** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Monday 4th

3.50 Kempton Ted's Brother 1pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 This horse has dropped in the weights and looks ready to strike. His 2 runs since returning from a break have been encouraging and connections have chosen to replace a 7lb claimer with Robbie Fitzpatrick. He isn't the best jockey in the world but he should make plenty of difference. He is well drawn here and this race should be run at more of a clip which will suit my selection. I fancy him to make the most of a drop in the weights despite his trainer struggling for winners on the flat.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 5.30 Kempton - Yeeoow 6/1 Bet365 BOG Looks a smart prospect and one that could definitely turn out to be a lot better than his current mark. He tops my ratings, has the perfect trip and a very capable pilot. The horse has been gelded since its last run and while I dont normally like backing horses off a break, this one has shown he can run very well after a lay off already in his career.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 5:30 Kempton YEEOOW 7-1 Ladbrokes (not BOG as too early for them) Appears too big a price against a favourite that may well go in at 6/4 -a value pick as this horse will be happy with the course, distance and handicap mark hasn't gone up as high as others (+2lbs for a short head defeat). Hasn't been seen for a while but that wasn't a problem when returning from a break and winning at this course back in March 2012. Favourite, Polar is up 3lbs and up in class which makes the price too small for me. Sulis Minerva will need to improve as goes off the same mark when losing a length last time. Burnhope ran on a softer surface last time and is 6lbs higher than when winning at C&D prior to that race. Interesting Paddy Power have this one at 4-1.....

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th *Rowe Park > Kempton 5:30 > 0.5 Points e/w @ 16/1 VC BOG* Runs off 84 tomorrow, the same mark it went close off at Lingfield three starts back when second of 10 @ 20/1, trading at a low of 1.7, done by only a head in the same class, Class 4. This horse was placed here at Kempton in a Listed race back in 2007. Yes, he does not have the ability of old, but he does have the class to win this race. Linda Jewell's horses are running well, and I think 16/1 is rather big.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 400 Ffos Las: Pause And Clause EW (12/1 Ladbrokes) Nearly 3 years since this one won but retains a fair bit of ability and has ran well on both efforts this season. Finally dropped to 125 which gets him in lesser grade (poor for a class 3) and along with the better ground i reckon he is overpriced at 12/1. Half of these are exposed or coming back after a lay off and it looks a good opportunity to get in the frame at least.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th Kem 5:30 - Polar Venture Gave Beschizza a lovely ride LTO, coming from last to first, where he only had to use hands and heels. That race has since produced 4 winners from 14 runs, which includes the runner up. A step up in class this time shouldn't be too much of a problem as he had plenty left in the tank. 11/8 PADDYPOWER

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th Jockey A.Thornton makes the trip to Southwell for the 3 rides, i'll side with him in Race 4, it looks a wide open 2m 4f handicap hurdle that any one of them could win. Trained by S.Mullins and not been seen for just over 50 days so could return fit and ready for racing, low miles on the clock with 7 runs but without a win the 5yr old in my book could be worth sticking with. Fist time here at Southwell with A.Thornton taking the ride for the 5th time, has a chance. 3:40 Southwell - Head Spin. 0.5 E/w Bet @ SP

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 1600 ffos las 1pt win lava lamp 9/4 betvic got back to winning ways last time out after nearly 14 months without one, 9 races, but was back to best lto winning by 15 lenghs,same jockey on board, carries a 7lb extra,but ground and distance in favour

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 3.50 Kempton No shortage of pace in this race, Beauty Pagent is a front runner alongside Crowning Star, Midnight Feast, Bowstar all likely to sit prominently aswell. I would also expect Spanish Plume to be ridden prominently given he is dropping dramatically in trip after a better effort last time out having been ridden more prominently over the extended mile at Wolves. This should set this race up for a closer of which there are a few in this race. Al Khan has perhaps cleverly claimed by this gambling yard, he was well backed last time out and did well to get as close as he did given the steady pace, the worry might be he is more of a sprinter and would be seen to better effect in a strongly run 6f race. Mujaadel looks best fresh having won fresh last year at Doncaster off a mark of 74 rated just 62 now having been kept strangely busy given his record fresh barely beating a rival the rest of the year. Yard generally quiet but often come to life just before start of season and they did have a winner at Southwell last week. Teds Brother does appear to be coming to the boil at present but his losing run goes back to 2011 and that is becoming a worry. Bowstar has been in good form recently and wouldn’t be without a chance off the same mark on which she finished 2nd last time out. Drop back in trip wouldn’t appear to be a problem especially if they go hard, but did appear to idle in front last time out so whether heart is fully in game is a worry and will look to be needed to deliver very late with plenty of risk attached. Im gonna take a risk on Tidals Baby again. He was only beaten a short head on penultimate start having come from an unpromising position similar story last time out in a race that was never run to suit (the front runner won nothing else got into it). Slow starts a slight concern but this mark defenetily looks well within his reach given a race run to suit. Wide draw perhaps not ideal but he will be dropped out the back anyhow so should get the cover and Crowley takes over from apprentice is eye catching. 1pt win Tidals Baby 7/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th

YEEOOW...smashed off the boards..7/4 low in some places..WD if you got 6/1 n 7/1:nana
If it wasnt for Polar Venture I would have lumped on Yeeow at 7/1. Hopefully get 2's on Polar Venture at some point today, who I think is still thrown in. His win last time out is a massive bit of form imo with Kempton likely to suit even more. Interesting race.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 14.00 Southwell - Conquisto - Win @ 8\15 Bet365 BOG Fourth outing over fences for this horse having a win on debut and then 2 seconds after. Jumping has been good so far and has completed all hurdles and chases to date. Rated 15lb better than next best but only has to concede 7lbs and looks a lot better than all the others. Has some good hurdles form on Good ground winning 3 races and this looks a an easy opportunity to win. Always nervous with odds on selections but can not see any negatives regarding form, class, distance, ground or jockey.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 14.15 Ffos Las - Minella Fifty Expensive point-to-point winner who built on his debut run when finishing 4th at Wetherby last time out. Beaten by some classy horses that day but still shaped well, looking open to further progress and this race represents a drop in class and so should be much more winnable. McCoy takes the ride for the first time and that too should bring some improvement. Should be much closer to the top of the market than he is. 1pt win @ 9/1 Stan James

If it wasnt for Polar Venture I would have lumped on Yeeow at 7/1. Hopefully get 2's on Polar Venture at some point today' date=' who I think is still thrown in. His win last time out is a massive bit of form imo with Kempton likely to suit even more. Interesting race.[/quote'] I agree that Polar Venture and Yeeow are the only two in the race...In hindsight, backing Yeeoow, and a saver on PV, may have been the way for you... That feckin hindsight..anyone know were you an buy that stuff..;)

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th Noble Legend 2:30 Southwell. Im mainly going on the jockey/trainer partnership here as everything is in place for a big run. Something was clearly amiss when it ran at Lingfield (id backed it) but looking at the form of it's Wetherby run, whatever it was has since been put right or cleared up. Also the first time it's had the right combination of ground and trip in his favour. Considering the horse has won it's fair share of races it also gets in off a relatively light weight thanks to that Lingfield run.

I agree that Polar Venture and Yeeow are the only two in the race...In hindsight, backing Yeeoow, and a saver on PV, may have been the way for you... That feckin hindsight..anyone know were you an buy that stuff..;)
I just didnt think they'd be laying the money down with such a strong rival in Polar Venture in the race. But what do I know, they might not have even considered the opposition. I remember them punting Media Hype on that ones return last year at Pontefract and he hacked up, dont think the Burkes are often wrong in their gambles. Im happy to watch with no money invested.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 2.50 FFOS LAS BARTON GIFT...7/2 William Hill BOG Finally got some decent ground he has been craving..Not a bad thing been dropping to the hcap to a very decent mark. I expect him to realy put these to the sword today, good amature on top, and been backed all day..Including myself, I expect him to go off clear fav. There is nothing in the race IMO to give him a race, so long as he sees a clear round.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 6.30 Kempton - 1pt win Final Delivery @ 12/1 (VC) Returns from a break but only win came after a little absence so that's not necessarily a bad thing. Needs to categorically prove he stays but best form has comfortably come on the polytrack and has won a seller over 1f shorter than today's trip. Gets into this race off a light weight and has 5lbs taken off his back by a decent claiming jockey as well. Is drawn well and showed promise in a better event than this when last seen. Two prior efforts on heavy can be put to one side and with this surface ideal and a weak race, can go well.

5:30 Kempton YEEOOW 7-1 Ladbrokes (not BOG as too early for them) Appears too big a price against a favourite that may well go in at 6/4 -a value pick as this horse will be happy with the course, distance and handicap mark hasn't gone up as high as others (+2lbs for a short head defeat). Hasn't been seen for a while but that wasn't a problem when returning from a break and winning at this course back in March 2012. Favourite, Polar is up 3lbs and up in class which makes the price too small for me. Sulis Minerva will need to improve as goes off the same mark when losing a length last time. Burnhope ran on a softer surface last time and is 6lbs higher than when winning at C&D prior to that race. Interesting Paddy Power have this one at 4-1.....
10p rule 4 for Sulis Minerva pulling out but happy enough with that, well done Blazing Bailey as well !!

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th Well done Smarty72, Last Minute Winner, Wizzkid Walter, Primevil, Aidymac, Blazing Bailey & Danny Cash for having winning bets today. :ok Nice one with Yeeoow Blazing Bailey & Danny Cash. Quite a price crash on that one. Winners: :clap Smarty72 8/15 (1/2) Last Minute Winner 13/8 Wizzkid Walter 4/7 Primevil 7/2 (3/1 ISP) Danny Cash 7/1 (7/4 ISP) Blazing Bailey 6/1 (7/4 ISP) E/W Placings 3rd: Aidymac 16/1 E/W (20/1 ISP) Placings 2nd: Jay Alexander 11/8 (6/4 ISP) 3rd: Corky 9/4 Good luck for tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th 4:10 Southwell. Amtired. This horse is rated in the low 120's over sticks and with the headgear applied today on the all weather surface it loves, it has to go close off a mark this low. Clearly going to get the trip, only one other horse in the lineup could be described as anything like unexposed and a confirmed liking for the track. The obvious worry is that the horse doesnt seem to like winning but that's what your dealing with every time you have a meeting at Southwell. Been backed early on, always travels fantastically and this could even be one to lay in running to lock in a profit.

4:10 Southwell. Amtired. This horse is rated in the low 120's over sticks and with the headgear applied today on the all weather surface it loves, it has to go close off a mark this low. Clearly going to get the trip, only one other horse in the lineup could be described as anything like unexposed and a confirmed liking for the track. The obvious worry is that the horse doesnt seem to like winning but that's what your dealing with every time you have a meeting at Southwell. Been backed early on, always travels fantastically and this could even be one to lay in running to lock in a profit.
Easy mistake...should have been in the tuesday thread..can someone move it for him...:ok