Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December

Aidymac

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December

Last 5 years when spurs were flying high,,,and EFC were in the doldrums, Spurs still could not win at Goodison. It looks like EFC will name a unchanged side, that drew away with MAN CITY(yes them), and a real possiblity Kevin M will be on the subs bench. As i said before EFC are due to give someone a pounding, and if he plays(avb) 2 up front, EFC 5 man midfield will run riot. Over 2.5 goals I 100% agree with, but a spurs win...Id think again... To quote Harry Redknap...Goodison Park is the most intimidating place to come if you fancy yourself as a top club... Aint no easy points at goodison,,,Ask Man u, Man c, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal....None have won on their last visits.
For this statement

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December To be fair i watched the whole game and while we played pretty average, Everton certainly did not deserve to win on their second half performance, they were as flat as a pancake till the last 5 minutes. I would have felt extremely lucky had i backed them. They had a good spell towards the end of the first half but we defended well. AVB's substitutions were poor if you ask me, not sure why he had to bring on that useless Falque towards the end and in my opinion Gallas' poor defending has cost us once again. Rio - check your stats before you post - we had 7 shots on target to Everton's 11.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December That's the beauty of betting I guess, value is subjective. Whatever way I weighed this match up, I couldnt come up with: Everton 1.9-2.00 Spurs 4.00 More like Everton 2.50, Spurs 3.00. But others would see Evens as a good price I guess.

So backing Everton was bad? I think that prices were fair enough and everything above 2 on backing Everton was good bet.
Everyones perception of a good price is going to be different isnt it... The fact that they had only won 1 of their last 9 premeir league games would suggest to me that those sort of odds dont represent value. Well done if you backed them today though

Exactly. Backing Everton wasnt even a good bet if you ask me' date=' not a shred of value at the pre-match prices.[/quote'] SO a home team that has not been beaten there since MARCH,,above EVENS,,and there not value?,,,AND IN THAT TIME HAVE BEATEN THE 1ST, 2ND, 3RD N 4TH(at the time) in the league, when they all last visited IS NOT VALUE... I REALLY DO NOT SEE, FROM ANY ANGLE WERE YOU COME FROM WITH THIS STATEMENT.. By the way watch it tonight,,and you tell me that EFC did not deserve it,,and should have won by 3 clear goals.. EVERTON ARE GOOD AT HOME,,n you better change your thinking on value,,especially about above evens here...

SO a home team that has not been beaten there since MARCH,,above EVENS,,and there not value?,,,AND IN THAT TIME HAVE BEATEN THE 1ST, 2ND, 3RD N 4TH(at the time) in the league, when they all last visited IS NOT VALUE... I REALLY DO NOT SEE, FROM ANY ANGLE WERE YOU COME FROM WITH THIS STATEMENT.. By the way watch it tonight,,and you tell me that EFC did not deserve it,,and should have won by 3 clear goals.. EVERTON ARE GOOD AT HOME,,n you better change your thinking on value,,especially about above evens here...
So on that basis did you put your life savings on City who hadnt lost at home for 37 games?

Everyones perception of a good price is going to be different isnt it... The fact that they had only won 1 of their last 9 premeir league games would suggest to me that those sort of odds dont represent value. Well done if you backed them today though
You cant go on the final outcome,,you have to see how the game went,,in 7 of those game EFC should have won,,the DRAW backers were the fortunate ones,,, TODAY the dominant team i.e. EFC got the result they deserved. Dont just look at the final result.

You cant go on the final outcome,,you have to see how the game went,,in 7 of those game EFC should have won,,the DRAW backers were the fortunate ones,,, TODAY the dominant team i.e. EFC got the result they deserved. Dont just look at the final result.
I dont just look at the final result, but if a team are making a habit of not finishing games off then i would stay away from baking them at short odds. Did you watch the game today? Everton "Dominated" for a fifteen minute period before HT, aside from that the game was pretty level and a draw would have been a fair result.

Show some humility please :) Let others congratulate you if they feel it was a good pick :ok
Let him cheer thats what you told me few weeks ago in a PM, now you say the let others congratulate you?? strange Hi there, You'll find that we actually encourage people to show if they've had a winner, as long as the thread's matches are over. Everyone likes a bit of glory, so no need to puncture their tyre if they do. ;) Cheers Paul "

As I said, I'd price it Everton 2.50 Spurs 3.00 I dont see how Spurs are 4.00 shots today, right they lost the two sides are fairly closely matched in my eyes, Spurs in better form heading in.
A Gooner i agree with?! :eek

I dont just look at the final result, but if a team are making a habit of not finishing games off then i would stay away from baking them at short odds. Did you watch the game today? Everton "Dominated" for a fifteen minute period before HT, aside from that the game was pretty level and a draw would have been a fair result.
You did not watch this game,,IM SORRY.. EFC should have been 4 up at half time,,,Spurs had 1 shot in the first half... First half 13 shots n 72% possesion from EFC..thats a fact.... TRY 40 mins dominance... Then Kevin M goes of(half time)f,,and his replacement(naysmith) somehow misses with his first touch.. Then spurs score with there 3rd shot from open play..VIA A OWN GOAL... Then spurs go further negative, with replacements...TAKE ALL PACE THEY HAVE IN THE TEAM OFF... EFC keep pounding away,,and get there just deserts...THATS HOW THE GAME WENT....FACT

