Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December

Aidymac

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Man united will be punished one time for their slow and old midfield lacking any speed. Without Anderson they look very poor in midfield. This midfield would have been great 2008 but not so much today. Machester city is gaining traction in my opinion. They were very loose at the start of the season. The different parts now start to fit in. Their CL season I wouldnt overrate, they saw not much possibilities after loosing vs. real 2-3 and drawing bvb. The midfield with Barry and Toure has now some games under their belt this season while the defense with Kompany and Nastasic looks great and in good shape. I think City has what it takes to stop Man U from creating too many chances. Uniteds playing style is to tire the opposition in midfield with endless passing, killing them off with their strikers at some point, and this wont work vs. City. United had problems vs. fast pacy wingers who can cut in this season and this is exactly what City posseses. For city it is much easier to play vs. an opponent that doesnt sit back the whole game. their sometimes lackluster motivation wont have an effect here as well as this is now their most important game of the season and they up the ante everytime they face United.. We often saw how van persie and the strikers were cut out from the game cause Man united couldnt break through the midfield or the wings. Young hasnt a great season at all and Valencia as Nani are injured. As cleverly is out. Welbeck is in my opinion totally out of form and too much depends on van persie delivering. Sure he can but this will be probably his hardest game. United look short on options and they rely at the moment on players that seem past their prime. Most prem league outfits are too weak to get away with a win but teams like tottenham and City can hurt them very much. Lets face it United wasnt tested by a top in form team this seasona t all. chelsea shoot themselves in the foot with 2 dumb red cards and Tottenham beat them at old trafford. Silva seems to be fit and I think it was just some mind games that he might not play. The city forwards will press the Manu slow build up more then any other team in premier league and we saw it numerous times how scholes isnt that fast anymore. City is able to trash united. City hc -1 @3,95 (local bookie) and cover my bet with City not to loose @ 1,3

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December The key in this game is the mindset of the coaches and the outcome that they will favor, that is winning at all cost or settling for a draw. I've just read an interview of Fergie where he reckons that both teams will be cautious in their approach but I would be willing to bet on a high scoring outcome. Taking into consideration that UTD'S defence have looked shambolic at times, I would think that Mancini will be keen on capitalizing on their frailties, as they are 3 pts behind and have only the league to concentrate on. They must seriously consider overtaking UTD in the next few weeks and to put the pressure on Utd who will have the CL to worry about next year. Utd themselves are no mugs upfront so it's over 2.5 for me.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Seems like it's the hardest one of the Bet365 matched bet in-play markets yet! I'm debating whether to go for over 0.5 goals for the starter bet. I would like then to place a bet in-play on Kompany to score next as I think he is one of the longer shots but has good odds. But I'm so wary that the game could go 0-0. Derby matches are hard to call, except for when it's my own team and I generally know which way it will go. As a Spurs fan I thought we would lose 5-1 v Arsenal earlier in the season and we lost 5-2 etc. So going to mull over whether 0.5 goals is the safest market to take or not for this bet. I want the safest bet that I can find as, like others, I'm trying to play clever in order to hopefully ensure that I have a free bet on the in-play market where I will go all out for a long shot.

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December manu central midfield looks weak. fergie saw tzey are too slow but cleverly is not experienced enough. ough valencia plays on the wing. balotelli is a surprise..maybe also for united.defense whixh expected the small guys city to win it they look much deeper on the bench too

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December

Its all been said' date=' but I'm in the Unders crowd, specifically [b']Under 3 @ ~1.71 (various). Mancini has shown that he is perfectly happy taking a draw against the top sides. But more than that this year's City is playing not to lose games. Added to this, even if City wanted to go full on at ManU, I don't think their is any chemistry or cohesion this year for them to just "turn it on". ManU has all the problems mentioned by others (sh*t midfield, terrible defense, etc), but I can see them edging City here. For some reason, despite all their problems, they know how to pull victories out of old Ferguson's ass. For me, its either draw or narrow ManU win.
Worried about Under now with this City line-up. Balotelli the MAN!

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December I took pre bet City to score >1,5 @1,83 this was the best value imo for the pre game. Uniteds defence and midfied is this year a joke. City can easily score 2 goals. Silva, Balotelli, Agüero and Nasri starting line-up, on bench Dzeko and Tevez. I think Rafael and Evans are not so strong for Balotelli and Agüero. City often gets a penalty. Maybe its a good live bet. Let's see

Manchester City-Manchester United AH-0.25 @1.95 5/10 Ladbrokes Man City are nothing special in the league like Man Utd. Both are on top of the league but neither playing their full potential so far as both are like showing just 80% of their potential. United concede to much and City don't score that match. I expect this one to be very tight but City to win 1-0. They have the better midfielders. Anderson will miss this one for United and that is a huge blow as he was brilliant since he returned. But unfortunately, he was injured against Reading and will miss this one. Cleverley is also likely to miss this one as he was substituted against Cluj before half time. Vidic won't be risked although he is back in training. Midfield looks poor with Scholes, Giggs and Fletcher being able to play there, maybe Rooney as well. Given the home advantage, City should take the three points here. Both have some missings but United's are the heavier one's. 1-0 here GL
happy with that lost bet:clap

mancini biggest retard in playing balotteli. even bigger retard me who doesnt react and lay bets on city. balotteli had one good game in two years and this was with italy
What a lovely choice of words... U can't beat a Man U victory to bring out the worst in people!! VP goal was financially great for me but I was still gutted!! :(

Man Utd win: 9/4 with Betvictor It's funny how some records tend to fall to major rivals... * 1987/88: LFC's joint league record (at the time) of unbeaten start to the season was ended by major rivals Everton. * March 2004 - October 2008: Chelsea's 86-match unbeaten run of home matches went down to LFC - 2 teams whose itense rivalry and mutual dislike had grown due to lots of cup matches (in particular in Champions League) * 2003/04: Arsenal's Invincibles came unstuck against Man United - 2 teams who dominated the title races for majority of previous 6-7 years and as such had an intense rivalry. Okay, City's current unbeaten run at home isn't a league high just yet (and they have some way to go to match it) but it is far and away a club record and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it fall to their city (and title) rivals. Added to this historic twist is the fact neither team has been majorly convincing despite their dominant positions in the league. When I say that, I mean in terms of not playing to their full potential. City have the better defense but United have more goals in them and they are still hurting from the last day of last season (Ferguson is the master of keeping those around him hungry). Also, City have yet to face a strike force of RVP/Rooney/Hernandez so far.
Good call :clap

Van Persie to score anytime @6/4 (PaddyPower) (are u freaking kidding me?) Even when we play Barcelona Van Persie odds to score anytime don't suppose to be bigger then Evens. Van Persie to score 2 or more goals @ 9/1 (PaddyPower) Come on Red Devils, make us proud !!!
One of the best match of the season and a great result. 6/4 for RVP to score at anytime was too big... too bad I didn't trust my instinct to have it in a double with El Shaarawy to score at anytime for Milan... next time !!! Well done to everyone who had United to win and overs. :beer:beer:beer

Re: Manchester City v Manchester United > Sun 9th December Indeed great match, as City didn't look well and were lucky to have drawn equal as their first goal came after a counter attack when United scored the 3-0 but was called off as the ref saw it as an offside. Credit to Fergie for a good system:clap