Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Manchester United (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Man Utd win: 9/4 with Betvictor It's funny how some records tend to fall to major rivals... * 1987/88: LFC's joint league record (at the time) of unbeaten start to the season was ended by major rivals Everton. * March 2004 - October 2008: Chelsea's 86-match unbeaten run of home matches went down to LFC - 2 teams whose itense rivalry and mutual dislike had grown due to lots of cup matches (in particular in Champions League) * 2003/04: Arsenal's Invincibles came unstuck against Man United - 2 teams who dominated the title races for majority of previous 6-7 years and as such had an intense rivalry. Okay, City's current unbeaten run at home isn't a league high just yet (and they have some way to go to match it) but it is far and away a club record and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it fall to their city (and title) rivals. Added to this historic twist is the fact neither team has been majorly convincing despite their dominant positions in the league. When I say that, I mean in terms of not playing to their full potential. City have the better defense but United have more goals in them and they are still hurting from the last day of last season (Ferguson is the master of keeping those around him hungry). Also, City have yet to face a strike force of RVP/Rooney/Hernandez so far.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December I think the price is about right when you consider the defensive display of last night, if we give away goals like that Man City will not be letting United score 4 against them. Man city have looked a bit disjointed at times going forward though, im not sure Mancini has figured how how best to utilise either Dzeko or Ballotelli but both these players height and strength could cause united a lot of problems, but cant see them leaving Tevez on the bench as he generally plays well against us. On paper this looks like it has got a lot of goals in it but city look a bit tighter at the back than united at the minute and we have seen united struggle to score goals at times such as the Norwich game and 89 mins v west ham. Cant see city losing here. Man City + 0.5 AH - cant find a price on it just yet.

Horrible game to bet on IMO. I'm sure they'll be an angle, but neither side are really setting the league slight at the minute. So it's hard to know really which way it'll go. I have an inkling both mangers will aim to play it tight as they're so close together at this stage of the season. So although both defences have been dire this season, the meaning of this game may mean neither side willing to give much away.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Head to head record in this fixture (at the Ettihad Stadium) last 5 league games: City won 2 Drawn 1 United won 2 http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2012/12/09/england/premier-league/manchester-city-football-club/manchester-united-fc/1293835/head2head/ I find when two top of the table clubs play each other it's often the one that needs the points most that wins. In this case, City need the points most as they are three points behind United, so that suggests to me it will be a City win or draw.

Horrible game to bet on IMO. I'm sure they'll be an angle' date=' but neither side are really setting the league slight at the minute. So it's hard to know really which way it'll go. I have an inkling both mangers will aim to play it tight as they're so close together at this stage of the season. So although both defences have been dire this season, the meaning of this game may mean neither side willing to give much away.[/quote'] Both defences have been dire ? I think you might have city mixed up with Southampton maybe ? They have conceded only 11 goals which is the lowest in the league mind you. I actually think the opposite is true that man city have been dire up front. Stale and blunt in fact. Aguero and hulk might have a nice ring to it in the new year.

Both defences have been dire ? I think you might have city mixed up with Southampton maybe ? They have conceded only 11 goals which is the lowest in the league mind you. I actually think the opposite is true that man city have been dire up front. Stale and blunt in fact. Aguero and hulk might have a nice ring to it in the new year.
But if you look earlier in the season they conceded eight in their first six, and I think it's fair to say they've not looked as solid this season as last. Both domestically and in Europe.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December I fancy the unders here. Call me crazy but both of them don't want to lose. Ferguson is wary of his defence and will probably play a tighter defence with van Persie up front on his own with 5 midfielders including Rooney. City don't look to well up front as they weren't great against Everton and extremely poor against Dortmund.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December For this game I am selecting Man Utd to score first @2.10 (StanJames) Man Utd have often conceded first this season, but in a lot of the tough/big games they have scored first and were out of the blocks fast- Chelsea away, Arsenal at home, Newcastle away. They haven't really faced a big team in the Champions League yet. I think Man Utd will go for the throat from the start, I think the players and fans still feel the pain of the 2 derby defeats last season, particularly the 1-6 at OT, and also the way they lost the league to that last gasp Aguero goal. I am also staking a smaller amount on Y. Toure last goalscorer @ 11.00 (StanJames). As explained above, I think there is a decent chance Man Utd will be leading going into the later stages of the match and Toure will inevitably be pushed forward. He has a record of scoring in big games.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December there are only two options to consider here and they are either a draw or home win because man city haven't lost at their home turf for ages and i don't see that turning against man utd. the only team likely to concede and lose is man utd with their defensive frailties.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December