Yeah but if you look at Everton and are familiar with Everton you'll know that they have been struggling to put chances away, and they do make life hard for themselves. I think it's that, that would make them poor value in my eyes. Because you're relying on Everton coming back from a losing position. The amount of times they have to come back is unreal and they can't keep doing that. They had to still rely on a 90th minute winner today, and you selected Everton to win in 90 from one down when that could so easily have finished 1-1 after they equalised. I think it's best to remember how fine the win was today :ok

You did not watch this game,,IM SORRY.. EFC should have been 4 up at half time,,,Spurs had 1 shot in the first half... First half 13 shots n 72% possesion from EFC..thats a fact.... TRY 40 mins dominance... Then Kevin M goes of(half time)f,,and his replacement(naysmith) somehow misses with his first touch.. Then spurs score with there 3rd shot from open play..VIA A OWN GOAL... Then spurs go further negative, with replacements...TAKE ALL PACE THEY HAVE IN THE TEAM OFF... EFC keep pounding away,,and get there just deserts...THATS HOW THE GAME WENT....FACT
:lol Well if you could find me an official stat showing Everton had 72% possesion in the first half would be very surprised as we hadmore possesion in the game overall (check the usual reputable sources like Sky Sports and BBC if you dont beleive me) and if that is so would have had to have upwards of 73% possesion in the 2nd half wouldnt it.... Everton did have alot of shots but most of them didnt even make the goal as they were blocked by Spurs defenders. I agree that Mirallas was good but Dembele was streets ahead of most of the players on that field. Dempseys goal was a deflection but so what? it wasnt an own goal as it was on target and for all you know it could have gone in anyway. The substitutions were poor by AVB like i said. I can understand Huddlestone who can keep possesion well but bringing Falque on was pointless. Out of interest who do you support?

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December [TABLE=class: arttable, width: 100%] [TR] [TD=class: arttablehdr]From SkySports: Everton[/TD] [TD=class: arttablehdr, align: center]Team Statistics[/TD] [TD=class: arttablehdr, align: center]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD=align: center]Goals[/TD] [TD=align: center]1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0[/TD] [TD=align: center]1st Half Goals[/TD] [TD=align: center]0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD=align: center]Shots on Target[/TD] [TD=align: center]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]9[/TD] [TD=align: center]Shots off Target[/TD] [TD=align: center]1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]7[/TD] [TD=align: center]Blocked Shots[/TD] [TD=align: center]6[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD=align: center]Corners[/TD] [TD=align: center]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]12[/TD] [TD=align: center]Fouls[/TD] [TD=align: center]11[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD=align: center]Offsides[/TD] [TD=align: center]0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD=align: center]Yellow Cards[/TD] [TD=align: center]2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0[/TD] [TD=align: center]Red Cards[/TD] [TD=align: center]0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]77.7[/TD] [TD=align: center]Passing Success[/TD] [TD=align: center]80.4[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]22[/TD] [TD=align: center]Tackles[/TD] [TD=align: center]22[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]77.3[/TD] [TD=align: center]Tackles Success[/TD] [TD=align: center]54.5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]49.7[/TD] [TD=align: center]Possession[/TD] [TD=align: center]50.3[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]52.5[/TD] [TD=align: center]Territorial Advantage[/TD] [TD=align: center]47.5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]399[/TD] [TD=align: center]Total Passes[/TD] [TD=align: center]403[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]25[/TD] [TD=align: center]Total Crosses[/TD] [TD=align: center]19[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]165[/TD] [TD=align: center]Lost Balls[/TD] [TD=align: center]162[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]65[/TD] [TD=align: center]Recoveries[/TD] [TD=align: center]47[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]48.3[/TD] [TD=align: center]1st Half Poss.[/TD] [TD=align: center]51.7[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]51.1[/TD] [TD=align: center]2nd Half Poss.[/TD] [TD=align: center]48.9[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

:lol Well if you could find me an official stat showing Everton had 72% possesion in the first half would be very surprised as we hadmore possesion in the game overall (check the usual reputable sources like Sky Sports and BBC if you dont beleive me) and if that is so would have had to have upwards of 73% possesion in the 2nd half wouldnt it.... Everton did have alot of shots but most of them didnt even make the goal as they were blocked by Spurs defenders. I agree that Mirallas was good but Dembele was streets ahead of most of the players on that field. Dempseys goal was a deflection but so what? it wasnt an own goal as it was on target and for all you know it could have gone in anyway. The substitutions were poor by AVB like i said. I can understand Huddlestone who can keep possesion well but bringing Falque on was pointless. Out of interest who do you support?
TRANMERE... You are looking thru SPURS eyes... WATCH again tonight,,Youll see im right,,,cany argue with a biased supporter... BTW You are VERY VERY plain without BALE,,,that is something AVB needs to address.

