** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March

Aidymac

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes (this post will be deleted for 'chatting')
Leave it out mate, we only move / delete posts so as to protect the integrity of the thread :ok I've seen other forums that don't do anything, and they're far worse places to be part of IMO.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March

Crazy Cuneyt Cakir is in charge of this game' date=' so cards is a good option here. I might go for a red card in this one @ 3.25 Bet365[/quote'] Spot on Mustafa well done :clap

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Carlton Cole v EFC,,In the Prem this season....Sending off. This falls under the same umbrella...Dangerous Play. Dont think the REF had an option, given the eyes on the game, UEFA will say it was the right decision.

Nani's been useless for the last 2 seasons' date=' you can hammer me after the game if he does score but I would be surprised if he produces anything of note.[/quote'] I was wrong, at last he did something of note..:lol

I would be staggered if there weren't goals in this one, the first leg was 1-1 but there were plenty of chances and the overs should really have come in. Both sides are in terrific form with Madrid full of confidence after 2 wins over Barca and able to rest a few on Sat with that in mind..I see Ferguson said today that he expects both teams will score on Tuesday, I agree. The overs in the second leg of the last 16 of the CL has been 75% of games for the last 2 seasons, United picked quite an attacking side in the first leg which surprised quite a few people, they were all players are will work hard for the side though, not luxury players like Nani who won't work to get the ball back. Think this will be the plan in the 2nd leg too, expect an attacking line-up with Kagawa possibly playing his way into the team after his hat trick on Sat. With Vidic starting on Sat I think they will line-up as follows..Jones might be fit but I don't think he will make the line-up, if he does though he will likely play instead of Cleverley. ------------------------------De Gea--------------------------- -Rafael-----------Ferdinand-------------Evans-------------Evra- ----------------Carrick-----------------Cleverley---------------- ---------Kagawa-----------Rooney----------Welbeck----------- ----------------------------RvP------------------------------- Real were able to rest a few on Sat, Alonso should be able to return and Ronaldo and Khedira only played 30 mins and Ozil and Di Maria were able to be rested totally. Their form has certainly improved lately and they will be as confident as they have been all season coming into the game, they will have to score at least once to go through and will score in most games, two offensive sides who will be confident of out scoring each other. I wouldn't like to pick the winner, I think its difficult in these 2nd legs where away goals become involved, but I'm certain it will be a great game full of goals. Goal Line Over 2.5 - 1.62 - pinnacle - 15 Points WIN
Think most of us (overs backers anyway) will be happy with the sending off, otherwise the overs was looking unlikely. As soon as I saw the line-ups it was obvious the match was likely to be a tactical battle more than the first leg, Ferguson seemed to have played it pretty perfectly but they fell apart quickly when they went down to ten..glad to see Madrid go through, United fans will moan about the sending off for years, I would say it looked a yellow card..dread to think what Ferguson will say about it.

I think Real Madrid will edge this. United will not play ultra defensive play and on counterattack like on bernabeu' date=' they play very different at home. That will give Real some space for fast attacks and lot more chances than in first match. If all of Real key players enter fully focused in this match [b']i believe in 2-1 victory for Real.
1000 Euros im pocket

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March If it wasn't for Cuneyt Cakir's decision we would've seen a lot of sad faces here... Well done for your predictions !!! Make sure you send an congratulation e-mail to Mr. Cuneyt Cakir for his performance tonight - it was great !!!

Crazy Cuneyt Cakir is in charge of this game' date=' so cards is a good option here. I might go for a red card in this one @ 3.25 Bet365[/quote'] Well done Mustafa, our old friend Cuneyt strikes again. I couldn't bring myself to back over 5.5 cards, just too high a line for me.