BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January

17.10 Wolverhampton: Imaginary World @9/2 Bet365 The form books tells a clear story: Imaginary World is a very frustrating horse. Only two wins in 39 starts looks pretty poor. However I feel she clearly showed some promise in her most recent start here at Wolverhampton when she had just everything against herself. It started already badly after leaving the gates when she was bumped and forced to lose position, and it continued in the home bend when he was simply locked on the inside and had to wait until approaching the home straight to try and make some headway, what she did eventually quite stylishly and she appeared to be a big threat until she found her way being blocked at the furlong marker. When she was badly hampered again shortly afterwards her chance was completely gone, yet she finished still a very decent sixth just 3½ beaten in the end. The way she travelled through the race clearly indicated that she's in fantastic form now and very well handicapped after slipping down to a more than handy looking mark - in fact she never ran off such a low mark in a Handicap before. As she's allowed to race of the same mark again tomorrow I really think she must have a huge chance in this race here, that looks a much weaker contest than the last one anyway.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 1.50 Lingfield - Bajan Tryst - 10/1 Ladbrokes Praying Lingfield is on tomorrow cos i really like this one here. Down to mark that he's very well handicapped off and have got a feeling he's been lined up for a drop back 5f. His last three runs have been over 6f and 7f, i think he's a horse that needs a truly run 5f or to be prominent over 6f and just get home. All his 6f wins have been when he's sat close to the pace, but his last two efforts over 6f he's been held up, once in a race that suited those who raced prominently. His last effort was over 7f which can be easily ignored and he's been given about a 40 day break since then, he's gone well fresh on a number of occasions. Drawn in one is perfect and there's plenty of pace on here which should hopefully set the race up perfectly if he's good enough. Goes well round here and dont mind Julie Burke on board. Front two in the market way under priced in my opinion, i'd even suggest people to check this race out cos i think this is a huge price here.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 14.35 Wolverhampton - Red Gift - 1pt win @ 6\1 PP BOG Three runner handicap over 7f, Red Gift is the outsider of 3 and at a standout price with PP and is worth the risk at these odds. Has no decent form in its maiden runs to date that stands out having its first run in handicap company. The one glimmer of hope is in its 2nd run it was only 3l behind Pure Excellence (future listed winner) which finished the season on an OR of 101. Tom Eaves rides for Brian Ellison with neither in any noticable form. RESERVE IN CASE WOLVERHAMPTON CALLED OFF 13.20 Lingfield - Sir Boss - EW @ 7\1 BET365 BOG 1m 4f is definitely its best distance 9 victory's at this distance. Not sure on track as only raced twice here finishing 3rd both times. Has won of today's mark of 80 and is a largely consistent horse. Apprentice Robert Tart takes off a valuable 7lbs and with currently 8 runners declared looks a good for a place

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January *Imaginary World > Wolverhampton 5:10 > WIN @ 4/1 Bet365 BOG* If this horse can't win this race off this mark, there is something wrong. If it comes back to near it's best, it has to win this race for me, although it does have a low win strike-rate. It is a course and distance winner, however, and interestingly wears eye-shields and blinkers tomorrow, a sign that they are trying? Graham Gibbons has been known for being a "job jockey", so I like the fact he is riding this horse. It is now running off 60, 16 pounds below it's last winning mark, so is extremely well treated, although that win off 76 was on turf. It was travelling very nicely when blocked off when attempting to stay on last time out, and finished a close 6th of 12, and if it gets a clear run here, it has a massive chance.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January W5.10 Precision Five 1pt Win 9/4 Bet365 It's probably not the wisest move taking on Roberto and Aidy, but I'd picked this one out before I read about the case for Imaginary World so I'll stick with it. I don't usually back at these prices but the run last time out looks progressive and the step up in trip appeared to suit. It's running over virtually the same distance again today but just as importantly, the booking of Joe Fanning is a major plus in my book, he has a 17% strike rate round here which is easily the best record of any jockey at the track.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January Backed this horse most of its runs but he is yet to get on the score sheet, i was also a critic of jockey N.Mackay as i feel he could have won on its last two starts but am purely an armchair jockey, jump jockey at that. Anyway i have this horse down today as absolutely BOMB PROOF, YEH i said it, BOMB PROOF! 7 runs no wins but always finishes his races very well and today is his first crack at 1m, after today i cant see us seeing this 3yr old again until the spring at HQ, Mr Gosden only sends out the two runners but this is the one they really want on the score sheet, and am really glad to see Mackay has been taken off and his boots have been filled with Jockey R.Havlin. Mr Gosden's record has been good but he's had a string of 2nd's i hope today that's not also the case. If i had any concern it would be from the E.Dunlop sole runner, but our chap might just outclass him today, time will tell. 3pm Lingfield Pk - DERWENTWATER. 1pt Win Bet @ 7/2 Stanjames & Sportingbet ''BOG'' Send him home Havlin !

