International Friendlies > 2013

Re: International Friendlies > 2013

Careful backing against Northern Ireland buddy....we win or draw when you least expect it. We are the enigma of International Football, I mean, what other team follows a 1-0 victory over Russia, with a 3-2 defeat versus Luxembourg? No fluke either...we've produced those type of results consistently over the past 50 years! Also disagree with your ROI forecast. They are a totally over-rated team. Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane will struggle to get anything from that below average bunch of players.
They may be below average, but they still qualify for World Cup's and European Championships unlike our Northern counterparts. And we cannot be over-rated if we were never rated.. Nobody ever expects us to qualify for major championships, but we do. One thing the Irish have is heart and spirit, regardless of individuals on the pitch. We will qualify for the European Championships, no doubt about it, because the top 2 from each group now qualify automatically with the top 4 third place teams going into the play-offs.. John O'Shea, Coleman, Wilson, Clark, O'Brien, Whelan, McCarthy, Hoolihan, Brady, Pilkington, Quinn, Long, Walters, Gibson (who would rather play for the Republic), may not be superstars, but they are all consistent Premier League players..

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 To be fair to Northern Ireland, they qualified for the World Cup in 1958 1982 and 1986, and therefore were at three major international tournaments, before the Republic of Ireland were at any. That said, they've been a complete joke and embarrassment as a national team since then, and with their team steeped in sectarianism, and with many Irish people born in Northern Ireland willing to play for the Republic of Ireland, it's no surprise they find themselves continuing in the footballing doldrums. Ireland will win tomorrow against Latvia, and hopefully do so comfortably.

What am I missing on the Estonia - Azerbaijan game?? Local bookies have odds droping like a stone, from 4,2 -> 3,0.. I immediately saw huge value on Azerbaijan side, producing more than decent football as of late. Estonia on the other hand just a shadow of the giant-slayer they were 2 years ago. Vasilev will most likely not appear for the home side, and frankly speaking he was the only one who could push his team to goals and victory against anything else than poor defence. I am really tempted to back Azerbaijan DNB or to WIN. Any thoughts?
I dont know about azerbaijan line up but estonia def. is kinda bad. Gert Kams - Mikk Reintam - Artjom Artjunin - Ken Kallaste Artjunin and Kallaste are from local league, Levadia and Nõmme Kalju. and Artjunin have first cap. Ofcourse Mikk Reintam is shit as fuck. But our att. should have a quite good mby bbts. estonian line-up: Sergei Pareiko; Ken Kallaste, Artjom Artjunin, Mikk Reintam, Gert Kams; Dmitri Kruglov, Konstantin Vassiljev, Aleksandr Dmitrijev, Henrik Ojamaa; Henri Anier, Sergei Zenjov.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Vargas of fiorentina i think, is 9/1 to score first in the england game, Alexis Sanchez can be picked for 10/1. not bad odds considering England dont have a top notch defence and the game doesnt mean much for either side. meanwhile i actually fancy France away to the Ukraine at 6/4 - iwouldnt against the Ukraine of a year or so back, but the current side isnt all that.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 4pts England vs Chile - Over 2.5 goals 5/6 Skybet This should be a pretty open match. England are starting to look good going forward now and have some good options in that area for this match while Chile score a lot of goals themselves. They concede their fair share as well which should make for an entertaining match and one which sees at least three goals despite the usual friendly tempo. Friendlies should be more competitive from here in so I expect goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-chile-betting-wembley-crowd-can-be-treated-to-a-few-goals-by-two-attacking-sides 3pts Scotland to beat USA 2/1 Ladbrokes Scotland are just finding some momentum and I think they can continue that in this match. The States don’t look to have a scary goal threat and that would be a concern because all of a sudden the Scots have a few players who can find the back of the net. Conditions aren’t likely to be too pleasant which should play into the hands of the home side so I’ll take Scotland here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/scotland-vs-usa-betting-scotland-can-continue-their-momentum-in-glasgow 4pts Republic of Ireland to win to nil Evs Ladbrokes It is hard to know what to expect in terms of gameplan from Ireland with this being the first game in charge of O’Neill and Keane but we should expect a performance from them. If they can’t be inspired by the two men in charge then they have big problems. I think we’ll see a good performance and if we do then I would expect them to win this without too much difficulty. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/republic-of-ireland-vs-latvia-betting-o-neill-and-keane-era-can-begin-with-a-win-and-a-clean-sheet 4pts Argentina to beat Ecuador 7/10 William Hill Argentina have a good record against Ecuador and even though this match is at a neutral venue I expect that to continue here. Clearly they will be affected by the absence of Lionel Messi but they needed to learn not to rely on him and this gives them a chance to do that. Man for man they look a quality outfit still and while Ecuador are no mugs I expect Argentina to be too strong. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ecuador-vs-argentina-betting-argentina-can-come-past-ecuador-even-without-messi

