** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

Aidymac

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland)

Off-topic: Mates, this is Nigeria. Knowing the level of gang terror, hostility, fire-arm spread among civil population etc., I guess it is very likely that each away team and the referee might be subject to serious abuse if they put up too much of a fight. By the way, we got similar stats in Bulgarian Third Division, where most of the games are played in small towns and villages, with only several police officers present (if any), and the pressure and abuse aimed at referees and away players are quite significant.
I agree, but this (whilst obviously very wrong) is not the same as the game being thrown for money. Although that obviously happens as well, I wouldn't necessarily say the entire Nigerian league was fixed based on that table...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) In that table no team has won more than 2 away fixtures and no team has lost more than 2 home fixtures. Based on chance and probability and also taking into consideration the proportion of wins to draws for each team .... I would say see it as extremely suspicious beyond the effects of basic home advantage. Plus Nigeria is a poor country with many social problems... if they can scam big money from foreign bookies why wouldn't they jump at the chance? If I was in their shoes I would throw every game I was told to and live a comfortable life...makes sense.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) I would of thought the safest play here would be to lay Juventus. Shaktar are a superior side anyway, but if Juventus aren't even going to try... For two sides that score and concede, 3-3 @ 34 perhaps too?

I would of thought the safest play here would be to lay Juventus. Shaktar are a superior side anyway, but if Juventus aren't even going to try... For two sides that score and concede, 3-3 @ 34 perhaps too?
Big call to say that Shaktar are superior to juve. Any side that can go through a full serie a season unbeaten has to be top shelf. They were definitely slow starters in this group but I tell you what Barcelona , Bayern etc etc will be not wanting to meet Juventus in the knock out phase but they will want to play Shaktar.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Just a few more thoughts... I read a book called "A Season with Verona" (good book about Italian ultras and Italian football) in which the author says that it is believed that when an Italian team need a particular result their chairman will go and talk to the other team's chairman and ask for the game to be fixed. Obviously this is only if the other team has nothing to play for. In exchange, the team who needs a result will be in debt to the team who has done them a favour. From this debt they might get benefits such as first refusal for a player who wants to leave, a cheaper price on a player or they will be expected to perform a similar favour in future. Now this isn't hard evidence but it is apparently regarded as an open secret that such things happen in Italy. It's quite possible that a deal has been done but I would have no idea as to whether this is common in Ukraine or not. Even if no deal is done it could be a cagey game as neither team has real reason to attack. This would depend largely on how much Shaktar want that first place, which is up for debate. There is no doubt that it would be better than second, yes they could play Real Madrid but generally speaking they have a better chance of an easier draw if they finish top. Not only would they avoid the better teams they would get the advantage of the second leg being at home. Considering the fact that they are cruising in the domestic league you'd have to say that they would really fancy a long run in Europe, and the added prize money that would bring. This is more likely if they finished first in the group. If they were struggling domestically I think they maybe wouldn't mind getting a harder tie out of the way in the next round, but that isn't the case. They probably won't win the CL but could stand to gain a lot of prize money the further they get which will be of interest to their chairman. On the other hand they may not want to court further controversy after the Adriano incident. I have backed the draw and 0-0 but I think it is a judgement call.

I have to disagree with most of you predicting a draw between Juve and Shakhtar. Just to let you know, Abramovich and the owner of Shakhtar arr close friends and there are already rumours of a dinner between the two. If anything, Shakhtar will want to make a favor to Chelsea. My head says Shakhtar will win it but my heart is with Juventus. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have to disagree with most of you predicting a draw between Juve and Shakhtar. Just to let you know, Abramovich and the owner of Shakhtar arr close friends and there are already rumours of a dinner between the two. If anything, Shakhtar will want to make a favor to Chelsea. My head says Shakhtar will win it but my heart is with Juventus.
Very interesting

I have to disagree with most of you predicting a draw between Juve and Shakhtar. Just to let you know, Abramovich and the owner of Shakhtar arr close friends and there are already rumours of a dinner between the two. If anything, Shakhtar will want to make a favor to Chelsea. My head says Shakhtar will win it but my heart is with Juventus. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I see...regardless if this is true or not, if Shaktar risk attacking Juve too much they leave themselves dangerously exposed to Asamoah, Leicsteiner, Vidal and Giovinco flying back at them on the counter. Not to mention their strikers lurking around.... So I think this risk (losing 1st position) is greater than any desire to "make a favor to Chelsea" when we look at it objectively.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Serie A is substandard, imo anyway. I don't think they've had impressive results so far either, only just managing a draw in Copenhagen is particularly telling. Dortmund have surprised me and can make the semi's, but I think Juventus will come unstuck the first top side they play.