Head to head record in this fixture (at the Ettihad Stadium) last 5 league games: City won 2 Drawn 1 United won 2 http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2012/12/09/england/premier-league/manchester-city-football-club/manchester-united-fc/1293835/head2head/ .
I hate their head2head as they put in all the other competitions which can be meaningless. Teams play a second string, or don't need to win. Gotta sort through all the crap to find the league results. This one is better http://www.soccer-betbrain.com/head-to-head-soccer-matchups The games have been damn close, but United's defence is so bad, that you figure City will definitely score. Cannot see it finishing without both teams scoring. Odds are not fantastic but I am prepared to take the bet. 4/7 on bet365 for BTTS 5 units Neil.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Man City vs Man United UNDER 3 GOALS AH @ 1.70 (Bet365:4pts) Stake returned if there are 3 goals, 4 goals minimum loses the bet for me. I'll play that without question. On the face of it, you'd think goals are in order here, United's attack tends to score fairly freely while their defence has been shaky all season. City obviously have alot going forward too and their defence has looked a level below that of last season with Kompany and Hart making more error than expected.However I think it will be a tight match with City looking the better side. I can see Van Persie struggling against City's centre-halves as he did last season for us in both matches. City have the edge in midfield for sure, United will surely look to get an extra body in there and start Rooney from a deeper/wide position to congest that area. Teams have been walking through United's midfield all season and Fergie will surely be aware of the need to set up in a tough manner here as City destroyed them in that area in the big match last season. I'll say City win or low scoring draw, but I have a good feeling for City winning this. Looks a favourable match-up to me.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Manchester City-Manchester United AH-0.25 @1.95 5/10 Ladbrokes Man City are nothing special in the league like Man Utd. Both are on top of the league but neither playing their full potential so far as both are like showing just 80% of their potential. United concede to much and City don't score that match. I expect this one to be very tight but City to win 1-0. They have the better midfielders. Anderson will miss this one for United and that is a huge blow as he was brilliant since he returned. But unfortunately, he was injured against Reading and will miss this one. Cleverley is also likely to miss this one as he was substituted against Cluj before half time. Vidic won't be risked although he is back in training. Midfield looks poor with Scholes, Giggs and Fletcher being able to play there, maybe Rooney as well. Given the home advantage, City should take the three points here. Both have some missings but United's are the heavier one's. 1-0 here GL

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December This match is a battle for the top stop and I have seen from experience that in such games, the best bets are on corner kicks. I have benefitted from this and I expect a lots of corner kicks. However, this may not be too reliable here becauseof man utd defensive approach to this match sitting comfortably on top. I will advise all men to bet on Man City to get more corner kicks. I dont have the quotes now but i expect it to be about 1.65

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Man u look to weak. They score cause of their quality but their midfield is horrible for man u standards. Too slow. They need valencia and kagawa and a top form young. Their defense is unstable. They have big problems on the wings Man u is waiting for players to come back. Vidic and the wingers. Rooney is awfull in midfield role. he needs to bully defenses upfront and drop deep occasionaly. Man u is on top of the league cause many premier league teams are just too poor right now or have bad team chemistry. Man U is bound to be beaten at least once next time by a quality team. they didnt get tested much until now by strong opponents with big offensive potential. Van persie as I could see just scored once vs City in the past years.. while Man city looked sluggish at the start of the season they considerably tightened up and I expect them to do that vs. man u even more. Tough Man city looks always as they are 9 individuals. I like the nastaic kompany partnership -GREAT. But then again Man city is known to up the stakes vs. man u and they are expected to have one of their best games the season and with the current team man u plays I can see them beating them. Both teams have enough potential upfront to destroy any under bet so I rather risk that on teams with good defense form and bad strikers. I think its suicide betting on any under whith man u defensive frailties while beeing still able to score one vs city. latest news is that silva will probably play which is a big + for city. This game has a big chance of X as this would be a good result for Man u leading city already by 3 points. I probably play City to win and City to beat the hc -1 while covering that for a % with the 1:1 CS and City not to loose. I think that can turn out profitable.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December U 2.75 goals 1.97@SBO All the recent encounters at the Ethiad have gone under 1.5 goals and I think the line for unders is too high for what could be a slow paced cautious game. City are far from in full flowing scoring form and have an unsettled front line. United are without their 3 most dynamic midfielders Kagawa, Anderson and Cleverley. A likely midfield 3 of Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher will kill the pace of United's play.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December First goalscorer: Van Persie 11/2 with Paddypower (refund if losing bet and RVP scores anytime) A thought that keeps nagging away at me for this one is that this is exactly the sort of game RVP was signed for! Okay, at £24M he's still a bargain and was bought for his goals all season, but I definately think these are the games where RVP will be United's major improvement from last season (it certainly isn't the defence!) I expect Ferguson to pack the midfield a bit to cut off the supply to City's forwards, leaving RVP as the main contender to the convert the chances that come their way. Looking at the entries above I'm in the minority in expecting a United win which suits me as the odds have gone out further so might have another nibble but on the handicaps?