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Low interest so far in this friendly game so let me write something. This will be a debut game for the new coach of Poland – Adam Nawalka. He already told the chairman of polish football association that at the start he wants to try some new players and seems like he wants to do it even in bigger margin that we could have imagined. He called 13 players from local league and we all know how poor polish league is. This kind of scenario was a surprise for many and if we see players like Marciniak in national team this is imo a total disaster decision. I know this is a friendly game but the coach treats it like more like a training game than official display, at least for me it looks like it. We do have of course the likes of Blaszczykowski, Szczesny and Lewandowski in team but many players from polish league will play too so the general XI does not seem to be the strongest. Actually last qualifications showed how “strong” the best XI is. I personally give the new coach time but imo using some of the called up players is just a waste of time. Slovakia lost in the quals just like Poland and is not doing that well of late either but at least they seem to treat this game more seriously with a strong selection called up. Hamsik, Skrtel, Stoch, Pekarik they are all there and coach Jan Kozak should use some new players but in the next game against Gibraltar. So I do expect the strongest possible Slovak’s team against Poland and they are clearly not without chances to win here. Debuts are always harsh for polish national team coaches and I expect no different story this time either. Going as well for goals. Last two between those nations were 1-0 wins but imo this will not happen again in a friendly game. Poland will have a new defensive line playing together for the first time ever probably but up front should be able to score something. Stronger Slovaks with classy individuals should deliver goals too. I expect a 1-2 2-2 result here. 16 years without a win in a debut game for national coach of Poland. I bet it continues today.

Low interest so far in this friendly game so let me write something. This will be a debut game for the new coach of Poland – Adam Nawalka. He already told the chairman of polish football association that at the start he wants to try some new players and seems like he wants to do it even in bigger margin that we could have imagined. He called 13 players from local league and we all know how poor polish league is. This kind of scenario was a surprise for many and if we see players like Marciniak in national team this is imo a total disaster decision. I know this is a friendly game but the coach treats it like more like a training game than official display, at least for me it looks like it. We do have of course the likes of Blaszczykowski, Szczesny and Lewandowski in team but many players from polish league will play too so the general XI does not seem to be the strongest. Actually last qualifications showed how “strong” the best XI is. I personally give the new coach time but imo using some of the called up players is just a waste of time. Slovakia lost in the quals just like Poland and is not doing that well of late either but at least they seem to treat this game more seriously with a strong selection called up. Hamsik, Skrtel, Stoch, Pekarik they are all there and coach Jan Kozak should use some new players but in the next game against Gibraltar. So I do expect the strongest possible Slovak’s team against Poland and they are clearly not without chances to win here. Debuts are always harsh for polish national team coaches and I expect no different story this time either. Going as well for goals. Last two between those nations were 1-0 wins but imo this will not happen again in a friendly game. Poland will have a new defensive line playing together for the first time ever probably but up front should be able to score something. Stronger Slovaks with classy individuals should deliver goals too. I expect a 1-2 2-2 result here. 16 years without a win in a debut game for national coach of Poland. I bet it continues today.
Thanks for the info.I won't go for w an AW here,because i am not aware of Slovakia's starting line-up,but i will go with high stakes on +1AH.So GL!!