[TABLE=class: arttable' date=' width: 100%"] [TR] [TD=class: arttablehdr] From SkySports: Everton [/TD] [TD=class: arttablehdr, align: center] Team Statistics [/TD] [TD=class: arttablehdr, align: center] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 2 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Goals [/TD] [TD=align: center] 1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] [/TD] [TD=align: center] 1st Half Goals [/TD] [TD=align: center] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 4 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Shots on Target [/TD] [TD=align: center] 5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 9 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Shots off Target [/TD] [TD=align: center] 1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 7 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Blocked Shots [/TD] [TD=align: center] 6 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 4 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Corners [/TD] [TD=align: center] 5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 12 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Fouls [/TD] [TD=align: center] 11 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 4 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Offsides [/TD] [TD=align: center] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 3 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Yellow Cards [/TD] [TD=align: center] 2 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] [/TD] [TD=align: center] Red Cards [/TD] [TD=align: center] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 77.7 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Passing Success [/TD] [TD=align: center] 80.4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 22 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Tackles [/TD] [TD=align: center] 22 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 77.3 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Tackles Success [/TD] [TD=align: center] 54.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 49.7 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Possession [/TD] [TD=align: center] 50.3 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 52.5 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Territorial Advantage [/TD] [TD=align: center] 47.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 399 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Total Passes [/TD] [TD=align: center] 403 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 25 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Total Crosses [/TD] [TD=align: center] 19 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 165 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Lost Balls [/TD] [TD=align: center] 162 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 65 [/TD] [TD=align: center] Recoveries [/TD] [TD=align: center] 47 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 48.3 [/TD] [TD=align: center] 1st Half Poss. [/TD] [TD=align: center] 51.7 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 51.1 [/TD] [TD=align: center] 2nd Half Poss. [/TD] [TD=align: center] 48.9 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
So you get the final stats from SKY.... I will bet you what you like,,,on the highlites tonight...IT WILL BE ALL EFC,,,,HOW MANY SHOTS FROM OPEN PLAY?,,and how many FREE kicks..

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Yes i got the final stats from Sky and you are way out :lol Of course i am looking at this game from the perspective of a spurs supporter, but its not as if i have come on here and said we deserved to win - we didnt. But for you to keep going on about how Everton "dominated" is ludicrous. By the way you keep going on about number of shots - it doesnt decide the outcome of a game. And the fact is we had more shot on target than Everton. And having more free-kicks just means we conceded more fouls lol

Yes i got the final stats from Sky and you are way out :lol Of course i am looking at this game from the perspective of a spurs supporter, but its not as if i have come on here and said we deserved to win - we didnt. But for you to keep going on about how Everton "dominated" is ludicrous. By the way you keep going on about number of shots - it doesnt decide the outcome of a game. And the fact is we had more shot on target than Everton. And having more free-kicks just means we conceded more fouls lol
You are BIASED, end of, You are poor without bale,,end of,,Your manager is clueless,,end of,, AND YOU WERE WITHOUT QUESTION DOMINATED TODAY... Ill let you have the last word, Im not posting again on this thread.... Whats worse than a STOKE CITY biasesd supporter....answer...A SPURS ONE...

You are BIASED, end of, You are poor without bale,,end of,,Your manager is clueless,,end of,, AND YOU WERE WITHOUT QUESTION DOMINATED TODAY... Ill let you have the last word, Im not posting again on this thread.... Whats worse than a STOKE CITY biasesd supporter....answer...A SPURS ONE...
No!! A biased Man U supporter is by far the worst!! On the very rare occasions they lose there is always an excuse!! We made Bale....!! And Ox, and Theo.... I could go on!! I'm bias - with good reason!!! Why was I posting.... Oh yeah - don't even remember who posted it but u can in no way draw conclusions from an edited highlights package!!! I've been to games (foreign concept for most ;) ) and then returned home for MOTD and been presented with a completely different slant on what actually happened for 90 minutes!!! GL to u both!

I think that you are the one that has issues with bias :zzz After all you thought Everton had 72% possesion in the first half :rollin thats much funnier than your joke

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December For all those(including LODGE) who want to watch the game,,to show how DOMINATIED spurs were in the first half...And how it would have been a travisty for EFC to lose...Including penalties. SKY SPORTS 2..10.15PM,,Hit the red button. Choose the game.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Had a mixed bag weekend but showed a very nice profit (about time). My two main bets were BTTS Everton/Spurs and BTTS Man City/United. Was dead and buried in the Everton game. After 65 minutes I could'nt watch anymore:hope Lost a bet on Sociedad v Getafe NO BTTS (0-0 in the 87th minute), and lost one on Crystal Palace (conceded a 92 minute equaliser) so nice to see a 90 minute goal here.