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December 4pts Man City to beat Man Utd 13/10 William Hill This match could well come down to how well United defend. If they have a good day defensively they will give themselves a chance but they haven’t had too many of those this season and that is a major concern. The counter side to that is City have rarely looked completely fluent going forward this season but the way United are defending I back the City forwards over the United defence. Given the openness of the United defence and the quality of their attack this looks like it will be another high scoring derby but one for me which the home side will win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-man-utd-betting-the-blue-half-of-manchester-can-be-the-ones-celebrating-on-sunday

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December

Horrible game to bet on IMO. I'm sure they'll be an angle' date=' but neither side are really setting the league slight at the minute. So it's hard to know really which way it'll go. I have an inkling both mangers will aim to play it tight as they're so close together at this stage of the season. So although both defences have been dire this season, the meaning of this game may mean neither side willing to give much away.[/quote'] Your point on defences is very accurate to me and it gives me the angle i want to lose some money on this. I mean considering your point + the attacking power both teams have i ll go over 3,5 goals. I agree also yjay managers would aim on playing it tightly but i guess any 1rst goal will set this match on fire.If this goal is before 60', then my bet will have good chances. So over 3,5 @ 2,80 in sporting bet with 4/10

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December MAN CITY vs. MAN UNITED The biggest game of the Premier League so far this season with the winner no doubt becoming the favourite for the title. City, despite their Euro worries, are still unbeaten in the PL. At home they have dropped points to Arsenal and Everton in draws but have won all the others. The last time they lost at home in the league was December 2010 to Everton. United may be perceived to be having an ordinary start to the season but they have dropped just 9 points all season. Spurs, Norwich and Everton have all beaten United but they have won all their other league games and have not drawn all season in the league. United have had their struggles on the road in the league of late, as well as the loss at Norwich they also trailed to both Villa and Reading and needed big comebacks to win those games by a single goal. The surprising thing about this fixture is the lack of goals, there have been just 5 goals in the last 6 games at the Etihad. A tough game to call but with the great City league record they have to be the call, United could have lost their last 3 league away games and they do seem vulnerable at the back. City have not been firing of late but the elimination in mid-week of their Euro hopes may well concentrate minds, take the blue side to pinch the spoils. MAN CITY to win @ 2.3 BetVictor UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.2 SkyBet

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Man City shots on target 6 or more @2.10 with betvictor Last season Man City only once at home failed to register fewer shots on target than 6 - in title decider against Man Utd, so under different circumstances. In 18 other home games they beat that line. This season only against Swansea, in a game that I think they underestimated their opponents a bit and got 3 points thanks to a piece of skill from Tevez. As for Man Utd, it's common knowledge they underperform defensively. From 8 games they played away this season, only Norwich and Newcastle failed to produce at leat 6 shots on target against them, but I think City's offensive potential cant be compared to these. I expect a fairly open game, and I think that we will see some goals as well. It's still early in the season and therefore - I hope - both teams will play an entertaining encounter.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Van Persie to score anytime @6/4 (PaddyPower) (are u freaking kidding me?) Even when we play Barcelona Van Persie odds to score anytime don't suppose to be bigger then Evens. Van Persie to score 2 or more goals @ 9/1 (PaddyPower) Come on Red Devils, make us proud !!!

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Its all been said, but I'm in the Unders crowd, specifically Under 3 @ ~1.71 (various). Mancini has shown that he is perfectly happy taking a draw against the top sides. But more than that this year's City is playing not to lose games. Added to this, even if City wanted to go full on at ManU, I don't think their is any chemistry or cohesion this year for them to just "turn it on". ManU has all the problems mentioned by others (sh*t midfield, terrible defense, etc), but I can see them edging City here. For some reason, despite all their problems, they know how to pull victories out of old Ferguson's ass. For me, its either draw or narrow ManU win.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Man City @ 2.30 sportsbet Last six EPL games at Man City between the two sides in the EPL has seen no more than one goal scored in this game, but can see this game with goals in it. Both sides have quality up front, but in defence, City look the better of the two sides as they have conceded just 11 goals compared to 21 by United. At home, City have three clean sheets in their last give home games and allowed just one goal each in the other two home games, while they have scored twelve goals in these last five home games. United have won 4-3 at Reading, lost 1-0 at Norwich, and won 3-2 at Aston Villa and Chelsea, so while they have been winning and scoring goals, the concern is the goals they have allowed. They face the best defence in the league who will make it hard for them to score, while up front, Aguero, Tevez and Silva will cause them problems, as Evans is inconsistent, Ferdinand is not as good as he used to be, while both Evra and Da Silva, like to go forward and they leave space behind for the counter. Also, like the City midfield to dominate, as this is one area where United have not been able to regain the strength they used to have there 41-79 (-24.70)