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 These friendlies are quite tricky to predict, and surely Poland- Slovakia is a tough one to call. Given the info Hobbit shared with us, I am very tempted to back DRAW @ 3,50 (bet365). Considering the large number of first timers for the home side, I would expect something Serbia produces everytime there are firsttimers and experiments by the coach, quite a few nice plays and maybe goal threats, but mostly it would consist of ditching the responsibility by passing the ball around. Slovakia havent impressed me in any way this past cycle. Now they have time to prepare for the next EURO qual. so I would expect also some experiments. Usualy both teams tend to be tough to crack, playing more defensivly. This game might produce a few shock goals, but DRAW or Unders (@1,72 - bet365) smells great to me. Estonia - Azerbaijan xrip55 provided us with a lineup for the home team, which is unimpressive to say the least. Not that they are facing some high-flying opposition, but Azerbaijan is a team with a mission to qualify for one of the next 2 big competitions. Their game has been steadily rising in the past years, and they are more than decent opposition in this matchup. And I am certain that the bookies really shot blind with these odds.. They are dropping still (thats the only thing that worries me, usualy i tend to lose such bets :D ) anyways Azerbaijan DNB @ 2,25 (bet365) represents value for me, and I might punt a small stake for Away Win @ 3,40 (bet365). Russia - Serbia this matchup will be played in Dubai, so home pitch advantage falls into water here. Russia qualified impressivly for the WC and I believe that Capello will not allow for too relaxed game. They will probably try out a few new combinations, and we will see a few substitutions. This is mainly an exhibition and in such games backing DRAW between these 2 sides is a smart move. I cant see many goals in this one, but given the potential of these 2 teams i will not back unders here, but I will surely back DRAW @ 3,4 (bet365). These teams have a really good traditional relations, and this fixture is a great chance for a draw. Serbia will be missing Subotic (who canceled his further engagement with the national team until the start of the next qual.), Mitrovic, Markovic and Nastasic will play for the U-21 against belgium today. So we can see that the attacking power has diminished significantly for the serbs.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 This is very probably lineup of Slovakia in today game. Kozáčik - Pekarík, Å krtel, J. Ďurica, Hubočan - Pečovský, Kucka - Å esták, Hamšík, Stoch - A. Nemec I understand your arguments why cant Poland win this game, but so this is my facts. Our team won only one match of one calendar year. Slovakia bilance is 1-5-5 with only lucky win in Bosna from deflected long range shot. We tied in Lichtenstein or Latvia, which are poor teams. Our goalkeepers are totaly out from real form, on youtube you can see theirs flops in important matches from last month. I see many players from your domestic league, but Slovakia league in three times worse. On the other hand, in team is all what we have except injured Weiss (Olympiakos). His loss is big, because he is very fast and technical skilled. Coach Kozak love counterattack football and Kucka, Å esták or Nemec can use their strong physical skill to create chances. I guess for open game from hosts. With their attack couple Kuba-Robert can get trought our poor defence with Pekarik, Durica and Kozacik. On the other side is very good playmaker Hamsik with fast Sestak, which can score a goal too. But they will not play for whole match and in Poland I see same early substions, because coaches want try most of players. In this situation and beacause its only friendly game is odds on BTS too high for me, and I can see more goals too but winner of game is very questionable. And I will reduce my stakes because they play for nothing as we have seen in yesterday Belgium game. My picks: BTS yes 1,95 @ bwin and Over 2,5 2,08 @ bet365

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 19:00 Denmark - Norway Denmark ends the road to World cup with a draw in last game againts Italy (2-2 ) in that goal in 91 min scored by Aquilani ,and lost the possibilities to play in playoff. They finished 2nd with 16 points in Group B. Lost againts Armenia at home 0-4,and won three games in row.Back in squad midfilder Leon Andreasen,also Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner will play after injury but is not 100% fit, Rosenborg striker Nicki Bille Nielsen is in formation too! Norway ended Group E with 12 points with 3-3-4 goals 10:13! Head coachPer-Mathias Høgmo has called five new names in squad : Molde goalkeeper Örjan Nyland,Molde defender Martin Linnes,Molde midfilder Mats Möller Daehli,Rosenborg defender Stefan Strandberg,Rosenborg defender Jörgen Skjelvik . Fulham defender Brede Hangeland ,Molde midfilder Jo Inge Berget , Fc Copenhagen Attacking midfielder Daniel Braaten and Blackburn Roversstriker Joshua King are injured! Im very clear for the Home win tonight! Home win 1.85 @ Bet365 8/10. Good Luck!

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 Estonia - Azerbaijan It is mentioned above that our (i'm Estonian) defensive line for this game is unusual, no one from four defenders are regular starters and one of them gets his first cap and other gets his second cap. So i'm quite sure that we are going to concede, unfortunately. Any dead ball situations, especially corners, are threat for us. I don't know if i'm going to bet on this game, but when I do, it would be Azerbaijan DNB @2,50 (local), Home team clean sheet - NO @1,45.

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 I think you have made a good point here. Estonian defensive lineup is very poor as we have 4 very inexperienced players at the back at least as international duties are involved. Gert Kams plays in Ykkönen which even is not Finland´s highest league and our defender Mikk Reintam just fell to Ykkönen. Artjom Artjunin and Ken Kallaste are decent palyers in Estonian Mestriliiga but may lack some international experience( debeut for Artjunin). Aleksander Dmitrjev, Dmitri Kruglov and Artjom Arjtjunin became champions on saturday and played Cup game on tuesday. Dmitjev and Kruglov had a good seoson but they were back in Estonia after many years and maybe they are not at their best level. Konstantin Vassiljev is THE main man and always has an impact on international games as a goalscorer and as a playmaker. Problem is he hasnt fully earned a regular starter position in his club. Our attacking players Henrik Ojamaa, Henri Anier and Sergei Zenjov are very quick and can cause some problems in opponents defense. So i think btts is a good option over here. 2 at bet365 bigokay.gif

