Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Swansea City (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May Would you class this as a avoid at all costs game? So much background to this one now it's difficult to know how to approach it. If I had to bet on it I think this will be Rooneys last game for United, although I'm not entirely sure anyone outside England would want him, for the money he would cost and the wages he would want he would seem to have limited options. PSG is the only possibility for me if United don't want to sell to Chelsea or City, anyway probably a discussion for another day. Don't see him getting any stick from the United fans, this is obviously Fergies day and the match is very much secondary although it's probably the perfect game for United to help Ferguson to go out on a high against an out-of-form and unmotivated Swansea side. There are plenty of rumours flying round about Laudrup too so Swansea are hardly coming into the game with the ideal mindset either, didn't really play well against Wigan, Wigan's shambolic defending gifted them the three points. Expect United will play a strong side as the fans will be demanding a good performance, the atmosphere will be good in Old Trafford for a change with Fergie leaving and the trophy being presented after the game. Don't see Swansea getting anything to be honest.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May I think 1.33 is a massive steal for United here. Make no mistake they will make sure they win this game and Ferguson will not let them do anything else! United's long-term home record against mid-table sides is exceptional at any rate so anything above 1.25 is value in a normal situation I would say, considering it's Fergie's last game and Swansea played midweek I am lumping on.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May

I think 1.33 is a massive steal for United here. Make no mistake they will make sure they win this game and Ferguson will not let them do anything else! United's long-term home record against mid-table sides is exceptional at any rate so anything above 1.25 is value in a normal situation I would say' date=' considering it's Fergie's last game and Swansea played midweek I am lumping on.[/quote'] Glad you said that! :lol..I got on the -1AH for 1.475 (bet365 still available) yesterday for a big stake as I was surprised to see what has turned into a pretty big game for United priced so high as I would usually expect it to be 1.35 tops against a side who have been so poor lately, was just looking for a bit of reassurance from someone else on here! Obviously feeling insecure..:lol

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May Yep Fergie's last home game. The script for this game has been written, will be played out in the theatre (of dreams) and there is nothing that can change it from being played out. Definitely not this Swansea team missing Michu. Imagine the atmosphere at OT. Swansea to play the role of the bad guys who are easily disposed of by the Manchester heroes as a tribute to their King hahaha Should be a LOCK!

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May well i guess all the players will want to sign off alex ferguson's last managerial game at old trafford with a win. on that basis alone it sounds like home win and plenty of goals

Rooney is likely to be dropped by Ferguson. Rooney had a poor season with a few exceptions. Ferguson wants a win and it is more likely with a fully focused team and not someone who wants to leave.
If I was Moyes coming in I would tell him to do one, hardly turned into the player everyone hoped he would at 18..makes me laugh that he threw his toys out the pram two years ago when he said United weren't matching his ambition in signing players, now they have signed those players and he has thrown them out again because he doesn't have an important enough role at the club! :lol..sell him and play Kagawa in his natural position that Rooney obviously thinks is below him. Always thought he was a mindless yob, the actions of the last few days just show how stupid him and the 'team' around him are. Won't get more than £23-25m for him I wouldn't have thought, the Chelsea fans certainly aren't keen on him going there! Already have one overpaid, over the hill scouser ;) As for the game, as you say I would expect him to be on the bench.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May Yeah, I also think United should offload Rooney. Even tough he is my favourite player, he was poor this season and he still thinks to play all the time. Kagawa showed his skills couple of times so far and I am sure we'll see more of him and hopefully he willl stay injury-free. Sell Rooney and sign Ronaldo +Falcao/Lewandowski.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May Ultimately, Man United and their fans will celebrate the title and Fergie's last home game whether they win, lose or draw. I think it might be a mistake to assume an easy United win. I remember United losing home end-of-season celebration games where they were strong favourites before.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May I agree with the verdicts about the Man U price being generous, for the reasons already stated and factors like missing firepower from the guests + their lazy form for the past few months

Yeah' date=' I also think United should offload Rooney. Even tough he is my favourite player, he was poor this season and he still thinks to play all the time. Kagawa showed his skills couple of times so far and I am sure we'll see more of him and hopefully he willl stay injury-free. Sell Rooney and [b']sign Ronaldo +Falcao/Lewandowski.
Would be amazed if this happened, how much is Ronaldo gonna cost as he enters his peak years..?! :loon

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May Hmmm. I agree that Rooney should probably be sold, but let's not forget he had to play the majority of his games this season in a position he is not happy with. I say fair play to him for playing in midfield and left side of the midfield when asked, when his natural position is as a striker. Rooney is still a class act, and whatever team he signs for, he will prove that if he is playing off the last defender. His attitude on the pitch is superb, his attitude off the pitch stinks. The best thing that happened was Van Persie signing, a player better than Rooney, and Rooney knows he is better, and is another reason why he wants out. He wants to be the limelight! Chelsea would be the absolutely perfect place for Rooney to go, he is better than Ba and Torres put together. Onto the United game, I wouldn't take anything for granted. This day is all about the trophy and celebrating Sir Alex, it doesn't matter what the result is, the celebrations will be the exact same. Anyone remember the day United were lifting the trophy v West Ham and the hammers won 1-0 courtesy of Tevez?

