May 20 - May 25 2pts Pella to win the first set (and lose the game) 7.50 Bet365 I think Pella will push Monaco close in this one. I think the first set will be key. If Monaco wins it, it's goodnight but I think Pella might scrape it and then no doubt we would go into a decider and the odds of nearly 7/1 appeal. Pella is on a winning streak right now and I don't think Monaco is in the best of form despite getting here.

Re: May 20 - May 25 nice picks Fader - I agree on both Pella has a tendency to bottle it sometimes when he appears to be in control (like he almost did against Kubot) so a 2-1 loss to Monaco is quite possible, with his best chance being the first set

Re: May 20 - May 25 3pts A.Montanes -1.5 games to beat E.R-Vasselin 1.83 Bet365 2pts A.Montanes to win 2-0 2.62 Bet365 I think Roger has done well to get this far, but I feel Montanes has hit some real nice form. He has played difficult players, players who are very much suited to Clay whereas Vasselin has played players either not suited to clay or just "Serve and volley" type players. I think the first set could be tight, but if Montanes could sneak it, it wouldn't suprise me to see a straight sets victory for Montanes and a place in the final.

Thanks for the cheer, but you probably did not watch the match, otherwise you would have only words of hate for me, mate ;) Jamie was losing 1-5 in the decider, but Flipkens massively choked. Jamie made 6 games in a row from that point, winning the decider 7-5. WTA requires strong nerves, but this one was little bit to much even for me... Glad I did not let down my followers, though.
Haha, WTA is truly not for the faint hearted. And saying this I have just stuck on Cornet who is doing what every great woman tennis player would do, struggle on her serve!

anyone watching the tennis in Dusseldorf? have been kepeing an eye on Sijsling he's been impressive so far, dispatching Kohlschreiber in 3 sets and taking care of Jan Hajek with a minimum of fuss it looks like he's gotten over his injury problems and i think he's got a chance of going all the way when his serve is firing, it's damn near unreturnable and indeed he's only been broken once so far, in the first set vs Kohlschreiber Niemenin's serve is not as good as Kohlschreiber so I think he'll have some opportunities to break he's 6/4 to beat Niemenin @Paddy Power and that's not a bad price for a game that could go either way i'm tempted, but my last few bets haven't gone well so i'll wait and see how Sijsling starts off and if he looks like he's holding his own, i'll see if i can get him with a couple of games handicap
Sijsling somehow managed to lose this match despite being 5-3 up in the first set (before losing the next 4 games) and also a break up in the final set, but again bottled it he should have won this match in 2 sets, but contrived to lose it in 3 i know Niemenin never knows when he's beaten, but Sijsling threw this one away was tempted to throw some money on him when he was crusing in that first set, very glad i didn't now

Re: May 20 - May 25 Back Lucie Hradecka to beat Alize Cornet for a 2/10 stake at 2.37 with Pinnacle Cornet looked awfully tired in the deciding set against Bouchard yesterday, while Hradecka produced a very good effort and came back from being a set down against Flavia Pennetta, so I would probably have the odds the other way around here. Furthermore, Hradecka has the better serve of the two, which should help her in the nervy moments, which are bound to come in such an important clash. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hradecka-vs-cornet-betting-lucie-hradecka-can-capture-the-title-in-strasbourg-20130525 Back Albert Montanes (+1.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils for a 2/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle Montanes leads the H2H record 3-1 and he did manage to beat Monfils in Monte Carlo a few weeks ago, so he should be able to trouble the Frenchman today. The outright win might not be in his range, but a set should certainly be and this is a price that looks like value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montanes-vs-monfils-betting-albert-montanes-can-trouble-the-local-hero-in-nice-20130525

Back Albert Montanes (+1.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils for a 2/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle Montanes leads the H2H record 3-1 and he did manage to beat Monfils in Monte Carlo a few weeks ago, so he should be able to trouble the Frenchman today. The outright win might not be in his range, but a set should certainly be and this is a price that looks like value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montanes-vs-monfils-betting-albert-montanes-can-trouble-the-local-hero-in-nice-20130525
Happened quite quickly that!

Two outrights for these week´s tournaments: Back Pablo Anjudar to win Nice Open. 12,25 @ pinnacle (2/10) I fancy Anjudar here to have some chances to win a tournament. He is in quite a decent shape, playing his solid style of tennis once more. The next round he´ll face Lu. Seppi managed to lose here anyway and I simply don´t know how he achieved that as Lu is simply a push-over on clay court and wasn´t in big shape on hard as well...But well, it is Seppi. So after that match, which Anjudar simply has to win, he will face Simon. He is not favorite there, but he has his chances as Simon has no big shot to hurt a solid player like Anjudar is. Perhaps Simon has the French Open in his head yet. After that the draw would we wide open for Anjudar. Back Juan Monaco to win ATP Power Horse Cup. 5,2 @ pinnacle (4/10). Monaco might be the strongest player here as Haas is a bit tired after his winning row at Munich and Madrid. Monaco is in the easier half of the draw, facing only an out-of-shape Tipsarevic on his way to the final. In the other half there are players like Haas, Kohlschreiber, Nieminen and even Gulbis to beat. So these odds seem to be value.
Monaco wins ATP Power Horse Cup Anjudar gets to the semis. + 14,8 units here. :nana

2pts K.Kanepi to win the WTA Brussels 8/1 Fancy Kanepi to do well here. She was excellent in Madrid beating the likes of Hantuckova and Navarro in straight sets and her draw looks good here. She can come through Cibulkova and then have ties against Tsurenko who I think she will beat and Lepchenko who I believe has a slight injury. Kanepi for me in this. Vinci the favourite in this tournament but she didn't look all that good in Rome.
Kanepi done really well here to win. Few too many breaks when she lost concentration but bodes well for French Open