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 1350 lingfield 1pt win woolfall soverign 6/4 betvic a winner on new years day,and has won 7 races on all weather in varying distances. course and distance winner here,and hopefull it can produce the goods again,ian mongan doesnt get many winners for the margasson stable,less than 10%, but has won on this horse 3 times

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 1.50 Lingfield - Bajan Tryst - 7/1 victor chandler sporting bet boylesports BOG Missed the 10/1, but i wanted to see the money coming for it, Goes well fresh, so time off not a problem, weighted to scoot away here and make all. CD win, bolted up and made all. Prime position today to do that, its all about the start, best bet of the day by a long way, and very encouraging that the money has come.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 225 Lingers: Spinning Ridge EW (8/1 SJ) Saw this one run the other day when nothing else was on the TV, he seemed to travel very well and came to challenge like he was the likely winner at one point. Anyway back up to a mile and well handicapped he ought to be able to at least hit the frame and the price is fair. I suspect he's a tricky ride but no nothing about him really but he does wear a visor and i do like Luke Morris who always seems to try his best.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 12:50 Lingfield - Irish Heartbeat - Back Hasn't won in a long time which is a concern but has been competing at a totally different and higher level to this over recent years. This is by far the easiest task he has faced in a long time and it would be disappointing if he were to get turned over in this company 1pt win @ 1/2 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 1.50 Lingfield - 1pt win Bajan Tryst @ 7/1 (VC) Big positive that some money is down for Kevin Ryan's runner today as he didn't perform well last time and has been ridden a bit oddly really. Twice before that he was staying on from too far back off steadyish gallops when 5/6 wins have come when he's been up with the pace. Not saying he should go mad here as there's some serious pace on by the looks of it but he clearly needs to try and force it or sit off a good gallop so today's conditions suit. Ideally drawn in stall 1 and is well-treated with Julie Burke taking another 3lbs off. Capable of a bold show here on a surface he enjoys.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January

Backed this horse most of its runs but he is yet to get on the score sheet, i was also a critic of jockey N.Mackay as i feel he could have won on its last two starts but am purely an armchair jockey, jump jockey at that. Anyway i have this horse down today as absolutely BOMB PROOF, YEH i said it, BOMB PROOF! 7 runs no wins but always finishes his races very well and today is his first crack at 1m, after today i cant see us seeing this 3yr old again until the spring at HQ, Mr Gosden only sends out the two runners but this is the one they really want on the score sheet, and am really glad to see Mackay has been taken off and his boots have been filled with Jockey R.Havlin. Mr Gosden's record has been good but he's had a string of 2nd's i hope today that's not also the case. If i had any concern it would be from the E.Dunlop sole runner, but our chap might just outclass him today, time will tell. 3pm Lingfield Pk - DERWENTWATER. 1pt Win Bet @ 7/2 Stanjames & Sportingbet ''BOG'' Send him home Havlin !
You couldn't make it up, and beat by a horse that had not won since ''2010'' funny game this.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 15:40 Wolverhampton Chester Deelyte 9/2 Boyles BOG 0.5EW So, once again, we’re looking at a low grade event at Wolverhampton. One of the worst parts of this time of year is the trappy all-weather stuff but it’s the bread and butter of racing and the punters love it so who am I to argue? Just like yesterday it’s a handicap and at least we can be thankful its not at Southwell. This one is over 6 furlongs with going of standard-to-slow. Top weight STEEL CITY BOY hasn’t had a win for over a year but hasn’t been beaten too badly in races over 5f- last time out was the disgraceful business at Lingfield where no one could see because of the fog so we can ignore that run. Perhaps has a lot to find at the moment but as a previous course and distance winner, with a keen apprentice taking 5lbs off his back, he can’t be ruled out especially as he’s down in the weights. CHESTER DEELYTE has another claimer on board, with the interesting Shirley Teasdale taking 5 as well. Likely to be in contention for favouritism here, despite being another with no win for some time. Decent good performances haven’t resulted in the handicapper’s scythe bearing down on her just yet and looks favourably treated at this mark. Last time out was a step back to form and another who can’t be ruled out especially with a visor fitted. I’m puzzled as to why SCRIPT is so high in the weights- even with another claimer on board (for this is the season of apprentices on dodgy all weather horses)- his form has nothing to impress despite a few places last year. Last time out was a return from a four month layoff so he probably needed a bit of a pipe opener. I suspect one we can ignore this time out, even if his granddad is Danehill. And talking of popular sires, EXKALIBER sired by Exceed and Excel is ridden by Joe Fanning today. Hinted at some ability in maidens and an OK fourth at Lingfield last time hinted at some ability. The tongue tie is repeated today and he looks the most likely to the lower mileage runners here. DINGAAN is getting on a bit now- last decent run was a second over C&D in August. Last time out was after a break but didn’t hint at anything and to be honest Vhujon is probably the best of Peter Grayson’s two in this race. CHEYENNE RED didn’t really set the world alight on his return a little under two weeks ago and even at 4lbs lighter than his last win- down to 45 now which tells you the standard of the race- he doesn’t look of interest. Blinkers worn today. However, VHUJON is of interest. Got his 11th win at this distance around a year ago with his last two runs hinting at a bit of fire in the belly. Certainly one not to dismiss. BLUE NOODLES is another worth looking at- admittedly hasn’t won for over two years but a decent fourth over C&D last time out suggests that with a bit of good driving he could do it. Last season’s best effort was a third in an apprentice race at Redcar so no idea what to make of that. LADY BY RED is a maiden- she’s only placed once, on her first run in 2011. Pretty regressive last year and a switch to Southwell for a new yard last time out didn’t show much. Normally a 77 day absence would raise some interest but not in this case. REPLICATOR is way out on the widest draw and form just looks dull. Last won two years ago and one to swerve here. Suggestion: 1. Chester Deelyte 2. Exkaliber 3. Blue Noodles. BLUE NOODLES looks the pick of the weights and EXKALIBER makes some appeal but instinct suggests CHESTER DEELYTE, currently 9/2 (Boylesports, BOG) and 2.18 for a place (Betfair). Blue Noodles currently 2.24 for a place (Betfair) which looks reasonable. Recommendation is 1pt win, 2pts place Chester Deelyte, 1pt place Blue Noodles. Total investment 4pts.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 5:10 Wolverhampton - Shaker Style - 0.5pts EW 14/1 Bet365 Won over the C+D a few years back and although facing a few horses in decent form today hopefully can show something from a decent draw. Normally gives its running on the flat so a decent run should be on the cards and worth a play EW at the odds today.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January

Backed this horse most of its runs but he is yet to get on the score sheet, i was also a critic of jockey N.Mackay as i feel he could have won on its last two starts but am purely an armchair jockey, jump jockey at that. Anyway i have this horse down today as absolutely BOMB PROOF, YEH i said it, BOMB PROOF! 7 runs no wins but always finishes his races very well and today is his first crack at 1m, after today i cant see us seeing this 3yr old again until the spring at HQ, Mr Gosden only sends out the two runners but this is the one they really want on the score sheet, and am really glad to see Mackay has been taken off and his boots have been filled with Jockey R.Havlin. Mr Gosden's record has been good but he's had a string of 2nd's i hope today that's not also the case. If i had any concern it would be from the E.Dunlop sole runner, but our chap might just outclass him today, time will tell. 3pm Lingfield Pk - DERWENTWATER. 1pt Win Bet @ 7/2 Stanjames & Sportingbet ''BOG'' Send him home Havlin !
Unlucky mate. Didn't back it myself today but really hoped it would do the job for you when I saw you put it up here.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd of January 5.10 - Wolverhampton - Sinchiroka @ 7/1 Sportingbet I think people could be overlooking Sinchiroka here who bolted up over C&D on his penultimate start. It probably wasnt the biggest surprise ever considering his maiden form from a couple of years back certainly suggests he is capable of winning some low grade handicaps. That 3 1/2L victory did lead the handicapper to raise him 7lbs and although he couldnt defy the rise i dont think the step up to 12f suited and the immediate drop back in trip suggests connections agree. He wears the tongue tie that seemed to spark his recent improvement once more and although he is a 7yo he has only had 12 career runs suggesting that there is the potential to go up the handicap ladder slightly more. The favourite has good claims but the price doesnt attract me at-all and as a couple have pointed out Imaginary World looks interesting too but the market confidence seems to have dried up abit.