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May I disagree with the many here. United will thump the Swans here. Let us not forget who Fergie is! I know the celebrations will be the same but we all know the players will express their gratitude with a big win here. Being the perfectionist that he is, SAF will want his last home game at Old Trafford to be a win. Nothing less would do. Players will all be charged with energy and emotion and it will show on the scoresheet. There is no cert lock on in football but this is what is more likely to happen me thinks. United -1 or United -1.5. United to score in both halves.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May Think you have to keep in mind the opposition here, Swansea have been 'on the beach' since the cup final, Michu is out Vorm might be too, depends if they want to risk him after the concussion. If Swansea were really motivated for the points then I might not have considered it, on average United probably drop points at home in the league about 3 or 4 times, after 2 losses in the past 3 against City and Chelsea I don't see them dropping points again here.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May I don't agree about comparing this match with usual title celebration games. Yes, if it was just for the title celebration, I wouldn't back United, because teams tend to be not very concentrated in such games. But this one is tremendous match for United - the last Old Trafford match of the legendary SAF. Even if SAF himself doesn't care so much, the players will surely want to fight like warriors from the first minute, to pay tribute and honor their boss. I wouldn't be surprised if I see Giggs running like a 20-year-old and the whole team chasing every ball and fighting for every inch of the ground. I don't think that an already "in holiday mod" and depleted Swansea can handle such attitude. United -1.5 United -2.5

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May This will be the last 2 matches for Sir Alex Ferguson, i guess they gonna give their best as a gift to Sir Alex Ferguson's retiring. And of course wishing The Red Devils giving us a gift as well. :D If they loss for this match, i will double my bets on the next week because i believe they will give their best as the best gift to Fergie and for the last. [1st Half 1x2] Manchester United to WIN @ 1.74 [Handicap] Manchester United (-1.50) @ 1.84

I don't agree about comparing this match with usual title celebration games. Yes, if it was just for the title celebration, I wouldn't back United, because teams tend to be not very concentrated in such games. But this one is tremendous match for United - the last Old Trafford match of the legendary SAF. Even if SAF himself doesn't care so much, the players will surely want to fight like warriors from the first minute, to pay tribute and honor their boss. I wouldn't be surprised if I see Giggs running like a 20-year-old and the whole team chasing every ball and fighting for every inch of the ground. I don't think that an already "in holiday mod" and depleted Swansea can handle such attitude. United -1.5 United -2.5
Couldn't of said it any better. It's going to be a final atmosphere and I think we'll see 11 lions walk onto the pitch.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May According to Teamtalk Michu may be involved. Shouldn't stop United, will probably only help goals bets, but Swansea obviously have more of a threat with him in the team.

According to Teamtalk Michu may be involved. Shouldn't stop United' date=' will probably only help goals bets, but Swansea obviously have more of a threat with him in the team.[/quote'] True, be surprised to see him back considering Laudrup said he would be out for the season, but apparently it is possible. Angel Rangel (love that name) is likely out and Vorm is 50/50.

Think you have to keep in mind the opposition here' date=' Swansea have been 'on the beach' since the cup final, Michu is out Vorm might be too, depends if they want to risk him after the concussion. If Swansea were really motivated for the points then I might not have considered it, on average United probably drop points at home in the league about 3 or 4 times, after 2 losses in the past 3 against City and Chelsea I don't see them dropping points again here.[/quote'] Agreed. Swansea beat Wigan the other night and so their terrible run recently has been broken which means they'll be less likely to be motivated to stop the rot. Back to the beach for them. Plus, with the attention on Ferguson'sfarewell, everybody will be wanting to give the send off he deserves. United to win both halves: 2/1 188bet

If ManU are playing to celebrate Fergusson's 12th premier league title I think 12-0 is likely' date=' didn't find it yet in betfair though :S[/quote'] Just for fun I found some odds for big Man Utd wins: Over 5.5 home goals 17.0 Bet365 Man Utd -5 handicap (EH) 19.0 Coral

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May 4pts Under 2.5 goals 7/4 BetVictor It’s hard to know what sort of game this will be like. I’m sure there will be a party atmosphere at Old Trafford and the United players won’t want Fergie to go out with a defeat in his final home game but there has to be a feel of a testimonial about this one. Will Swansea really care about spoiling the party? I’m not so sure. As long as they don’t get tonked they’ll be happy enough I’m sure so the price on under 2.5 goals could turn out to be a very big one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-swansea-betting-man-utd-title-party-may-not-be-started-with-a-flurry-of-goals-20130512

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Sun 12th May Paul Scholes anytime goalscorer @ 5/1 I remember last year in the last game of the season that was also the last game for Del Piero and Indzaghi they both scored for their teams. I expect Paul Scholes to have couple of chances in the game, he will probably try from here and there, and I suspect that if there is a penalty he might take it. Last game for him at Old Trafford I can see him scoring anytime.