** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Tottenham Hotspur (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.79 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December To me there is nothing between these teams. My first instinct was the draw. Everton have drawn 8 games this season, leading the league in this area. Tough to beat, but maybe don't win when they should .... Everton have drawn 3 of their last 4, keeing 1 cleansheet the whole season at home. They have scored a goal in every home game. Tottenham have a similar record away, scoring in every game (7 games ) and keeping 1 clean sheet as well. These are teams that are scoring , and not defending fantastically well. BTTS 1.67 looks very good. half time (draw) and full time (draw) 9/2 bet365. If you are going for a draw in the game this is a better option. Neil.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December I take take your points, However, Crucial to this game, Is 1. Spurs play on Thursday, 2. 80/20 to be without Bale. Also if you look close at the drawn games, There is only 1 were everton were fortunate, in all the others, Lady Luck was against them, even Man City. That Luck has to change, Also DM may have an almost full squad to chose from(apart from PN), he has not had this luxury since Man utd. If ever there was a great price for a Home win its this week, I would keep my powder dry until at least Saturday.. If Bale is out, and Mirreles is in for EFC, it will be a MAX home win for me, at the best odds I can get.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says he is hopeful injured winger Gareth Bale will only miss one Premier League game. The Welshman limped off during Saturday's victory at Fulham and will miss this weekend's fixture at Goodison Park but could be back to face Swansea on December 16. Villas-Boas said: "He will not make Everton but could be back for next weekend. But I have other options and I have excellent players." Midfielder Scott Parker - who has yet to play this season - and full-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto may also be back in the squad for the Swansea match. Villas-Boas said: "It is ever so close for them. Maybe not this week, but maybe next Sunday against Swansea. However, they have both been out for some time, so we have to be sensible with the situation. "Parker is an amazing player and it is a big boost for us. He is an exceptional player and it means more competition for places. We haven't been able to rest as much as we wanted, so the more options the better for me. More headaches for the manager but we are very grateful to see him back. "He is focused on getting back and that is his big motivation at the moment. He wants to be part of the team and I'm sure he will be part of the team. It is not even a consideration."

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Everton look too short to me in this one around Evens at Pinnacle while Spurs are tipping 4.00 at the minute. Something is not right there. Bale misses this one so I'm guessing that's the main cause for those odds, but even so, I wouldn't say there's much between the sides with Bale out. Everton's results have noticeably dipped recently, still playing quite well but very wasteful side and I don#t think they will be able to maintain a high level all season. Spurs have found a bit of form, the loss of Bale hinders that somewhat but I#d have them no higher than 3.00 here so right now I'd say value on Spurs to get a point/positive result.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December As a spurs fan, and although bale is a huge loss he is not our most important player. Dembele is the player who pulls the string for our team and i think him alongside sandro can keep fellani quite. Although i wont be betting im very confident we can get atleast a point against a everton team dont finish games off. Also worth noting Adebayor will be avaliable for the game .

I think the loss of Bale significantly weakens Spurs IMO. He's the one player you look at this season that can really create something out of nothing. He wasn't involved against City and Spurs never looked like winning. Even when they went a goal up City just battered them. So for me I can understand the movement in price, and I think because of his absence we may see more of an under'ish sort of game here. Two very evenly matched sides. I can't see Spurs being as threatening going forward, and Everton will have to address their defensive issues as the season progresses. Dembele is a great player for sure but Bale is a huge loss. I can't see how there is any way to argue against that.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Adebayor is abck and I think he looks great lately. He egts much criticised but he works hard and is dangerous. Defoe looks also like could score anytime. Bale out is a huge blow and Im now thinking about the huge btts and over 2,5 goals bet I wanted to take. I think somehow that AVB will opt with the two striker Defoe and Adebayor option which he already did at arsenal where it looked great until the adebayor red card. But that would mean dempsey is out. Still Tottenham is shaping up atm. Dembele and Sandro is a BOSS midfield that can control any match. I think this will be a great fast match. Normally over 2,5 goals, BTTS and Tottenham X2 but with Bale out I'm thinking twice. Its like betting on Barca without Messi. But thena gain they have some options. Defoe or Adebayor more on the wing. Adebayor drops very often deep. Siggurdson in another option. More info needed.. Tottenham will for sure trouble Everton which looks too dependent on Fellaini performing. The odds on Tottenham look very tasty.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Like the BTTS wager ... Spurs seem to have a 15 -20 minute lapse in every game where they don't seem to play well and allow the other team to dominate play . Ev should be able to find the back of Spurs net. Ade , Defoe and Dempsey should be able to find at least one Goal for Spurs . Also believe the Over 2.5 is doable . But definitely 1-1 at some point .

