Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December

Aidymac

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Oh this game does not appeal whatsoever. I do feel sorry for stoke city season ticket holders, alot of money to watch some lacklustre stuff. NO BET, altho id like to see EFC win as i have a total dislike to all the Stoke city manager represents.

Yeah Everton are really short here. I don't see how they're worthy shots at that price when they haven't performed at similar prices when away to quite a few sides this season. I think the odds should be in reverse when you consider how strong Stoke are at home. Probably looks like another under'ish sort of game but I'd expect that to come out at 1.55 or so.

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December [h=2]Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December[/h]Stoke are playing some solid stuff at the moment and are looking very difficult to beat. Their home form is good. They have only lost one of the last six meetings with Everton in the league. Everton's away form has not been great at all and the 3.0 (2/1) for a Stoke win looks a good price to me. I can see it being a close game though with only one goal separating the teams so I'll be having a small stakes on Stoke to win by a single goal. Stoke to win 3.00 (2/1) Paddypower Stoke to win by one goal 4.5 (7/2) Paddypower Stoke draw no bet 2.2 (6/5) Paddypower

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Stoke are playing nice football this season and are unbeaten in their 6 home games this season, winning the last 3. Everton are also in good form and have only lost 1 out of the last 10 games, recording 7 draws in the process. However, their only away win in the last 10 games was against relegation candidate Reading. This game is a bit hard to call, but I don't see Stoke losing at home against Everton and the most likely outcome here is a draw. So, my suggestions are: Stoke or Draw @ 1.53 William Hill (in an accumulator) Draw @ 3.30 ​Bet365 (as a single bet)

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December

Stoke are playing nice football this season and are unbeaten in their 6 home games this season, winning the last 3. Everton are also in good form and have only lost 1 out of the last 10 games, recording 7 draws in the process. However, their only away win in the last 10 games was against relegation candidate Reading . This game is a bit hard to call, but I don't see Stoke losing at home against Everton and the most likely outcome here is a draw. So, my suggestions are: Stoke or Draw @ 1.53 William Hill (in an accumulator) Draw @ 3.30 ​Bet365 (as a single bet)
Everton lost at Reading :unsure Everton are 2-4-2 from 8 away games

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Stoke are the premier league toughest team to score goal against. 2 goals conceded in 7 games. They also have not lost a 1/2 of soccer at home They have almost identical records in 1st and 2nd half. 1st half : 2 wins 5 draws for 4 against 1 2nd half : 2 wins 5 draws for 3 against 1 So the Stoke win/draw looks pretty good. My feeling is that there is nothing between these teams Everton have scored in almost every away game (7 in 8) and have kept a clean sheet once in 8 games. Stoke are a wall, but don't score too many. Stoke have kept a clean sheet in 5 of 7 games. They have big defenders that should nullify Fallani. Everton are not too clever away from home at the moment without a win in their last 5 away games Will go for the 1.53 Stoke DC 2 units and also just stoke to score at 15/4 on bet 365 1 unit in accumulator.

Stoke are the premier league toughest team to score goal against. 2 goals conceded in 7 games. They also have not lost a 1/2 of soccer at home They have almost identical records in 1st and 2nd half. 1st half : 2 wins 5 draws for 4 against 1 2nd half : 2 wins 5 draws for 3 against 1 So the Stoke win/draw looks pretty good. My feeling is that there is nothing between these teams Everton have scored in almost every away game (7 in 8) and have kept a clean sheet once in 8 games. Stoke are a wall, but don't score too many. Stoke have kept a clean sheet in 5 of 7 games. They have big defenders that should nullify Fallani. Will go for the 1.53 Stoke DC 2 units and also just stoke to score at 15/4 on bet 365 1 unit in accumulator.
Defender Ryan Shotton out, will be a big big miss, Whatever happens, they will play a unconventional Right Back, EFC play wide down there and Baines n Pienaar could have a field day,, So i would not be so sure on this defence, This week, against a side who play the wide game in their sleep. GL

Defender Ryan Shotton out, will be a big big miss, Whatever happens, they will play a unconventional Right Back, EFC play wide down there and Baines n Pienaar could have a field day,, So i would not be so sure on this defence, This week, against a side who play the wide game in their sleep. GL
Wilkinson will step into that position and is a more than capable defender. Of all the players Stoke could have missing I think Shotton is not that big a deal. As a matter of fact Shotton has played a total of 431 minutes all season, Wilkinson has played 548 minutes, all in the right back position. In my opinion Shotton is not that crucial to the Stoke defense.