Re: International Friendlies > 2013 ireland - latvia to me 2 bets here, one to cover another or both to win. ireland - 1 @ 1.83 20 % of my betting fund and ireland - 2 @ 3.40 5 % of my betting fund . Latvia, had one 2 hr training not in full squad from 21 taken to ireland, day before flight and another two in dublin, M. pahars called up good few first timers from two local teams and, i`think just to give youngsters anyone with experience on a pitch, MF laizans at 35 and striker verpakovskis at 34 and K.gorks (from reading) at 32 in defense, otherwise they for sure not gonna make it till next qualifiers, so new era there as well as here in ireland, rest of squad is mixture of two latvian top team youngsters and best players. i think ireland is simply in a different league here, they will be eager to show and earn first XI place at first home game to O`neil, as well as o `neil said earlier, treat these friendlies as qualifiers. ireland don`t have significant missings - Robbie Brady injured and Anthony Pilkington doubtful with a dead leg vs latvia won`t have their 2 best players , striker rudnevs from hamburg and cauna from CSKA mosscow. all in all ireland plays aggressive at home and that`s they first game vereas latvia will be holding out for less damage kind of football..... so yes, - 1 pretty sure here and why not -2 ... i see something like 2 - 0, 3 - 0, 3 - 1.... maybe 4 - 1 :)

czech republic is without PlaÅ¡il (89/6 Catania)' date=' Kadlec (51/8 Fenerbahce), Rosický (93/21 Arsenal ), Pekhart (19/2 Nurnberg) and Darida (15/0 Freiburg). In goal will be probably only number two Vaclik from Sparta Prague for his second international cap. But in nomination are strong names too as Čech (105/0 Chelsea), Sivok (44/3 Besiktas), Gebre Selassie (26/1 Bremen), Hübschman (56/1 Shakhtar), Kozák (7/2 A.Villa). This is their last match under old coach and he hasnt motivation to win, federation has new option for this place to next years. Because of that will be in starting roster probably another less experienced players like V. Kadlec (7/2 Frankfurt), Vydra (8/2 WBA), Vaněk (5/0), Dočkal (5/2), Horava (1/0), Krejčí (3/1) Å ural (0/0) -from Czech league, Mazuch (2/0 Dnipro) and Čelůstka (0/0 Sunderland). Its hard match to predict, only young players have some kind of motivation. But for who they will show their skills, when coach is on bench last time? And his taktic is another question, will he want to play attack football for full match? Czechs has good players but have lost at home with Armenia or Lithuania and in friendlies with Hungary or Finland. I dont expect from them more like 2 goals and Canada isnt so poor for score one goal too. I guess for under 3 for price 1,72 @ maraton and HW with under 3,5 for 2,1 @ bwin.
Result 2:0 both tips ok :)

19:00 Denmark - Norway Denmark ends the road to World cup with a draw in last game againts Italy (2-2 ) in that goal in 91 min scored by Aquilani ,and lost the possibilities to play in playoff. They finished 2nd with 16 points in Group B. Lost againts Armenia at home 0-4,and won three games in row.Back in squad midfilder Leon Andreasen,also Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner will play after injury but is not 100% fit, Rosenborg striker Nicki Bille Nielsen is in formation too! Norway ended Group E with 12 points with 3-3-4 goals 10:13! Head coachPer-Mathias Høgmo has called five new names in squad : Molde goalkeeper Örjan Nyland,Molde defender Martin Linnes,Molde midfilder Mats Möller Daehli,Rosenborg defender Stefan Strandberg,Rosenborg defender Jörgen Skjelvik . Fulham defender Brede Hangeland ,Molde midfilder Jo Inge Berget , Fc Copenhagen Attacking midfielder Daniel Braaten and Blackburn Roversstriker Joshua King are injured! Im very clear for the Home win tonight! Home win 1.85 @ Bet365 8/10. Good Luck!
Full time 2-1! Pick won!;) Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

ireland - latvia to me 2 bets here, one to cover another or both to win. ireland - 1 @ 1.83 20 % of my betting fund and ireland - 2 @ 3.40 5 % of my betting fund . Latvia, had one 2 hr training not in full squad from 21 taken to ireland, day before flight and another two in dublin, M. pahars called up good few first timers from two local teams and, i`think just to give youngsters anyone with experience on a pitch, MF laizans at 35 and striker verpakovskis at 34 and K.gorks (from reading) at 32 in defense, otherwise they for sure not gonna make it till next qualifiers, so new era there as well as here in ireland, rest of squad is mixture of two latvian top team youngsters and best players. i think ireland is simply in a different league here, they will be eager to show and earn first XI place at first home game to O`neil, as well as o `neil said earlier, treat these friendlies as qualifiers. ireland don`t have significant missings - Robbie Brady injured and Anthony Pilkington doubtful with a dead leg vs latvia won`t have their 2 best players , striker rudnevs from hamburg and cauna from CSKA mosscow. all in all ireland plays aggressive at home and that`s they first game vereas latvia will be holding out for less damage kind of football..... so yes, - 1 pretty sure here and why not -2 ... i see something like 2 - 0, 3 - 0, 3 - 1.... maybe 4 - 1 :)
FT 3 : 0 time for guinness :)