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December

Adebayor is abck and I think he looks great lately. He egts much criticised but he works hard and is dangerous. Defoe looks also like could score anytime. Bale out is a huge blow and Im now thinking about the huge btts and over 2,5 goals bet I wanted to take. I think somehow that AVB will opt with the two striker Defoe and Adebayor option which he already did at arsenal where it looked great until the adebayor red card. But that would mean dempsey is out. Still Tottenham is shaping up atm. Dembele and Sandro is a BOSS midfield that can control any match. I think this will be a great fast match. Normally over 2,5 goals, BTTS and Tottenham X2 but with Bale out I'm thinking twice. Its like betting on Barca without Messi. But thena gain they have some options. Defoe or Adebayor more on the wing. Adebayor drops very often deep. Siggurdson in another option. More info needed.. Tottenham will for sure trouble Everton which looks too dependent on Fellaini performing. The odds on Tottenham look very tasty.
Last 5 years when spurs were flying high,,,and EFC were in the doldrums, Spurs still could not win at Goodison. It looks like EFC will name a unchanged side, that drew away with MAN CITY(yes them), and a real possiblity Kevin M will be on the subs bench. As i said before EFC are due to give someone a pounding, and if he plays(avb) 2 up front, EFC 5 man midfield will run riot. Over 2.5 goals I 100% agree with, but a spurs win...Id think again... To quote Harry Redknap...Goodison Park is the most intimidating place to come if you fancy yourself as a top club... Aint no easy points at goodison,,,Ask Man u, Man c, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal....None have won on their last visits.

Last 5 years when spurs were flying high,,,and EFC were in the doldrums, Spurs still could not win at Goodison. It looks like EFC will name a unchanged side, that drew away with MAN CITY(yes them), and a real possiblity Kevin M will be on the subs bench. As i said before EFC are due to give someone a pounding, and if he plays(avb) 2 up front, EFC 5 man midfield will run riot. Over 2.5 goals I 100% agree with, but a spurs win...Id think again... To quote Harry Redknap...Goodison Park is the most intimidating place to come if you fancy yourself as a top club... Aint no easy points at goodison,,,Ask Man u, Man c, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal....None have won on their last visits.
yeah you are right. But the one time they will loose I fancy to take 3,7 odds rather then 2,x ;) Everton conceeding msot games and only Fellaini scoring reguarly will be punished one time. Mirallas was in very good form but I doubt he will be 100% in form coming back from a lengthy off. I probably wont take it cause Bale is out. But basicly Tottenham has what it takes to beat everton with their fast pacy wingers.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Everton -1 corner on the AH 1.85@SBO This is not the first time I've backed Everton on corners this season as they've done well in creating chances / winning corner match bets. Bale's likely replacement Sigurdsson should decrease Tottenham's corner chances by getting to by-line and deep area's less often.