Wilkinson will step into that position and is a more than capable defender. Of all the players Stoke could have missing I think Shotton is not that big a deal. As a matter of fact Shotton has played a total of 431 minutes all season, Wilkinson has played 548 minutes, all in the right back position. In my opinion Shotton is not that crucial to the Stoke defense.
I disagree, shotton, is a far better defender than Wilkinson, and if EFC have their two wingers fit, They IMO will be able to catch stoke on the break, time n time again, If its 1 thing that will beat stoke, its quick passing thru wide positions, Stoke cant change the way they play, and that is percentage football, Long ball, and lets see what happens. EFC will know how to beat them, and I have a feeling they will do it. gl

I disagree, shotton, is a far better defender than Wilkinson, and if EFC have their two wingers fit, They IMO will be able to catch stoke on the break, time n time again, If its 1 thing that will beat stoke, its quick passing thru wide positions, Stoke cant change the way they play, and that is percentage football, Long ball, and lets see what happens. EFC will know how to beat them, and I have a feeling they will do it. gl
I don't think we'll agree on this as I don't think it will make any difference with Wilkinson stepping into the right back position. Time will tell I suppose. Good luck with your bets.

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Stoke 3.270 Everton 2.410 Stoke are too long at 3.270 @ Pinnacle. Everton are a good side but had only won 1 from 9 prior to snatching a win at home to Spurs with 2 goals right at the death. They can be a wasteful side aswell. Stoke we all know are tough to beat at the Britannia, very tough. They've put in some excellent defensive displays recently and I expect this to be another war of attrition, very tight and dogged. Shawcross and Begovic have been brilliant for them. Draw would be my gut feeling here, but Stoke shouldnt be above 3.00 for me so will take them on a +. Stoke +0.25 AH vs Everton @ 1.877 (Pinnacle:3pts)

Stoke 3.270 Everton 2.410 Stoke are too long at 3.270 @ Pinnacle. Everton are a good side but had only won 1 from 9 prior to snatching a win at home to Spurs with 2 goals right at the death. They can be a wasteful side aswell. Stoke we all know are tough to beat at the Britannia, very tough. They've put in some excellent defensive displays recently and I expect this to be another war of attrition, very tight and dogged. Shawcross and Begovic have been brilliant for them. Draw would be my gut feeling here, but Stoke shouldnt be above 3.00 for me so will take them on a +. Stoke +0.25 AH vs Everton @ 1.877 (Pinnacle:3pts)
Your comments are very good, especially the WASTEFUL comment, however one day all those chances created,,,will drop right, The bottom line for me is if EFC had the breakes from linesmen, and put away all those wasted chances, they would be 2nd in the league, right behind UTD, as it is they are still 4th. I would personally not be against EFC here, They will create more in front of goal than stoke, and maybe this could be the day, when Jelavic, and the rest wade in. In 4 of there away games, they have torn sides to death, and not always had the result, in particular, Swansea , Villa, n Fulham, Stoke have no PLAN B. Everything is IMO, in EFC favor, more so if the two wingers are playing, I shall wait until tomorrow until deciding on a bet, but heavily favoring EFC. GL all

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Agree with the overall consensus here, Stoke on the AH is the way to go, although the price for the +0.25 line has dropped a bit now; I got on @ 1.92. Not only do Stoke have an excellent home record against the better teams (and are in decent form), Everton have been dropping a lot of points away from home this season. It would be a big ask for them to win there, not impossible but a big ask which would go a long way to propel them towards potentially gaining a CL place. But I don't think 2.5 is a fair price at all, very poor value on Everton there and good value opposing them.

Your comments are very good, especially the WASTEFUL comment, however one day all those chances created,,,will drop right, The bottom line for me is if EFC had the breakes from linesmen, and put away all those wasted chances, they would be 2nd in the league, right behind UTD, as it is they are still 4th. I would personally not be against EFC here, They will create more in front of goal than stoke, and maybe this could be the day, when Jelavic, and the rest wade in. In 4 of there away games, they have torn sides to death, and not always had the result, in particular, Swansea , Villa, n Fulham, Stoke have no PLAN B. Everything is IMO, in EFC favor, more so if the two wingers are playing, I shall wait until tomorrow until deciding on a bet, but heavily favoring EFC. GL all
Your Everton bias is clearly clouding your judgment.

Your Everton bias is clearly clouding your judgment.
Im not Bias for EFC at all, My reasoning is sound IMO, Stoke City are one way traffic, and if any football side was playing them, Spurs City Man u etc, I would always go for the football side. If you have players who will stand up against them, physically and have footballers you have a chance of really putting them to the sword. Charlie Adam returning for me is a negative, He is no way as crucial as people make out, slow n overwight, yes he packs a shot but really thats it, ask any LFC supporter. And if you dont think they destroyed Villa, Fulham n Swansea, I suggest you play the games again. I would worry about the lokes of EFC at home to say Wigan, were they will be 4/9, Now that is poor value. At 2.5 ish 6/4, I think your getting a bit of value, The bottom line is, If City UTD Chelsea Spurs LFC were all away at stoke, they would be all alot shorter than 6/4 , All the said teams have not beaten EFC the last time they played them.

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December 2pts Stoke Vs Everton - No First Goalscorer 8.50 Skybet Under 2.5 goals here seems a shoe-in however odds of around 1.65 do not appeal to me. There wont be many goals in this atall. Both defenses are strong. Both don't score a great deal. This could easily be a 1-0,0-1,1-1 or a 0-0.. and this covers us for an own goal too.

Im not Bias for EFC at all, My reasoning is sound IMO, Stoke City are one way traffic, and if any football side was playing them, Spurs City Man u etc, I would always go for the football side. If you have players who will stand up against them, physically and have footballers you have a chance of really putting them to the sword. Charlie Adam returning for me is a negative, He is no way as crucial as people make out, slow n overwight, yes he packs a shot but really thats it, ask any LFC supporter. And if you dont think they destroyed Villa, Fulham n Swansea, I suggest you play the games again. I would worry about the lokes of EFC at home to say Wigan, were they will be 4/9, Now that is poor value. At 2.5 ish 6/4, I think your getting a bit of value, The bottom line is, If City UTD Chelsea Spurs LFC were all away at stoke, they would be all alot shorter than 6/4 , All the said teams have not beaten EFC the last time they played them.
If you look at those teams' recent results at Stoke though, they have done really badly. Stoke 1-1 Man City Stoke 0-0 Arsenal Stoke 1-1 Everton Stoke 1-1 Arsenal Stoke 1-1 Man City Stoke 2-1 Spurs Stoke 1-1 Man Utd Stoke 0-0 Liverpool Those are all the results of football sides away to Stoke since the start of last season. No one won! Looking at those games though perhaps the best value is the draw rather than the +0.25AH I've already backed. Only game didn't end in a draw and it should have (we had terrible luck with the ref in that 2-1 defeat last Autumn). But the results of the top sides or sides who play good football away to Stoke certainly do not lend any support for backing Everton @ 2.5.

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December I have not yest decided on what i am doing, However the stats you put up(thank you), does favor the 8/11 for EFC and DRAW NO BET. As i am adament EFC will create double the chances in this game. Yet to decide but thanks for the above.

I have not yest decided on what i am doing, However the stats you put up(thank you), does favor the 8/11 for EFC and DRAW NO BET. As i am adament EFC will create double the chances in this game. Yet to decide but thanks for the above.
You're welcome, I definitely think whatever you back in this game you should have draw cover. Keep up the good work, some good tips from you this week.

Agree with the overall consensus here' date=' Stoke on the AH is the way to go, although the price for the +0.25 line has dropped a bit now; I got on @ 1.92. Not only do Stoke have an excellent home record against the better teams (and are in decent form), Everton have been dropping a lot of points away from home this season. It would be a big ask for them to win there, not impossible but a big ask which would go a long way to propel them towards potentially gaining a CL place. But I don't think 2.5 is a fair price at all, very poor value on Everton there and good value opposing them.[/quote'] 1.92 is still a good price IMO. It was around that price when the odds were released so its still the bet for me. I don't see why Everton should be favourites and I can't see a reason to back them below three.

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December David Moyes has revealed he expects to be without Kevin Mirallas and Tony Hibbert for Saturday's trip to Stoke City. Belgian Mirallas had been sidelined with a hamstring strain since November's victory over Sunderland, but returned to play the first 45 minutes against Tottenham last weekend. Moyes withdrew the forward as a precaution, but admitted on Friday that he will now be given more time to reach full fitness. The Blues boss said: “It looks as though we'll lose Kevin for a few weeks and that’s a really big blow. Anyone who has watched our games will tell you what he is like. “His hamstring just isn’t right so it looks like we are going to have to take more time over it. It will probably keep him out for a while. “We originally thought it would be a mild hamstring injury and we gave it extra time and I was actually expecting him to be available for the midweek Arsenal game. “I didn’t then use him in the Manchester City game in the hope that he would be right for the Tottenham. “We gave it extra days to get him right but we will now need to take even more time, unfortunately. “He will be a big miss for us because he gives us a different attacking dimension from what we have got.” Meanwhile, full-back Hibbert has been similarly in and out of the Blues' set-up this term through injury. Despite returning to the Everton side for the 1-1 draws with Arsenal and Manchester City, a calf problem has since resurfaced and will now be treated on Monday. Moyes said: “Tony has got a reccurrence of his calf injury so we think he is going to have an operation at the start of next week which will keep him out for a while as well. “We've got a few niggles and knocks like everybody else, the odd one or two here, but I think it's going to be like that around this time of year. You can pick up an injury in training nowadays and the players are right in the middle of the cold weather in training.” DOES MAKE A DIFFRENCE....

1.92 is still a good price IMO. It was around that price when the odds were released so its still the bet for me. I don't see why Everton should be favourites and I can't see a reason to back them below three.
Yes, I bet @ 1.92, but last I checked it had gone down to 1.84. Still backable; I agree with you that Everton should be around 2/1. Mirallas being injured is good news for our bets.

Yes' date=' I bet @ 1.92, but last I checked it had gone down to 1.84. Still backable; I agree with you that Everton should be around 2/1. Mirallas being injured is good news for our bets.[/quote'] Yup, I honestly think the odds on this game should be flipped and that's what makes Stoke way more backable in my opinion.

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Stoke-Everton X @3.30 4/10 Ladbrokes Both teams have the highest amount of draws of all Premier League clubs so far. Both of them drew 8 times, while both are very tough to beat as Everton lost twice so far and Stoke just 3 matches respectively. Stoke haven't lost at home so far having conceded just 2 goals in all home matches. Stoke are missing right-back Shotton and the Toffees will be without striker Mirallas and defender Hibbert. This will be a very tough match for both of them, both like to draw obviously. High possibilty of a draw here in my eyes. 1-1 with the most likely outcome here. GL

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Stoke @ 3.23 pinnacle Stoke will look to continue to be very miserly at home as they have conceded just two goals in their 7 home games this season, while they have scored at least one goal in 5 of these 7 home games. A win here for them may see them end up 4th on the ladder if other results go their way, which includes jumping over Everton. Everton's position on the ladder has much to do with their home form, as on the road, they have drawn 4 of their last 5 away games, and though they have scored in each of them, they have allowed goals also in each of these games. Against a home defence like Stoke who do not concede much, then they will have problems scoring against them. Stoke have enough height to negate the aerial threat of Fellaini, while there is not enough height in Everton's team to negate Stoke's set pieces. Another aspect of Everton's play is their never-say-die attitude which has enabled them to come from behind and get points in their games, but they face another side with the same attitude, so even there, they will find it hard to gain an edge in this game. Ultimately this will come down to which defence can stop the goals coming it, and here, Stoke have the edge.

Re: Stoke City v Everton > Sat 15th December Stoke v Everton - ko 15.00 15th December Once again, Tony Pulis is working miracles with Stoke. They will never be prolific scorers, but they will always be hard to beat at home and are not doing so badly away this season. They are unbeaten in 6, winning 3. They are currently 9th in what’s a very congested top half of the table. Peter Crouch has had a couple of teeth knocked out recently, but should be fit for this game and will be as important as ever. It’s going to be a tough one today against an inform Everton. Everton have climbed to 4th in the table in the first half of the season, who’d had thought it? This must one of their best starts to their season in years. They have only lost twice in 14 games, but had been drawing far too many. They won last time out showing plenty of grit and determination scoring 2 goals in the last minute to beat Spurs side 2-1 that were above them. This game is the battle of the have nots. They both prove though, that you don’t have a have a Russian Billionaire, but what you must do is give your manager plenty of confidence and time to do the job. Everton are in front on the Head to Head with 34 wins to Stokes 25, but there have also been 25 draws. There’s not normally much between these 2 sides and the last 6 games have been unders. In those 6 games there has only been 1 occasion where a team has won by 2 clear goals. Under 2.5 Goals is @ 1.7 with >BetVictor