** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Real Madrid must attack here and they are capable of scoring against Man.United since almsot every team managed to do so this season and Man.United have scored in every home game this season so Both to Score is a so called "banker" here and without a doubt should be included into an accumulator. I aslo expect to see goals here and Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.50-2.60 looks decent.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March I think Real Madrid will edge this. United will not play ultra defensive play and on counterattack like on bernabeu, they play very different at home. That will give Real some space for fast attacks and lot more chances than in first match. If all of Real key players enter fully focused in this match i believe in 2-1 victory for Real.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March I would be staggered if there weren't goals in this one, the first leg was 1-1 but there were plenty of chances and the overs should really have come in. Both sides are in terrific form with Madrid full of confidence after 2 wins over Barca and able to rest a few on Sat with that in mind..I see Ferguson said today that he expects both teams will score on Tuesday, I agree. The overs in the second leg of the last 16 of the CL has been 75% of games for the last 2 seasons, United picked quite an attacking side in the first leg which surprised quite a few people, they were all players are will work hard for the side though, not luxury players like Nani who won't work to get the ball back. Think this will be the plan in the 2nd leg too, expect an attacking line-up with Kagawa possibly playing his way into the team after his hat trick on Sat. With Vidic starting on Sat I think they will line-up as follows..Jones might be fit but I don't think he will make the line-up, if he does though he will likely play instead of Cleverley. ------------------------------De Gea--------------------------- -Rafael-----------Ferdinand-------------Evans-------------Evra- ----------------Carrick-----------------Cleverley---------------- ---------Kagawa-----------Rooney----------Welbeck----------- ----------------------------RvP------------------------------- Real were able to rest a few on Sat, Alonso should be able to return and Ronaldo and Khedira only played 30 mins and Ozil and Di Maria were able to be rested totally. Their form has certainly improved lately and they will be as confident as they have been all season coming into the game, they will have to score at least once to go through and will score in most games, two offensive sides who will be confident of out scoring each other. I wouldn't like to pick the winner, I think its difficult in these 2nd legs where away goals become involved, but I'm certain it will be a great game full of goals. Goal Line Over 2.5 - 1.62 - pinnacle - 15 Points

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Man United at home @ 2/1 (unheard of) or safety bet @ 5/4 draw no bet at Paddypower Man United get back captain Vidic for this tie should shore up defence although Real are coming off two massive wins over big rivals Barcelona which is reflected in the odds. Remember, Barca are in a bit of a form slump i.e. AC Milan (3rd in Serie A) beat them so not sure how big these wins really are. I'm going the Red Devils to go through at home =)

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Man United at home @ 2/1 (unheard of) or safety bet @ 5/4 draw no bet at Paddypower Man United get back captain Vidic for this tie should shore up defence although Real are coming off two massive wins over big rivals Barcelona which is reflected in the odds. Remember, Barca are in a bit of a form slump i.e. AC Milan (3rd in Serie A) beat them so not sure how big these wins really are. I'm going the Red Devils to go through at home =)

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Yeah agree with goals here. Neither of these defenses are inspiring whereas both sets of attacks are to be feared. The added pressure that Real MUST score adds to the probability of overs. United at home just attack for 90 mins because they know they have plenty goals in them to compensate for those they let in (as mustafa mentioned up top nearly every team scored on them and they are still runaway leaders) while Madrid are the most dangerous counter-attacking team in the world and the way they broke a few times on Barca in the Cup match last week is evidence of this. The transition from defence to attack for them is super fast.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March This is just one of those games, were the most avid of gamblers, traders, tipsters...Should just sit back not have a penny on it...And enjoy what should be a hell of a match. Beers crisp in front of the telly, and watch the show....It should be a cracker!!!! and its FREE on ITV!