Big call to say that Shaktar are superior to juve. Any side that can go through a full serie a season unbeaten has to be top shelf. They were definitely slow starters in this group but I tell you what Barcelona ' date=' Bayern etc etc will be not wanting to meet Juventus in the knock out phase but they will want to play Shaktar.[/quote'] Was trying to reply to this post.

Serie A is substandard' date=' imo anyway. I don't think they've had impressive results so far either, only just managing a draw in Copenhagen is particularly telling. Dortmund have surprised me and can make the semi's, but I think Juventus will come unstuck the first top side they play.[/quote'] The draw in Copenhagen was unlucky. Juventus had like 30-40 shots on goal and conceded from a perfect free kick. That was the only real shot on target from the Danes. I can see from your post that you do not follow Serie A and in particular Juventus especially in the CHL. Juventus was superior to Chelsea in both legs and managed to draw against Shakhtar in one of the worst performances of this team in the last 2 years. Shakhtar, a team that I rate highly and could be the surprise package in the CHL this season but I also think that Juventus if they qualify from the group stages will be a hard opponent for every team out there especially the English clubs with their funny defending. I am really really surprised by the people posting around here who just go with the flow and label teams and leagues as poor or substandard just to go with the flow. Whilst the Serie A is not as popular as the EPL or La Liga you can not say that it is substandard. EPL will most probably have only two teams in the knockout stages, so does that mean that EPL is substandard besides the total defenseless football being played out there?

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) 4pts Chelsea (-2.5AH) to beat FC Nordsjaelland 19/20 BetVictor Chelsea haven’t really convinced under Rafael Benitez and you get the feeling he was under pressure from the second he took the job. The Blues will need to hope that the pressure from the stands doesn’t transfer onto the pitch and make this a harder night than it needs to be. Assuming it doesn’t then Chelsea should really have this match their own way and I would expect them to win and win pretty comfortably. Chelsea won 4-0 in Denmark earlier in the group and I’d expect similar here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-fc-nordsjaelland-betting-chelsea-can-end-their-champions-league-group-with-emphatic-win

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) i think juve is going for the win and so i see atleast one goal in them and shaktar whatever they are thinking they should really score too in front of their fans.Plus they have scored in all their fixtures so BTTS can also be considered.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Okore missing for chelsea.. last game vs. chelsea: [h=3]Jores Okore[/h] Bravely headed clear with Moses awaiting a tap-in in the opening minutes, picking up a head wound for his troubles but had a magnificent evening, defending with pace and power, while looking very comfortable on the ball. Unfortunate to be in a defence that conceded four and is one to look out for in the future. hc -2 @ 1,8 for chelsea. They will be happy to have a rather easy opponent to get some confidence back. With Okore misisng this could be easy prey for Chelsea.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea must win, Nordsjaelland is really poor, their best defender is out, Chelsea can win this game by at least 2 or 3 goals. Games with at least 3 goals FC Nordsjælland > 3 of 5 Chelsea FC > 5 of 5 Danish players don't play for defend, last game for them in this CL and probably they'll never play an another CL game so I think they'll play for to score and not to keep a clean sheet. I think this one will be an open game and we'll see some goals but be careful, it's Benitez... Over 3 @ 1.65 - 4/10

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) juventus @ 4.09 - 1 pt Is anyone else considering Juve at this quite large price. Not as knowledgable as most on here, but I do know that juve is one of the top sides in the world. Shaktar is a team that appears to be in great form, and also a squad that i'm a bit unfamiliar with. Actually, I'm waiting to hear some opinions of the other experts here, but when everybody say its going to be a draw, then usually we know whats going to happen and one side will take the match. Look forward to hear some comments fellas.

juventus @ 4.09 - 1 pt Is anyone else considering Juve at this quite large price. Not as knowledgable as most on here' date= but I do know that juve is one of the top sides in the world. Shaktar is a team that appears to be in great form, and also a squad that i'm a bit unfamiliar with. Actually, I'm waiting to hear some opinions of the other experts here, but when everybody say its going to be a draw, then usually we know whats going to happen and one side will take the match. Look forward to hear some comments fellas.
I wouldn't look at the name Juventus and assume they are better than Shakhtar as Shakhtar are much improved, and are probably equal to Juventus, if not slightly technically better.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) shaktar - juve both team through with a draw. both would be stupid to attack. there is no conspiracy. its just a matter of fact. With luiz adriano out draw gets even more %. then juve isnt that strong at the moment. Both teams are good holding ball. under 2,5 sounds good for me. shaktar cant attack juve all out. chelsea winning and shalzar 1:0 behind with juve defending.. i guess they fear that.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Chelsea -3 (EH) @ 3.10 sportsbet Obvious class difference between the two sides and Chelsea should win this easily. But expect them to make the most of this to ram home a few goals and look to shut up some of their critics who have criticised their recent displays. They beat them 4-0 in Denmark and believe that a similar scoreline will occur here

Chelsea -3 (EH) @ 3.10 sportsbet Obvious class difference between the two sides and Chelsea should win this easily. But expect them to make the most of this to ram home a few goals and look to shut up some of their critics who have criticised their recent displays. They beat them 4-0 in Denmark and believe that a similar scoreline will occur here
Under DiMatteo I would expect the Danes to get hammered, under Benitez I wouldn't be surprised if it ends 2-0. They have scored 1 goal in 3 games and West Ham certainly are no giants.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) If you reckon Shakhtar and Juventus will connive to produce a draw, low corners might be good value (on the basis that both teams will do limited attacking). Bet 365 are quoting 2.0 for under 9.0 Asian corners, which could be good value I supposed. I remember a Spanish league game about a year ago which finished 0-0 and there were no corners at all. I doubt if this match will have no corners, but it seems more likely to have a low number of corners (cue 3-3 draw and 25 corners ...).

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) MpLouis To bet corners when juve play is dangerous .they made over 10 almost every single game,if shahtor score first then juve will star attack after attack .with this poor strikers they can score just 1 goal,other shots will be corners kicks

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Absolutely right, draw is more safe option than corners over. If one team scores its possible to end 1-1 or 2-2 but there will be no over. If you think about over its better to take 0-0 @ 6

MpLouis To bet corners when juve play is dangerous .they made over 10 almost every single game' date='if shahtor score first then juve will star attack after attack .with this poor strikers they can score just 1 goal,other shots will be corners kicks[/quote'] It's a fair point. Corner bets are always risky because they depend on how the game progresses.

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) Absolutely right, draw is more safe option than corners under. If one team scores its possible to end 1-1 or 2-2 but there will be no under. If you think about corners under its better to take 0-0 @ 6

Re: Group E > Dec 5th (Shakhtar, Juventus, Chelsea, FC Nordsjaelland) "Chelsea need to beat Nordsjaelland and hope Shakhtar Donetsk defeat Juventus. Any other outcome will mean Chelsea become the first Champions League winners to fail to reach the knockout stage the following season." [http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20522151] Call me crazy but what happens if Shakhtar will draw against Juventus and Chelsea will beat Nordsjaelland 7-0 ??? Chelsea still have a chance to qualify without waiting for a miracle in Ukraine. As far as I know Chelsea can even win the group. They have to score at least 7 goals and to concede none. It's not going to be easy but it's not impossible. Now depends if Chelsea players want Benitez as their manager. If they do, they will show it tonight. Also, Chelsea already won away in Danemark 0-4. Chelsea (-2) @10/11 (Coral) Chelsea (-3) @11/5 (Coral) Mata - anytime goalscorer @10/11 (Coral)