** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March

Aidymac

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Manchester United v Real Madrid 2nd Half Real Madrid Corners - Over 3 @ 2.80 (William Hill) Also like the look of this one. Real managed reached 12 corners at home, and their style of play reflects this with Ronaldo the main feeding point. Man United were quite content to head the ball out for a corner with the amount of pressure Real put on. I expect United to win, however if either team takes a lead then one of two things should happen....if Real take the lead during 90 minutes, they will keep the ball by the corner in the last 5 minutes and win at least one or two corners. If United are leading in 90 minutes, Real will be mounting the pressure through their wing man Ronaldo with lots of runs inside near the touchline. Either way, 4 corners should come easily, one every 10 minutes in the second half.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March

Jose Mourinho.... The legend that he is should get the better of United here. Real Madrid have the better team and both have leaky defences. But real Madrid with Ronaldo ozil benzema etc should be able to have a field day' date=' and I thinkthe previous leg was just a blip . Granted rvp should get opportunities vs real Madrid who also have a shaky defence. But this to me looks like a classic shootout and the powerhouse of Ronaldo should give them the edge. I reckon 3-1 to Madrid but will probably do the Madrid win with an in play of Madrid to win 3-1, though both to score would seem to be somewhat nailed on.[/quote'] United have had 4 clean sheets in their last 6 games Hutcho, the defence is not leaky. I also don't understand how the last game was a blip, the same players are on the field tonight, they had home advantage in the first leg and United created all the best chances. This Madrid side is 3rd in La Liga, let's not be getting carried away.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March I would like to add some important thoughts. David de Gea is uncapable to play two matches on top level without making serious blunder. Real is physically very fit, they saved some strength and i believe that they will outrun United today. When Fergie says he will prevent counter attacks I remember him saying 2003. the same thing to del Bosque after bad result in Madrid. Than he said he will pay attention to Real Madrid strikers, and we all know how he was crushed. Cristiano Ronaldo is on a home ground and that is a key for me tonight, he will not be under any kind of pressure becuase he knows how some boys play in utd and most surely he informed JM about weaknesess of SAF's squad.

I would like to add some important thoughts. David de Gea is uncapable to play two matches on top level without making serious blunder. Real is physically very fit' date=' they saved some strength and i believe that they will outrun United today. When Fergie says he will prevent counter attacks I remember him saying 2003. the same thing to del Bosque after bad result in Madrid. Than he said he will pay attention to Real Madrid strikers, and we all know how he was crushed. Cristiano Ronaldo is on a home ground and that is a key for me tonight, he will not be under any kind of pressure becuase he knows how some boys play in utd and most surely he informed JM about weaknesess of SAF's squad.[/quote'] GL with that theory!...The game should be a treat to watch, lets hope so.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Real Madrid Over 5 Corners @ Evens (PaddyPower) This to me is great value, such a high amount of corners in first leg for both teams. With De Gea in goal for Utd he will be tested tonight alot, and expect him to be tipping and palming the ball away for corners. 4 out of Madrid's last 7 Champions League games they have hit this bet and i expect them to do so again.

Real Madrid Over 5 Corners @ Evens (PaddyPower) This to me is great value, such a high amount of corners in first leg for both teams. With De Gea in goal for Utd he will be tested tonight alot, and expect him to be tipping and palming the ball away for corners. 4 out of Madrid's last 7 Champions League games they have hit this bet and i expect them to do so again.
I'll second U with this one, sounds very good. Fergie likes to play more open at home. Makes sense.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Yeah. But how many games have the United defence came up against a attack as good in Madris'. Not much. People are telling me how Chelsea's defence has been shaky yet United have conceded more than us this season. Madrid are 3rd in the league with athletic Madrid and Barca so you can't read that much into it. I expect both teams to score. And they are on pretty good form. For me Ronaldo will really perform and i think real should win it.

Yeah. But how many games have the United defence came up against a attack as good in Madris'. Not much. People are telling me how Chelsea's defence has been shaky yet United have conceded more than us this season. Madrid are 3rd in the league with athletic Madrid and Barca so you can't read that much into it. I expect both teams to score. And they are on pretty good form. For me Ronaldo will really perform and i think real should win it.
They played Madrid a couple of weeks ago in the Bernabeu, and apart from Ronnie's goal they didn't get much joy in the final 3rd. I wouldn't read too much into the beating's of Barca too, as Barca are terrible at the moment. Should be a great game, and could go either way, but this Madrid side aren't a better team than United, maybe have better individuals, but not a better team. The first goal tonight is crucial, if Madrid get it, it will be very tough for United. It really could go any way.

This is just one of those games, were the most avid of gamblers, traders, tipsters...Should just sit back not have a penny on it...And enjoy what should be a hell of a match. Beers crisp in front of the telly, and watch the show....It should be a cracker!!!! and its FREE on ITV!
I couldn't agree more! I've been "busy" all day at work scanning through various sites looking for the slightest bit of value, but let's wake up and smell the coffee here, this really is anyones game for the taking tonight! So with all that being said I'm going to do exactly what Primevil has recommended - kick back and watch the game with a few beers in hand. From a neutral point of view, this should be a cracking game of football and I've been looking forward to this match just about all day!

United have had 4 clean sheets in their last 6 games Hutcho' date=' the defence is not leaky. I also don't understand how the last game was a blip, the same players are on the field tonight, they had home advantage in the first leg and United created all the best chances. This Madrid side is 3rd in La Liga, let's not be getting carried away.[/quote'] Who have they played though? Pub teams in comparison :lol Madrid might be third but they are still a world class side with world class players. This'll be a huge game as we know with Ronaldo returning to Old Trafford and I wouldn't like to be on United to keep a clean sheet tonight. It is tough to pick a winner though as I wouldn't make either side favourite, and I can easily see both sides winning at some point in the tie. It'll probably come down to a moment of pure brilliance to decide the tie.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March my bets for this big match before i start i have to say this match tonight i have been so excited about it, that i been reading info regarding both teams, watching highlights from previous encounters, im that excited for this game like a child in a playboy mansion anyway on a serious note cash is here to be made money is on the line...punters vs the bookies manutd to qualify (i am manutd fan) but still its a bet from a non bias view. I dont fear madrid and manutd dont fear madrid. madrid winning barcelona who are having a blip is not something of a big deal to me, lets be honest madrid didnt beat manutd at home... what are the chances of beating them at home. That is why im all pro manutd - to win any positive manutd Manutd to qualify-11/10 medium stakes Manutd draw no bet 11/10 medium stakes Manutd +1 11/20 medium stakes Rooney any time to score 15/8 small stakes- big game player could happen for him to score mezut ozil any time to score 5/1 -----just a fun bet im a big fan of him, i like everything about his play, one player i would like at manutd.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March For toady games i think that combo from two game BTS is good. Shakhar will go and try to score, they show that thay can score away from home, Barussia is attcking team too. Real is in same situation like Shakhtar, tehy will try to score and i see open game. Combo BTS odds 2.42 bet365.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March For toady games i think that combo from two game BTS is good. Shakhar will go and try to score, they show that thay can score away from home, Barussia is attcking team too. Real is in same situation like Shakhtar, tehy will try to score and i see open game. Everything is written for this two games and I think BTS is safest option for both games. Combo 1.61 x 1.50 BTS odds 2.42 bet365.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Manchester United: De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidić, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Cleverley, Welbeck, Van Persie SUBS: Lindegaard, Evans, Valencia, Young, Kagawa, Rooney, Hernández. Real Madrid: Diego López, Varane, Ramos, Fábio Coentrão, Arbeloa, Khedira, Özil, Xabi Alonso, Di María, Ronaldo, Higuaín SUBS: Adán, Pepe, Albiol, Kaká, Modrić, José Callejón, Benzema.

Re: Manchester United v Real Madrid > Tue 5th March Doing the bet365 thing... Any advice for a good in play bet, that perhaps represents some value and as it is a free one, ideally better than 2/1 ish... ATM thinking something like the Draw/Real madrid at 5/1, as both teams could come out a little bit cautious in the first half. Or even just picking a score and going for it... Thanks. Also got Higuain to score first on paddy power at 15/2 and if ronaldo scores at any time i get my money back.

Ferguson shows that he has faith in Nani and I won't be surprised if he scores tonight. Madrid has to attack and Nani and Welbeck can hit them on the break. Nani to score anytime 9/2 paddypower Nani to score first 14/1 paddypower
Nani's been useless for the last 2 seasons, you can hammer me after the game if he does score but I would be surprised if he produces anything of note.

i can't really see why people offer up all these possible bets when you can win £30 guaranteed using Bet365 offer. See my post in Bet365 free bet thread. Its the diff between gambling and sports investing.
Head over to moneysavingexpert, they have many interesting ways for you to gain £1.25 through free bet offers on various sites..this is a gambling website, he who dares ;)..

i can't really see why people offer up all these possible bets when you can win £30 guaranteed using Bet365 offer. See my post in Bet365 free bet thread. Its the diff between gambling and sports investing.
The're are alot of successful(& unsuccessful) punters banned by Bet £3.65 Here's an alternitive for next time.... Back Man U to win 2-1 with Power at 10/1 for £100. Lay it back on the Exchanges at arounf 11/1 - cost u about £10. If Ronaldo scores and Man U don't win 2-1 then you get your stake back. Works out your gettign around - 9/1 on Ronanldo to score at any time.... True Odds must be nearer 7/2 - not looked....

Manchester United v Real Madrid 2nd Half Real Madrid Corners - Over 3 @ 2.80 (William Hill) Also like the look of this one. Real managed reached 12 corners at home, and their style of play reflects this with Ronaldo the main feeding point. Man United were quite content to head the ball out for a corner with the amount of pressure Real put on. I expect United to win, however if either team takes a lead then one of two things should happen....if Real take the lead during 90 minutes, they will keep the ball by the corner in the last 5 minutes and win at least one or two corners. If United are leading in 90 minutes, Real will be mounting the pressure through their wing man Ronaldo with lots of runs inside near the touchline. Either way, 4 corners should come easily, one every 10 minutes in the second half.
Manchester United v Real Madrid Red Card in the Match - Yes @ 3.40 (William Hill) I just think this has all the ingredients for this type of bet. The referee Cuneyt Cakir is unpredictable and likes to show his cards in big games. I do think Man Utd will come away with the win/qualify and with the Champion's League Mourinho and Madrid's major trophy target this season slipping away, I think Real will definately be flying in the with the tackles and frustrations will show in the second half. The likes of Ramos, Di Maria, Coentrao etc all attract cards frequently. Let's not even get started with the likes of Rooney, Evra etc who also seem to be card magnets in big games.
Can I just say...60 minutes gone and BOTH my tips have won! Nani red card and Real have already achieved 4 corners by the 60 minute mark. Please don't delete this post, I think it's a decent achievement considering the odds! Really pleased! Massive profit!