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Agree with goals though I do think United are overpriced. Real have had an horrendous season by their standards and were lucky to avoid defeat in the first leg. Sure goals'll be my play but for value hunters I think United are a stand out.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Phil Jones confirmed as out of the game by Ferguson. Bit of a blow for United as he played well in the first leg and defended well, United have other options but they will more likely have more attacking intent than Jones and I would think Cleverley will start.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March 4pts Over 3.5 goals 8/5 BetVictor This tie is fantastically set up and this second leg will be a cracker of that I’m sure. Truth be told I can’t predict who will win it but unlike the first leg one thing I am sure of is that there will be goals in this match. Real Madrid have to score but United looked like they could score at will in the first leg. I think we’ll see plenty of goals in this match so the 8/5 on over 3.5 goals looks tasty value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-real-madrid-betting-expect-to-see-plenty-of-goals-in-perfectly-set-up-second-leg-at-old-trafford

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March can see there being at least 3 goals in this game,both teams will defo score i reckon 3 2 but for who,who ever gets that bit of luck on the night i reckon,hope he plays nani if he does will have a small bet on him to score hes got a lot to prove at the moment and this is the game to do it in,good luck

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Guys, just a piece of advise - if you are about to bet on goals, I think it is a better idea to pick BTTS rather than overs. The coefficient is a bit lower, but it is a way safer option. Definitely both teams are full of goals and we could see plenty of them tomorrow. However, I am afraid that if the score gets 1:1, this could change completely the course of the game - from very attacking football to a stalemate. I remember last year's second semi-final in Madrid between Real and Bayern - crazy attacking in the first 30 minutes from both sides, but when Bayern scored and made the score 2:1 (i.e. equalizing the two teams), the game changed a lot and there were just few other chances.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Good point fedar about the referee. Indeed the red card looks like good bet! Will also put some money on a penalty. Also Ronaldo to score is good for me still doubting because odds not that great of course. real Madrid still have some problems defending corners, so wait for the man utd line up and put small best on some of the defenders to score like Ferdinand/Evans/evra to score..

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Second me this match is one of those when you just need a beer and a couple of friends sitting next to you. :ok I won't bet on this as it's the same like throwing a quid,back or front??! I mean boths sides in the same level,can go either way. I WON'T bet on this,but will watch it of course:cigar

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Hi i'm a Man United fan and this is my first post. I don't think Vidic coming back is a big difference as he's stronger than Jonny Evans. i Don't really think United will deal with a lot of high balls against madrid, unlike the English League

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March

Guys' date=' just a piece of advise - if you are about to bet on goals, I think it is a better idea to pick BTTS rather than overs. The coefficient is a bit lower, but it is a way safer option. Definitely both teams are full of goals and we could see plenty of them tomorrow. However, I am afraid that if the score gets 1:1, this could change completely the course of the game - from very attacking football to a stalemate. I remember last year's second semi-final in Madrid between Real and Bayern - crazy attacking in the first 30 minutes from both sides, but when Bayern scored and made the score 2:1 (i.e. equalizing the two teams), the game changed a lot and there were just few other chances.[/quote'] Off topic a bit, but you really think BTTS is usually better value than overs? So a 1-1 is more common than a 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 etc?

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Manchester United v Real Madrid Red Card in the Match - Yes @ 3.40 (William Hill) I just think this has all the ingredients for this type of bet. The referee Cuneyt Cakir is unpredictable and likes to show his cards in big games. I do think Man Utd will come away with the win/qualify and with the Champion's League Mourinho and Madrid's major trophy target this season slipping away, I think Real will definately be flying in the with the tackles and frustrations will show in the second half. The likes of Ramos, Di Maria, Coentrao etc all attract cards frequently. Let's not even get started with the likes of Rooney, Evra etc who also seem to be card magnets in big games.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Jose Mourinho.... The legend that he is should get the better of United here. Real Madrid have the better team and both have leaky defences. But real Madrid with Ronaldo ozil benzema etc should be able to have a field day, and I thinkthe previous leg was just a blip . Granted rvp should get opportunities vs real Madrid who also have a shaky defence. But this to me looks like a classic shootout and the powerhouse of Ronaldo should give them the edge. I reckon 3-1 to Madrid but will probably do the Madrid win with an in play of Madrid to win 3-1, though both to score would seem to be somewhat nailed on.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March At 11/5 Manchester United are great value. I'd have them priced up at around 13/8 for this match. Real Madrid have been very poor away from home this season and United have been on fire since August.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March

1-1 looks a likely outcome here at 6/1 so little value there but the 35/1 on offer for either side to qualify in a penalty shoot out stands out for me.
It does for me too...but I cannot find anything like that price anywhere. Where are you getting that?