Adebayor is abck and I think he looks great lately. He egts much criticised but he works hard and is dangerous. Defoe looks also like could score anytime. Bale out is a huge blow and Im now thinking about the huge btts and over 2,5 goals bet I wanted to take. I think somehow that AVB will opt with the two striker Defoe and Adebayor option which he already did at arsenal where it looked great until the adebayor red card. But that would mean dempsey is out. Still Tottenham is shaping up atm. Dembele and Sandro is a BOSS midfield that can control any match. I think this will be a great fast match. Normally over 2,5 goals, BTTS and Tottenham X2 but with Bale out I'm thinking twice. Its like betting on Barca without Messi. But thena gain they have some options. Defoe or Adebayor more on the wing. Adebayor drops very often deep. Siggurdson in another option. More info needed.. Tottenham will for sure trouble Everton which looks too dependent on Fellaini performing. The odds on Tottenham look very tasty.
Dempsey will likely start on the left with Adebayor and Defoe up front.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December I think Everton are a bit short and Tottenham a bit big here. IMO, i think the odds should be Everton 6/4 Draw 9/4 and Tottenham 2/1. Everton may have only lost 2 out of their last 24 premier league games and be unbeaten in 11 home premier league games but they have drawn 7 out of their last 9 games. Everton started the first 6 games very well but lately they have been dominating games but not going on to get the three points. They got a great point at City last week to be fair and are a very difficult team to beat. However, Everton have only actually won 5 out of their 15 premier league games this season and only won 3 out of 7 at home. These stats suggest to me that they are a bit too short at Evens. Tottenham are in great form with 4 wins on the bounce in all competitions and especially Defoe has been on fire and Dempsey is gradually improving now as well. We are unbeaten whenever Dembele has started and he is such a vital player for us and i think he along with Sandro can give Everton a real battle in the middle of the park tomorrow. Admittedly Bale is a big miss for us and i think AVB will play Dempsey on the left in his place. Our likely line-up will be: Lloris, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Dempsey, Adebayor, Defoe. Although we played on Thursday and fatigue could be an issue i still think that Everton are too short at even money and although i'm not convinced we will win as Goodison Park is a very tough place to go for top teams so i think there is certainly value on the Draw. Another factor to consider is head to head record and in the premier league games between Everton and Spurs at Goodison Park the results are: Everton 4 wins, 9 draws and Tottenham 7 wins. Games between Everton and Tottenham are always close and i expect tomorrow to be the same. Draw 3.7 @ Betfair - I definitely think there is value on the draw here. As i said games between Everton and Tottenham tend to be close as shown by results: Everton 47 wins, 47 Draws and 55 Tottenham wins as well as the fact that 3 out of the last 5 games between the two at Goodison Park have ended in a draw. Both sides will be confident going into this game with 4 wins in a row for Tottenham and Everton's 11 game unbeaten home record and they got an excellent point at City last week. I think this will be a highly entertaining game and a price of 3.7 on the draw suggests that a draw would occur 27% of the time which is a bit low IMO. BTTS 1.69 @ Betfair - I am relatively confident about BTTS tomorrow despite Bale missing for Spurs. Spurs still have great attacking options with Lennon, Dempsey, Adebayor and Defoe and as do Everton with Fellaini, Jelavic, Naismith and Pienaar and i think it will be tough for either side to keep a clean sheet. Correct Score: Everton 2-2 Tottenham 15.5 @ Betfair - I think we will see goals tomorrow particularly if AVB plays both Adebayor and Defoe up front as it will give us greater attacking threat but a bit less protection as well. Both sides will go for the win and i don't think there is much between these teams and odds of just over 14/1 for a 2-2 look appealing to me. Defoe to score anytime 3.35 @ Betfair - I think 3.35 looks a little big for Defoe to get on the scoresheet tomorrow. The little man has been on fire and is oozing confidence atm, he has scored 13 goals in 21 appearances in all competitions for Spurs this season and 8 goals in his last 8 appearances. Odds of 3.35 suggest that he has a 30% chance of scoring tomorrow which is a little low in comparison to his goalscoring record, so i'll place smallish stakes on him to score anytime tomorrow. Scorecast: Defoe to score first and 2-2 94/1 @ Betfair - I'll put a few quid on a longshot here. Admittedly, its unlikely to come in but some reasoning is that Defoe has been in great form this season and looks very sharp and i think it will be an open game tomorrow between two pretty evenly matched sides so 2-2 seems like a fairly likely score IMO.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December Draw @ 3.68 Everton have drawn 7 of their last 9 EPL games as well as 4 of their last 6 games at home, and meet a Spurs side which has won their last 3 games but have 2 wins and 2 losses in their last 4 away games in the EPL. However without Bale, they may have problems getting the win here, as he has stood out to be their best player. The concern for Everton is that they have been conceding goals but Spurs too have only one clean sheet in their away games this season, so at first glance, this game looks like it may have goals in it, but believe these two sides are pretty even and can see them sharing the points here. Also they have drawn 3 of their last 5 meetings at Goodison Park

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December I would lay the draw but to do so would be adopting the strategical thinking which dooms the Martindale system to failure. Everton won't draw all their remaining games this season and with 7 out of 9 draws then, to me, it seems likely that this run will come to an end sooner rather than later. I think that there will be a win to either side in this fixture today.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December I fancy Everton here a little bit more than Tottenham. Cuz they have Felaini in form and we all know he can score to any team in league. Their defence look solid too. I dont rate Tottenham better than Arsenal and they took draw here.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December I wont be betting on this with Spurs being my club but i'm really surprised how big we are. I honestly dont think the fact that Bale is out means that Everton are an odds on shot. It could play into our favour that he doesnt play as it allows Ade and Defoe to start up front which certainly means we will be more attacking. We still have plenty of pace in our side and Dembele and Sandro could run the show in Midfield if keepeing Fellaini quiet. The one thing i am concerned about is our defence without Dawson, he is twice the player of Gallas, infact i fail to remember a time where we kept a clean sheet with Gallas playing lol

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December HALF TIME Watching this EFC should be 5-0 up,,,TWO nailed on penalties not give,,,,SPURS ARE LOST N RUBBISH WITHOUT BALE... 100 points on EFC at half time,,,THEY WILL WIN THIS,,,,Donination is an under statement... the 11/8,...5/4 For efc is nailed on,,I advise everyone to take this,,it is 100% certain.

Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 9th December DESERVED IT..OMG,,deflected OG for spurs,,,,4 shots EFC....18 shots 2 deserved pens....what the ref was on I dont know... EFC in a total false position. Kevin M,,is world class, goes off again at half time,,injured again,,, WHEN HE IS PLAYING N FIT,,EFC have to be backed, IM HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY